• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed The First Annual Solaurea City World Tournament! (RP)

In the spectators’s stand, Ken had been quietly watching as the first match went by and started reaching its conclusion. “This has been an interesting battle to say the least.” He thought to himself. Riley may not realize it, but Ken had been looking towards her side of the battlefield more than Micheal’s. “That girl probably showed a better grasp of strategy in this battle. I also just don’t like the other guy’s attitude.” He thought.

MihajloJedi

Previously m1h4jl0
Michael's plan was finally doable as Excadrills dug out of the ground.
"Now Floatzel clones dissappear." Michael commanded.
All Floatzels but one dissappeard from battlefield, and remaining one used Protect so he wouldn't get hit by one of Excadrill's Smart Strikes.
'And now hopefully, they will hit each other' Michael thought.

"Hm... He seems like he doesn't really know what he's doing." Riley thought confused as all the Floatzel clones disappeared. As the Excadrill hit the Protected Floatzel, they all looked at each other and jumped back. As Riley became more confused, Floatzel got hurt by the Sandstorm. She sighed and called out to the Excadrill " Use Focus Blast!" The Pokemon all heightened their mental focus and unleashed their power. "He doesn't know which one's the real one and who's attack will actually do damage! So he doesn't know who to hit! And if he uses Protect again, it may fail!" Riley thought to herself.

MihajloJedi

Previously m1h4jl0
"Focus blast, I can handle that. Floatzel, I know I said I am gonna play like a comlete amateur, and that I am not gonna use moves you are used to, use Surf." Michael said to his Pokémon.
Floatzel used Surf that created giant wave behind him. That was the way Michael would discover which Excadrill is real, cause only real one would take damage.

"Use dig!" Riley quickly called to the Excadrill. As the wave closed in on them, they all went underground and covered the gap in the ground so that water wouldn't fill the holes. After the wave passed, they came back up. "I know how to handle moves like this! Excadrill, Rock Tomb!" The Excadrill nodded and they made rocks fall out of the sky. Some of them were fake, but no one knew which ones.

Riley smiled as Michael seemed pretty flustered that Surf didn't work. "It's my chance to go all out!" She thought happy. As the opposing Floatzel closed in on an Excadrill, Riley called out "Let it hit you!" The Excadrill nodded and got hit by the Aqua Tail, disappearing. "Quickly, Metal Claw!" The remaining Excadrill ganged up on the Floatzel with a smile as their claws got shiny and attacked the foe.

Finion tensed up a little bit as he heard an unknown voice behind him. It was even more unsettling that the unknown voice had used his name. He turned to see Loki standing next to him, Finion giving a shaky smile but quickly returning his attention back to the battle. "I don't know if I'm going to be honest" His word delivery was a little bit awkward and shaky but he forced himself to relax, there was no point in being worried next to his opponent. "Both of them are on their last Pokemon and both of them are giving their all" A smile came across his face, knowing that his Pokemon would do the same for him in the upcoming battle.

"Hey so ..." Finion had intended to talk to Loki but the second he started doing so his mind went blank. "We're like up next and I just wanna ..." He glanced to the side, sighing a little bit as the Pachirisu on his shoulder gave Loki a glare. Finion was quick to notice this, poking Sparky's face and frowning. "Hey, no. Don't do that" With his Pokemon temporarily disciplined he looked back to Loki. "Have fun and stuff, just because we're opponents doesn't mean we can't be friends" Finion offered a more genuine and firm smile than before as well as his hand for a handshake.

Alice watched the battle. She may not like Riley, but she preferred her treatment of her pokemon over Michel. "Stragity, the battle is almost over, which one would be the better opponent for me? Which one would give me a harder battle." The Oragaru pointed his leaf at Riley. She made Alice not think straight during a battle and she also used tactics that would be different to most people. Alice nodded. "I'll try to battle her after my match. Thank you Stragity."
"Garu"

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Going to have to briefly stop you there and remind you that forcing hits is still autoing. You can launch an attack at another person's character, but it's up to that other person to decide whether the attack connected. Not you.

I've received a few reports about this thread. Kindly review the rules and don't let me catch any of you autoing again, please.

"Try to dodge----" Riley called out to her Pokemon, but Excadrill got hit by the Hydro Pump before he could even think about dodging. He took a heavy breath but then looked intensely at the opponent. He was fine, mostly. It wasn't that much of a problem. Riley let out a shaky breath.. "Now, use Dig!" The girl shouted. All of the Excadrill dug their way underground and popped back out. Now, no one was able to know which one is the real one. "Rock Tomb, again!" The Excadrill made rocks falling down from the sky. "Now that there are less Excadrill, the chance that the Floatzel will get hit by a fake one is smaller!" Riley thought.

Last edited:

XanthousXatu

Previously SwiftSwoobat
Loki shook Finion's hand, happily. "Oh yeah, I knew your name because I looked at the tournament bracket... I'm sorry if I startled you...", Loki explained. Loki was holding Valdivia's Heavy Ball, while Permafrost was mingling with the Pachirisu. One of Loki's eyes darted to the battlefield, while the other was still looking at Finion. Loki looked at the two Pokemon, then back to Finion," So... where did ya get her from?"

Last edited:

MihajloJedi

Previously m1h4jl0
Floatzel got hit by rocks, but only one was real. He was very low now. Another hit would probably KO him.
"Floatzel, use Surf and wait for the real one to come out then hit him with Hydro Pump."Michael said.
'I hope Surf will soak ground enough, so Excadrills become slower. That way, Floatzel will be able to hit him before he digs back in.'

That made a lot of sense now that he thought about it, the tournament bracket display earlier was why Finion knew Loki’s name. “It’s fine I-I get pretty easily startled” Sparky was tentatively sniffing the Alolan Sandslash, seemingly being friendly until his cheeks began to spark with blue electricity. Finion was quick to scoop Sparky up in his arms, sighing at the small electric squirrel. “Stop it Sparky, not yet” He poked the little Pokemon’s nose gently then went back to talking to Loki. “I got him from my parents farm actually, little pest was eating all the berries and instead of driving him away we decided to give him a home. Been with me ever since so ...” Finion did the maths in his head. “like 7 years”

As the wave was closing on Excadrill, Riley was at a loss. "Ugh, what can I do?" She thought frustrated. "The ground is too moldy now, Dig won't work! And... And..." She almost gave up, until an idea popped into her head. "This will block the Surf, but not the Hydro Pump! Ugh, I need to try!" She called out to Excadrill "Quickly, use Protect!" Excadrill nodded and blocked the wave, but it got the copies. As the Hydro Pump came, Riley realized that Excadrill was too tired to counter. He didn't have enough time to dodge and got hit. He got sent back a couple of feet and put his claws into the ground to steady himself. Riley's mind was racing, she didn't know what move to suggest that Excadrill will handle. She was about to say something, when Excadrill fell to the ground unconscious.
"And the winner is Michael Port!!!' The referee announced. The crowd roared and applauded. Riley sighed disappointed but put a small smile on her face. She walked over to Excadrill, quietly saying "This ground is so moldy, I'm gonna vomit..." She kneeled beside him, where it was only dirt and began patting his head.
"Good job, Excadrill. You deserve this rest." She called him back to his PokeBall and got up, getting the dust off her clothes and out of her hair. She walked tip toe over to Michael, avoiding getting more dirt on her shoes. She stretched her arm to him with a smile and said "Good fight!"

XanthousXatu

Previously SwiftSwoobat
"Oh...", Loki laughed, it was ironic that a 'pest' was his starter," Me and Permafrost go way back... I was exploring Mount Mortar with my brother's Zubat... I saw a Pokemon yelling from a cliff, and ran past a horde of Golbat and Geodude to rescue it. It was like those movies, just in time... That was 'bout... 8 years ago, when I was six..." He heard one of the current battlers say 'Good Fight', and turned to her. "Ah! Let's get this show on the road!", he jumped up, bursting with excitement.

Alice clapped for Michal, but a frown was on her face. She wanted to face Riley in battle. She looked at her Oragaru. "Michal is stronger." SHe said to him before he shook his head. Right, she must not get cocky, especially before her first match. She realised that Finnon was about to battle. She was going to openly root for him, even if she looks stupid because of it. Yes even wave her arms around. The more she thought about it though, the more it sounded distracting. SHe was just going to yell words of encouragement. That would be better for Finnon and would make her seem less stupid.

MihajloJedi

Previously m1h4jl0
"Nice fight in deed."Michael said and shook Riley's hand.
He was satisfied with how his opponent played this match.
"You know, you are probably in top 20 trainers I ever fought. This match was pretty good, but it could've been better if I used my best moves before Floatzel fought against Excadrill" Michael said to his opponent and then turned to Floatzel.
"Come here buddy, we did it."Michael said to Floatzel and they gave high five to each other.

Riley smiled at Michael's response. "I don't know about top twenty, but thanks." She said with a chuckle. She got off the arena and went to its entrance. She passed by Finion and Loki, who both seemed very excited. She wasn't going to say anything, but when she saw Finion's face, she chuckled and said "You have the face of a baby. Anyway, good luck to the both of you!" She went to the stadium and found a seat. She sat down and waited for the next match to start. She smiled, knowing that she put a good fight.

Finion looked at Permafrost while Loki explained how him and the Sandslash had met. It was quite the tale and he could imagine that the two of them were very close to each other, probably much like him and Sparky. He snapped out of his thoughts when Loki jumped up in excitement, Finion looking out onto the pitch and then taking a deep breath.
Like Loki he was excited but along that feeling he was also nervous and terrified and worried and jittery. He kept it contained within himself. "Mhm" The trainer was about to walk out onto the pitch until Riley's ... compliment? He was not sure how to handle being told he had a baby face. It stunted him for a second, so much so that his Pachirisu swished it's tail in front of Finion's face to get him moving. "Right, right okay lets go" He tried to move but found his legs stuck to the spot. Finion spoke to Loki "... Do you wanna walk out first I'll ... I'll like follow behind you"

XanthousXatu

Previously SwiftSwoobat
Loki walked on the battlefield, and there was an uproar of cheers. He was absolutely terrified. He walked to the left side, trembling. He held Permafrost tight to him, and held a Great Ball in his left hand. "Okay, buddy... this is what we've been training for...", he stuttered. Loki all of a sudden felt pumped, feeling that the crowd was only cheering for him. He began to think out strategies more clearly, and even his face changed expressions.

"Impossible to tell." Nathan replied as the battle appeared to be close and both trainers had displayed their skill, though in the end it would appear the answer was revealed as eventually Michael claimed a hard fought victory. Nathan had to applaud both competitor's efforts as he only realized just how stacked the field had been even as the next match was announced.

Can't afford to leave anything on the field, I've got to give it my all and prepare for anything. I know my team can handle anything, I just gotta make sure I am every bit as ready...

Finion , true to his word, walked out behind Loki. He was just as terrified, looking around the stadium now surrounding the two of them. It was a lot bigger now that he was standing on the pitch.
“No, focus” Finion took a right, heading towards his side of the pitch. Instead of convincing himself that the crowd was cheering for him he convinced himself that they weren’t there. Closing his eyes and drowning out the noise, focusing on the field, his Pokemon and his opponent. Whilst Finion focused, Sparky enjoyed the cheering. The furry Pachirisu waving to the crowd with an excited and happy smile.
He reopened his eyes and across the reset pitch stood Loki. “Let’s do this” Finion spoke to himself and then grabbed a Pokeball, raising it in front of him and clicking down on the button to release the Pokemon within. An Infernape materialised from the white light, looking at the crowd around him with a massive grin. Finion crouched down to give his Pokemon a little pep talk. “Hey, Blitz. Don’t get distracted okay” He smiled at the fire monkey, reaching out a hand to give him a playful high five. “You ready?” Blitz high fived back and nodded in response, turning away from his trainer and the bounding forwards onto the battlefield. “Infernape!” His call was confident and loud, it filling Finion up with the same confidence.

Last edited:

XanthousXatu

Previously SwiftSwoobat
"Perfect...", Loki smiled," This may be risky, but it couldn't hurt... Verde, let's go!!" He threw the Great Ball onto the stadium, and a Tangrowth came out. Permafrost jumped off of Loki's shoulders, right next to him. "Use Toxic!", he commanded. "Tangro!", it shouted, releasing venomous poison, not at Blitz, but around itself. Loki perfected this strategy travelling through Johto, and so did Verde. Good, this technique comes from both the trainer and the Pokemon, now I just need to wait, Loki thought.

Last edited:
Finion was not one to underestimate his opponent and so the Tangrowth actually worried him. What kind of strategy did Loki have? Clearly one that convinced him to put a grass type against a fire type. Finion was about to tell Blitz to dodge until he noticed where the toxic went. “Hmm” Was it a barrier? A sort of close range defence? Problematic considering Blitz was more of a physical fighter with only a few known special attacks. “Flamethrower!” The Infernape took a deep breath and then bellowed a tight stream of fire straight towards the Tangrowth. Finion wasn’t aiming to damage the Tangrowth, he wanted to see what Loki would do.

XanthousXatu

Previously SwiftSwoobat
Hmm... this'll go on for a while..., Loki thought. "Verde, Hyper Beam! Also, attach Leech Seed to it!", Loki commanded. The Hyper Beam went through the Flamethrower, as it is rather weak compared to each other. The Leech Seed appeared as tiny seeds at first, then they grew into vines and wrapped around Blitz. Energy was being sucked from Blitz to Verde from underground.

“Roll left!” Finion commanded Infernape to dodge as soon as he heard the words hyper beam, Tangrowth’s attack slicing straight through Blitz flamethrower. Despite dodging the hyper beam Infernape couldn’t dodge the leech seed.
“You okay Blitz?” “Infernape!” The fire type responded back with strength in his voice but Finion knew that strength wouldn’t last. Leech seed would slowly sap away Infernape’s health and it was likely that he would soon be dealing with toxic. Loki was trying to craft a slow battle of attrition, one that would slowly drain Blitz’s stamina. He couldn’t win this fighting careful. “Alright Blitz we’re throwing caution to wind, got it!” His infernape nodded “Get in close with a Mach punch then a flurry of fire punches!” The infernape’s fists began to glow white, the fire type dashing across the battle field straight up to Tangrowth. He threw a single Mach punch at the grass type before his fists ignited, surrounded by flames . From that point onwards Blitz would repeatedly use fire punch, sticking close to the Tangrowth and attempting to side step any attack. Finion knew Blitz was going to get poisoned but took the risk.

Last edited:
Riley watched the second match begin. She looked back and forth between Loki, Finion, Blitz and Verde. She began thinking about it. "Hm, so Finion is risking his Infernape getting poisoned by throwing him with Mach Punch near the opposing Tangrowth, who has surrounded itself with Toxic. This will be an interesting match, to say the least..." She didn't want to make a scene by loudly rooting for someone, so she just leaned back in her seat and began quietly tapping her foot, as a sign of rooting for Finion. She liked that he had a very delicate face, just like a baby's.

Alice narrowed her eyes. "Come on Finion." She whispered. He had to win! Alice took a few deep breaths. The match just started, she shouldn't get so worked up. She closed her eyes for a moment to think. There were some ways to bypass the Toxic. By washing it away, using a steel or poison type, and cover it up with dirt. Hopefully, Finion would figure that out.

After the first battle ended, Wolf rose to his feet to applaud both trainers for the amazing show they put on. The result wasn't what he was expecting, but the way Michael was able to shift the momentum in his favour inspired Wolf to reconsider his strategies.

He didn't have much time to think, as the battle between Finion and Loki started quickly after the first. Wolf couldn't help but chuckle at the sight of an Infernape and a Tangrowth, both Pokémon he knows all too well from the Sinnoh region. Lets see what you got, Finion and Loki.

XanthousXatu

Previously SwiftSwoobat
"Quick, do it!", Loki commanded. Verde used Toxic, pushing Blitz back onto the layer of Toxic poison surrounding Verde. "I call that strategy 'Double Toxic'!", Loki announced," Now, use Ancient Power!" Verde controlled pieces of the ground and threw it at Blitz, who was so poisoned, it could barely move. "Yes!", Loki shouted with glee.

Last edited:
The double toxic attack hit Infernape hard, the fire type struggling to move for a second as his body tensed up in response to the poison. “Counter with a close combat!” Finion had hoped the powerful fighting type move would break up the rocks but due to the toxic Blitz didn’t react quickly enough. The fire type was launched backwards by the rock type move, landing roughly on his back and laying still for a second. “Blitz you okay?!” Finion sounded concerned but was surprised to see his Pokemon jump back onto his feet. Blitz was slouching slightly however and the leech seed and toxic were slowly depleting his health. He was already on his last legs “Blaze of glory?” The Infernape grinned, looking back at a Finion and then nodding in agreement. Finion smiled back, a hint of sadness on his face “You know what to do” The fire type gathered it’s strength and once again ran towards Verde. Once close to Verde blue fire suddenly enveloped the Infernape as it used flare blitz, jumping the rest of the way and spinning through the air in a corkscrew like manner. The move, if it connected, would finish Blitz off with recoil damage but also hopefully deal a fair amount of damage to Tangrowth.

XanthousXatu

Previously SwiftSwoobat
"No! Verde!", Loki cried out to the battlefield. It failed to avoid the attack, but it didn't faint. "Synthesis!", Loki commanded. Verde harnessed large amounts of energy form the sun into it. Wait..., Loki thought, I think Ancient Power gave it boosts in stats! "Now, use Earthquake!", Loki commanded. Verde pounded the ground to make it shake, with stones popping out randomly.

After his successful attack Blitz stood proudly behind the Tangrowth, barely on his feet and sapped of all energy. The smile on the fire types face though couldn’t be any bigger. He had been one of Finion’s first Pokemon in a world tournament and he had done rather well. For the Infernape that was enough. Blitz fell to his knees and then onto his stomach, fainted from the recoil of his last move.

Finion recalled his Pokemon just before Loki’s earthquake attack, figuring it was an accidental move on Loki’s part. “You did an exceptional job Blitz, I got plan now don’t you worry” He put the Pokeball back into his bag, uncovering a new one and then releasing the Pokemon from within it onto the field once the earthquake was done. A Zoroark appeared onto the pitch, the dark type calmly looking across the pitch at Loki and Verde. “Alright Raven, keep your distance, don’t get hit” Finion waited for Loki and his Tangrowth to make a move. Raven seemed calm but was ready to spring into action at any point.

XanthousXatu

Previously SwiftSwoobat
"Hm...", Loki looked at the Zoroark. "Return, Verde!", Loki said," Leviores, come on out!" He threw the Poke Ball. "Now, Rain Dance!", he commanded. Leviores was baffled at the crowd, in shock, it didn't move. "Sandslash! Sand!!! Sandslash!!! Sla!!!", Permafrost yelled at Leviores. The Ampharos felt too much pressure and created a huge rainstorm over the entire city out of fear of the crowd and Permafrost. Loki felt the rain, it landed hard, feeling like a watery hail. "Ow...", he groaned, being pelleted by the rain.

Loki had switched his Pokemon? It seemed like he’d have to deal with the Tangrowth later, for now he had an ampharos to worry about. “Alright Raven fire off a dark pulse” The Zoroark joined her hands together, a black stringy energy with a purple out line forming and contorting in her palms. She pushed out her arms and faced her palms towards Leviores, firing the dark pulse at the electric type just as the rain was beginning.
Finion looked up at the whether change, pulling his goggles over his eyes and sighing a little bit. He imagined thunder would be an issue.

Finion frowned as the Ampharos used Cotton guard. Luckily for him Raven used a mix of physical and special attacks and seeing as he was going to have to rely on special attacks he decided to boost it. “Dodge it!” Raven hopped back out the range of dragon breath, narrowing her eyes a little and then waiting for her trainers command. “Alright use Nasty plot and then start getting close to it with double team” Finion’s Zoroark boosted its special attack and then began to run towards Leviores, double team creating multiple copies of the dark type that spread across the pitch.

Last edited: