• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Sword Art Online: A New Disaster

I think the problem with the first boss was that they took forever to find the dungeon. Add that with low morale for being stuck on the first floor so long (two months in the Anime) and with the staggering amount of deaths (two thousand people died before they could even FIND the first floor, there were like, what, ten thousand people? That's literally a fifth of the playerbase wiped out in two months before they cleared the first floor) morale with (understandably) be low. In several more months I'd think we'd start progressing a hella lot faster. Couple that with the morale boost with the fact that not only did we defeat the boss, but (apparently) there were no casualties.

I'm cool with D.C., Koop, and Rose being a three-person party for a while before joining a guild. D.C. would probably stick with them, anyway.

@Ry_Burst It'd be neat if you could sketch up my OC.

Episode 3 is the first fight that doesn't take place on floor one. But by that time a year has passed and they are way past floor three, and the average player is around 20, considering the Moonlit Black Cats are our baseline. However we know there are people who are way stronger, like Kirito during that time.

I think it would still start off kinda slow, as people would spend time leveling up, while others purely coped with the situation. The floor clearing sweep wouldn't reach full effect until I'd say about Floor 20 as an estimate. So I'd say three months is a good estimate, especially since we don't have the same gamers that the original SAO players did. But again, this is purely my opinion. You guys do what you think would work best.

As for @Dapper_Cat, I'll see what I can do. :)

I'd say nearing early to mid-teens. The leveling process would be a bit more slower as time passes. And I don't think they were really high level canonically during the first boss fight.

I've done the research. The Moonlit Black Cats were past floor 11 for sure, and around level 20. And this was after about almost a year online. I'd say right now, we would be level 5, tops. We would be closer to 10, maybe 13 being tops at floor 3.

We are already around level 10 right now

And yeah I never saw the actual anime, Still haven't and don't plan to. I Know the basics of the show just not how slow the leveling actually is

I can kinda understand level 10 for floor 1 because how long it took to find the boss, but please share the xp hacks around with everyone next time.

I enjoyed it. Was it rushed? Yes. Do I enjoy something as simple as Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid better? Yes. Was SAO Abridged better? Yes. Does it sound like I'm purposefully trash-talking SAO? Yes. Am I? No. It's actually not that bad, and I think it's a good starter anime for people.

I'll just have D.C. keep his level anonymous. For the story's sake, he's around the same level as everyone else.

Okay, so after more research, we wouldn't be at level 10. The Moonlit Black Cats were all around their early-20's and died on Floor 27. We wouldn't be very higher, maybe most of us level 1 at this point. Even if you haven't seen the anime, you should take the time to research the world if you are unfamiliar with it. The point is, I feel like level 10 is like for being around Floor 10 or 11, not floor 1.

This is a recreation so t shouldn't be exactly the same as the original, If this takes place after the original incident, the game could be modified in some ways, Like the leveling

But that would ruin the purpose of the entrapping of the characters, if the leveling system is even more unfair, and makes the game way to easy. The whole purpose was to provide enjoyment to Kayaba. If it's too easy, then there is no point in doing this whole thing at all.

Yes, the leveling system is a bit different. I do see your point, though, Ry. We'll say that there was a massive panic that ensued when the first message was given(I know, the same thing would've happened in Japan too, but I don't have any other ideas) and that, along with a leveling bug that a few lines of code from the AI in the system, was why the players were able to level so quickly. Not much of an explanation, but I don't have anything else except an apology for being an airhead. :/

As for the Guild thing that was brought up by someone, we had already decided on naming the Guild the Midnight Charmers. I'm going to make a form for the leader, and I'll let whoever thinks they can RP him well have him. I'll also make a rival Guild and I'll control the leader of it for plot reasons

The reason I'm not having any if our mains be the leader is because I feel like it wouldn't be fair to just give away the title of Guild Leader to someone who ends up not being able to RP a leader right when other people that are capable aren't able to because said someone won't admit they're out of their league.

And one month sounds good, but let's go one and a half.

Now for the Midnight Charmers' new leader:

Name: Zachary Jackson
Username: Zax
Appearance: Zax has long teal hair that he wears in a man-bun. His skin tone is quite tanned, and he has green eyes. Zax wears a teal shirt and baggy sea-green pants under his armor, which is silver. He also wears a pair of brown leather boots.
Weapon of Choice: Sword
Skills: Chasing(High), Defending(Medium), and Listening(Low).
Personality: Zax is a kind and quiet person. If he sees his Guildmates harmed in any way, however, his cool-headed personality changed and he goes to town. Though he is a pretty strong person, Zax will normally try to settle conflict with negotiation. Again, if he sees anyone hurt, there will be no hesitation on his part to draw a sword.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
My character still wanted to be leader so I have a bit of a question, for plot reasons. I was thinking since Cosmic knows so many people, and he wants to own a guild, he would have Zax on his friend list and tell him a bit on the future guild he wanted to create. Zax would make a guild himself which has a sort of similar name (Cosmic wanted a guild called Midnight Strikers) and Cosmic then began hating Zax. He challenged Zax to a duel to become the new guild leader, and lost. He decided to join Midnight Charmers anyways and tried to be one of the leaders. While he doesn't show it, he secretly still hates Zax.

I was wondering. Would we have a rival guild of some sort? If so, I wouldn't mind setting up some of their details. Consider them like our Laughing Coffin.

I'm asking because I kind of want Ry to have some beef against some rivals and joining the Midnight Charmers as a way to fight them.

Yeah, we're going to have a rival Guild. They're not going to be specifically a murder Guild like Laughing Coffin, but I was thinking of having them be aggressive, cocky, and ambitious. They're not out for blood, but will take out anyone that blocks their way. They see clearing floors as a competition and will literally kill players that defeat a boss if that player isn't in their Guild. I'm thinking Angry Goose is a pretty good name(it comes from an inside joke and the fact that geese are aggressive as hell).

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Koop. This is still SAO. There wouldn't be that much reason for magic when the entire game is about weapons like swords.