• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Sword Art Online: A Game Of Life Or Death RP

TheJustinMann

Previously TheJustinMan
Justin felt the nudge from the wolf, and smiled a bit. He still hadn’t noticed the wolf had a rose in its mouth. He then walked along to the tavern. He saw Blade sitting just outside, looking around cautiously. He walked up to her, and gave Dove back. “There we are. Now I just gotta wait for Casey. You can go ahead and get a room, if you’d like. By the way, Dove here is really helpful!” He said to her, patting the big armored dog. He then showed her the key. “I also found an open shop, so I’ll begin blacksmithing soon.” He continued. He then looked around for Casey.

She smiled gently. "Oh I know she is and she has as very good instinct on finding materials for weapons so she is very reliable but thank you for the keys. Also Casey went inside probably to get a room and sleep but I'll see you tomorrow ok Larry" she said before looking at Dove. "Oh Dove what is that your holding" she bent down to look at her holding a rose in her mouth as she gently took it. Dove barked nudging her gently as she wagged her tail before standing up. She waved goodbye for now to Larry as she entered the tarven. She made her way upstairs using the key to open the door to her room. She walked in and closed the door locking it. She opened her menu as she took off her clothing to default wearing just nightwear shorts and a tank top. She also removed Dove's armor as she just now looked like a normal wolf. She sat on the bed looking out the window as she felt herself trembling but felt Dove's head rest on her lap. "I'm alright...Dove....yeah I'm scared out of my mind right now.....of dying...and lose you too..." She started crying as she held Dove gently before sleep took her as she felt Dove's paw gently on her.-

Dylan saw everyone heading to their rooms, and then one person walked up the stairs that he remebered too well. When the girl left he laid back further in his chair. "Ugh, now I will have to deal with her in the morning if we wake up at the same time." He went upstairs and she already went into her room. "Good, I will probably be able to avoid her with my luck." He went into his room and sat down on his bed after taking off his armor. He realized the beds were smaller and not as good as the ones in the previous town. He shrugged it off and went to sleep.

Casey had been done grinding for the time being. He went back into the Town of Beginnings, and as the sun fell, he decided to go to sleep. Noticing that he'd spent most of his Cor to materials, he just barely had enough to rent a room from the grinding he had done. As he rented the room, he was glad he had enough. Others could possibly pickpocket him if he slept in the open.

As he took off his cloak and leaped onto the bed, he felt like he was at home. Like he'd never bought Sword Art Online; never put on the Nervegear. He wished that it was all over. He recollected the memories of the minute he found out that he was stuck, it was the first time where he was truly afraid. He'd always been so carefree in his life, though he can't be anymore. I have to be serious. I can't let everyone I ever loved or cared about worry about me, he thought. Tears started emerging, one by one. In the end, he cried himself to sleep.

TheJustinMann

Previously TheJustinMan
Justin went inside after noticing Casey go in, and went in to his room. The room was a decent size, surprisingly similar to the size of his own room. He sat at the small table in the room, and pulled out a bit of bread he had on him, and some water. He began eating the bread, and drank the water, all the same. “Refreshing...” he thought, as he opened the window and stuck his head out a bit. He began thinking of his real life. “Folks are gonna worry about me... “ he said to himself, a tear welling in his eye. He quickly shook that expression off of him. The last thing he was gonna do was die. He wasn’t about to let anyone else die, either. He understood that the others with him earlier must’ve felt the same way, they had family’s too. He quickly began going through the weapons he saw them wielding, and planned to make better ones. He was prepared to do everything he needed to, just to help the others. “If I’m gonna stick with you... I’m gonna do whatever I can to get us out of here...” he thought. Exhausted, he then fell asleep.

Dylan sat up in his bed. He didn't know why he suddenly woke up but when he looked outside it was snowing. "Wow!" His voice was childish, and actually sounded like a kid. He ran out of his room and nobody was around. There was a note on the dining table that said 'Called in for work, enjoy the snow -Mom.' Real Dylan realized that this was a memory of a snow day from when he was 7, school was called off. He got a bowl of cereal and once he was finished eating, he got some warm clothes on. He started to run out the door as he turned around and called for someone, "Hey Laci! I am going out for a bit!" He closed the door and headed towards the park. "Seems like I am not in control of these dreams, or what I say here."

He went to the park and played around on the swings for a bit. He was humming the tune of 'Row your boat' when a group of kids from school came into view. He quickly stopped and just kept swinging, making sure he didn't look up at all. One of the kids walked up to him, "Hey, what are you doing out here?" Dylan looked up at him and had a bit of sarcasm in his voice when he spoke, "It's a public park you idiot." He didn't mean to say idiot but it felt good, but before he knew it, the kid pushed him off the swing and the other two kids with him pinned him. One spoke with a glare and a harsh tone, "You better watch out before you get yourself hurt." The kid punched his stomach and laughed. He was kicked and punched a few more times till he became weak. They all let go of him and walked away, laughing. Dylan saw the white sky of snow filling up with blackness. "I couldn't have done anything, it was three against me, what was I supposed to do?" He said that, but he forgot one thing, he was stubborn back then. He slowly got up and saw one of the kids turn around and laugh, "Aw, look! The punk wants round two!" The kid slowly aproached him and then ran in for a punch, but Dylan dodged and pushed him over, making him fall face first in the snow. Dylan smiled before seeing that kid tackle him and made him hit his head on the metal bar of the swing. Everything went black.

He woke up back in his house and his sister sitting in from of him next to a fireplace. She had a bruise on her arm and was smiling, "Hey, you are awake! When you left, I was actually already up and getting ready so I decided to follow you. I came just in time to see you get up and fight off those guys! Even though you were weak at that momment, you showed me that you were strong enough to fight!" She hugged me and then started to check Dylan's arms and legs for bruises. Dylan smiled and felt happy, "Thanks sis, I just didn't want them to get the better of me anymore, so I stood up for myself." Dylan looked at her bruise and frowned, "What happened there?" She looked at it and was shocked as if she never saw it, "Oh, I guess it was when I fought that kid who tackled you, because of what I saw, you gave me the strength to want to fight, and so I pushed him back to his friends, and maybe a metal poll, but they decided to just leave us alone!" Dylan smiled and hugged her again.

Dylan woke up in SAO again and looked around, he felt cold again, he had nothing to keep him warm, no light, no fire, nothing. He laid back down in his bed and thought about the last thing he said to his sister, "It was just before I hopped in, I walked up to her and talked about something related to SAO, but I can't remember what..." He went back to sleep and mumbled one last thing, "Where are you lil' sis?"

(LONG POST!)

She knew she was dreaming as she could see that she was with her brother Shadow before he left for his trip. She also remembered the good times when mom and dad were around just happy and full of life. This turned into a nightmare afterwards seeing the death of both her parents beside her brother older Shadow in a car accident. This tore her deeply as she knew this was true. She didn't want go think that it was but she couldn't think that way as she knew they were gone and she couldn't change it.

She gasped waking up from it as she saw she was shaking. She brang her legs closer to herself as she cried softly. She felt the nudge from Dove as she slipped her head onto her arms. She held her closely as she looked at the time seeing it was 5:30am. She closed her eyes and soon drifted to sleep again before the next morning.

She woke up at 8:00am as she got out of her bed fixing herself like she usually does in the morning then put on her actually outfit to cover her with her hooded cape and mask. She gave a group message to Casey and Larry to meet her outside of the tavern once they were ready. She made her way out of her room before closing and locking her door room. "Dove you wait here for Larry and Casey ok" she asked her as she barked in response before making her way out of the tavern.

Dove made her way to Larry's room by scent as she pawed at the door for him to wake up as she sat down waiting for the door to be open.-

TheJustinMann

Previously TheJustinMan
Justin had a dream himself, and it was about the same as the others. He dreamt about his real life, the good times he had with his family. The man to man times with his dad, the mother-son relationship with his mom... and the good times with his niece, Ellie. He quickly woke up, his eyes drooping in sadness. That and the pawing at the door had woke him up, a tear in his eye. He opened his inventory, and equipped everything, his weapons to his clothing. He went to the mirror and made sure he looked presentable, fluffing his hair a bit, and opened the door. There, sure enough, was Dove. He closed the door and stood in front of her, petting her. “Morning, Dove...” he said, after noticing the message from Blade. He read it only to find out that Blade wanted everyone to meet outside the tavern. He walked to the front lobby, ordered a drink, and went outside. He then looked around for Blade.

Dove followed close to Larry as she looked up at him seeing a tear in his eyes just like how JC was. She stood up on her hind legs placing her front paws on his chest gently licking his tears as she wagged her tail slightly before accidently knocking him down as she licked his face wagging her tail to cheer him up.

She looked around then saw Dove knock down Larry as she chuckled before walking up to him. "I see you too are having fun there I suppose" she said holding bread with butter in it for the two of them but had and extra one for Casey. "Want some bread with butter its pretty good" she said handing one to him.-

Casey had a lucid dream that night. He saw himself grab the small case of Sword Art Online. Realizing that it was a dream, he attempted to throw it down. Nothing happened, he wasn't in control during this dream. He saw his mother, muttering to him before he started the game. "Make sure to get off for dinner!" He shed a tear. Casey never realized what she said that night, though it might've been a segment of the dream. Darkness covered his sight, and he saw the shadow of Kayaba Akihiko. "You could've changed this, but it's too late." The Game master said, until his mind went blank. Then, he woke up with sweat on his face.

He equipped the cloak, and slammed the door open. Determined to get through the tough experience of Sword Art Online, he ran out of the room. About to sprint towards the food stand, he ran into Blade. Staring at the piece of bread, he licked his lips. "Uh.. Hello, could I have that?"

TheJustinMann

Previously TheJustinMan
Justin was knocked down, though he playfully laughed, and got the dog off of him. He then noticed Blade, and took the piece of bread and butter. “Thanks!” He said to her. He then noticed Casey, and smiled at him. “I think that ones’ for you, Casey.” He said, noticing Blade had gotten three. He then turned back to Dove, and pet her some more. The wolf really had cheered him up a bit. He looked at the other two instead of saying anything, wondering if there was anything they wanted to do.

She chuckled as she handed the extra one to Casey. "Of course you can have it as it is yours Casey don't want your to faint from hunger" she smiled gently before handing him the bread with butter. She saw Dove lick his hand before returning to her side as she sat down. She felt a bit off from last night but pushed it away quickly before looking at the boys. "Actually, boys would you mind if I went to the forest of beasts as there is something I need to look for there?" She asked eating the last piece of her bread as she tossed some meat to Dove seeing her eat it.-

Casey didn't hesitate to take the bread, and chewed it slowly. "Oh, sure." He said. The bread was dry. He took a big gulp of water. "This is really.. Real." He put the water on the ground, and continued to eat the bread. He hadn't ate food at all yesterday due to his emotions on that day. It felt good to eat, even if it was virtual food.

TheJustinMann

Previously TheJustinMan
Justin nodded his head. “Sure, I’m fine with that. I’ll probably just need to make sure I have everything I need before we head out.” He said. He then looked at the bread he’d been given. He found it strange how he could taste and feel full by the food. He then thought of reasons why it felt this way... the NervGear. It locks into your brain, taking over your body’s senses, feelings, and other functions. If it locks into the parts of your brain... then it can stimulate taste, touch, sound, everything. But the food surely couldn’t satisfy your outside body... meaning the only thing in-game that would affect you would be sleep. So that means... would the people need to be moved to a hospital? Justin couldn’t understand it. He didn’t want to think about this anymore, if it was the case. “So Blade, What are you looking for?” He asked her, wanting to change his train of thought.

She looked to Larry before speaking. "Well there is a certain beast I need to tame so our team can be even to four because in battle Dove counts as a teammate but five is better then one but I warn you if you do want to enter with me then you have to be careful to not attack the feral beasts unless you have to as only Beast Tamers can enter but I can invite you in if you want to because taming these beast is a very difficult to perfect it took me some time to tame Dove because she was very feral but I managed to do it but this one is rare to find but I have been studying the beast closely but if you want to see how I tame them you can watch as well" she said as Dove stood up wagging her tail tongue out as she barked happily as she nudged Larry from behind closer to her before barking again at her.

She saw Dove's reaction to this and chuckled. "Alright calm down Dove. It looks like Dove has taken a liking to you a lot Larry I'm actually kind of jealous since she does that with me but forget what I said" she said before pulling out a teleportation crystal. "Alright just touch this crystal and I will take you there if you want to come" she said as the crystal glowed brightly.

"Aww... No fighting?" Casey has never been so happy to battle. He's always had an interest in RPG's, so much so that he might have an addiction. "Well, I guess I'll join in." He swallows the last piece of bread, smiling. "I have nothing better to do, anyway." He holds his hand on the crystal.

TheJustinMann

Previously TheJustinMan
Justin thought for a moment. He felt the nudge from Dove and smiled again. "Well then, let's get going, shall we?" Justin said. He wanted to do something, considering how bored he was, and he was sure that this would be enough to satisfy him. He looked at the time, and then readied to go, touching the crystal.

(DO NOT WORRY! I realize we are skipping this scene to go to the boss fight, just needed to post to progress in the story. Btw, I don't think it's ever mentioned what the first boss is, so...)

Last edited:
(Yes going to timeskip here)

After successfully taming another rare beast which was a Velociraptor in armor who she named Blue a message suddenly appeared about someone finding the boss and the location. She looked to her teammates before speaking. "Guys, I just received a message about the boss did you get it as well" she asked a Dove and Blue looked at them closely.-

Vee rolled groggily out of her bed, huffing at the effort due to her fatigue. What awoke her was the ping of a notification, alerting her that someone was gathering members for the boss fight.
She perked up immediately, hurrying over to Isak’s bed and shaking him violently to wake him.
“Isak! Isak, wake up,” she hissed, pulling her cloak on and buckling her belt. She cast a look at the coordinates provided, figuring it that it was close by. “They found floor one!”

Isak woke up at the sound of Little's voice.
"Huh. Let's get going then" he said. He got out of bed to get dressed. He put on his armor and set out through the door.
"Come on now, Little. Let's hurry" he said as he checked the location of they were all going to meet. It was pretty close. He didn't run because that would just waste energy. He did walk fast though. But he made sure that Little could keep up with him. His legs were longer so he could walk faster than her

"Yeah, I didn't notice at first. It appears to be a mass-message." Casey replied, and glanced at the message. Finally, we can get past the first floor, he thought. He looked back up at Blade and Justin. "Should we go over there? They sent the coordinates." He looked at his inventory for anything he could use in the battle. He noticed that he'd gotten a hammer from the quest he'd done yesterday, and it had superior stats in every possible way. Equipping it, Casey closed his menu.

Vee nodded quickly, and set off.
While she was a quick walker for her size (three years of track-and-field had made sure of this), she was still a little bit behind Isak, so she put a jump in her step and met his pace. They made their way to where they were supposed to be, where a group of players had gathered. Vee quickened her step to greet one.
“Are.. you here for the floor boss?” She asked, just to make sure they were in the right place.

(Vee’s asking one of the other OC’s, just figured i’d verify)

She nodded to Casey before speaking. "Of course we go there I am prepared already for this boss battle but make sure you are prepared for the boss because this will be a tough battle to beat but with a group we have the better advantage" she said crossing her arms against her before Dove barked in agreement as Blue screech cried to agree with Dove.

"Alright!" Casey said. He'd already been prepared. He never had to use anything in the previous quest, so now everybody could continue. He felt a sense of happiness from this. He switched things around in the menu, and told Blade that he was ready.

Dylan had already gotten up and was sitting in the meeting area. He was thinking about how this was going to work and- "Hell, those are some faces I have seen before." He laid back and looked at the sky. "I don't know what to say to that masked person if we meet, I have calmed down about the last meeting we had but I don't know about her." He thought of Kiera and he was thrown into a slight confused sadness. "Look's like its just me to fight with."

She nodded then looked to Larry before speaking. "Are you ready Larry? This will be a tough battle we have never experienced so we must be very careful when fighting this beast no matter how skilled we can be we must never let our guard down. This includes you as well Blue and Dove understand?" she said looking to the girls. Dove barked in agreement as Blue screech cried to agree with Dove. She looked through her menu to make sure she was good on her items especially healing crystals. She would sacrifice her life for any of her friends if she had to even if..she had to leave her brother Shadow behind. She pushed that aside for now thinking about the battle ahead.

Last edited:

TheJustinMann

Previously TheJustinMan
Justin looked to her, and shook his head slightly. “I’ll be back in a sec. This won’t take me long.”He said, and ran off into the Town of Beginnings. He then bought a heck-ton more throwing knives, healing crystals, and other items. He was prepared to throw himself in harms way, because of one reason. Despite how much he loved his family, how much his life meant... his life surely wasn’t as important as others lives. He wouldn’t mind if he died. Just as long as he die fighting. He then met back up with Blade 10 minutes later. “There. Now let’s get going.” He said, wanting to get the boss fight over with.

She looked to Larry as she just gave a sudden chuckle. "Alright then lets go Larry, Casey, girls" she said before making her way out of the tavern. She felt herself tremble as she looked to her hand but placed it into a fist before placing it down. "-This is fear....I know it is but I can't let it get in the way.....which is why I wear this mask...so my emotions don't cloud me.....because if they do.....I may hesitate....and die and not just me but my friends as well....-" she thought tightening her grip on the handle of her sword. She felt a nudge from both Blue and Dove in concern but she gently pet them both that she was ok. She gave a glance to her two teammates before looking away. "-No! I will not let them die!-"

Isak looked around at everyone. It didn't seem to be a lot of people around yet. That's pretty understandable. Most people probably haven't woken up yet. And those who had, were probably still dragging themselves out of bed. He was still a bit tired himself. He heard the people "in charge" here say something about waiting until more people arrived.
"Little, do you think Jumpy's coming?" He asked. He didn't want the guy there personally but if they were to defeat the boss they'd probably need him

Glade closed up his inventory and smiled. "I'm not going to the fight. I have stuff to take care. of."

Markus shot him a look. "So you're scared?"

"Markus, over this past month, you have become my best friend on here. I'm not going to lie to you, yes I am very scared, not of the boss, but of death. My job of saving the helpless isn't over." Glade looked away, choking on his words. "Anyways, after that fight with the other guild, you should throw on a cloak to get there. Just for you to be safe."

"You're right. Thanks Mom." Markus chuckled. They did a small handshake and Markus was off to go to the bossfight meeting in a deep crimson cloak.

Kiera woke up on the day of the meeting with the announcment. "Oh! I guess this is my time to shine!" She got up from her bed and went outside and went to the meeting place. "For a while I have been pretty down, but I am feeling much better now that I got it out of my system!" She walked into the area and saw a bunch of people starting to group together and she saw nobody she knew. She saw Dylan sitting in the croud and she freaked out a little bit. She took a deep breath and exhaled as she walked up to Dylan in a calm fasion. "Hey, haven't seen you in a while..."

Dylan was sitting staring into space and then he saw Kiera in his face. When she was done talking he realized he ignored her for the entire month. He put his speed band over hid eyes and put his hands on his face. "I was ignoring you, wasn't I?" He put back up his headband and looked at her. "Seem's like your here to fight the boss, is that right?" He was trying to avoid the topic of the indecent even though it was past him already, he just felt uncomfortable.

Kiera just stayed quiet when he said he was ignoring her. When he talked about the boss fight, she looked up and smiled. "Yup! I managed to get around a good enough level to be able to help in the fight, or at least I think I can..." She felt kind of weird around Dylan especially sense the last time she saw him Dylan was way better than her. "I am guessing people will have to group up to attack the boss, there are a lot of people coming in, even this early there are a lot." She was testing to see how Dylan would react to that.

Dylan smiled at her hope of being strong. "Hey, well if we do need to team up, that might be a problem." He stood up and looked into the distance and then looked back at her. "We might be a little rusty." He pat her shoulder and faced her. "What happened in the past happened and it's nothing, no use for us to just linger over that. We have to remember this is a game, but it's a game of life or death."

She was happy that he was over that completely. She became a little sad that he was still worried about the life, and so was she. "Your right, I always try my best and I like to think that I don't have to worry about dying if I am with somebody else, it just puts me at ease as if the other person is the night light and I am just a little kid." She giggled. "It's a little weird saying it out loud but it helps me remember why I shouldn't be alone." She smiled at Dylan but in the back of her head she realized she messed up big time by saying that little kid part and all of that. "Really! Your messing it up again Kiera!"

Dylan smiled. "Should I be surprised that she is acting like that?" Dylan put his hands behind his back. "Well, I don't think that is that weird at all." He thought of his sister and how he would feel safe when he is around her, how she would protect her. "Don't laugh but now you are reminding me of my sister. She would always stick up for me and protect me, but now I am protecting somebody else." He was looking at Kiera for a little while and then realized he was and then shook it off. "B-but that is just my view of it!" He had a slightly nervous laugh after he said that. "Shit..."

She blushed a little after hearing that. "Well your sister sounds really nice. I mean, I am not your sister so I am guessing your protecting me." She nudged him lightly and giggled. "My night in shining armor! So I am guessing we might as well get back into the party if your going to protect me." She sent a party invite and sat down. "You think other's will join us, I sure hope so or else we might struggle if left alone. Not saying we are hopeless but if one of us get's low on health then it might be game over."

She made it to the area where the players gathered as Larry and Casey was behind her. Blue and Dove looked around cautious standing a bit in front of her just in case. She looked around cautiously as well seeing the boy that was very rude to her so she ignored him for now. She looked to her two teammates and smirked a bit. "You two scared?" she teased before chuckling messing with them. "-I want to at least make them confident about the battle instead of thinking of death with this game-" she thought before gently smiling.-

He saw the girl in the mask walk up to them. "Being scared is the least of my worries. If I am scared then I am weak, so that aside, we have each other to protect us." He accepted the party invite and walked over to the side of the girl. "That mask is scary. No need to take it off but I think it suits you." He pet the wolf and smiled. "Sorry for being rude so long ago. If I can make it up to you, I will make sure I last longer so I can save you if your down." He smirked and put out a firm hand for a shake. "So how about it? You up for a little back-up?"

Something about that scene made Kiera a little angry. "Am I, jealous? No! Well, maybe? I mean, I can play a little game if that's what I am in for. Let's see how this goes." She looked at Dylan and smiled. "I don't know what you mean but if you are talking about teaming up with her I am fine with that too." She lost a chance to say something to the girl. Then it clicked. "I mean I know your a solo player but I guess a little help goes a long way, don't want to get carried away and slip up. I needed help once before and Dylan here helped me out with that."