• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Sword Art Online: A Game Of Life Or Death RP

Isak had pre-ordered the game and had casually walked to the nearest video-game store to finish the purchase. When that was done, he went back home and went straight into his room. He put on the NerveGear and put the game where it belongs. The Gear start up and he falls into a coma-like sleep upon entering the game. The registration is completed quickly and soon he's inside the world of Sword Art Online. He had made his avatar very much alike himself because he couldn't figure out how else he wanted it. Well anyway, he began to walk around the town where he had spawned. It didn't seem like too many people had gotten online just yet so he decided to just relax for a minute or two at the starting ground which he quickly returned to

It was finally out.
November 6th, 2022.
Valerie rolled out of her bed, grogginess weighing her down. A gaping yawn emerged from her mouth, her eyes watering as she stretched out her arms. The girl scrunched up her nose, momentarily forgetting about what she’d been waiting for, until it finally came to her, and she scrambled to her desk, frantically booting up her computer, not even out of her pajamas. Her NerveGear sat on the side of her desk, meekly awaiting it’s use, a tiny green light flaring on its side.
~~
The world loaded in, Valerie with it. Her eyes fluttered open, widening at the sight, her hand finding itself over her mouth to hide her smile.
Aincrad truly was beautiful.
She was in a market of sorts, meager brick buildings lining the road, carts and shops everywhere.
She looked down to studied herself, rolling her cloak between her fingers, astonished at the feeling of it. That she felt it. A light breeze laced the air, the smell of grass lingering in the air, quiet chatter of people meeting her ears. She looked around for a moment, taking a breath, watching people load in, their reactions ecstatic. She noticed a boy about her age, maybe a year or two older, who was way over her height. He seemed to be relaxing; whereas Valerie was not. She wanted to get her items and go, to progress through the ranks and be an ultimate swordman.
Er- swordswoman.
She paid him no further attention, looking past him, up towards the town, where a path led to a grassy meadow.
Welcome to SAO Floor One: The Town of Beginnings.

Dylan loaded into the game and as he looked around at everyone else loading in he was in shock. "Wow, so this is Aincrad. It really is great." He tightened his headband and started to run around town looking for different things. He decided to leave town and save his money for something else later on. He ran outside the town and he equipped his sword and shield ready to fight monsters.

Myra went to go and get the game from the game store, while getting the game set for it as well too a bit longer “what a bore, this took to long to get here” she went back to her house and hooked up the system and put on her Nerve Gear and went into the game of Sword Art Online.
~~
Myra had customized herself to mostly what she looked like around Aincrad, she looked around all the shops and everything. She saw she needed her gear and items, this wasn’t the only thing she felt she needed it felt weird about how this world felt.....real in someway. She kinda liked it “hmmmm, this is really a amazing world” she said looking around the world, mostly looking for a shop of somekind.

She had just brought the game Sword Art Online just recently as she made her way home to play it. Her brother Shadow was away for a while as she made her way to her room. She closed the door and locked it before playing the game in the console then placed her Nervegear on and laid on her bed before starting the game up.

She registered herself and customized herself with the game avatars giving avatar brown hair and blue eyes as she was able to put a bang on her right eye along with the glasses. Once she finished with that she was in SAO and choose her first weapon being a Katana. She looked at her surroundings in the game as it looked normal. "-hm interesting I think I will enjoy this-" she thought smiling.-

Isak noticed all players running around and he wondered why. Then he remembered, he hadn't equipped his weapon yet! He hurried over to a shop and equipped his weapon. It was a short sword that was in perfect weight for him. It was red in the middle and gradually changed to black around the edges. When he had equipped his sword he proceeded to get food and other items. He did this in a calm pace and didn't stress too much. He thought it was unnecessary even if it was inside a game. It would just overheat the brain if you stressed too much

He left into the meadow with nothing but his weapons. "I really feel like I should have bought some Healing Crystals... If I am in trouble then I might be in more than a little bit of trouble." He kept himself hyper aware of his surroundings not wanting to take risks fighting anything more than a boar. "Alright, I am close to half way health so I am going to head back before I get too low." He starts to head back to the town.

She went to the shop as she looked around before finding a hooded cape and wolf mask which was perfect for her. She bought before putting it away in her item bag but also a pair of ninja like clothing she found as she also bought this and put it away. She already had stacked on healing items along with food so she was prepared for anything.

She made her way out seeing alot of the players at the weaponary but luckily she already grabbed her weapons before it got packed like that. She chuckled before making her way in the other direction to be as distant as possible but placed her wolf mask on as she felt comfortable this way.-

(Alright, we need to start interacting with each other now)

Isak went inside another small shop to get himself his armor. He equipped it and put it on. It wasn't a very strong armor but it should do for now. Then he went back to the spawn point. He planned on playing alone but it was always good to have a friend or so in case he needed it. He also planned on joining a guild but wasn't gonna take it too seriously. He was only going to join it so that he always would have someone to go to boss battles with. Bosses were too powerful to take on alone so even if you played alone, it would always be good to have someone by your side when fighting a boss. He scouted the area for people who he could ask to start a guild with

After equipping herself with some things, including bread and even a Mirage Sphere Map, however with her minimal coin default, she couldn’t immediately afford armor or anything. Her fatigue had gone down from idling, so she took a piece of bread from her inventory and ripped off a piece, putting it in her mouth.
It was bland.
Valerie’s sharp gaze fell back, unfortunately, on the boy she’d made a note of earlier. He seemed to be scouring the area for something, and a mischievous look glinted in her eyes. Feeling bold, she crossed over to him, sitting down beside him and studying him for a moment, her eyes dancing with sarcasm. She popped another piece of bread in her mouth, and when she spoke, her voice was quiet and coy, but not intimidatingly. More so, it was teasing.
“Looking for something?”

Isak looked down on the girl who talked to him. She looked to be pretty young. Some years younger than himself actually. But it was easy to get fooled by these things. She might not even be a girl if you think about it. But that's one of the things that made games like these so fun; no one knew who you are. The girl seemed to be planning something. Her teasing attitude revealed it. But they were in a safe area so he would only have to look out for theft.
"Yeah. I'm looking for people to start a guild with. Although i would only use the guild for boss battles so i don't know how many people actually would join. And what're you gonna do, little girl" he said.

Valerie arched her brow at him, amused at his response. She leaned on her hand away from him, to study him further.
“‘Little girl’? Tsk, please. For all you know, I could be a sixty year old man,” she commented, rolling her eyes with a tiny smile. Although it may have seemed that way, truthfully she wasn’t planning anything- she just wanted to toy with him. “Besides, you may be tall, but you don’t look any older than eighteen. But then again.. I guess you could be a sixty year old man, too.”
With that reply, she blinked, studying the ground for a moment, her brow furrowing. Then she looked back up and threw her hands into the air.
“Welcome to Sword Art Online, home of sixty year old men!”
She grinned at herself, then casting a side look back at the boy. “So. Guild members, huh?”

Last edited:
Myra started walking to the fields when she spotted to people, she than opened her stats and saw she was level 1. She looked back at the two people, one looked older than the other and the little one saying something about being Sixty years old and she walked over to them “your disgusting if your a Sixty year old man on here” she said in disgust, she was disappointed with that little one beside the older player.

She walked into the armor shop as she was looking for something to protect her wrists and ankles at least since she was swift on her feet it had to be light. She heard a conversation nearby but decided to avoid it as she always has been distant to others. She named herself the MaskedFighter or Mask for short as her name so she won't reveal her name as her settings to the character was like that as well. She came to an area with wrist and ankle armor as she grabbed one in black as she examed it through her wolf mask as she placed her hooded cape on as well to hide her appearance.

Ruby sat at her computer, unpacking her her most recent purchase. She set the NerveGear on her desk and began hooking up the different wires. It was a couple of minutes before the device was up and running. Once ready, Ruby put her NerveGear on and the game started up. She was brought to a character creating screen and began customizing her avatar. It took her about ten minutes to be fully satisfied with her avatar and clicked Start. The character creation screen was replaced with darkness before the world of Aincrad started loading around her. The finally byte loaded and Ruby looked around, quite impressed with the virtual reality. The town she was currently in seemed so real to her. The sounds, the buildings and the smell made the town look like it was copied from the real world. There were quite a lot of people rushing around her and she figured she was at the loading area where new people would load into Sword Art Online for the first time.

Ruby began walking around town and noticed that some people already had weapons equipped, either on their back, waist, or in their hands. She figured that she'd better find a blacksmith soon so she could get her hands on a weapon. Opening her player menu, she checked her inventory to find she had no items and a very hundred currency. Hopefully it would be enough to buy a weapon and some armor. So began her trek through town looking for a blacksmith. Some of the shops she stopped at seemed to only cater to those with high enough level or willing to spend real world money. Eventually she found a beginners shop and looked through the different weapons available to her. One weapon that caught her eye was a battle axe. It was quite simple: wooden handle and an iron head. It was cheap enough to leave her with some money left over for some clothing or armor. She purchased the weapon and left it in her inventory until she was ready to equip it. Luckily for her, there was an armory next door. However, the weapon had set her back some, enough for her not to afford any actual armor. There was a black hooded robe that she could afford along with some restorative items.

Donning her new purchases, Ruby headed out of the town to experience the fighting mechanics of the game.

Dylan saw a Boar and it was the only one nearby. That Boar was near a Wolf that he wanted to avoid. He started making clicking noises to attract the boar. To his surprize, only the Boar went towards the clicking and Dylan defeated the Boar. As it shattered into dust, the Wolf heard the shattering and ran towards Dylan. "Alright, I've got to do this!" He got his shield ready.

"You're right about that. People in this game can't be trusted unless you actually know them in real life. But i'm still calling you 'little girl' until i have anything else to call you" Isak said and grinned. Maybe the girl would like to join the guild? He didn't mind who joined as he wasn't gonna be around it much anyway so she would do fine. On top of that, he found her amusing so those few times he would be with the guild would be fun. Then he noticed the other girl.
"Well, i think you're disgusting if you don't understand human feelings. Maybe she is a sixty year old man. Maybe she does find the game amusing and want to play it. I do think the choice of gender and the age is funny if she really is a sixty year old man, but who am i to judge" he said and laughed.

The girl scoffed at his comment, and his seemingly undying stubbornness for her new nickname. Valerie looked up as another player- another girl- approached them, commenting something about Valerie being disgusting. Taking an immediate disliking to this one, Valerie scrunched up her nose in the girl’s direction.
It was a joke.
Valerie raised her brow at the girl, glaring at her through her lashes, before barking a quick laugh, clasping a hand over her mouth to smother her laughter.
“Well aren’t you closeminded. I-“
But, it seemed, she was cut off by the boy springing to her defense, totally shutting the girl down. She had to bite back another laugh, her gaze flickering to the girl for her reaction. She leaned towards the girl a tiny bit, a little smirk tugging at the corner of her lips.
“Oh, and- by the way, sweetheart- just between you and me- it was a joke.” She added with a wink, stifling a chuckle.

She bought the arm and wrist armor as she put it away in her item menu. She glanced to the group who was talking to each other about elderly men which disgusted her. She huffed as she made her way out of the armor store avoiding the group altogether. She thought of maybe fighting some monsters as she made her way to fields to train up.-

"Little girl, how about we call this one 'seventy year old pervert'?" Isak said and grinned. He had no respect for those who disrespected other people. They didn't deserve his respect. Maybe the little girl really was a sixty year old man. Even if she was, she deserved the same respect as everyone else. Unless she did something wrong that is. But she hasn't as far as he knew so she was okay according to him. Actually, she was even more than okay. She was funny so he enjoyed her company

The Wolf charged at Dylan knocking him over. The shield was keeping the wolf at bay away from his weak points. He used most of his strength to push off the wolf away from him and then regain his balance while standing up. As the Wolf was regaining it's balance, Dylan tried to run away but was not going to out speed it for much longer. He turned around to get tackled by the wolf as it bit down on his arm that had the Sword. "Ahhh!"

She heard a scream nearby as she made her way to it. She saw a played being attacked by a wolf as she quickly kicked it off him as she wasn't heartless before facing the wolf as it growled at her before leaping at her. She avoided the wolf's attack and grabbed its leg before slamming it down pinning but not hurting it. "Down!" She commanded as it suddenly obeyed as it calmed down and once it did she let go standing up as did the wolf as it gently licked her hand before she motioned it to go. She made her way to the player that was hurt as she took out a hand to help him up. "Are you alright?" She asked.

He looked up at the masked player and took their hand. "No, it got me good, right on my arm." He looked at the bite mark on his arm as he could feel the pain. "Thank you for saving me, at that point I couldn't use my sword unless if I used my right hand, but the shield held out." He held himself up on a rock and put away his weapons.

Valerie scoffed, rolling her eyes.
“You don’t have to call me ‘little girl’, it sounds like some weird pet name. It’s Vee,” she offered, rolling her eyes. At his suggested nickname for the newcomer, she shook her head and laughed, eyes glittering with amusement. She opened her mouth to say something when she heard a loud shout, and she stood up, looking back at the guy she’d been sitting with, her eyes an invitation to follow as she made her way to the source of the sound.
It seemed a girl that had passed them with an air of disgust earlier had already assisted him. Still, she stood there, eyes flickering with concern, an emotion the people of Aincrad hadn’t seen in her yet.
Opening her inventory, she fished out a Healing Crystal and tossed it to the injured stranger.
“Here.”

She looked to him then at the Healing Crystal the girl gave him. "You will be fine with that healing crystal but your welcome just be careful when you battle those things but for now I must take my leave but you never saw me" she warned before leaving the two to a different area to go train.

Casey just went into his small apartment after buying the newest game named Sword Art Online. This game was exploding in popularity on the media, and he was very excited about it as well. He'd been a fan of RPG's for as long as he could remember. He gotten lucky, there was only 6 copies of the game before he was next in line, he counted every last one of 'em. He slammed the door to his bedroom open, and put the case onto his bed. Opening the container revealed the disc that would bring joys to him for many years, he presumed. "Finally, Sword Art Online! All the beta testers said this game was a masterpiece!" He slid the CD into the Nervegear, and strapped it on his face. He put his head into the cotton pillow, and said a familiar phrase that many others had done today. "Link start!" He yelled, and bright lights covered his line of sight. After a few seconds, his felt like he was in a dream. A large marketplace stood in front of him.

His appearance swayed from what he looked like in real life, he had long green hair, and he seemed much taller. "Heh, I feel like I'm on top of a skyscraper!" He moved his arms, and looked around. So this is the power of modern technology, huh? Casey thought, and performed a hand motion which opened the menu. "It has changed from when I last saw it on the internet, they must have added some other new things!" He messed around with the UI, figuring out that he had no equipment or anything. Though, he had a small sum of gold. Casey was immediately intrigued, and galloped to the nearby stands. "A sword, axe, spear, hammer! Now that's what I want!" He pointed towards the weapon, and gently pressed the button on the menu, subtracting some gold from his balance. He went to equip the hammer, and a great weight was put on his back. "It worked, it seems," he smiled, "I still have some more gold, so I should go spend it!" He ran around the hub, purchasing many different items. He was able to buy a couple of health potions, as well as a white cape that was under his hammer. It was the cheapest thing that's considered armor, anyway.

He ran to the nearest zone, a large grass field. There, he saw two others not far from the marketplace. He decided to approach them, so that he wouldn't be stuck alone. He was a hoarder, so he would want to preserve his potions.

He used the healing crystal to restore his health and then looked at the new person. "Thank you. I was an idiot and didn't buy any of them before I left, thought I could play it safe." He looked at her and wondered something. "So why did you come here? Did I yell?" He smiled and examined his shield seeing it was somewhat low on durability.

She made her way to an area where the monsters were as she pulled out her Katana from her shealth. The first one went towards her as it leaped before she sliced it down with her sword instantly. She had leveled up quickly from level 1 to level 10. This level wasn't enough for her but it would do for now. She placed her Katana back in her shealth as she earned a lot of money from those monsters so decided to head to the weaponry store to purchase more weapons.-

Isak followed Vee to the other two people. He hadn't planned on it but he was a bit curious on who had screamed.
"Yup. You yelled quite loud. You should stock up on some of those medical crystals before you do anything else. By the way Vee, i wanted to ask you earlier. Wanna join that guild i was talking about? You're also welcome, scream guy" He said. As they were outside the safe zone now, he was ready to fight whoever and whatever was necessary. He had one hand resting on his sword that he kept at his waist.

Vee chuckled quietly, nodding.
“Yeah, you did yell. Just a bit,” she confirmed. She blinked curiously at the boy’s request, a bit astonished that he’d invited her.
“Awh, c’mon, I don’t evem have anything to call you! But.. I guess- since I’m such a little girl, I could call you Oldielocks. Pedo. Senpai.” She broke into helpless laughter at the idea of calling this stranger that, doubling over in an attempt to withhold her chuckles. “I’mma call you Senior. Sen for short. I usually only ever do things solo.. but I accept.” She grinned, lightly pressing accept on my party invitation. She directed her gaze to Dylan. “And I’m gonna call you Shout.”
She, too, had taken notice of the fact that they were out in the open, her hand lightly resting warily on the handle of her rapier, proving that she was more intelligent than she let other people see.

She made her way to the weaponry shop as she looked around closely then saw a Bow and Arrow and a Sickle and chain. She took interest quickly as she grabbed both of them as she looked at the pricing then her amount of money. She had enough as she bought both of her weapons as she placed the bow and arrow on her back with the extra arrows and her sickle just on the side where her Katana was. She left the store after as she decided to log off for now but when she opened the menu the log out button was not there. "-What!? where is it!?-" she said in thought as she became irritated. This really concerned her as she thought this was some kind of glitch as she decided to tell the players she saw earlier as she was not heartless. She made her way back to the location she had helped that male player seeing that two more players appeared with him. She motioned her hand to her katana just in case monsters came out of nowhere. "Excuse me players but there is something I must tell you as this concerns me but it maybe a glitch" she spoke up clearly for them to hear her.

Casey quickly looked behind, seeing the woman who was near the others before. "What!?" In shock, he quickly opened the menu. She was right; it wasn't there. "Oh, it might be in the options, that's why." Though, the buttons in the options were limited, and there wasn't a log-out option at all. Concerned, Casey ran to the mysterious girl. "Uh, then what do we do?"

Myra just shook her head and laughed “you guys take things way too seriously, can’t you tell a joke when you hear one” she said almost knocking her hood off, which would reveal her face. She composed herself and She went out of the town safe zone, spotting a few boars and wolfs. She charged at one, taking its exp and money and went after a few wolfs, who put up much more of a fight than she expected and when it was over she looked at her hp, which was almost at zero “that’s bad, I forgot to get any healing items” she said making sure she wasn’t going to get attack and killed, while keeping a eye out for the town.

"Alright. Then i'll just call you 'little' for short. And i'm also gonna call you 'shout'. If you want anything else to call me, then i chose 'Demon' to be my in game name. But i don't think you'll use that, Little" Isak said with a smile. Then he noticed the new girl coming.
"What? No log out button?" He said and opened the menu. "I don't have it either. Must be some sort of glitch. They'll fix it eventually. But for now we can just enjoy the game". He was very carefree about this problem as he didn't really want to log out at the moment. He sent Vee a friend request as he found her amusing.
"You seem like a fun girl so a friend request doesn't hurt, little" he said

Ruby saw several players out in the fields battling hostile spawns, presumedly farming for experience, money, and loot. She decided to do the same before venturing out on any quests. She spotted a lone boar minding its own business. As she approached the beast, Ruby accessed her menu and equipped her battle axe, which appeared in her hands. The boar seemed to sense her hostile attentions and turned towards Ruby. The beast let out a bellow before charging at her. She readied her axe waiting for the boar to get closer. Just at it reached striking distance of Ruby, she swung her axe upwards, cutting off one of the boar’s tusks. It continued running pass her and looped around for another charge. This time when the boar came within range, Ruby swung her axe down on its head. The boar collapsed to the ground and slide before coming to a stop and disintegrating. Ruby watched her player menu as she gained experience and other nice prizes.

She looked to the group as she second thought this. "If it was a glitch wouldn't we have been kicked out of the game by now just to fix it" she said to see if he would think it more thoroughly. Suddenly, though she was teleported to a different area where all of the players gathered. She looked around to see what was going on as this made her alert. She then looked up as a figure in a black hood appeared just above as he started giving an announcement that she was not going to like at all.

Casey looked back at Isak, and sighed of relief. "Alright, I'll just go and fight some monsters as they fix it." He was still internally afraid, but he doesn't want to show it to real life people. He decided to go further into the field, so he grabbed the hammer from his back. It wasn't as heavy as he anticipated. A wolf noticed him, and immediately charged at him. Casey's reflexes kicked in, and he blocked it with his hammer. As they struggled, Casey kicked the dire wolf up, allowing him to escape. "I'm just gettin' started, you cute beast." He lifted his hammer, and threw it down with all of his might, destroying the wolf entirely into digital pieces. "Well, that was surprisingly satisfying! I can have fun fighting these while the developers fix that."

Casey opened the menu, and he obtained some experience and gold from the battle. He decided to continue battling the wolves, and defeated many of them. As he went further into the fields, the enemies were tougher. One wolf completely overwhelmed him, so he had to escape. At this point, he leveled up a few times. He ran over to fight more monsters, though he was teleported back to the hub. The sky was red, and a giant man with a cloak overlooked the lands. Would he finally address the glitch? Casey thought, hoping that everything would be right. Though, he didn't feel like that would happen.

“‘Little’? Pfft.” She rolled her eyes, lightly pressing accept.
She looked up at the frantic girl, swiping her hand through the air and opening the menu, and, lo and behold, where the exit button was supposed to be, was nothing.
“Damn it.. I hope they fix it soon,” she mumbled, casting a look at the clock. “It’s already 1:00, and I have something to do in an-“
She was cut off as she was teleported somewhere, looking around immediately with confusion dancing in her gaze.
A huge figure loomed overhead, a black cloak billowing ominously in a nonexistent breeze.
“What the hell..? Sen? Shout?”
She got on her toes to survey the crowd but found them nowhere.

Isak was teleported just a second after Little was.
"Huh? What the...? What's happening? Hey, Little! Shout! Are you here!?" He said. He looked around over all the other players. This was probably when they would adress their glitch and that it's either fixed or fixed soon. Most of the people around here wasn't as tall as him so he could look over most people. He still stood up on his toes to see. He noticed Little but he couldn't see Shout so he started by going over to her first.
"Excuse me. Sorry. Ouch. Sorry! Oops!" He said as he accidentally stepped on some people's foots on his way over to Little. He almost bumped into her but managed to dodge.
"Wow. Hey, Little. What's going on?" He said.