• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Shipwrecked on Staryu Sands!

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Pacen, please, eat another berry if you can - and come by the fire to dry off!" Drampa spoke out of concern for the wet and exhausted pokemon. "Retrieving this communicator would not be be worth it were at the expense of your life!"

--

Cole was nodding off, day dreaming about his childhood back in Alola, when a sudden spurt of movement caught his attention. The Croagunk, who had been playing with Cole's bag non-stop for the past few hours, seemed to have decided that the object was worth keeping, and had bolted out the door of the shelter with the bag in hand!
"H-HEY! You can't take that! W-wait, come back!" Cole sprung to his feet and sprinted after the pokemon, recklessly following it down the treacherous mountainside into the forest below.

Last edited:
There was no response towards the Drampa, as Pacen continued to lie on the bitter cold floor. It was apparent that the panda Pokémon struggled to easily move on his own within a couple of minutes. A couple of slow squirms and crawls were made towards the fire, as another heavy sneeze was given.

"Every... thing... go... ing... so... da... rk... talk... rad... io... n- now," Pacen murmured, before his movements ceased soon after.

"H... ey! Dan... cey! Res... po... nd! D... an... ce... y! Re... sp... ond... n... ow!" The voice screeched through the radio, as another wave of static charged past the speaker! The red light from the short antenna continued to flash in the room.

((OOC: Ashton has been waiting out the storm in a shelter for the past while))
Thunderstruck, and Ashton got panicked once again. He was waiting in the shelter that he and Poli had built together. As of right now he was just trying to sleep, and it was going okay, he was just waiting to see what happened. After the storm cleared up, Ashton was either going to go look for Moon, or go look for everyone else (at least Cole or Corey). Until then, he nestled back up with Poli, and laid his head on his backpack attempting to go back to sleep.

Alister let loose a sharp whistle and Growlithe bolted out after Cole and the thief Pokémon.
Alister has suspected that something like this would happen once he saw the amount of interest the Pokémon showed in the bag and the many items there in.
Alister grabbed his own bag and chased after the his friends and the thief.
He called out, “I’m right behind you Cole!”

(yeesh I hope its not too late to join in?)
Name: Austen
Physical Appearance: Austen is 5'3 with blond hair that falls in loose ringlets to her shoulders. She has wide, dark blue eyes. She has a small frame and wears a dark brown knitted hat, a baggy dark green sweatshirt, dark brown jeans, and black combat boots. She is fairly pretty. She Is pale and her cheeks are usually flushed and her nose is usually red like she has a cold.
Personality: Austen is very clumsy and extremely shy. Once she get to know someone she Is instantly attached to them. She is not good at conversations but loves helping people out when its needed.
Pokémon Team: Dewott

Austen sat glumly, watching the rain fall noisily to the ground. She had been all alone when she had woken up from the crash.. She knew she had been out for a while, considering the injury she had on her head. She couldn't remember much. In fact, she didn't even know where they were. She watched her Dewott splashing happily in the rain, unaware of just how dire their situation was. She was not cut out to be stranded alone on an island. She didn't know the first thing about survival, so she made due with sitting under some thick trees. She remembered something about getting a better chance at being struck by lightning under trees? She wasnt entirely sure, but she knew she wanted to be as dry as possible. Suddenly there was a Crash Crash sound coming through the trees, towards her and Dewott. Austen leapt up, her heart pounding. Dewott quickly became on his guard, his face eerily turning from happy and playful to stern and composed. All of a sudden a Croagunk came charging through the trees with a bag in hand. Austen leapt out of its path as Dewott lunged for the newcomer.

Water soaked Alister as he sprinted after Cole and Growlithe. The mud sticking to his shoes caused his legs to burn from the extra weight. He pushed through the underbrush and his bag snagged on a broken branch and he fell sprawling to the ground. He slid in the mud about four feet until finally stopping before a Pokémon and a girl. A pretty girl. Alister shook the thought away. He looked at the girl and his green eyes met her blue eyes, panting he said between breaths, “I don’t know you but...,” he took a quick breath, “it’s not safe out here.” He pointed back behind him, “You see that orange light there on the top of that peak? Go there and you’ll be safe.” He smiled, “I gotta help my friend really quick but I’ll be back to check on you.”

"Ah!" Austen's breath caught in her throat at the sight of the Croagunk, two boys and a Growlithe charging deeper into the forest. There were others?! The Croagunk had dodged Dewott's attack and he had fallen face first into the mud. As he stood grumpily, desperately trying to get the mess off of his face, one of the boys had tripped and fallen near Austen's feet. When he gazed up at her, she blushed and self consciously brushed her fingers through her hair. But his words made her shyness melt away when she heard there was a safe ground up on the mountain. She needed to get there fast she realized, and she felt a small bubble of determination inside her. Looking back at the boy, she held her hand out to help him up, giving him a small nod of thanks. She could see he needed to get going.

Pacen's condition appeared to be worsening, but Drampa heeded the pokemon's words and turned his attention to the communicator for a moment.
"H-hello? Can anybody hear me? A ship from the Johto Cruse Line has crashed - we are in need of rescue! H-HELLO?" Drampa didn't know how to operate the device, so his words didn't get through. Even if they did, it's not like the humans on the other end would be able to understand him...

"Pacen, I'm afraid that you are the only one who knows how to operate this..." he said. But he was unsure if Pacen even heard him as the pokemon appeared to be sliding into unconsciousness...

--

Cole was racing through the forest, batting away any foliage in his path. The Croagunk was maintaining a steady lead over him, proving itself to be quite a nimble adversary. And some point as he was running he noticed an unfamiliar figure, and Alister falling behind, but Cole stayed focused on the chase. They had ran far enough now that they were nearing the lake, and Cole thought he saw a small shelter in the distance...
'Wait a minute, was that Poli he saw?' he thought to himself.
"ASHTON! If you're in in there, use a water gun or something on the Croagunk coming your way! It stole my bag!"

“He... llo? W- who... is... th... this? A... re... y... ou... wi... th... tha... t... li... ttle... ba... by? Can... you... re... ad... m... e? I... wi... ll... noti... fy... the... tra... in... er... of... thi... s,” The feminine voice swiftly replied to the unfamiliar tone, as several faint footsteps came about in the static background.

Pacen’s lifeless body lied on the floor, as there was no sign of any movement at all. The panda Pokémon loosely held the bamboo stick in his cold, left hand. The beanie hung from the edge of his head, while the fire did not seem to help as much as a result of being in a somewhat far distance from the warmth.

BoredSnowglobe

Previously OtisRolePlays
Nia looked down at Pacen in horror. “No, no, no, no, no.... is he still alive?” She shook her head, there was a chance he could still be alive. She grabbed onto Pacen. Nia couldn’t lose someone already, so she tugged him with all her might, and they came a bit closer to the fire. Tugging again and again, she brought him much closer to the fire. “Please wake up.... “ Nia sat down next to him, waiting.

Aurora was stuck in the middle of nowhere. No Pokemon or human in sight. The mountain just barely visible through the leaves of the densely packed trees. Suddenly, the trees began to move. Aurora was temporarily in shock. Not even scared of what she was seeing, just completely dumbfounded: "why... are these trees walking..." she thought to herself. After half a minute of thought she decided the follow the trees. After all, they provided her with some sort of shelter against the rain - enough to keep her dry at least. However, she called her Froslass out. "Froslass," the Pokemon called. The expression of the Froslass was different from Aurora's though. It looked ready for combat. "You are not going to fight trees are you?" Aurora laughed. Then it Struck her: "these aren't trees... I got stuck in a herd of TROPIUS!" Aurora exclaimed.

These Tropius were not a threat clearly, otherwise Froslass would have acted already. But her instincts as a trainer were crawling up on Aurora "I will catch one of you..." Aurora thought. Grabbing a Pokeball from her bag and preparing Froslass for battle. She did want to wait out though where these Tropius were going. So she quietly followed with her guard up.

Austen watched the boy run after his friend after she had helped him up. She smiled, and even started to giggle a little. There were others on this island... she wasn't alone!! Picking up Dewott, she hugged him tightly, causing him to let out a small growl. "Sorry..." She said sheepishly, putting him down. He continued to wipe at his face even though the rain had washed most of it away. "So the boy told us to go where that orange light is..." She glanced up, realizing it wasn't going to be an easy journey. But her determination still held, and she began her journey up the mountain. Austen had never climbed a mountain before, and the weather wasn't helping her condition. The rain made her curly hair stick to her face, so she constantly had to move it out of her way. Dewott, on the other hand, was just lazy. He didn't mind the rain, but the climbing part was extremely hard, and only a few minutes in Austen found herself having to carry Dewott on her back, which made the treck even more tiring.

Ashton darted up, and when he heard the sound of Cole's voice and he he said. He heard the rustling of leaves and a CROG-NOOOAAAUUUKK!!! Poli jumped up ready to go, when the Crognauk was close Ashton commanded Poli, "Poliwhirl, use ICE BEAM!" A stream of ice shot out of the center of Poli's torso, and once it hit the Crognauk, it froze solid. The expression on it's face was wide with confusion. Fortunately, the suprise of Poliwhirl's attack made him drop Cole's backpack. Ashton ran over and picked up the backpack, waiting for the rest of the group to arrive.
"Hey! Guys I got the backpack! Come over here!" He yelled.

Cole rushed over to where Ashton stood with his bag, and the Croagunk lay frozen.
"Nice one, Ashton!" he exclaimed as Ashton handed him his bag. "I was starting to worry that I wasn't going to get this back..."
Cole turned to the Croagunk that lay frozen on the ground - he still didn't have a pokemon, so he might as well take advantage of the situation... Cole took a pokeball out of his bag and lobbed it at the pokemon. Due to the pokemon being frozen (and exhausted from being chased) it was an easy catch.
"Alright! I finally have a pokemon to defend myself with" he said, relived. He threw the pokeball down and sent out the newly-caught pokemon. The recently-dethawed Croagunk appeared in a flash of light, looking around in confusion.
"You caused me a lot of trouble back there..." Cole said to the pokemon. "But I admire your tenacity. Anyway, looks like we'll be partners from now on: so as long as you help me out you can play with the stuff in my bag as much as you want - deal?"
"Croagunk!" the pokemon responded enthusiastically.

Cole shifted his attention to Ashton once again.
"Hey man, it's been awhile! Do you have any idea where Corey and the others are? It looks like something strange has happened to the lake, I noticed from on top of the mountain... I hope everyone's okay!"

--

Drampa watched solemnly as Nia dragged Pacen closer to the fire. He placed the uneaten Sitrus berry next to the unconscious Pancham in case he woke up, and made sure to keep the fire sufficiently alight. But aside from that, he didn't know what else he could do, and so he anxiously bided his time waiting for the pokemon to wake up.

Last edited:
Ashton smiled joyfully but the look in his eyes said otherwise, "Corey went with that one guy's Charizard to his base (I'm pretty sure the Trainer's name was John). Aurora is MIA at the moment, I'm sure she's fine right now." A pause, "He-Hey... I need to tell you someone and please don't hate me for it. I-I had an Alolan Vulpix (which I nicknamed Moon later on) that I got for my tenth birthday when it was still an egg. But when the ship crashed, her Pokeball must've fallen off my belt when I slammed into the water." Tears started flowing out of his eyes, and he fell to his knees. "I still haven't g-go-gone to look for her yet, I planned on doing it b-but I-I-I......"

Cole empathized with Ashton's feelings. He was starting to get quite worried about Drampa, himself...
"Say no more, Ashton; we'll go looking for her right away" Cole tried to reassure him.
"Besides, Drampa still hasn't come back yet... And now that I have a pokemon to use in battle, I think it's about time I start looking for him. Let's go looking together! We'll search for Moon first - where do you think we should look?"

Ashton wiped his face and stood up, his smile depleted a bit but it was still a grin. "Okay, so when I gained consciousness I was on the beach about," He pointed about Southwest of their current location. "There, so maybe Moon would be more West, so maybe there?" His eyes shown immense hope and love (for his Pokemon). Ashton then remembered his Poliwhirl was still out of it's Pokeball. "Poli come back!" He ordered. "Alright Cole, you ready?" He asked joyously.

Seth's body slightly wiggled while still in his deep slumber. He resisted the urge to emit a large wail out of the top of his lungs in front of the other Pokémon. The Squirtle continued to give out a quiet series of snores, as the various cells in his body were already at work on a slow stage of better recovery.
----------------------------------------------------
Pacen's stiff, soaked body started to become slightly warmer a brief moment later. The Pancham still had a foot in the grave, as there was no noticeable signs of movement.

A sudden series of quiet beeps came from the radio. A bright, red light followed soon after, as the static and chatter ceased a split second later. The screen had the symbol of a white storage cell with a red X over the entire small compartment. The symbol started to repeatedly blink on the small display.

Alister walked out from between the trees and saw that Cole was talking to another person and had his bag again. He nodded, glad Cole had gotten his bag back, and turned to walk back to his camp.
“Sorry I couldn’t be of any help. If you need me, you know where to find me.”
He snapped his fingers and Growlithe took off into the woods ahead of him.
As he departed he smiled, happy that he wasn’t alone anymore, happy that someone knew he was there.

"No, you've been a great help - thanks for everything, Alister. I'm sure this isn't the last time we'll be seeing each other, so until next time!" Cole waved as his friend departed.

"Alright, Ashton, I'm ready to go - lead the way!"

--

A sinking feeling washed over Drampa as the sound of the radio ceased, and the device began to power down. It was their only connection to civilization, and now it was broken...

“Geez, how did they make it all the to the top without dying?” Austen groaned. Her hands were extremely scratched up from tripping on multiple occasions, and she was exhausted. Dewott had taken to walking on his own again after a stern lecture halfway through their trip. “I think we should take a break here Dewott. Just for now. We cant stay here long and- huh?” A faint scraping sound caught Austen’s and Dewotts attention. A large boulder stood a few feet away from them, and a curious scratching noise was coming from behind it. Dewott became on gaurd again, his sharp teeth showing. He made his way slowly towards the rock. Austen’s heart pounded. What could it be? A murderer?! Maybe a dangerous pokemon? She stayed back, knowing Dewott could hold his ground. Then a small head poked out from behind the boulder. Was that...a Teddiursa?! It came out slowly, its curious eyes darting between the approaching Dewott and Austen. “Dewott wait!” He stopped short, looking back at his trainer. “The least we can do now it try to make another friend right? Although i dont have any pokeballs on me.. i think i lost my bag in the crash.” Holding out her hand, she waited patiently for the small bear pokemon to come closer.

Ashton started off, Cole trailing behind him, "Pray to Arceus we can find Moon; I feel like we should be looking for Drampa. I've been selfish enough..." He trailed off. They contiued until reaching the beach itself. Further westward, was a deep and dangerous looking cave. Ashton started sprinting over, not looking to see if Cole was following. That's when he tripped and fell over something, "Ah! Ouch..." He got up, his hands scratched and his knees skinned to a minor degree. When he looked to see what he tripped over he found a Cherish Ball.
"C-Cole, this is the same Cherish Ball that I kept Moon in!" Hope filled his voice, his smile returning.

Cole ran to catch up with Ashton.
"Awesome, you found it! Is she still inside? Why not send her out - she's probably been in cramped in that ball for a while now."
Cole glanced at the cave wearily out of the corner of his eye... Something told him that they shouldn't linger here long...

Corey was getting restless in John's shelter.
"We have to go find the others," he sighed. "We weren't supposed to be separated."
He clipped his Pokéballs onto his backpack.
"I'm going out to look for them," he announced.
By now, the rain had eased off. It was very dark outside and strangely quiet. He couldn't hear as many Pokémon calls as before.
He pushed his way through the undergrowth, thick vines and bushes blocking his path.
The vegetation eventually thinned out and Corey found himself in some sort of clearing.
Then he heard voices. He recognised them. He ran towards them.
"Ashton!" he shouted. "Cole!"
He was so relieved to have found some of the others again, but now it was important to find everyone else. There might even be more survivors on the island. They had to stick together or it could be dangerous, and there was less chance of getting rescued.

John followed Corey through the forest and ran after Corey to see why he was running and then saw the other survivors. John was relieved that he wasn’t the only one on this island, “Hey there everyone,” said John with Charizard standing beside him, “I am so glad that I am not the only survivor on this island,” he said as Charizard roared with happiness. “Don’t worry Charizard means no harm but why are you guys all walking in a dangerous forest,” asked John.

BoredSnowglobe

Previously OtisRolePlays
Nia started to feel that Pacen was getting a bit warmer. “Come on, you can’t die now...” Then she heard the radio speaker slowly turn off, it was now dead. “Oh no.... What do we do now?” That was their only way for them to get saved, and now that chance was gone. “Why is the entire world against us!?” She grew furious, the entire universe seemed like it was against them.

The Tediursa stared at Austen’s stretched out hand, stepping a bit closer. “Tedi...??” It sqeaked wearily. Austen smiled. “Its alright. Im not going to hurt you little buddy.” She felt guilty for not being able to give the little pokemon any berries or anything. Not even a proper pokeball to sleep in. She hoped Tediursa wouldnt mind... the small cub finally decided the coast was clear as both Austen and the Dewott made no move to try and hurt it. Resting its small head against the palm of Austen’s hand, both of them knew they just made a new friend. Dewott walked up, closely inspecting the new addition to their little team. “Ah...come on you two, we should probably get going. We’ve rested long enough and we’re almost to the top!” Surprisingly both of them nodded in agreement, so they were off once more to finish their long treck.

Last edited:
Cole heard a familiar voice call out to him and Ashton.
"Corey!? I'm glad we've run into you! It seems like the group got fragmented during the storm... I think we need to reassemble as soon as possible if we're going to keep surviving out here." He saw John and his Charizard emerge from the forest behind Corey.
"We were just looking for one Ashton's pokemon, and we appear to have found it" Cole told him.
"Anyway, do either of you know where the others are? I haven't seen Aurora or Otis or Isaac since I left for the mountain... and I hate to think that any one of us is alone at the moment..."

Pacen slowly opened his eyes, as he took in the sight of the blurry area around him. The Pancham took in a shallow, silent breath, as he felt a surge of weakness in his still, somewhat soaked body. The tiny leaf on his mouth twitched, while the panda Pokémon struggled to make any noticeable signs of movement.

"My god, what is even going on here? I can't even see right already," Pacen thought before he gave off a flimsy cough.

"That's great," Corey smiled warmly, glad that Ashton had been reunited with his Pokémon.
Then his face fell. "I'm not sure where the others are. We all got split up in the storm. Aurora was just with me..." he trailed off with a sigh. "Oh!" he exclaimed, suddenly remembering what he'd found on the beach. "I found a chest buried in the sand with a map and key inside."
He took it out of his backpack and showed it to Cole and Ashton. It showed a labyrinth of passageways, in some kind of underground cave. He held up the key as well. It was large, heavy, and rusted.
"After we get everyone together, we should try and find whatever this map leads to. It could help us escape!" he suggested.

BoredSnowglobe

Previously OtisRolePlays
Nia heard Pacen speak, and all anger from her faded away. “YOU ARE ALIVE!!!” Nia hugged Pacen tightly. “I thought you were going to die!” She was glad that Pacen didn’t meet his end. “Well, you came back, but you almost died. The radio thingy lost all of it’s battery though...”

Austen finally made her way to the very top. She collapsed when she reached her destination, too tired to even look at her surroundings. Dewott and Teddiursa tugged at her soaked sweatshirt, trying to get her up and safe, but even they were exhausted. She hadnt eaten for a few hours and her treck up here consumed even more of her energy. She was shivering badly no thanks to the cold left by the passing storm. “Its ok guys, i just need a few minutes to rest. You guys should rest too.. we can get up later...” Dewott and Teddiursa gave each other a concerned look. “Dew. Dewott!” “Teddi..” Dewott nodded. The small bear pokemon cuddled up to their trainer as Dewott went in search of another person. The safe zone he had heard that other human talking about. It had to be around here somewhere...

“I am sorry but I don’t know where your friends are,” said John, “Anyway I should get back to my shelter now so good luck with finding your friends,” he said as he jumped on Charizard’s back and flew off back towards his shelter. “Hey Charizard do you ever think we are going to get off this island at all,” John asked looking up towards the sky, “Roooarrr (I don’t know Master but I never lose hope),” said Charizard in Pokemon language.

Ashton turned when he heard Cole and Corey talking. He turned and said, "Hey Corey, give me one second if you don't mind?" Ashton turned back towards Moon's Cherish Ball, he was going to press the middle-button to send out his Pokemon partner, but he stopped for a second a reminded himself not to get his hopes up (well not to high). He pressed the button and in a flash of white light, his Pokemon Moon, formed. It leaped into Ashton's arms, they embraced for a while, Ashton brushed his hands against Moon's soft-white fur. Occasionally, petting her six tails. Moon herself actually licked Ashton and nuzzled him.

"Wow! This is incredible!" Cole examined the map that Corey presented to them. "I had a sneaking suspicion that this island was inhabited in the past..." he said as he thought back to the stone carvings he found by the lake. "We should definitely look into this as soon as we find the others. Oh, but I still need to go looking for Drampa as well..."
Cole pointed in the direction that the dragon pokemon had fallen during the storm. "Why don't we head over that way in the meantime, and maybe we'll run into the others along the way? We can make some noise while we travel so they'll hear us if we pass by" he suggested.

--

"Pacen! You have no idea how relieved I am to see you awake!" exclaimed Drampa. "I have seen few pokemon bounce back from such a close encounter with death - I was starting to lose hope..." With the storm over, and yellow beams of sunlight starting to seep in through the cracks of the ruins, things seemed to be looking up.
'Once Pacen is ready to travel, perhaps Nia and I should start searching for our trainers' he thought to himself.

"Ugh... I... uhh... radio... ugh," Pacen groaned to the Drampa, as the Pancham continued to struggle with his movements. It was apparent that the panda Pokémon could not move much on his own to any wandering eyes. The Pancham continued to loosely hold his bamboo stick, while the items continued to remain on the stone cold floor.

"Please tell me that storm's over... I can't take another day of this really," Pacen thought, before he attempted to adjust his eyes to the real world.

BoredSnowglobe

Previously OtisRolePlays
Nia let go of Pacen, “I think the storm is over.” The storm had lasted almost forever as it seemed to Nia. She quickly picked up a berry, and gave it to Pacen. “You should eat this, you must be hungry...”

Ashton took a knee, and asked his partner, "Do you wanna' go back into your Pokeball; I have a sneaking feeling I'll be needing you later?" Then she replied, "Vul-ul-piixxx!" Which translated to: 'Sure, hopefully I'll get to come back out soon!'. Ashton held out the Cherish Ball and then, she reached out her snow-white paw, pressing the middle-button. In a flash of blinding red light, Moon was no where to be seen. He turned and said, "Guys, since I got Moon when she was still an egg, she knows the move 'Howl', and I think that could be a nice 'loud sound', so other survivors will hear. Maybe even Drampa." He said hopefully.

"Ugh... what's... th- that? I... I can't l- like... see! He... head... sp- spi- spin... ing! A- a- lo- lot!" Pacen cried, as he attempted to grip on the firm, yellow berry Nia gave to him. The Pancham emitted a slight sigh, followed by another groan of pain soon after. He attempted to shake off the pain, though it seemed as if he could not just walk it off yet. Several small, yellowish stars began to spin around the top of his head a split second later.

BoredSnowglobe

Previously OtisRolePlays
“Pacen are you okay?” Nia noticed the stars around his head. “Huh? Umm, the berry is some kind of Sitrus Berry?” She had just grabbed whatever looked like food. Nia looked at Drampa, “Is he going to be okay?”

Status
Not open for further replies.