• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Shinies: First ever, ones you want, have seen, or own

My first shiny, was a shiny Tentacool, caught near Dewford in Saphirre. I transferred it (along with a legit Mew..) to my diamond cartridge..which I lost. Since then, I haven't seen another legit shiny. I cry for myself.

Congats for your first shiny! Mine was a zubat in ruby, but in a bad turn of events, I cannot seem to find the game anymore... Still, I have recived a few shinies from friends who have grown tired of their games, so it isn't all bad, i guess.

Man, everyone seems to love thier shinys!
What would everyone's FAVORITE First Chiny be? Like if you could choose, which shiny would you have had first?

I have a shiny Lickitung in Diamond and evolved it into Lickilicky (Sp?) but yea I've seen plenty of shinies. I must be lucky, but my first was a shiny Ekans in LG Version. I've seen so much it's like their regular pokemon to me now...xD. Maybe it's because I had like every single pokemon game out there. Anyways, I loved that Arbok and traded it to my Diamond. I'm trying to get a team of full shinies and so far I have Arbok, Lickilicky, Camerupt, and Armaldo(Yea I know...LUCKY!). Congrats on the Pelliper although I've never seen a shiny Pelliper or Wingull...xD.

The first shiny i saw was a gulpin on Sapphire. i lowered down the hp but realized i only had five poke balls. So i failed to catch it, and I turned my game off. A week later I encountered a shiny electrike on the same route, and failed to catch that as well. :(

But, being so interested in shinies i restarted my fire red one day and after a few tries my squirtle was shiny :) Knowing the odds i saved right away and to this day I still have my shiny blastoise but its migrated onto Diamond.

The only other shiny i ran into was a shiny spinda in Emerald. I was collecting ash because i wanted a glass table SO bad haha. I managed to catch it with a repeat ball :)

My first shiny was a shiny magikarp in leaf green pretty cool because i was looking to catch a magikarp on my team when i was playing and then i fish and find a shiny one

....As great as it is you found a shiny, that must be real upsetting finally getting one and it being that.

If I could have chosen what my first shiny would have been, I probably would want a (thinks for a moment) Eevee or Growlwithe.

My first shinny i believe was a baltoy in pokemon emerald at the time i didn't know what a shiny was, but because saw it was different got it anyway then it evolved and i could no longer tell the difference.

*sigh* :) The memories I remember my first shiny as if it were yesterday it was in Pokemon Silver (beside garydos). My borther needed a Girafarig so I whent to route 43 (before reaching lake rage) to catch one to trade to him. So I searched and searched but they wouldn't show up. Then a Pidgeotto showed up It appeared at a light green color almost golden color and it sparkled I was like :o I immediatly called my brothers (at this time I didn't even know shinies excisted, beside garydos) At first they believed it was just a regular one untill I caught it and brought it out and they saw it sparkle. I evolved it and made it my flying pokemon of choice. ;D

The first shiny I ever caught was a shiny Poochyena it was my second time through Ruby(I was mad because my friend restarted it) so I was going through Petalburg Woods and I ran into it, I was on my way back to heal my pokemon and they had very little hp, it knocked them out except the Swellow I just caught. Then I tried my pokeballs with no success. The last one (I'm not kidding you) it stayed I named it gold... when i got out of the battle I saved like 20 times (ok exaggeration) and trained it into a sick-nasty lvl 67 Mightyenna... now i have caught two... In diamond i ran into a Snover. Its ok but i don't really like Snover that much so it just sits in my box. Also i was traded a shiny Pachirisu (yeah pink is cool)

My first shiny was a Gulpin on Ruby. I was looking for one to add to my team and I found a blue one so I thought that one was cooler than the others. I caught it and evolved it but I didn't even know what shinies were back then and I was too stupid to care. All I knew was that I had another Pokémon that sparkled like my Gyarados from Gold. Unfortunately, I used to always reset my game so shiny Swalot is lost forever. Sucks 'cause I really like Swalots, and shiny ones look awesome.

Last edited by a moderator:

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
This isn't my 'first shiny ever', but I think it applies.

I went searching for Voltorbs on LG yesterday (wanted a Timid one to raise for my team), and what did I encounter instead? ... A shiny Pikachu ^____^ My initial thought upon encountering it was "Huh? Pikachu's pallet seems off... wait, didn't it just sparkle? ... OMGITSASHINYPIKACHU!"

It might not be the most amazing shiny color-wise (you can barely tell the difference), but shiny Pikachu leads to shiny Raichu, and the thing actually has a GOOD nature :D Now I'm just crossing my fingers that its IVs are decent, lol.

Hmmm, my first shiny had to be the shiny Spinda I caught on Sapphire. Later I saw a shiny Shroomish, but I relized I only had a Great ball...and I failed. To make matters worse, my game was stolen. I left in the car, but when I came back (we went in a resterant) it was gone. Surprisingly, I have a handful of shinies on my Diamond. I wonder if it's karma at work. :D

I got a shiny Raquaza after maaaaaaaaaaany hours of turning off and on my gb:sp, when I first saw it, I caught it with my master ball. I uploaded it to my DS when I got Pearl, I got it to lvl 100 after many Elite 4 defeats, which was a bitch to do. But, I got a shiny Raquaza :D

I don't think the Gyarados counts as my first shiny really. Other than that first one I saw was a shiny Shuckle in either Gold or Silver (I can't remember which one), but I accidently knocked it out without catching that. Then the first one I ever caught was a Starly in Diamond. Was using the Pokeradar for the first time, and i saw the double flash. Jumped on it, and its MINE! (in a premier ball 8))

P

Pokepok

The first shiny I ever caught was a shiny Linoone in emerald and i also caught a shiny Shuppet in the same game!!

Congrats! It took me 3 games before I found my first shiny. It was a Wurmple. My wurmple is still my only shiny. I'm hoping to find another one soon!

My first legit shiny ('sides the Red Gyrados) was a shiny Poochyena caught in my Emerald game. It was the very first Pokemon I saw after I got Pokeballs. I loved that Pokemon. Then my sister decided that she would use my Emerald game to get new starters for her new Ruby.

I lost my lovely golden Mightyena. I cried for days after.

I got her back tho'. When I found out some of her Pokmeon had Pokerus, I transferred over a Pokemon from MY game, got the virus, transferred it back, infected more of mine, then I played her game long enough for her Pokemon to have the benefit, but not the infectibility.

And she still doesn't know why she can't infect her Pokemon. ^_^​

My first encounter on a shiny pokemon was when I was in Route 34 when I came across a shiny Pidgeotto that I trained into a shiny Pidgeot. But I lost my data which was so sad :-[

Until then The last time I saw a shiny pokemon was when I was training my Swampert on Victory Road until I saw a dark green Golbat. Which I caught and trained into a Pink Crobat :D

My first shiny was in my Emerald version after I restarted it, it was a Zubat that I transfered into my pearl and it's now a Crobat. I remember staring at the screen in pure shock before catching the green Zubat, just thinking, ' Oh My Freaking Gosh!! It's a SHINY and It's a ZUBAT!!!' haven't seen one since.

Does anyone know where I can get the Crystal version? I can't seem to find it....please?

S

Shocari

My first shiny was in FireRed. It was a Machoke that I randomly caught in Mt. Ember. I traded it into a Machamp, but my friend didn't trade back. We haven't spoken since.

That sucks dude, why didnt you trade back right away?

The first shiny I saw was a Butterfree in the bug catching contest on gold but I had about half of the pokeballs left and it didnt wanna stay in the ball so I lost it but won the tournament with Pinsir. The second shiny I saw was Oddish on Emerald but I didnt have any pokeballs with me. The first one caught was a zubat that my friend caught when I lent it to him, its now a Crobat on my Diamond

The first shiny I ever encountered was I think an Arbok in the Great Swamp think in D/P
(I never go in that, I get too impatient)
My little brother streched, kicked my ds, and it froze, so I had to turn it off.
But today, amazingly, I stayed home from school because I didn't feel like going. And when my dad came home from lunch I hid in my bedroom and played on my LG version.
I'm in cinnibar city where you have to get the secret key from the pokemon mansion or whatever its called
and I ran into a shiny Raticate.
Its a reddish color and I want to train it.
Can anyone suggest a moveset for this?
Message me if you can.
Level 34, calm nature. n___n

The only shinies I have are a Fearow, a Jumpluff, a Furret and a Tangela on my copy of Silver. I think it was either the Spearow or the Hoppip I caught first.

Still haven't seen one on any of the Gen III games, strangely.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
My first shiny ever was the most epic thing in the history of epicness.

It was a Japanese ROM of Silver, fan-translated, and what did I run into? A shiny -eff-ing Suicune.

The only shiny I've encountered since was a Whismur in a ROM of either Ruby or Sapphire, hell if I know. I guess my luck with the Suicune has rendered any chance of me finding shinies near null and void. XP

Ah well. Maybe in Gen 5 i'll run into a shiny walrus of death or something.

my first shiny was a Poochenya, which i encountered near Petalburg City in Emerald. i transferred it to Diamond and then trained it to a Migthyena lv. 89. pready cool stuff, shinies.

Sem said it was ok that I revived this.

Ok, so today I restarted my Gold version since my neighbor and I were going to play our games together. I was on my way to Mr. Pokémon's house with my Chikorita, who happened to be female. I was pretty happy since I had a female Chikorita and I thought this was going to be a fun runthrough. First Pokémon I find, a Hoothoot. I KO it and ask my neighbor if I have PokéBalls yet. He says no and I said, "That would suck if I found a shiny Pokémon right now then."

Of course, the next Pokémon I find is a shiny Hoothoot. I had nothing to catch it with so I had to KO it. It was female and level 3. :(

I'd love a shiny Vibrava, they look so cool.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I agree that reviving the old shiny topic is fair game, but we really didn't need two when they both encompass the same sorts of answers... So I merged them and edited the topic title slightly xp

For now, people can treat this as the official shiny related topic.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
One other shiny Pokemon I encountered (but couldn't catch) was a shiny Chimchar used by a CPU trainer on Battle Revolution. I don't know if this trainer always uses a shiny Chimchar, or whether it just happened to be shiny for that particular battle.

I've never caught a shiny or seen one in the wild. But I have used a shiny Typhlosion in Emerald's Battle Factory. It was really awesome.

Still playing Pokémon Gold right now. I guess God heard all my whining about not being able to catch the shiny Hoothoot because I now have a shiny Spearow! Not as cool, but still a shiny.

It was given to me by that guy in Goldenrod City who asks you to give a Pokémon with mail to his fat friend. Well, he gave it to me, I checked to see what species Kenya was and I noticed it had the sparkles next to its gender that meant it was shiny. So, I tried it out in battle and sure enough it is. According to Arte, it isn't like that for everyone and I got lucky. :) I cloned it so I can still give one to the fat friend.

EDIT: Kenya is now a shiny asskicking Fearow! And just 'cause my only shiny is named Kenya, I named my shiny Gyarados Zimbabwe. :)

Never had any shiny pokémon, I even KO'ed the Red Gyarados :D

But I did search for a shiny Ponyta in Gold

Congrats on all the shines. It took me 2 years to get a shiny
I have seen over 20 shiny pokemon at least. im not gonna list them all

My first was a shiny nidoran in the safari zone i thought my game was getting messed up and i had almost completed the natinol pokedex so i stupidly shut of my game. i reliazed what and form then on when every i meet a pokemon and im not paying attention if stars came with it i check serebii unless its obvious.

My second shiny was a perfect salamence. i caught him in ruby and use him to this day

my third shiny was an egg that my friend lied and said was an elekid becuase he didnt want the magikarp and it hatched shiny and i thinked him a lot and he asked why i wasnt mad and i told him it was a hiny pokemon annd he wanted it back

I've HAD a shiny Bellsprout in Silver...Then my sis STUPIDLY RESTARDED THE GAME AND SAVED.

Since then I've only gotten a shiny East Shellos. I WANT a Shiny Gardevoir. SO BADLY.

Just two days ago, I was fishing for a Feebas on my Emerald, and I hooked a shiny Magikarp! ;D It's the first shiny I've seen since Crystal version (7 years ago), and the first shiny I've ever caught! (Besides the Red Gyarados.) It's a level 6 female with a serious nature, and I'm fine with that! It's wierd, because I was just explaining to my cousin about two minutes before I found it that I was kind of hoping to find a shiny while hooking up so many Pokemon trying to find a Feebas, and there it was! I can't really feel excited for it because I guess my mind doesn't believe I got it, but oh well.

Anyways, thats all the good news. The bad news is it'll probably be another seven years before I'll see another one, but I don't care. For now I'm satisfied with just one!

The "FAIR" shinies I've gotten are Nidorina from Safari Zone in LG. My heart was beating because I wanted it so bad. I think I caught it. It was a long time ago. Second I got a Shiny Togetic. from my cousin. He had alot that he didn't want from trades. We traded, and I evolved in into a Togekiss.