• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Sensō: War of Conquest [Discussion Thread]

What should the name of the region be?

• Total voters
When apart from her regalia and marching into combat, Wys generally wears light leather armor, a set of breast-plate, slacks & greaves, gloved-gauntlets, and boots. Her weapons lie on her left side, a buckler strapped to her left arm, and the sheathe to her rapier hung at the left side of her hip.

Weapon: Rapier & Buckler
This is what I was going based off of, it’s on the first post

I mean, if the weapons fit our characters, then it would be a shame to have them changed, as it would require them changing their set of skills for something else. I chose a rapier and a parrying dagger (among throwing daggers) because my character is, in most sense of the word, a rogue. It wouldn't serve her well to have any other weapon.

Kyuu is basically doing it out of the kindness of his heart and I completely respect that. At the same time, there may be way too many characters later and we cant all have different weapons from each other. There will be copies and I dont care if someone else has a rapier or a bunch of daggers. Just as long as their character is different from mine is all that matters to me.

In a world such as this, people who use similar or the same weapons will be a thing. It is unwise to think we can all have different weapons. Different Pokemon? Yes, there are over 500 Pokemon we can use (I chose 500 because we can technically choose that amount without using fully evolved Pokemon/Legendaries). Different weapons? Eh, it will get to the point where people will start differentiating them by make and model, and not everyone is as medieval weapon savvy as the other and I personally don't want to see an indestructible bronze long sword (mainly because bronze was used before the age of steel, and it's a softer metal compared to steel. It just didn't corrode or rust) or anything else that could give me an aneurysm because someone doesn't know how to research what kind of metal does what. This is a fantasy game, yes, but I'd like the things in it to be based on accurate physics at least, especially when it comes to the kinds of metals used in making weapons/armor.

I don't mind if you advocate for Kyuu, as he had to change his weapons several times already. What he does is his own decision and what other people do is their own. In a world where many people don't fully know about, weapons will be reused. I like the fact that he is making sure everybody else is comfortable in a world that not many people have had experience in. Plus, having to research the kinds of weapons and armor for a game they may only be in for a limited time just because weapons and armor have to be originals defeats the purpose for some and they may have second thoughts on joining if they really have to research the kinds of weapons/armor their character will use and the logistics behind everything.

I personally think it should be a combination of how they fight with their weapon and the weapon they chose that makes or breaks it, as not all sword fighters are the same and use the same tactics. Not just the weapon.

Last edited:
To be honest, I read what you said in the wrong tone, so it made what you said sound way worse than intended, which wasn't my intention and didn't realize it until afterwards.

But Kyuu does it because he's nice. A nice GM accommodates their players first before them and works with what they are given. Plus, like I said, if people have to use a different weapon because someone else had already taken it (whether that person who is making a character wants their character to be unique or the other person doesn't want their weapon copied), they wouldn't want to really research what kind of weapon their character could use, especially if they have a specific character with a specific kind of skills in mind. It's easier for a GM to accommodate other's decisions than it is for the player to have to remake a character because a weapon was taken.

A GM is already researching this stuff for their RP. Since they will likely know more than the average RPer, it would kind of land on them to accommodate for changes for the RPers, so everyone can be happy with what they have without other RPers feeling like they have to accommodate for everyone else, and not everyone likes to be in that position.

So tl;dr: it's a courtesy thing, and I really appreciate that.

Same...
Ooh~ I'd like that if/when I post my character.

Also wait someone picked the same weapon as I did shoot-
Oh, another thing, I was wondering what would be the rules on single-stage Pokemon were but since the loosening of the rules about starting with second/final stage Pokemon I'm guessing I don't need to?
You're allowed to chose second or third stage evolutions, just use them in moderation, and not to like steamroll the other nations.
Holy crap people pay attentions to what weapons have already been taken.
To be fair I haven't updated every bios in this thread, I've been updating the Google Sheets as well as the bios I put on the first post.
Your sheet said rapier???
RIP. Yea it did. I'd originally created Wyosyna with a Rapier and Buckler, but then Medic had a Rapier so I switched. I hadn't updated the bios on the first page though, so that's understandable.
This is what I was going based off of, it’s on the first post
Yea, it's not a problem for me.
I have two more characters don’t worry.

Also Kyuu was the one who chose his weapons first so why is it that he’s the one who has to change?
Truthfully Medic choose the weapon first since her character was created before mine. I just switched once I realized what weapon she had.
I mean, if the weapons fit our characters, then it would be a shame to have them changed, as it would require them changing their set of skills for something else. I chose a rapier and a parrying dagger (among throwing daggers) because my character is, in most sense of the word, a rogue. It wouldn't serve her well to have any other weapon.

Kyuu is basically doing it out of the kindness of his heart and I completely respect that. At the same time, there may be way too many characters later and we cant all have different weapons from each other. There will be copies and I dont care if someone else has a rapier or a bunch of daggers. Just as long as their character is different from mine is all that matters to me.

In a world such as this, people who use similar or the same weapons will be a thing. It is unwise to think we can all have different weapons. Different Pokemon? Yes, there are over 500 Pokemon we can use (I chose 500 because we can technically choose that amount without using fully evolved Pokemon/Legendaries). Different weapons? Eh, it will get to the point where people will start differentiating them by make and model, and not everyone is as medieval weapon savvy as the other and I personally don't want to see an indestructible bronze long sword (mainly because bronze was used before the age of steel, and it's a softer metal compared to steel. It just didn't corrode or rust) or anything else that could give me an aneurysm because someone doesn't know how to research what kind of metal does what. This is a fantasy game, yes, but I'd like the things in it to be based on accurate physics at least, especially when it comes to the kinds of metals used in making weapons/armor.

I don't mind if you advocate for Kyuu, as he had to change his weapons several times already. What he does is his own decision and what other people do is their own. In a world where many people don't fully know about, weapons will be reused. I like the fact that he is making sure everybody else is comfortable in a world that not many people have had experience in. Plus, having to research the kinds of weapons and armor for a game they may only be in for a limited time just because weapons and armor have to be originals defeats the purpose for some and they may have second thoughts on joining if they really have to research the kinds of weapons/armor their character will use and the logistics behind everything.

I personally think it should be a combination of how they fight with their weapon and the weapon they chose that makes or breaks it, as not all sword fighters are the same and use the same tactics. Not just the weapon.
Excellently said love~

Personally I was actually just looking for weapons that I haven't used much. So I don't have any particular preference. My character might even switch weapons again after Deerling evolves into Sawsbuck. At that point, I might try a Cavalry charge and will need a more appropriate weapon.
Then, nobody should really be anal about it unless they want their character to have something others don't.

Like I said, I don't mind if you advocate for Kyuu, but your words and the way you say them made me think you meant something else, which is why I went off on a tangent.
*pats pats*

Koop is like that some times, take things with a grain of salt. He means no harm.
To be honest, I read what you said in the wrong tone, so it made what you said sound way worse than intended, which wasn't my intention and didn't realize it until afterwards.

But Kyuu does it because he's nice. A nice GM accommodates their players first before them and works with what they are given. Plus, like I said, if people have to use a different weapon because someone else had already taken it (whether that person who is making a character wants their character to be unique or the other person doesn't want their weapon copied), they wouldn't want to really research what kind of weapon their character could use, especially if they have a specific character with a specific kind of skills in mind. It's easier for a GM to accommodate other's decisions than it is for the player to have to remake a character because a weapon was taken.
I do actually put in a fair degree of research when choosing weapons, but I don't plan to be crazy strict on the physics. Obviously no parrying a sword with an arrowhead or something crazy and beyond human ability.
A GM is already researching this stuff for their RP. Since they will likely know more than the average RPer, it would kind of land on them to accommodate for changes for the RPers, so everyone can be happy with what they have without other RPers feeling like they have to accommodate for everyone else, and not everyone likes to be in that position.

So tl;dr: it's a courtesy thing, and I really appreciate that.
I don't mind switching weapons, I've had some experience RPing with a number of them. War Fans, Guandao's, Spears, Swords, Daggers, Gauntlets...

It's more accurate to say I just like to fight xD
If it’s a problem I’ll change my weapon, though I guess I don’t see why repeat weapons are a problem.
No worries, I'm not particularly hung up on either Rapier or the Butterfly Swords.

I have other characters who've already used them, just not extensively as I didn't get to roleplay with them for long. At this point, I'm going for a combination of a weapon I've never used before, and something I'm more intimately familiar with.

I liked the nod to Wing Chun in your bios~

I expect to have fun battling you. I'm more familiar with Baguazhang myself because I control the Hyuga in Naruto AU, and their fighting style is based on Bagua lol.

I did also extend a bit into Xing Yi Quan though, but I'm not as familiar with the various systems.

Last edited:
Onto more important matters though;

By my count, we have 7 Warlords, with an 8th one being made by Eevee, and a 9th & 10th being made by Peach and PrincessPika

However, we only have 4 Warriors to share among them. Of which half are mercenaries for hire.

So 2 real retainers. I'll create one more, and Snucky and Koop will create 2 each...that'd bring us to 7 retainers..? About that.

I'd ask that you all spread the retainers among the various warlords so that everyone can have at least 1 retainer under them.

~Rinko~

Previously PrincessPika~chan
You're allowed to chose second or third stage evolutions, just use them in moderation, and not to like steamroll the other nations.
I was asking about single stage Pokemon, which I saw Mango's character has so it was kinda a stupid question looking back on it~
I can't promise if I'll make a retainer, not because I haven't got ideas but because I don't usually prefer having to juggle between characters.
Same thing here, though I do have a vague idea for one other character...

Nukas

Previously Kid_Nukas
Onto more important matters though;

By my count, we have 7 Warlords, with an 8th one being made by Eevee, and a 9th & 10th being made by Peach and PrincessPika

However, we only have 4 Warriors to share among them. Of which half are mercenaries for hire.

So 2 real retainers. I'll create one more, and Snucky and Koop will create 2 each...that'd bring us to 7 retainers..? About that.

I'd ask that you all spread the retainers among the various warlords so that everyone can have at least 1 retainer under them.
I was hoping we’d have two retainers per warlord, but I guess that won’t happen.

| | Warrior Character Sheet | |

Name: Lu Tao
Preferred Element: Bug\fire
Description: Short spiky brown hair, dark brown eyes and rather short. He looks slim but posses exceptional body strength. A young man who was just recently appointed the role of warrior, Lu is really hot headed and often makes rash decisions. He is impatient but can restrain himself if it’s required.
Weapon: Halbert
Special Ability: frontal assault: Raises attack for user
Partner Pokemon: Whirlipede
Warlord: (Which Warlord you serve under; if any.) up for grabs

Wrote this in class so kind of slacked off on the description.

I can't promise if I'll make a retainer, not because I haven't got ideas but because I don't usually prefer having to juggle between characters.
No worries, I didn't think everyone was going to make 3 characters so I'm somewhat prepared for that.
I was hoping we’d have two retainers per warlord, but I guess that won’t happen.
It's set up to allow that, however, it'd require everyone to make 3 characters, which likely won't happen.
It could still happen but it’s will take more compromises now.
*looks at my legendary massive character lists*
*glares at character limit*
There's a very easy solution to this problem
Yea, but I won't be changing the character limit for now. Three characters is about as much as I'd like any Rper to deal with right now given how...quirky the mechanics of conquest might make this RP.

Name: Lu Tao
Preferred Element: Bug\fire
Description: Short spiky brown hair, dark brown eyes and rather short. He looks slim but posses exceptional body strength. A young man who was just recently appointed the role of warrior, Lu is really hot headed and often makes rash decisions. He is impatient but can restrain himself if it’s required.
Weapon: Halbert
Special Ability: frontal assault: Raises attack for user
Partner Pokemon: Whirlipede
Warlord: (Which Warlord you serve under; if any.) up for grabs

Wrote this in class so kind of slacked off on the description.
Accepted.

Did you get the two retainers per warlord idea from FE: Fates?
Nope. I choose the 1 Warlord 2 Retainers thing because when I was mulling over the concept of the RP it occurred to me that Warlords probably wouldn't be waltzing into each other's territory for casual chats. That means the RP might stall and die outside of battles when you've got characters sitting on their rumps with nothing to do.

So I decided to give them 2 retainers since I think 3 people is enough to carry a conversation or keep ya'll entertained for a while when the plot isn't in high-gear.

For the same reason, I added the rule that your Warriors can't serve under your Warlord so that we'd have at least 3 Rpers in an area to make conversation between each other, and so we don't have Rpers interacting with themselves since I know people don't really like that.

My Retainers

Name: Fūyūko Akai-o

Preferred Element: Water/Fire

Description: She was young when her parents died, and was orphaned until age 11. She was taken in by an infamous assassin, and trained in their ways until she was able to get out and use her training. When she was 15, she received her partner, Froakie. She stands 5'10", with light brown hair and piercing Amber eyes. She wears a forest green kimono, with wrist guards, and sandals, with a sheath on her back, it hangs low, and two more smaller ones on the sides of her hips. She has a small frame, except for her hips.

Weapons: Nagamaki, worn on back, and two sais on hips.

Special Ability: Burning Waves: She plants her Nagamaki in the battlefield, causing the illusion of water on fire to appear, reducing critical rate, but increasing enemy evasiveness. Deals slight burning damage to all on battlefield. Lasts about three turns has a potential evolution, (reduced attack could be the potential evolution for this skill)

Partner Pokemon: Froakie (Eventually Greninja)

Warlord: Shizu Mizumi @Grand Master Koop

Other: About the weapon, A Nagamaki is a samurai sword with an extra long handle.

Second retainer

Name: Ryu Shirogetsu

Preferred Element: Electric/Dragon

Description: He was a samurai for the Land of The Flying Fortress, but was banished as a ill will last act from Daichi Nochizuma (Shiori's brother). He worked under Akuma Nochizuma, Shiori's father, and picked up the title "The Samurai in Green Armor", later got the title "Dragon of the White Moon", and after the banishment, "The Electric Wanderer". He is currently looking for a Warlord. He is 6'3" has white hair and blue eyes, wearing a suit of Samurai armor, but it is green, and a cloak, green with a white crescent Moon on the back, has a sheath on each side of his armor near his waist.

Weapon: A Wakizashi, a shorter but broader sword used by a samurai as a secondary weapon, on left side to be wielded with right hand, A Tantō, a small sword, used more ceremoniously, but it is a part of Ryu's style, and a Yumi originally used by Akuma, was left to him, he is not as skilled with this weapon.

Special Ability: Electric Wanderer: his eyes turn gold when the ability is used, once during the timeframe that the ability is activated, the next hit combatant is paralyzed, Electric types gain attack up for two turns, the attack up decays after one turn, reducing its effect. He, along with his Pokemon, disappear, in a lightning bolt for two turns, and then return, causing the field to calm down, he cannot attack or be attacked while ability is active, both of those effects are after activation.

Pokemon Partner: Mareep (Eventually Ampharos)

Warlord: Wandering right now, looking for one.

Last edited:
@kyuukestu May I request your second warrior as a retainer for kyo? You would have the choice between fire, dark, ghost, or ground type.

Name: Yun Xunsu
Preferred Element: Ghost/Ground
Weapon: Hidden Weapons & Traps
Description: Yun is of rather lanky build, preferring more to play the role of a supporter than a direct combatant. He has shaggy black hair dyed purple at the tips, often unkempt, but not for lack of trying. His gear consists of clothen armor and a long scarf he usually keeps wrapped around his neck. He's agile and observant even somewhat skeptical, usually staying my his Young Lady's side, ensuring she doesn't get deceived.

His armor specifically consists of a clothen garb that conceals most of his skin and hides the hard-wood braces he wears across his arms. His wear similarly clothen boots, wrapped in multiple layers to stifle sound and protect his feet.

Special Ability: Purple Clouds from the East

Said to be an auspicious sign, this skill raises the crit chance of all allies slightly.

Partner Pokemon: Feng (Drifloon)
Egg moves: Haze, Clear Smog

Warlord: Kyo Hakone

My Retainers

Name: Fūyūko Akai-o

Preferred Element: Water/Fire

Description: She was young when her parents died, and was orphaned until age 11. She was taken in by an infamous assassin, and trained in their ways until she was able to get out and use her training. When she was 15, she received her partner, Froakie. She stands 5'10", with light brown hair and piercing Amber eyes. She wears a forest green kimono, with wrist guards, and sandals, with a sheath on her back, it hangs low, and two more smaller ones on the sides of her hips. She has a small frame, except for her hips.

Weapons: Nagamaki, worn on back, and two sais on hips.

Special Ability: Burning Waves: She plants her Nagamaki in the battlefield, causing the illusion of water on fire to appear, reducing enemies attack, reducing critical rate, but increasing enemy evasiveness. Deals slight burning damage to all on battlefield. Lasts about three turns has a potential evolution.

Partner Pokemon: Froakie (Eventually Greninja)

Warlord: Shizu Mizumi @Grand Master Koop

Other: About the weapon, A Nagamaki is a samurai sword with an extra long handle.

Second retainer

Name: Ryu Shirogetsu

Preferred Element: Electric/Dragon

Description: He was a samurai for the Land of The Flying Fortress, but was banished as a ill will last act from Daichi Nochizuma (Shiori's brother). He worked under Akuma Nochizuma, Shiori's father, and picked up the title "The Samurai in Green Armor", later got the title "Dragon of the White Moon", and after the banishment, "The Electric Wanderer". He is currently looking for a Warlord. He is 6'3" has white hair and blue eyes, wearing a suit of Samurai armor, but it is green, and a cloak, green with a white crescent Moon on the back, has a sheath on each side of his armor near his waist.

Weapon: A Wakizashi, a shorter but broader sword used by a samurai as a secondary weapon, on left side to be wielded with right hand, A Tantō, a small sword, used more ceremoniously, but it is a part of Ryu's style, and a Yumi originally used by Akuma, was left to him, he is not as skilled with this weapon.

Special Ability: Electric Wanderer: his eyes turn gold when the ability is used, it causes a paralysis for one turn, the paralysis itself is only 50% Accurate, after that turn, Electric types gain attack up for two turns, the attack up decays after one turn, reducing its effect. He, along with his Pokemon, disappear for two turns, and then return, causing the field to calm down, he cannot attack for three turns, and cannot be attacked for two turns, both of those effects are after activation.

Pokemon Partner: Mareep (Eventually Ampharos)

Warlord: Wandering right now, looking for one.
The only issue I have here is with the abilities. Two debuffs plus burn damage to everyone is really strong for a starter skill. You'll need to nerf that a bit.

For the second skill...it does a lot of things.

For the part about paralysis, it'd be better put as adds chance to paralyze opponent, or paralyzes whatever is hit on the next turn. Since then it could function like an existing Pokemon move. e.i. Thunderwave.

I don't have any issues with the buff to electric types, which by itself would be an okay skill, but paired with the other effects become way too strong.

Also since we're not really using 'turns' it's kinda hard to interpret that last part.

The way I understand it he leaves the battlefield for a while (in a flash of light maybe?) and then comes back? I'm having a bit of trouble making sense of it, to be honest.

Once we iron out those skills both characters will be accepted.

Nukas

Previously Kid_Nukas

Name: Yun Xunsu
Preferred Element: Ghost/Ground
Weapon: Hidden Weapons & Traps
Description: Yun is of rather lanky build, preferring more to play the role of a supporter than a direct combatant. He has shaggy black hair dyed purple at the tips, often unkempt, but not for lack of trying. His gear consists of clothen armor and a long scarf he usually keeps wrapped around his neck. He's agile and observant even somewhat skeptical, usually staying my his Young Lady's side, ensuring she doesn't get deceived.

His armor specifically consists of a clothen garb that conceals most of his skin and hides the hard-wood braces he wears across his arms. His wear similarly clothen boots, wrapped in multiple layers to stifle sound and protect his feet.

Special Ability: Purple Clouds from the East

Said to be an auspicious sign, this skill raises the crit chance of all allies slightly.

Partner Pokemon: Feng (Drifloon)
Egg moves: Haze, Clear Smog

Warlord: Kyo Hakone
Accepted (lol) I’m surprised tho... a MALE????

@kyuukestu ironed out a bit, I cut out the attack down in Fūyūko's skill, potential evolution, and made it so the next combatant hit gets paralyzed, and Ryu leaves in a lightning bolt.
Alright, then the second character is accepted.

You still need to nerf the first character's skill though.

Keep in mind though, that is something happens and, for example, Fuyuko is unable to leave, then that might interfere with the latter half of the skill. Since I doubt anyone's going to stop attacking you if you're standing still.

I’ll be making 2 warriors, don’t worry! If anyone is interested in joining Hanwon just let me know!!!

@kyuukestu I’m excited for the fight as well! No matter the winner, I feel like they would become very good allies! I was thinking for your weapon.... maybe deer horn knives?
I'm actually going for Gauntlets. I'm not a huge fan of Deer Knives, Chakrams, or weapons of that sort, so I tend to avoid using them.

I would be willing to take part in this RP but I don't really want a warlord I would rather just have 3 warriors and make them all retainers if that is allowed.

That's actually perfect xD

I was about to put a cap on the Warlords. Since we have possible 11 Rpers by my count, and about 10 nations once everyone's made their warlord, we probably won't be accepting any more Warlords.