• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Sensō: War of Conquest [Discussion Thread]

What should the name of the region be?

• Total voters
Oh whoops. What I had in mind was he would dodge an incoming attack and then strike where the opponent was vulnerable. It would only work once per battle as a sort of trump card, I guess people could always write that their character dodged if they wanna be like that.

Edit: new ability, Weighted Dice. The Warlord’s evasiveness and Critical hit rate increase

That's much better. Keep in mind that, as a Warlord, you can evolve though. So your ability should probably have 3 stages to it. With the final stage being its strongest form.

How long would it increase for? I think it's a cool ability, I'm just trying to get a feel of how it would actually work in something that isn't turn based combat
It would last until he lands a critical hit or a fair amount of time has passed. Basically, he puts an emphasis on dodging and aiming for vital points until it eventually works. I think my original idea could be the final form.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Is this still open?

EDIT: Added physical description and personality. Still trying to decide on clothes.

Name: Eve Maddox
Description: Standing at a height of 5'8, Eve has long brown hair and brown eyes along with a slight dusting of freckles.
Personality: Her burning spirit and passion is her defining trait, as she never backs down and never gives up. She can be a bit hot-headed and rash, but she also uses this to her advantage. She's very crafty and tends to play mind games with her opponents, and dislikes hand-to-hand combat.
Preferred Element: Normal and Psychic
Weapon: Bow with poison-tipped arrows.
Special Ability: TBD
Partner Pokemon: Vix the Eevee (F)

Name: Feire Kingdom
Description: The kingdom is on a rolling plain surrounded by thick and dangerous forests. It is mostly inhabited by Normal, Fairy, Grass, and Psychic-type Pokemon. The castle is fairly typical for its time, albeit heavily fortified. The kingdom is surrounded by a wall of stone.
Battle Terrain: TBD (looking for suggestions)

Last edited:
Is this still open?

Description: The kingdom is on a rolling plain surrounded by thick and dangerous forests. It is mostly inhabited by Normal, Fairy, Grass, and Psychic-type Pokemon. The castle is fairly typical for its time, albeit heavily fortified. The kingdom is surrounded by a wall of stone.
Yes, this is still open. That'd work quite well. I've just added a description section to the Bios though since I noticed that I forgot it. So if you'd be so kinda as to add that then you'll be accepted.

Do you also want us to add our character's physical description or is that not needed in this RP?

And if we're to evolve Pokemon, will there be differences for Pokemon who evolve via items/trading?
I'd actually forgotten to put description when I uploaded the Bios, but it should be there now.

Good Question, for Pokemon that require Trade to evolve, we'll change the evolution method. Perhaps to more locational requirements or I'll introduce items which can be used to evolve them.

| | Warlord Character Sheet | |

Name: Wyosyna Aestas Haust L'Hiver
Preferred Element: Normal/Grass

Description: Wyosyna, known simply as Syna or Wys to the people of her Kingdom, is the newly crowned Lady of Raithean Castle. She takes pride in the unique environment of her homeland, a sentiment shared by most of the citizens. She's of modest height, standing at 5"4 and her build is rather slender. She focused on a flexible fighting style utilizing her Seasonal Swordplay, which possesses four different styles aimed to reflect each of the four seasons.

Wys has eyes the crisp brown of Autumn leaves, hair like the flames of summer and highlighted with white edges to symbolize the fleeting winter. The circlet that rests on her head is composed of metallic strands woven into the appearance of a flower crown. embedded in its sides are small amounts of emerald, the entire circlet symbolizes spring and the fertility and prosperity of her nation.

When apart from her regalia and marching into combat, Wys generally wears light leather armor, a set of breast-plate, slacks & greaves, gloved-gauntlets, and boots. Her weapons lie on her left side, a buckler strapped to her left arm, and the sheathe to her rapier hung at the left side of her hip.

Weapon: Rapier & Buckler

Special Ability: Maiden of the Seasons (Rank I)

Applies the elemental form of her Pokemon to her weapon.

E.g.
Summer Form = Fire
Winter Form = Ice
Spring Form = Grass
Autumn Form = Ground

Partner Pokemon: Persephone (Deerling)

| | Pokemon| |

Name: Persephone
Species: Deerling
Ability: Chlorophyll
Egg moves: Agility, Odor Sleuth

| | Nation/Castle | |

Name: Raithean Castle

Description: Raithean is an oddity, a castle to the far North built into the side of a dormant Volcano. It's positioning grants it a unique climate as the heat from the volcano combats the perpetual winter, giving rise to a seasonal gradient across the Territory. The furthest reaches from the Volcano in the north are covered with ice and snow, however, the southern reaches closest to the volcano are locked into a hazy geothermal summer. The central areas waver are the more temperate climates of Spring and Autumn.

Raithean is home to Fire, Grass, Ice and Ground-type Pokemon who prefer to live in the areas that suit them most.

Battle Terrain:

A special 4-terrain battlefield based on Raithean's unique climate.

The southern sector of the battlefield is a snowy-covered land susceptible to snowfall and sudden blizzards.

The northern sector of the battlefield is a volcanic playground of hot-springs and heated geysers. Occasionally, lava flows rise to the surface, but this is extremely rare.

The eastern sector of the battlefield holds a sparse forest of withering trees and caverns.

The western section of the battlefield is lush with vegetation, forming a dense forest.

Is this still open?

EDIT: Added physical description and personality. Still trying to decide on clothes.

Description: Standing at a height of 5'8, Eve has long brown hair and brown eyes along with a slight dusting of freckles.
Personality: Her burning spirit and passion is her defining trait, as she never backs down and never gives up. She can be a bit hot-headed and rash, but she also uses this to her advantage. She's very crafty and tends to play mind games with her opponents, and dislikes hand-to-hand combat.

Done! I need some suggestions on clothing.

And, accepted~

Well for clothing I'd suggest you first start with what sort of armor your character wears when she's battling. Perhaps Leather or Cloth since she's an Archer?

For TMs/HMs, I can help with that. In the Pokemon Anime, Cilan's Pansage taught Chili's Pansear over the course of the day on how to use Solar Beam without using any technology. I'm assuming the same can apply here: if a Pokemon is taught by another Pokemon on how to use a move they can only learn as a TM/HM, they should take a good few days in order to learn it. Of course, they won't be able to master it right off the bat. If it's a move that matches their type and is basically just a better version of another move they learn by Level-Up or breeding, it will take about half that time and they can master it faster and easier.

Nukas

Previously Kid_Nukas
I also see that Pokemon Conquest has characters who appear to have looks from Samurai culture, does the same apply here or can we be a bit more creative?
I personally am going to have one samurai type character, but I’m imagining we will have warriors with all kinds of different fighting styles. Unless Kyuu says differently I think it’s perfectly fine to have non samurai characters.

For TMs/HMs, I can help with that. In the Pokemon Anime, Cilan's Pansage taught Chili's Pansear over the course of the day on how to use Solar Beam without using any technology. I'm assuming the same can apply here: if a Pokemon is taught by another Pokemon on how to use a move they can only learn as a TM/HM, they should take a good few days in order to learn it. Of course, they won't be able to master it right off the bat. If it's a move that matches their type and is basically just a better version of another move they learn by Level-Up or breeding, it will take about half that time and they can master it faster and easier.
Well that just sounds like tutoring.

I also see that Pokemon Conquest has characters who appear to have looks from Samurai culture, does the same apply here or can we be a bit more creative?

You're free to be as creative as you want, as long as its a weapon that would've existed within the time period. That being said although gunpowder would've existed at the time let's try not to touch that nest or hornets.

Hmmm, I do quite like that. That system would work perfectly fine for our purposes.

Then unless anyone has any better ideas, we'll go with this system for TM moves and Tutoring.

I personally am going to have one samurai type character, but I’m imagining we will have warriors with all kinds of different fighting styles. Unless Kyuu says differently I think it’s perfectly fine to have non samurai characters.

Non-Samurai characters are fine. My character wasn't a Samurai at all.

My mercenary is basically a rogue if you see her in a DnD light. She has a rapier, throwing daggers, poisons, and traps (which I still have to make the character sheet for ^^'")
....Welp

Guess I'm changing weapons now.

Nukas

Previously Kid_Nukas
If we’re going to be situated in a similar time period and location, then I say keep the ancient japan theme.
I disagree. If our characters are warlords and each control our own kingdoms, I would think that it makes sense for our kingdoms to have different cultures and ways of fighting. I say if people want unique kingdoms go for it, it gives a greater chance for diversity.