• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Sensō: War of Conquest [Discussion Thread]

What should the name of the region be?

• Total voters

~Rinko~

Previously PrincessPika~chan
Hi~ I might join here if I can think up responses for my other RPs in the next few days.
I'd actually forgotten to put description when I uploaded the Bios, but it should be there now.

Good Question, for Pokemon that require Trade to evolve, we'll change the evolution method. Perhaps to more locational requirements or I'll introduce items which can be used to evolve them.
Honestly that's gonna be pretty hard to come up with an idea for, the way the trade evolutions where handled (at least Haunter's, though I don't know why it would be different for different Pokemon) in Conquest isn't something that could easily be transferred into a RP setting as far as I know...

So I want to use the Horsea line, can I have a Seadra?
You can have a Horsea.
Different culture and style but look like they’re from the same time period.
The Culture of my Town is based around the Four Seasons so though its same time period we'd still be pretty different. If anyone wants to make a Japanese-Styled Nation then that's up to them, but I won't be enforcing that.
Hi~ I might join here if I can think up responses for my other RPs in the next few days.

Honestly that's gonna be pretty hard to come up with an idea for, the way the trade evolutions where handled (at least Haunter's, though I don't know why it would be different for different Pokemon) in Conquest isn't something that could easily be transferred into a RP setting as far as I know...
I'll probably use special locations. So for Haunter > Gengar it might evolve when trained at a Cemetary or somewhere haunted. In the Conquest games some Pokemon will only evolve in certain locations, so I'll just adapt that for trade evolutions.

You're welcome to join~

Conquest is indeed a bit tricky to adapt, but I think we've got something that'll work out.

~Rinko~

I'll probably use special locations. So for Haunter > Gengar it might evolve when trained at a Cemetary or somewhere haunted. In the Conquest games some Pokemon will only evolve in certain locations, so I'll just adapt that for trade evolutions.

You're welcome to join~

Conquest is indeed a bit tricky to adapt, but I think we've got something that'll work out.
So somewhat similarly to somemost of the Eeveelutions evolution requirements for the location thing then?~

I’m asking for Seadra though
Yes, and my response is no, you can't start with a Seadra. You can have a Horsea.
Okay, question: What would be an appropriate battlefield related to Psychic type Pokemon?
You could do something like the Battlefield they have in the game, or more originally you can have a battlefield with a lot of obstacles and debris. Things to throw around with Psychic. Maybe a battleground with some trivia-based traps?

| | Warlord Character Sheet| |

Name: Ren Killian
Preferred Element: Psychic

Description: A recently crowned Warlord by his father, Ren has shown to be a kind, compassionate and gentle leader who does what he can to make most situations as fair as possible. His family are a long line of fortune tellers rumored to be able to see glimpses into the future, but whether Ren possesses the abilities of one is yet to be discovered even by himself. He stands with a slim build at 5'9" and has a rather elegant display of fighting skills along with amazing adaptability.

Ren has decently Fair skin thanks to how often he goes outside, his eyes are an unusually stunning hot Pink while having smooth, tidy Fuchsia colored hair that reaches down to the level of his chin. His facial features mainly consist with a somewhat pointed chin and has been told for having "A wonderful smile."

Ren's main attire consists of a simple Fuchsia colored shirt underneath a set of leather armor mainly covering his chest, legs and forearms. His most noticeable pieces of attire is a White sash that diagonally moves down from his left shoulder to the right side of his hip held by a single leather shoulder pad and a long White scarf around his neck reaching down to the level of his knees, thick enough to cover his mouth if need be.

Weapon:
Estoc modified to have a cutting edge.

Special Ability:
Anticipation

Increases Evasion chance and defense for 1 turn.

Partner Pokemon: Ralts (Eventually Gallade)

| | Pokemon| |

Species: Ralts

| | Nation/Castle | |

Name: Zen'barr

Description: Zen'barr is a kingdom sits atop a large floating crystal above what looks like a peaceful field which mainly boasts firm breezes or warm sunlight and a very calm atmosphere around it. Nobody knows how the crystal came to be, but Psychic type Pokemon make their home on or near it, believing the crystal able to help them with their Psychic abilities. Some crystals orbit around the kingdom and are large enough to stand on with a few built bridges leading to them. Zen'barr's castle stands at the North side of the crystal as it watches the peaceful town below, the town itself holds a great amount of flora, rumors saying the crystal helps the plants grow faster.

Zen'barr is home to Psychic type Pokemon.

Battle Terrain: The battle terrain consists of many crystals separated from one another, causing the Pokemon to have to leap from rock to rock just to cover distance. As the place is popular with Psychic Pokemon, some are able to throw floating rocks down should anyone end up standing underneath them.

And that wraps a neat little bow around it all... I hope it's worthy.

Last edited:
I got three character ideas when Koopa brought the RP up to me yesterday, but damn. I missed a lot out of just... not checking Charms this morning. Can someone catch me up on what's changed since the first post?

Also, my character ideas are as follows;
-A young princess with latent psychic abilities [Warlord]
-A mercenary who uses illusions to his advantage in fights and works for whoever pays the most (he has a Zorua)
-A champion who completed a great quest in years past and now stands as the first line of defense of his kingdom (he has an Aegislash)
These are fine, yes?

-A mercenary who uses illusions to his advantage in fights and works for whoever pays the most (he has a Zorua)
-A champion who completed a great quest in years past and now stands as the first line of defense of his kingdom (he has an Aegislash)
These are fine, yes?
I kinda took Psychic Warlord already.

I got three character ideas when Koopa brought the RP up to me yesterday, but damn. I missed a lot out of just... not checking Charms this morning. Can someone catch me up on what's changed since the first post?

These are fine, yes?
Lots of Psychic Warriors here.

Your Princess would be the third.

Your second character is, however, fine.

Hmmm, regarding your third character. It would appear than quite a few people want to start with evolved Pokemon. This being the fourth time its come up or been queried. I'd actually prefer everyone start in their first form, but I'm willing to loosen that to second form evolutions in light of how many people seem to want them.

I'd actually prefer everyone start in their first form, but I'm willing to loosen that to second form evolutions in light of how many people seem to want them.
Mm. That wouldn't work for the Knight, and DEFINITELY not for the Dragon Lord or Mountain Lord or whatever I call him. The Knight is meant to have been around for a while, having finished a quest in the past. The shield part of the Aegislash in particular has some narrative significance to him. And with the villain... well, I'd like him to be A, if not THE Big Bad. A Larvitar doesn't exactly scream "end of current society" xD

~Rinko~

Since you mentioned Charizard...
Could I perhaps reserve the Fire or Flying Warlord spot until I decide whether or not to join? I have most of my character worked out, but I'm still not sure if joining will leave me backlogged or not :'|

I could make a flying type Warlord if needed
Sure, go ahead. No one's specialized in flying types.
Hahahahah... Nope. No chance. At least the other two work.

...by any chance, do we have a villainous character yet?
Since this is played like conquest all the Warlords should have a goal of either defending their Kingdoms or Conquering other ones. There isn't really a...villain role in play per se since the villain would just be one of many conquerors.

Though do remember you can only have 1 Warlord, and the other 2 must be warriors. If you want to have an Evil Warrior... I'm not sure how that'd work out, but I am curious.

Mm. That wouldn't work for the Knight, and DEFINITELY not for the Dragon Lord or Mountain Lord or whatever I call him. The Knight is meant to have been around for a while, having finished a quest in the past. The shield part of the Aegislash in particular has some narrative significance to him. And with the villain... well, I'd like him to be A, if not THE Big Bad. A Larvitar doesn't exactly scream "end of current society" xD

Well, tell me what you have in mind for the bad guy and this Knight. The way I've set up the RP doesn't make it easy to play a villain.

I can loosen the restrictions on evolved forms, given that a number of people seem to want them. Would you prefer to be allowed to choose whichever form Pokemon you want?

@Grand Master Koop
@Nukas
@Merciless Medic
@Mechanist Gamma
@Mango137
@PrincessPika~chan
@Red Gallade
@Cmeriwether

Since you mentioned Charizard...
Could I perhaps reserve the Fire or Flying Warlord spot until I decide whether or not to join? I have most of my character worked out, but I'm still not sure if joining will leave me backlogged or not :'|

There isn't a restriction on type of Warlord. It's not like the Warlord Represents an element, it's just the type of Pokemon they're better at using. There could be several Warlords/Warriors who specialize in Fire types.

Conversely, a Flying Warlord and a Fire Warlord could both use Charizard due to its dual typing. So you should be fine.

Take your time to decide~

Here she is.
Name: Shiori Nochizuma

Preferred Element: Main: Flying, Sub: Dragon

Description: A Very recent placement as the Warlord, she isn't new, unlike the others, she's been trained to be in this position since she was ten, her stature may be small, being 5'1" with reddish-brown hair, right eye is silver, due to her ability, and left eye is green, she wears an eyepatch over her right eye when the ability isn't being Used. Even though she is small in height, her personality is big, allowing her to win over her people's hearts over her brother, Daichi. Her appearance is a samurai like armor set, that is grey, and what looks like wings on the shoulders.

Weapon: Labrys

Special Ability: Sky is Up, Ground Below (This ability gives the user a silver eye.)

Ability Effect: All flying types and allies of the flying types have increased critical for two turns, but all Ground, Grass, Bug, Fighting, Electric, Ice, and Rock types have increased Attack for two turns.

Pokemon: Noivern (Noibat)

Nation: Land of the Flying Fortresses

Description: The castle is a giant castle, with seven towers, and a wall with an inside of a square Mile, this building has giant wings attached to the land it's on. The land blocks has wings and flying types along with grass types, poison types, bug types, some ground types, Gligar, Gliscor, Glaceon, and the Drifloon line.

Battle terrain: There the occasional pieces of land that have wings, but most of the time there is no terrain, since the land is for flying types, different types of land for different types of flying types.

Last edited:
Preferred Element: Flying (if not, Dragon)
You can have up to 2 preferred elements. So it could be Flying/Dragon.
Special Ability: Sky is Up, Ground Below (This ability gives the user a silver eye.)

Ability Effect: All flying types and allies of the flying types have increased critical for two turns, but all Ground, Grass, Bug, Fighting, and Rock types have increased Attack for two turns.
A...very interesting ability.

I note that the second part mainly targets pokemon who are either weak or strong against flying types. Would it also affect enemies? Like a skill that buffs yourself but also buffs the enemies?

Or are all the effects limited to allies?

Also, Ice & Electric weren't added...though I'm assuming you're going for thing weak/strong against flying.
Battle terrain: There the occasional pieces of land that have wings, but most of the time there is no terrain, since the land is for flying types, different types of land for different types of flying types.
So would these be like several floating islands?

upload_2019-10-17_15-6-59.png

Alright, @Grand Master Koop , here's the list thus far. I'll see about creating a simpler list that can be displayed on Mobile.

Hello, um..is it alright if I could join this rp please?
Well, I'll need to see how well you write, because we don't want to accidentally break any of the Rules fo Pokecharms.

I checked through your profile and didn't really see any prior Rp experience, so would you mind writing a short piece for me?

Of course, you can also create your character sheet and I'll be able to get a glimpse of how you RP based on how you fill out the various descriptions.