• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join RWBY: Origins (Contains Violence)

Topaz touched down smoothly, landing on his feet. He looked to his right. Sure enough, there was the river. He checked his compass to ensure he was heading in the right direction. He started walking... but then heard something strange. He stopped. He still heard footprints. Too loud, large and clumsy to be human. He drew his blades, transforming them both into guns. He looked... and spotted the Beowolf leaping towards his face.

He shot it.

Ray walked around the forest to find someone to partner up with. He then accidentally encountered 2 Beowolf grimms and the started to walk toward him. He pulled out his blades. "Easy there." He said as he unknowingly started to back up to were Kathleen was.

Crystal suddenly heard a Beowolf howl and started running towards it. Where there's howls, there's people, she thought as she got to the clearing. She saw Topaz and a Beowolf disintegrating. "Hey!" She yelled before realizing that if he responded, they would most definately be partners.

"Ok so not freindly." She called as the ursa tried to swip at her. Kathleen let out another arrow hitting it in the eye. That only made him angrily as he took another swip. Kathleen continued to shoot at the grim. Another growl made her look back. It was ray with two beowolves. "Hello!" She called back as she did a doge to another swip.

Topaz turned around and made eye contact with Crystal.
"Oh... hey." He said. Topaz then cocked his gun, pointing it at Crystal. He fired a bullet, killing the Beowolf that was about to slash her. "Guess we're partners now. We should go with my strategy. We're following the river downstream to the cave, then heading west. Watch my back, I'll watch yours." Topaz started to run, as he wanted to get out of there before more Grimm attacked.

Ray heard the call and turned around to find Kathleen. "Oh hey there." He said as he dodged one swipe and blocked another one from the Beowolves. "I guess were partners now." He said while turning his attention back to the grimms.

Sky allowed himself to relax before he was shot, and then flew into the air. He then triggered his jets built into the wrists, and flew upwards. He noticed that Crystal and Topaz has partnered up, as had Kathleen and Ray. Looking around for Prism, Sky saw Gale going towards the ground in slow motion, most likely owing to a Dust charm, and another who had latched onto a tree with his trident, until he spotted Prism. Sky dived down and hovered in front of him, incinerating the branches below him. "Hey. I suppose we're team members now. What a stroke of luck, for me to run into you."

"I guess we are!" She replied as she shoot an ice arrow. Icedust came out of the arrow as it hit its targets. It formed around the ursa's leg as Kathleen used her bow to smash it off. 'Now we are getting somewhere' she though as did a one had spring on the grims other hand. Kathleen ran up his arm as shoot an arrow in the back of its head, successfully killing it.

Gale moved through the forest slowly. She listened to the sounds and sighed happily, folding her arms behind her back. She her rustling to her left but acted it it wasn't bothering her. A beowolf lept out and she acted quick enough to block it. A sword made of fire dust shown in the light and soon the two were thrown into a dance of attacking, blocking, or dodging.

"Alright then," crystal said while rushing at a Beowolf that had just appeared. That howl must have summoned others, she thought as she slashed at the Beowolf several times until it fell over. "More should be coming, so I suggest we move NOW." She told Topaz.

"Good job, now my turn." Ray dodged some attacks and shot two fire balls on the ground to slow them down. He the switched one fire dust container in each gauntlet and place in lightning containers. "Plasma blades." He said as a fire and electric aura surrounded both his blades. The Beowolves got through the fire and charged Ray so he did a fast spin attack that cut one's head off and a big slash appeared on the other one. "Lets get moving Kathleen." He said to Kathleen after seing the corpses of the two grimms and the aura around his blades disappeared.

Sky heard howling in the distance, and figured it must be Beowolf attacking another party. Wonder if they're ok, I should probably check on them. Sky shot back into the air and looked at the place the howling had originated. All he saw was Ray and Kathleen walking off, with the two Beowolf disintegrating. Heh. Wonder what happens if I do this. Their nerves must be so on edge right now. Sky pulled out his missile Launcher, aimed a shot around 300 meters in front of them, and fired. He quickly turned on his camera and started recording so he could show they their reactions later on. The missile somehow managed to miss the trees and land in a very small clearing. Sky had aimed it so it would be loud and flashy, but wouldn't do any harm to them. And, even if it did, it's not like it would kill them.

Last edited:
Ray saw the big flash and heard the explosion as they hit. He put in his arms around Kathleen and jumped back. "Who's there?" He looked around and saw no one. He then realized he had Kathleen in his arms, he jumped back bushing a little. "I'm sorry!" he shouted.

Kathleen adjusted her hoddie. "You should look out for yourself." She called with slight anger in her voice for being held, "anyway all we need to it get the piece." Kathleen armed her bow with a seed arrow as she let the way through the forrest. She kept tabes on the others dous and singles as she walked.

"Fancy meeting you here Sky." Prism said, a grin on his face. As Sky was rocketing upwards, Prism ran up a tree to get a better view of the area. He switched to Yellow on the way up, Prism could see a river from his vantage point. "I can see a river! Should we head for it?" He asked Sky.

"Hah! Priceless reaction." Sky looked down at Prism. "Yeah, it's as good a place as any. I think I'm going to stay up in the air, because I'm not sure I have enough power to take off again. Well, I could climb a tree, but that takes time. Actually, you know what? I have an idea. I fly around, look for the relics, then I radio you with this," he tossed a small black phone-like device to Prism, "and they you come to my location. Sound good?"

"How does this work?" Prism asked Sky. "Better idea. I follow you around. I'll do tree hopping. I did something similar back home, but with large amounts of snow instead of trees. However, if it's okay with you, I'll hold onto the com, in case we get separated." Prism said.

"Yeah, good idea. Just hold your hand onto the front for a second or so to turn on the mic, take your hand off to deactivate. Before we go, I need to send the guys over there something else." Sky put away his rocket launcher, and pulled out a small coin with his personal symbol on it; a sky blue gem, with an image of a falcon in the centre of it. He aimed, and threw it down, so that it would land in Kathleen's hood. Now, I wonder if they can figure out who sent it from the symbol

"That's the plan." Topaz said to Crystal. He saw the missile hit, but recognized the symbol on it so didn't flinch. "Great. Now that idiot is going to attract MORE Grimm to us. At this rate, he'll call a Nevermore or something." Topaz squinted, looking ahead. He saw the cave he was looking for. "There's the cave! We make it there and we can start heading left towards the Temple."

Crystal heard the explosion and flinched a little, but didn't yell. She was just trying to get to the Temple, and Topaz seemed like he knew the way. She started wondering what the relics would be. She had heard from many different Huntsmen and Huntresses about what their relics were. Some said that theirs were gemstones and that the correlation was the cut, others said small weapons and that the correlation was the material. One even said that theirs were action figures and that the correlation was the franchise. She got so lost in her memories of interviewing Huntsmen and Huntresses that she almost ran into a tree. Almost. She caught herself walking too fast right before she would have run into it and sidestepped just in time. Hope no one noticed that...

Ray walked a little bit behind Kathleen because of what had happened. He then saw something shiny drop from the sky and into Kathleen's hood. "Hey Kathleen. A shiny object just landed into your hood, just wanted to let you know."

Last edited:
"Hm?" Kathleen replied as she lifted her hood. She pulled out a coin and looked as it. "What?" She replied as she looked at it, "someone must have dropped it flying by." Kathleen reset an arrow as she put the coin in her poket. "Hey ray. Since you saw the coin, do you know where it came from?" Kathleen said as she turned to her partner.

Sky noticed Topaz and Crystal walk into a cave a little bit away, and flew over it. He made a mental reference to the location, fixing it in his mind, before opening up his communication with Prism. "Hey, I think I found a place. Crystal and Topaz just walked into a cave, near the river we were at earlier."

Ray looked at Kathleen and replied. "Well, I was looking to the sides until I saw it drop down with the corner of my eye." He then saw two Ursas walking out of bushes beside them and closing in on them. Ray deployed his arm blades and said to Kathleen. "We've got company."

"What does it look like?" He said, showing her the compass. The arrow that would normally point eternally north was spinning in circles rapidly. "There's some sort of magnetic interference. I can't get a clear read on the direction we're supposed to go. Should we try the cave?"

"Damn," Sky muttered, as he saw a flock of Nevermore flying towards him. They weren't very old at all, about the size of your average vulture, but a lot more dangerous. He slid out his riblades, as well as letting the ones on his arms come out. Sky then dived towards one of them and sliced clean through it's body. He spread his arms out, like he really was flying, deactivated the rockets as his arms weren't able to steer anymore, and glided through the flock, his arms and chest taking three more. Sky turned his rockets back on, flew up, and pulled out his rocket launcher. Two missiles streaked towards the two remaining Nevermores, there was a very loud explosion, and Sky flew up into the air again. Well, they're bound to notice that

Last edited:
"What the-?" Crystal said while watching the compass needle spinning rapidly. "Would the interference be coming from the cave? If so, I think we should find out, just in case it gets worse..."

"Definitely. Let's go." Topaz walked in. He turned his weapons back into sword-mode. "Just in case there's danger lying in wait." The blue gems in his scabbards started to glow. They lit up the path ahead of Topaz.

"Woah, that's cool," Crystal said while she walked slightly behind Topaz. Even if his scabbard didn't light up, she still would have been able to see. The cavern was reasonably sized, enough where she could walk normally with a few feet between her and the ceiling.

"Let's go." Topaz said, walking forwards.

A few minutes later he was running out, shooting behind him with a large Death Stalker on his tail. "Okay, this might not have been the greatest idea!" he said, as his bullets struck the eyes of the Grimm.

Garth Goyle soared through the air, once he was safely inside the tree line, his gray wings he had hidden behind his shirt spread out. He glided the rest of the way down, before retracting the wings.
"Wonder who my partner will be" he muttered to himself, as he walked through the forest

Crystal had her shortsword attachments on her gauntlets and was currently on the back of the Death Stalker trying to cut its tail off. It threw her off, and she got back up. "Well, at least we found what was causing the interference!" She held up a small device, which was now destroyed. She put it back in her zipper pocket, rushed back at the Death Stalker while it was distracted by Topaz, and made a clean cut at the part she had weakened with earlier slashes. It let out a loud screech as the golden stinger fell to the ground.

"Alright, that's good." Topaz said, watching the stinger fall. "Follow me! I have a plan!" The Death Stalker put its tail near the stinger, and it began to reattach. Topaz ran back to the cave, as he had lured it away. The compass took a second to align itself, but it worked with the stinger far enough away. Long enough for him to figure out which way West was. "Come on!" he said, dashing off. "From here we go west until we reach the temple!" The Death Stalker fully finished the reattachment, and started to follow them.

"Alright!" Crystal said while deactivating her gauntlets. When she was running, she found that there was a pretty good chance she would nick herself with an extended blade. She ran behind Topaz while the Death Crawler reattached its tail and started chasing them again. They were going to have to kill it if they hoped to find the temple, since it was starting to catch up.

Ivan has been roaming around the forest for a while now, still without a partner. Suddenly something or better yet someone flew over him, "looks like I'm getting a partner soon" Ivan told himself as he continued walking. Suddenly a Beowulf came out of the bushes growling at him, "ah great, and since it's alone it's probably the scout of a close by Pack" Ivan said as he got into a fighting stance hoping that whoever that was who flew over him might come and help once the pack arrives.

Sky looked down and saw the guy with the Trident standing in front of a Beowolf. "Hey, need a hand? The pack'll be here soon."

"that would be appreciated, i can take on one Grimm but a whole pack is too much you know" Ivan said as he looked up at Sky, when he looked back at the Beowulf he saw it lunging at him. With a swift roll he dodged the attack and transformed his Trident into a gun, the 3 circular magazines spun as he shot some ice dust bullets at the Grimm at a rapid fire rate. he could hear howls from the distance indicating that the pack is near.