• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokemon World Journey (RP Thread)

While David and Alex were getting their pokemon checked up on, Terumi was buying a few Pokeballs, deciding that if he were to see an interesting pokemon, he wanted a chance to catch it. He then met up with the group, returning Flare to his Pokeball and asking the nurse to check up on his pokemon. She pulled out a tray and told Terumi to put his pokemon on the tray along with either his Trainer I.D. or Pokedex. Terumi put the pokeball on the tray along with his Trainer I.D., since he had just remembered that he had left his Pokedex at Prof. Grace's Lab. I am always forgetting these small things..., he said to himself.
He didn't say anything when Cooper shared his opinion on the league challenge, not wanting to offend anyone by sharing his thoughts. He had also kept quiet while Alex had ranted on, having decided to remember what she said. He'd rather not have them argue, as that tends to derail all friendships, as he has experience in that type of situation.
"Anyways," he said, pushing his gray hair out of his eyes. "Anyone here up to get some food? I'm pretty hungry myself," he said, glancing at both David and Alex.

Alex simply nodded and returned Henry before handing Nurse Joy Henry, Spork, and her Pidgy she decided to name Paige. She was about to rant about Cooper to her friend and how insensitive he was, especially about judging them based off thier current occupation. He sort of reminded her of her family. She shook the thought from her head instantly, the memory painful. When Terumi asked about food, Alex shrugged. "I mean, I would if I could. But I'm sorta broke. You see, David and I flew here from Unova and to buy the tickets, we had to spend almost all our money. We don't have much left, at all." She looked at David. "That is something I wanted to speak to you about I'm almost out of food. Fed some to my new Pidgy friend, and now I have almost nothing left." She sighed. "Might be good for a week, if I ration. But I wanted to let you know as soon as I could."

"Oh, my bad," Terumi said sheepishly. "If it's ok with you guys, I can cover any food costs. I still get money from my parents back in Galar and they don't mind helping out people who aren't financially stable." he said. At that moment, the Nurse called Terumi over and he got his Trainer I.D. and Flare back, thanking the nurse for her time. He let Flare out of his Pokeball, who then took to running around the Pokemon Center at top speed, as it usually did. He then remembered that he had gotten a voucher for a free meal- up to four guests, but he wasn't sure if it was expired. He dug around in his bag for a bit until he found it. "Well, i also have a voucher for a free meal, so I guess that's always an option." He didn't mind helping out people, as he always wanted to help people who weren't in the best situation. He then ran after Flare to prevent him from running straight into a wall.

"Thank you, I'll take the black one," Connor told her.

He didn't get into his mood because she was trying to help him. But at the same time, it was kind of upsetting him that she knew he had nothing. Connor grabbed his donated items and decided to change. His clothes were...well some of those Rattata in his home were like moths. So he went into the bathroom to get into a fresh pair of clothes. He then proceeded to throw away his old clothes. They stunk so bad that a Stunky would faint just by smelling it. He kept his watch though. It was the only thing that he had that was given to him from his parents. He then got out of the bathroom and waited for the pokemon to be sent. He just wished he could take a shower.

As Nyoko made her way to the Viridian Forest checkpoint she looked towards her delibird best friend Kishima to which had a stomach growling as loud as a growlithe, "I'm hungry too bud. You know your not the only one hungry right?? Speaking of hungry I bet Banir is famished! He hadn't been out of his pokéball sense we left the airport. Poor thing, Come on out, Banir!" Nyoko cheered. A bright energy shot forth from her pokéball . As the light faded a small cheerful vanillite could be seen cheering and dancing. "Van! Van!" Banir cheered. Nyoko spared not a moment to give her pokémon food. She then proceeded to simply eat a candy bar for herself, "rage candy bar huh... neat brand name. Wish Galar had sone of these" Nyoko said before taking a second then third bite.

Nyoko couldn't help herself but to take photos of her pokémon eating. She smiled as she snapped the photo wiping the crumbs away from her face, "Nice!" Nyoko said. The two pokémon continued eating just happy to be fed. As she looked at the photo she then looked up towards the sky which was slowly getting darker, "We should really get ready for some sleep ya? Tomorrow were gonna head to Pewter City. Would love to have add some photos to my blog, The Too Cool Blog!" Nyoko said cheerfully holding her thumb up. Kishima just rolled her eyes before laying down leaning her head on Nyoko's leg. Banir made himself comfy in her lap. "You two boneheads tired already? This is not how you write a cliffhanger to a story. We should atleast try to venture into the forest before nightfall. Get up!... ah... fine... a few more minutes ,but I don't wanna hear no complaining when times up" Nyoko said. She smiled as she leaned back against the palms of her hands, "The sky looks beautiful tonight" She said softly under her breath.

As she finished her candy bar she wadded up the wrapper threw it in the trash before turning towards her two pokémon. Both pokémon let out cheer before Banir let out a burp followed by a chuckle, "Super classy" Nyoko said before letting out a small burp, "Well mostly classy" Nyoko said chuckling, "I bet you want a rest don't you Banir?" Nyoko asked. Banir was so full it didn't want to move another inch. Kishima was full but more than happy to continue walking, "Deli deliii!" Kishima cheered. "Viridian City Forest!" Nyoko said. "Deli!" Kishima roared.

Last edited:
Amethyst stood nervously on the path. It was getting dark under the trees, and even though her phone had a map she didn't know how far they had to go before they reached Pewter. And now that Akira had run off into the trees... how much delay might that cause? She glanced around anxiously in the gathering gloom of the grove, wondering suddenly if she shouldn't have come at all. She could be sleeping comfortably in the Viridian City Pokemon Center and have taken an airplane back home the next morning. But she had chosen, and now here she was in the forest with two dudes who were practically strangers, and next to no supplies.

Then she gave a small shriek and jumped. Her phone had vibrated suddenly and scared her. She breathed heavily for a second, trying not to look at Friedrich. She was pretty embarrassed. She pulled out her phone, and the screen lit up. There was on message. It was from her mother, and it was a single word. Call. And that was it. A wave of rather negative emotion from her fear and stress washed over Amethyst, and she shoved her phone away. She couldn't talk to her mother now. Not now.

David's emotions were already a bit raw from Cooper's statements and assumptions about trainers who did the gym challenge, so he had a little trouble in forcing himself to be polite and not lash out at the boy when he offered to pay for a meal. After all, Alex had just let him know they were practically out of food, and a free meal would be nice. But he had a measure of pride that wouldn't let him accept. So he spoke as politely as he could, which wasn't the best, because the comment about 'not minding helping those who were not financially stable' hadn't set well on him.

"I... thanks for the offer, but we'll probably pass. We still have some food."

But not much.

His stomach growled very quietly, reminding him that he was a growing boy who needed lots of food. He glanced over at Alex, wondering what they would actually do. Just then the nurse came back with their (his and Alex's) Pokemon, who had taken a bit longer than Terumi's because there were more of them. David picked up his Pokeballs and stared at them. He would have to keep his Pokemon fed, too, and the more that he caught the harder time he'd have making sure everyone was well fed. Tomorrow, he decided, they would have to look for some kind of job to do to earn some money.

Akira had essentially lost the two people he was with. It had seemed that the boy was too far into the flowers and trees, he had also stumbled across a stone that was a bit different then most of the rocks that were around the place. This rock was a dark stone, with moss that grew all over the rock. It should also be said that is was larger then most would see in the place.

All was peaceful for the blond and his companion. That all changed when a pokemon that he had never seen before jumped out at him. That pokemon was some kind of scary, which caused Akira to fall onto the ground. Eevee however jumped from her perch on his shoulder, and took up a defensive stance. Eevee may not be one to battle normally, but she would do so to protect her friend. With one swift movement, Eevee sent a large group of stars as she swept her tail around as she jumped into the air. With that hit she pushed the pokemon back. Though that did not stop the tackle that happened afterward. The pokemon sent eevee into the rock, as she touched the moss on the rock, eevee started to glow. What happened after the glow faded, was eevee had evolved into leafeon. With a swift movement, leafeon sent a large tangle of vines at the attacking pokemon sending it into the woods far enough away. Though Akira and leafeon, did not want to take the chance, so the two decided to run away from the scene, which caused them to become lost, though the noise of the fight would have alerted the two on the path.

Grace saw the look, as she had done this before with other trainers. Being the kind person she was, Grace placed a hand on his shoulder, and said to the young boy. "I know it is hard to start out on a journey on your own. I done it when I was your age. Though I might have had more then most trainers, I still saw my far share of people who were in need of a helping hand. Do not think that is charity, think of it as a gift from me to you. Now lets see if your new partner has shown up yet." With that Grace walked over to a large machine. It begun to flash a blue color, and what appeared as the light faded, was a pokeball. She picked it up, and offered it to the boy. "I believe that this would your partner pokemon. There is just one more thing to get started with before you leave from here. Lets get you set up with a trainer's card." Grace had a soft smile for the young boy. It seemed that she had a soft spot for people who were in need of a helping hand.

The nurse Joy that was on duty, listened to the teens who were talking about food. What made her worry was the fact that two of them did not have much money. Walking up to them, she begun to speak to them in calm tones as to not upset them. "Hello I am sorry to interrupt, but I heard a bit of you conversation. If you are needing something to eat then you can get some from the vending machines that we have here in the center. Though to get any human food you have to get something for your pokemon as well. It will not cost anything, as it will scan your trainer card for payment, though I should warn you, that you can only get food once per day, per pokecanter. I am sorry for butting into your talk, but I feel that you would need this info, since you are not from around here. There is also a notice board if you want to make a bit of extra money. It should be posted near the entrance. If you need anything else then please let me know, and I will see to it that you get the answers that you need."

"Did you hear that?! It sounded like fighting!" Friedrich said looking to Amethyst. He then began running further into the woods in the direction of the sound. He looked around for a moment before continuing until he eventually caught up with Akira who was with a green leafy pokémon, "What happened?! Are you Okay? I thought I heard something" Friedrich said as he tried to make sense of the situation. Friedrich held his magby vulkan close as he looked around.

~Meanwhile...~

As Nyoko reached the checkpoint she made her way to the other side ,and took her first step into the Viridian Forest, "Look at that Kishima! The trees look even more beautiful up close! I wonder if we'll see any good potential pictures... That's rhetorical Kishima. Of course there are gonna be some good pictures!" Nyoko said pulling her camera out snapping photos. She took a picture of a weedle in a tree, several buterfree flying by ,and even a large tree with all sorts of pokémon on it. No doubt the tree was old and had likely been around for many many years. Nyoko was extremely happy to see such a remarkable piece of history. She even took a picture of herself and Kishima next to the tree, "This is going straight in my blog!" Nyoko said, "deeeli!" Kishima cheered.

Nyoko quickly whipped her laptop out. She ejeted the sd card from her camera before transferring the photo to her laptop then uploading it to her blog. Upon uploading the picture she made a summery of the picture ,and description of the landscape so far with its beautiful lush greenery and its many pokémon that populate the forest.

Nyoko had figured she had made it far enough into the forest ,and was ready to set camp for the night, "Kishima. Ready for sleep? Yeah... We probably could have traveled farther ,but I don't feeeel like it" Nyoko said before letting out a yawn. "You should be happy you know? We don't have to keep traveling until tomorrow" Nyoko said smiling. "Deli!" Kishima cheered and smiled.

Amethyst jumped yet again when there came the sounds of crashing from the trees. She agreed with Friedrich, it was definitely a battle. She ran off behind him, Ren’s Pokéball in hand. It was as much because she didn’t want to be left alone in the dark as a desire to help Akira, probably even more. As they came up near him, she noticed that his Eevee wasn’t on his shoulder, as it had been almost the whole time before. And the Pokémon next to him... a Leafeon? She began to put two and two together.

David glanced over at Alex again when the Nurse Joy finished talking. His expression was inquisitive, as if asking what she thought. He thought the free food sounded good, again, but he wasn’t sure about it, still.

“Thank you for telling us, ma’am. Alex, uh... ma’am, does the PokeCenter work like the ones in Unova, where you can stay in a room for free one night before having to pay for each night after?”

Last edited:
Connor wasn't one to smile, but he couldn't help but smile from the joy she gave him. She was the only person that gave him any affection since the incident and seeing that it wasn't from pity made him smile even more. He took his pokemon and then gave her an unexpected hug. "Thank you." He said, with tears coming out of his eyes. He then grabbed the finished trainer card right before running off with his newfound courage to Route One.

Connor took out his Pokeball to meet a Bulbasaur, his favourite pokemon. The Bulbasaur was a bit smaller than a lot of them. Which made it easier to hold it in his hand. At first, the Bulbasaur was shy, but after a while, it became used to Connor holding it in its arms.

"I'm going to name you Buddy, Bulbasaur! We'll be the best of friends!" Connor shouted.

Buddy smiled at his new name and ran off like it was looking for something. Connor followed it, excited to see what it would find. During their little hunt, Connor saw something very peculiar. It looked like a machine. Connor picked it up and before long he realized something. Just before he was about to hit a button he heard a shout. He ran off as fast as he could picking up Bulbasaur. He ran past Viridian City and past Route 2. He ran into Viridian Forest and before long he realized something.

He was lost.

Last edited:
Friedrich saw the green and yellow pokémon, "What's that pokémon?" Friedrich said holding up his pokédex, "Leafeon! The evolved form of Eevee! Just like a plant, it uses photosynthesis. As a result, it is always enveloped in clear air" The pokédex stated, "Huh... neat! Friedrich said putting his pokédex away. "I wonder how it evolved?" Friedrich said. As Friedrich looked around he noticed the mossy stone ,but hadn't quite figured out the relation between the two quite yet. For the time being Friedrich was at a loss for words. He pulled his journal out and began taking notes in regards to the sudden evolution.

Last edited:

NDB

Previously BartenderReaper
"Alright, it's over this way," Neo said as he put his Pokegear away. He led the way towards the ramen shop. Pewter City’s night life seemed to be slowly waking up. Restaurants started filling up with patrons, and families were out and about. Just after a few minutes, Neo saw the ramen shop just down the street. “Not much longer,” he told Ben. Dahde saw the shop up ahead and jumped off of his trainer’s head, rushing on ahead. Eventually, they arrived at the restaurant. Dahde was perched on the fence that surrounded the outdoor tables of the restaurant. He hopped onto his trainer’s shoulder as they walked inside. Inside, Neo took a seat at the counter with an open seat beside him for Ben. Eventually a waiter came by and Neo ordered a ramen bowl.

Akira was so happy to be with his newly evolved pokemon that he did not notice that the caterpie had climbed into his bag. In his excitement, Akira turned to Leafeon, and smiled hugely. He knew that the two had names planned for when Eevee evolved, and now he could use the name that he had picked out for her. "Well looks like we know what name we are going with Jade." With that Jade ran at Akira, who caught Jade in a large hug. This is when he heard Fritz find him along with Amethyst.

Deciding to answer the question that Fritz asked, Akira sat up with Jade as she laid down in his lap. "Well there was a pokemon that I had never seen before, and Jade here helped me. She stood up for the both of us, and I could not be more proud of her. Well actually Jade evolved when she touched that stone over there."

Nurse Joy smiled when she did not overstep into their conversation. "Yes are rooms are free for one night, unless there is an emergency, then they can be extended with no cost to you. Though the price of rooms can be determined by the amount of times spent in the center. For one thing the price to extend your stay should not be that much if any at all. Also most of my cousins would let you work it off as well if you do need to stay longer. None of us like the idea of turning anyone away."

Friedrich looked over to the mossy stone then at Jade. Then back at the stone, then back at Jade ,and then finally one last time he looked at the stone before putting his pen to his journal. Within seconds his hand flew across the page with words spewing across. Words form sentences. Before Friedrich would put his pen away he had written two full paragraphs in regards to the mossy stone ,and the evolution. "Intriguing, Truly fascinating. If I didn't know better I'd say with eevee's unique genetic makeup combined with the properties found within the mossy stone reacting to one another causing a compelling reaction which allowed it the means to evolve" Friedrich said putting his journal away.

"Bulbasaur use Tackle!" Connor told him.

Bulbasaur had a light come around it before it charged headfirst into a Weedle. The Weedle spun it's head an rolled back before using the spike on its head for Poison Sting. Bulbasaur didn't feel much but it still stung it a bit. (See what I did there?)

"Bulbasaur are you okay?" Connor asked him.

Bulbasaur reassured Connor by nodding before it looked back at the Weedle. Then Connor commanded Bulbasaur to finish it off with Tackle and Bulbasaur did so causing the Weedle to faint. "Go Poke--oh...I don't have one. WHAT THE... my orphanage never taught me any bad words... what should I say Bulbasaur?" Connor asked his Bulbasaur. Bulbasaur didn't respond. He was frolicking near the strange flowers when a strange pokemon came out towards them. It attacked causing Bulbasaur to faint.

"BULBASAUR!" Connor screamed.

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
Ben sat next to Neo and also ordered a ramen bowl. He considered ordering extra smaller bowls but pidgey was a bird, caterpie was a bug, Charmander needs to stay away from any and all liquids, and Riolu was still pissed about his food choice.
Speaking of which, the pokemon seemed to be nowhere in sight. Lately he's been getting more adventurous. The journey must be exciting him.
Anyway, while Neo and him waited, they may as well talk a bit.
He asked the first thing that came to his mind "Soooo... how did you and Dahnde meet?"
Wow.... that sounded dumb...

Amethyst tried to be patient as Friedrich examined the stone, but she wasn’t happy. It was so dark she wasn’t sure how he was able to properly write in his notebook. And then she finally admitted it to herself: they wouldn’t be making it out of the forest. She felt a little chill, and she clutched at Ren’s Pokeball. Internally, she was panicking.

‘I’m going to be stuck out here all night. The forest is creepy. I can’t do this. Maybe we could try to get out? No. No. No no no no no...’

She suddenly sat down on the ground. She stared at her feet and held her focus there. She took a deep breath and tried to subdue the feelings of panic that were welling up within her. She didn’t have any supplies, not a tent, not even food. All she had were some of the supplies she had brought for contests, her phone, and some money. None of those would do anything for her out here. And not only was she stuck, but she was stuck with the two boys. All night. She desperately hoped neither of them were looking at her, because she felt that she might begin to cry, and that would be unbearable.

David thanked the nurse for the useful information. Then he turned to Alex. “What do you say?” He could guess what she would say, but he still wanted to make sure they had the same idea. He glanced over at the boy who had offered to take them all to dinner once more. He didn’t seem too bad a sort, even if a little strange to the Unovan boy.

"Nah... No turning around now. Were way to. Far... In the woods" Friedrich said pausing as his fears hit him like a bus. Like a million little needles poking at the back of his neck he felt nervous about being out there. The whole way into the woods Friedrich had been so happy ,and excited about research ,and getting to Pewter City that he had completely forgotten they were in a bug filled forest. Admittedly it could have been worse. They could have been in a forest with hungry wolves or bears. Or vengeful ghosts. Compared to some of the scary things out there Friedrich wasn't completely terrified ,but the beedrill were still a threat none the less.

Friedrich looked around, "We should probably build a campfire soon" Friedrich said. He looked around picking up small branches within the immediate vicinity. Placing them in the shape of a cone he eventually got enough branches where he felt confident enough to sit Vulkan down, "Use ember Vulkan" Friedrich said, "Mag mag!" Vulkan cheered shooting out an ember lighting the campfire. Friedrich made sure to have plenty big and small pieces of firewood to keep the fire going. "Are either of you guys hungry?" Friedrich asked. Friedrich grabbed his bag and began to check if he had any food.

~Meanwhile...~

As time passed Nyoko sat idly staring at her laptop typing away at her blog with Kishima beside her fast asleep. She eventually reached a good stopping point before closing her laptop. She sat it in its case before looking at Kishima. She laid down ,and looked at the stars, "What a night huh buddy?" Nyoko said, A few seconds later Kishima began snoring. Nyoko laid there unamused as she laid there, "You might be a flying type ,but your not a jet plane" Nyoko said. She began to wonder how much further she would have to go before she would reach Pewter City I mean how far could it be right? Nyoko wasn't too hungry ,but she was somewhat thirsty.

She took a sip from her water bottle. As she reached to put it in her bag she saw two eyes looking at her. Kishima was awake ,and no doubt heard her open her water bottle, "What? What are you staring at?? Your thirsty too? fine..." Nyoko said getting a second bottle out ,and giving it to Kishima, "Delli!" Kishima cheered as it drank water drinking the whole bottle, "There... Happy? Ya drank the whole bottle. Just remember. If nature starts calling you find a bush" Nyoko said, "Delli!" Kishima grunted with a look of anger and embarrassment. "Don't look at me like that! Your the one who thought it was cute to chug an entire water bottle before bedtime!" Nyoko said. Kishima sighed before laying back down. "Goodnight Kishima" Nyoko said laying her head down.

Akira was not upset with the thought of being outside for the night. He had always loved the way nature would just surround them. Opening his bag, Akira reached into it, and started to look for his hammock, as it would be a nice night to sleep under the stars. Though as he reached in to pull it out, a pokemon rolled out of the bag, which caused a pokeball to fall out as well. The caterpie was very curious of the round object, and before Akira was able to do anything, the caterpie bopped her nose on the button.

With three clicks, the ball settled it's shaking. Akira was not ready it to happen, so he was not able to stop the bug type from catching itself. "Well that was unexpected. I guess I have a new friend. Anyway where was I," There was a pause before Akira spoke again. "Oh yeah, I wanted to pull out my tent, my dads made me promise to always have one on me just incase something like this happened. I also have a hammock. I will get started on setting it up." He also had another thought of food, so he threw out the ball that contained Willow. "Hey Willow? Do you think you could reach some of those apples for us? They should be a great snack for use until the morning."

The bulbasuar took her time with her vines. By the time Akira had the tent set up, she had a pile of apples and berries that she had found nearby. Jade helped as much as she could, but her vines were not as trained as those of her teammate. Jade settled on gathering rocks and firewood. She set out the rocks around the fire that Vulcan had made, and then placed the firewood over top.

Running.

Connor held Bulbasaur in his arms while he was running. The sun wasn't out to guide them so he just ran as fast as he could. To find a way out of the forest. As he was finally hidden from that...monster he decided that it was time to sleep. With no way of knowing if it was midnight and with no type of bed he brought out the sleeping bag Professor Grace had. He didn't want the Bulbasaur out the Pokeball because he was scared so he just slept with Forest in his arms. With no way of knowing if they would actually make it out alive.

As the others busied themselves in useful tasks, Amethyst continued to sit on the ground. She had almost managed to calm herself, and now she was thinking through what she would do. Her eyes were locked on the newly made campfire, staring at the flaring flames as she thought.

‘I need to find somwhere to sleep... maybe I should go try to find a soft patch of ground without any roots... no, I have to stay here. I just can’t go out there. But... I can’t be out here all night... by I am. You’re stuck here, Amy, so make the best of it. Get up and do something.’

With that she got to her feet. She opened Ren’s Pokéball and released her little companion. He looked around in surprise. Why were they in a forest at nighttime?! He looked up at Amethyst questioningly, for they weren’t often out at night except for walking around well lit streets. Amethyst wasn’t looking at him, though. She was addressing herself quietly to the other two.

“Is there anything that Ren or myself can do?”

Friedrich sat near the fire listening to the fire crackled the wood keeping him warm. Amethyst asked if there were anything her or Ren could do to which Friedrich responded, "Not really much to do. A good place to put the sleeping bags is useful ,but simply staying calm and getting plenty rest should do. I got water bottles in case you guys are thirsty. I got plenty for everyone" Friedrich said sitting a couple water bottles down.

Friedrich took out his second pokéball. Releasing Geister his cubone from his pokéball. "Cubonebone!" Geister cheered before making himself comfy by Friedrich's side. Friedrich took a drink out of his water bottle before offering his pokémon water from seperate bottles. "Nice move with the apples by the way" Friedrich said splitting one in half before offering the halves to his pokémon.

NDB

“Well, it’s nothing too exciting,” Neo said as he scratched Dahde’s head lightly. “I’m originally from Johto. I was born in Goldenrod City and moved to Viridian about eight years ago. When I was younger, I would spend a lot of my free time hanging around the Magnet Train station. You would not believe the types of people that would be there.” Neo chuckled. “But mostly, I was there because Pokémon from all the different regions would step off the train, and I wanted to see as many as possible.”

“Then one day, I spotted this little trouble maker,” Neo playfully glared at his Dedenne. Dahde just squeaked happily and smiled at Neo. “Electric Pokémon have a habit of absorbing electricity from wherever they can, and the magnet train station is just full of it. I spotted Dahde approach an outlet that was in one of the walls of the station. He stared at it for a couple seconds before putting his tail into the socket.”

Their server came back and placed a bowl of ramen in front of Neo and Ben each. Neo thanked him, separated his chopstick and took a bite before continuing his story. “Well, places like that have anticipated that electric Pokémon might try to absorb some of their electricity and put counter measures in place. The moment Dahde tried absorb some of the electricity from the outlet, there was a small pop and he was knocked back. A few people glanced in the direction but no one stopped. I walked over to see if he was all right but scampered away into a hole in one of the walls. I saw that it was peeking out from the hole so I pulled out a berry I had in my bag and set it by the hole and walked back to the spot I had been at where I was watching people come off the train.”

“A few minutes went by when I heard a chirp at my feet. I looked down and the Dedenne was sitting there looking up at me. I figured it it wanted another berry so I pulled out my last one and handed it to him. He took it gleefully and quickly ate it before looking back at me. I shrugged and told him I had no more with me. I had my bag sitting on the seat next to me and he looked at it. He then jumped up on the seat and dig into my bag. I didn’t care. It was just school stuff and homework. Eventually he didn’t come out so I opened my bag and found him napping inside. So I figured I’d take him home with me. My mom was a bit unsure if I should have a Pokémon at that age but my dad said I could as long as I took care of him properly. They helped out of course, and the rest is history.” Neo smiled at Dahde again and scratched his head, eliciting a happy cry from the Pokémon. “So, what’s with you and Riolu?” Neo asked taking a bite of his food. “I noticed something between you two.”

Last edited:
Alex looked at David and gave a small smile at the news of a free meal and bed for the night. It was, well, relieving for her. She looked at Nurse Joy and accepted her Pokemon back. "Thank you, both for healing them up and telling us that useful information." She let Henry out, and the Lilipup immediately started barking at the other Pokemon in the lobby, trying to entice them to play with him. After all, he was still a puppy. Alex sighed and watched Henry, making sure he stayed out of trouble. However, she decided she should also probably talk to David. "You know. He did offer to pay for us as well. Although I don't like asking for help, we can't be stupid about it. Besides, I don't want it to just be us and our Pokemon forever," she said quietly to her friend while keeping one eye on the loveable Lilipup.

David hesitated. His pride didn’t like accepting the boy’s offer of food, but... really, how different was it from the free food from the vending machines that he would gladly take? No, it was just his pride being stupid. And she was right, maybe they could make a friend...
“All right. If you want to, we can go since he offered and we didn’t ask. We should still get something from that vending machine, though. Doesn’t hurt to have extra tomorrow, maybe for breakfast, and then we can get our lunch from there too since it’s a once-per-day thing.”
He looked over at the machine. Since it gave both some human food and some Pokémon food, perhaps they could feed their Pokémon themselves and then eat with the boy. He walked a little closer to the boy and said,
"So... I think we'll accept your offer, actually, as long as you promise to let us pay for your dinner another time. Is that all right by you?"

Akira looked to Amethyst, she looked down and kind of upset, so he done the only thing that he could think of. He had finished up with the tent and hammock. "Well I am just ok with sleeping out here in the forest, but if you do not mind I will change into my pjs in the tent, then if you would like you can sleep in there for the night. I have some extra blankets if you need to make a pallet to sleep on. I do not mind doing it one bit. In fact I insist that you sleep in the tent. Besides you are the only girl here, so it would be only right for you to take the tent, so that you do not worry about sharing a tent with the two of us." Akira did not wait for an answer as he stepped in the tent with his change of clothes. When he was done, he came out wearing a very large shirt that seemed to swallow him, and a pair of soft cotton shorts that were barely seen under the shirt. "The tent is all yours, unless Fritz needs to change."

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
Ben listened to Neo's story receptively. "Wow, that's cool. Dedenne in johto huh? Interesting..." his thoughts were interrupted by Neo's question.
"Oh, me and Riolu? That's a long story. Even I don't know all the details."
"I was about six years old doing...something six-year-olds do in my house. Eventually that something brought me behind the house, were I find Riolu propped up on the wall, with a damaged leg. Kid me, having no sense of self-preservation, raided my house for medicine, berries, and the like to heal him. He didn't appreciate my company at first, so I sorta dropped the medicine near him to avoid getting attacked. He somehow knew how to use the medicine, which is something I find suspicious nowadays. Anyway, after about a week or so, he allowed me too use the medicine directly on him. Eventually I think we started bonding. That is, until a month passed, Riolu ended up leaving the house once he was fully healed."
Ben took a bit of his ramen, appearing as if musing something.
"I looked all around town for him. When I found him, he was under attack by some trainer. Riolu seemed really angry and afraid about this man, so naturally I started yelling at him to leave Riolu alone. He got mad for some reason, and sent his Emboar to attack me. I'm still not sure why, but riolu took the full brunt of the attack. He was knocked out immediately. After that, the trainer seemed to change his mind. He dropped a pokeball, told me to take good care of riolu, and left. Never saw him again."
Now looking nostalgic, Ben started speaking in a jollier tone. He was eating at a faster pace as well.
"After that, Riolu became my pokemon. Well, technically my mom's as I was too young to legally own pokemon, but we spent most of our time together. We were inseparable. Eventually I became a trainer legally at ten, Riolu became my pokemon, and we went to ranger school for a year. And here we are now, walking the first steps on our journey, and we couldn't be less prepared. Still, I wonder about his past. Why was he hurt? How is he so aware of human technology? Did he have a trainer before me? How did he end up at my house? Better yet, why is he even in kanto? Riolu aren't native here."
After he finished his story, Riolu dropped in from seemingly nowhere, and sat on the table, he gave a stern glare at Ben's questions.
Ben grinned "Don't let his overly stoic attitude fool you. We may argue a lot, but riolu has risked his safety more than once for me, and he's very compassionate under that cold exterior."
Riolu crossed his arms in an attempt to look stern, although he looked rather embarrassed instead.
Ben realized he had finished his meal. He opened his wallet and counted his money. He had enough for both meals, but he would be left with a pathetic amount if he paid for both.
"Um, splitsies?" he asked awkwardly.

Last edited:
Amethyst looked up at him, fully surprised. 'Why? Why would he do that for me? We hardly know each other. I mean, it's very gentlemanly of him, but I don't see any reason he'd want or mean to...' She stared at him, partly confused, partly grateful. "... Merci, but are you sure? I am certain I can sleep out..." She looked at both her companions. Perhaps a night in the forest wasn't going to be quite as bad as she feared. She slowly picked up and opened a water bottle, once again staring at the fire. She took a brief sip, and then remembered that she should let out Ren. She took out his Pokeball and released him, and he instantly sat up prettily with ears twitching to take in the sounds of a nighttime forest and the crackling from the campfire. His tail wagged slowly, and he turned his head to look at his trainer. She reached out and pet him, and handed him a berry. Then he walked over to the fire and curled up within a few inches of it, yawned, and began eating the berry.

"I would like to change real quick please?" Friedrich said quickly changing in the tent. He came out with a T-shirt on that said "I'm so HOT I'm COOL" as well as sleeping pants that had neon green flames going up and down them. He headed back to his bag pulling out a blanket, "I got my flame resistant blanket right here" Friedrich said grinning holding up a red blanket that said "Red hot" written all over it with pictures of various fire type pokémon on it. "Oh and thanks for letting me use your tent to change and all" Friedrich said. He sat there with Vulkan and Geister who were already lying next to his sleeping bag fast asleep, "I'm fine sleeping down here" Friedrich said crawling into his sleeping bag. Friedrich didn't mind the lumpy ground. He was comfy and had no reason to want to move any.

Connor woke up with Bulbasaur in his arms and got some food for both of them. He didn't know how to cook and he didn't have a microwave so he was glad he had some Granola Bars as well as hot pockets. He decided to give Bulbasaur some Grass to eat. Bulbasaur refused to eat anything else because it 'wasn't as tasty as grass.' Afterwards, Connor was eating his Granola Bar until a pokemon took it.

"That's my food! Bulbasaur let's go after it!" Connor yelled.

Bulbasaur did so and ran towards the Pidgey while Connor took out his Pokedex.

"Pidgey the Tiny Bird Pokemon. A Normal and Flying Type. A common sight in forests and woods. It flaps its wings at ground level to kick up blinding sand."

"Bulbasaur let's start this off with a Tackle!" Connor commanded. Bulbasaur ran and hit the Pidgey in the face, causing Pidgey to use a gust. Bulbasaur got hit with the Super effective gust and fell back from the sheer power. "Are you okay!?" Connor asked running towards the Bulbasaur. Bulbasaur got up and brushed it off before running into it so hard it flew into a tree and was knocked out.

"We did it! But that Pidgey can have that granola bar. I really don't want it. Its nasty drool is all on it anyways," Connor sighed.

"I am just glad that I could make your stay in the forest a little bit brighter. I know that it was kind of my fault that we are here now, but think of all the things that we will see in the morning. It will be just like waking up in a dream. In the morning it will be better to find our way out of the forest. I am sure we would all rather stay in the pokecenter next time, but just think of the next time we are out in nature like this." Akira walked over to the hammock, and got in. As soon as his head was nestled into place, Akira was fast asleep. It seemed that the blond haired boy loved to sleep out under the stars.

Friedrich laid there silently. Looking up at the wind rustle the tree branches overhead. With the day finally coming close to its end it would soon be time for Friedrich to close his eyes and go to sleep. Perfect time for bug pokémon to come out and attack the sleeping campers. Or worse. Someone with nefarious intent to come steal their belongings. Friedrich was downright terrified to the thought of something bad happening while he slept. So much so that he was too terrified to turn his head ,and look around. He eventually mustered enough strength to sit up straight and tall so he could look around. To his comfort the only people he could see within eye sight were Akira and Amethyst.

Friedrich was relieved ,but he was no less nervous as he still assumed anyone could be hiding behind any tree in the woods. Any pokémon could be in the trees. Friedrich did not want to sit back up and look around only to see the silhouette of a person moving or a pokémon in a tree watching them patiently waiting for them to sleep. Friedrich looked towards Vulkan and Geister who seemed rather comfortable and happy as they sat next to him. Friedrich still looking up at the trees as he glanced over to the others through his peripherals, "Got any plans for when we reach Pewter City? There's a exhibit being opened at the Pewter City Museum real soon. It's been quite popular in the news. Either of you interested?" Friedrich asked.

Amethyst yawned. She was about to head to bed in a few minutes, but she stayed long enough to answer the question. “Perhaps we will go. Tomorrow will tell.” Then she got up, called Ren to heel, and entered the tent. She once again thought about Akira’s generous act in giving her the use of the tent, reminded herself to thank him again in the morning, and settled back to try it out. It was nice, really, but to her it seemed rather uncomfortable. It was better than sleeping on the grass, though, so she quickly changed into a sleeping gown and settled down again. Ren curled up and near her armpit, and after a while sitting and listening to the noises of the fire and the calls of Hoothoot somewhere off in the woods, soon they were both asleep.

Back in Viridian, the small group ate dinner. It was pleasant enough, from David’s point of view. The food was pretty good, the aesthetic was nice, and they had a good chat. However, once they were done, David decided it was time to go to sleep. He walked back to the Pokecenter, checked in with the nurse on duty to see about rooms again, and was given a set of keys. After being told to return them in the morning when he left, he went over to the vending machine and got some food from there. Then he climbed the stairs to the second floor, found his room, entered, and crashed onto the bed. He stared at the ceiling for a few minutes, thinking. It had been such an eventful day. First the excitement of going into the airport in the morning back in Unova, then the flight, then arriving here in Kanto in the afternoon. Then meeting Sera and going to the lab by an exhilarating ride on a Pokémon, receiving a starting kit from the professors, walking back to Viridian and catching his first Pokémon along the way. All in all, not a bad day.

NDB

Neo listened to Ben’s story with undivided attention. He frowned at the parts that bothered him and smiled at the happy parts. As he listened, he continued to eat his food. He didn’t realize until after Ben finished that he had eaten all his food. He chuckled when Ben’s Riolu reappeared with the stern look. When the check came for the food, Neo looked at it and shook his head in response to Ben’s question. “Don’t worry about,” he said as he pulled out some money from his jacket pocket. “I got this one covered.” He places the money for both meals and a tip on the counter and stood up, stretching. “We should probably head back to the Pokémon center before the rooms fill up.”

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
Ben sighed in relief when Neo paid for everything, although he couldn't help but feel guilty. He would have to do some pokejobs someday to raise money.
Anyway, that wasn't his main concern. Neo was right, they should get a move on before the center fills. Ben stood up as well. "Yep, I don't think I have the urge to sleep on a bench today." he said. He didn't really have vital camping gear, another reason to raise some money.
Riolu jumped on his shoulder, still looking slightly miffed at Ben telling their story. Ben reached into his pocket and took out his trainer card.
"Good, it's still there. Let's get a move one shall we?"

It had been a peaceful night for the young coordinator. Akira had slept very well given that he fell asleep as soon as his hit the pillow. The thing was that Akira was a very sound sleeper, that he did not notice that Jade had climbed up into the hammock with him in the middle of the night. She weighed a bit more then she did when she was an eevee, but it was still nice to find her asleep in the same place, as he loved the nights he would wake up and find her in the bed with him.

With a long stretch, Akira was the first one up in their group. It did not bother Akira that he was up at basically sunrise, as this was his normal wake up time anyways. Setting about his normal wake up routine, Akira set about some stretches that were very dance based, and looked to be very complicated for someone who did not know how to do them. In his morning run, Akira was able to find the path back to the main road, and even found the exit of the forest. He did find it a little funny that they were so close, yet did not know it. He hoped the others would find it just as amusing. On his way back to camp, Akira found a few different fruits for breakfast.

Once back at camp, Akira set about making a fire, it did not take him long to get the one from previous night ablaze again. When that was done, he set about cooking some of the berries that he found. He ended up making a berry soup for breakfast. It was a very chunky looking soup that had bits of roasted apples and other things that were found in the forest. Akira even had time to make fresh biscuits to soak up the broth of the soup. The hoped that his friends would not sleep the morning away, as he was really itching to get to Pewter city.

Friedrich had slept comfortably the night prior. He did not appreciate the dream he had of himself running from a bunch of spinarak and ariados ,but he woke up to a fairly dark morning as the sun had yet to rise. Friedrich sat against a nearby tree as he watched the sun rise. Friedrich saw Akira rekindle the campfire. It would seem he was cooking breakfast. It smelled nice.

Friedrich didn't stock up much on food as he didn't have any means of refrigerating it. Friedrich did appreciate the effort Akira was putting in cooking. "Very nice. A coordinator and a cook" Friedrich thought to himself, "mornin. A nice day today" Friedrich said rubbing his eyes. He looked at his pokémon still fast asleep.His cubone Geister was tossing and turning something fierce. Friedrich decided to carry him before lifting his bag, "Don't got much in the way of cooking ingredients, but I got water bottles to go along with it" Friedrich said placing his bag down ,and using his free arm to unzip his bag. He pulled out several water bottles placing them down neatly standing up. Friedrich sat near the fire. Nice and toasty. A great way to start off the morning.

~Meanwhile...~

Nyoko laid there with one hand on her cell phone and the other by her side. Her delibird Kishima laid on her back with her foot firmly planted against side of Nyoko's face. Nyoko eventually opened her eyes. Slowly but surely and within moments she noticed a somewhat poor smell to her surprise and unamusment. Kishima was still fast asleep snoring like she did the night prior. Nyoko washed her face, Got dressed ,and took out a small individual serving of cereal and as she began peeling away at the seal Kishima's eyes shot open and within an instance Kishima bursted with joy to the sound of breakfast, "delli! Deli!" Kishima cheered before staring at Nyoko with the most adorable innocent look she could muster. Nyoko seen this look many times and was immune to its effects.

Nyoko looked blankly at Kishima as she ate her cereal straight from the package. Nyoko smirked to Kishima's slight annoyance before Nyoko poured Kishima some pokéfood to which all was right in the world again according to Kishima. "When have I ever not fed you? Your like a child you know that???" Nyoko said. Kishima mumbled to herself as she ate too embarrassed to respond. Nyoko stood up letting her hair down which dropped all the way to the back of her knees. She quickly lifted it up hastily binding it woul with a different scrunchy which messily sagged down. She looked around to which she couldn't find her scrunchy she placed down previously. She looked over and saw it resting on Kishima's head as she ate. She quickly put it in her bag.

Nyoko had heard the cutest yawn she ever heard. She turned her head nearly forgetting her vanillite, Banir. "Wakey wakey frosted flakey. Took ya long enough sleepy head" Nyoko said grinning as wide as she could. Banir quietly looked around before cheering excitedly as Nyoko gave him pokéfood. Nyoko continued eating her cereal and watching her pokémon eat. Nyoko quickly whipped her camera camera snapping a picture. With an a instance a bright light flash shot from her camera causing her pokémon to blink. Her pokémon were accustomed to her surprise photos and resumed eating.

Nyoko got her laptop out and got on her blog, "The Too Cool Blog" where she began typing away documenting her time in Kanto so far. From her landing at the airport, to visiting Professor Grace ,and camping in the Viridian Forest. "Ice cool!" Nyoko said cracking her knuckles before adding some finishing details on her blog.

Amethyst came out of the tent, dressed in a pastel purple dress and with hair that looked like a Rattata's nest. She looked like she hadn't slept particularly well. Ren, however, came out of the tent pristine and fully groomed. Amethyst looked around for a moment and then stepped away from the tent, stretched, and bent down to pet Ren.
"Morning."
She said to the others as she stroked her Pokemon's ears. The Fenniken clearly enjoyed it, but after a moment of sitting still for the petting he trotted off. He had already sat through his morning brushing, and he didn't need any more attention from Amethyst just then. He trotted over to the rekindled fire, glanced up at Akira, and then blew an Ember onto the fire. Then he bounded off to say good morning to the other Pokemon who were out and about in the camp. Meanwhile, Amethyst looked at the breakfast that was being prepared, sniffed a little, and then moved back. She didn't think it looked the most appealing, but she was hungry enough that she was sure it would taste good.

Meanwhile, David woke up in the Pokemon Center. First thing, he let out his Pokemon. Puff immediately flew up to her favorite perch, (David's head), Helm stared at him, and the Rattata quickly looked around, squeaked, and scampered under the bed. David called out to the frightened Pokemon.
"Rattata, it's all right! We're in the Pokemon Center, there's nothing to be scared of.”
The Rattata didn’t come out immediately. David had to wait a minute or two before he saw the nose of the Pokémon poke out from under the bed. By this point, David had begun to open the Pokémon food he had left over from the stuff out of the vending machine. He split it in half. The vending machine only have standard, one-taste-fits-all Pokémon food, enough for one meal for a full team of six Pokémon. He had fed his own team a portion each the night before, and now he was giving them a half portion for breakfast. That way he had some for later, if they needed it. Rattata came out fully from under the bed when it saw the food, but it seemed nervous in the room.
Once his team had finished eating, David sat on the bed for a few minutes. He wasn’t sure what Alex was up to, so he decided to wait a few minutes. While he sat, he decided to pick a name for Rattata.
“What should we call you, buddy?”
“Ra?”
“Hm... I think I’ll call you Chip. You like that name?”
“Ta ta!”
“Good, I’m glad you like it.”

Akira smiled as the two got up from their slumber. It seemed that only one of companions was a morning person like he was. His smile grew more as the mention of the nice conditions of the day. "Yes it is nice out. I have been up for a bit now. Took a bit of a run out in the forest, you know that we were not far from the entrance of Pewter City gate, though as dark as it was last night, I doubt we would have been able to have found it without the light that comes through the canopy above us." Akira gestured to the food that he had finished as he spoke to the two. "Help yourselves to something to eat. I made what I could with what I had. I also whipped up some biscuits to go along with the soup. It should be really good to soak up the broth from the berry soup. I hope you do not mind that I made a vegetarian dish, as I do not really eat meat." Akira dished out his food into one of the bowls he had set out for the group to use. "Also I have some food for your pokemon as well. It will be in the jars beside your guys packs. Mine have already eaten their share this morning."

"Ice Cool huh, it's all cold here. Especially since my life sucks." Connor said, showing Bulbasaur Nyoko's blogs.

Connor continued past the Viridian Forest until he came back where he came from. He realized that he walked in a circle and he didn't even know how. It all seemed like a straight line. He tried to go on a map but the map only told him where Viridian City was, not in the direction to go. With nowhere to go, he went off of instinct. He walked too and fro until he came across a trainer.

"A trainer that's it! The trainer can tell me where to go!" Connor thought.

Connor walked towards the trainer but the trainer left and Connor wasn't one to shout. With his Bulbasaur in his arms, he walked along the path the trainer followed. Hoping the trainer wasn't lost like he was.