• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokemon World Journey (RP Thread)

Sera smiled. "Well then! Let's go to the lab!" Alex made the cuckoo sign and pointed at Sera after she turned to go to the exit facing the direction of Pallet town. Alex followed after a bit, senseing that this person probably knew much more about Pokemon then she did. When they exited the building, Sera stopped. "So, we'll be riding on Sparky here!" She ruffled up the Luxray's mane, earning pleased growl from the lion-like Pokemon. Alex looked apprehensive about it and Sera chuckled at this, knowing that her precious starter would do anything to harm people, unless they harmed her. "Don't worry! Sparky is a real sweetie!" Alex still was unsure.

David looked just as unsure as Alex. He believed that the Luxray was friendly, but he doubted that it would be able to carry all three of them. He decided to say as much.

“D’you really think we’d all be able to ride at once, though...?”

He hesitated. He wanted to let out his Pokémon now that they were out of the airport, but if they were about to travel by Luxray....

Amethyst glanced down to see a Zorua circling Ren in a friendly manner. Her partner’s tail was wagging happily, and his front legs went out in a classic canine ‘let’s play!’ gesture. Amethyst smiled, glad to see that at least one of them was having fun with a new friend.

Amethyst looked up from the two Pokémon to see the Zorua’s trainer. After only half an instant’s hesitation, she spoke out loud for the first time since entering the lab, and her Kalosian accent shone through, mild but distinct.

“Yes, zat is Ren, my partner Pokémon. My name is Amethyst.”

Ren jumped to one side, waited for her new friend to follow, and then ran off. It was a game of tag. It was easy to spot Ren as he ran around, with his yellow and red coloring.

Once he trekked through a decent portion of the grassy path he decided to take a detour through the shrubbery to work on June's battling. He found a small clearing in the tall grass in which there was also a lone pidgey pecking seeds. Dante stealthily took out June from her pokeball and quietly instructed her to ambush the tiny bird with an ember. She gave a nod and, despite intensely wagging her tail with excitement, crept up behind the pidgey, charging up a slew of flames in her mouth. She then leaped forward and barked to release a close quarter's ember on the pidgeys backed. The bird shrieked and tumbled forward into the tall grass from the impact. "All right nice going!" Dante praised his Houndour thinking that he had knocked out the pidgey in one hit. He was mistaken when he saw it rise above the ground, flying in place staring at Houndour angrily to fight back. "What? Well what are you waiting for, June? Ember it again!" He yelled, annoyed.

June spewed another small set of flames towards the pidgey, but it got blown away as the pidgey retaliated with a gust attack by viciously flapping its wings. It created a small vortex of wind which lifted June up and forced her to fall onto the ground. The Pidgey took this opportunity to flee as June tried her best to stand back up. Dante was bitter and disappointed in his pokemon's failure, "What was that? You couldn't even defeat a small pidgey!?" June looked at Dante with pouty eyes as she whimpered to his words. Dante stopped upon seeing that he was being too aggressive to his pokemon. "I-I'm sorry. But we do gotta work on your ember attack. Maybe we could try just using it on grass and trees and stuff but I don't want the flames to get too out of hand. What we need is a water type!" Dante exclaimed, rushing to the nearest pond he could find.

He finally found a small pond of water in a wide grassy field. He looked closely to see if he could find any pokemon within the water. At first glance all he could find was a magikarp, which was disappointing. But upon further inspection he found a poliwag resting in the shallow end on the opposite edge. He thought for a moment about how to engage it. He knew June wouldn't stand a chance in the water, and he would need to ensure that if he brought the Poliwag to land, it couldn't escape. He then came to a clever epiphany and grinned to himself. He took June and hid behind a tree rustling through his bag. He took out a bag of pokemon treats to which June's face lit up. "No, not for you. Sit!" He whispered in a disciplining manner. "It's so we can get catch this Poliwag. If we do then I'll give you a treat." June complied and watched as Dante chucked a pokemon treat in the shallow end of the pond. The Poliwag freaked out for a bit and looked around only to find no one, it ate the treat and slowly crept up to the land where Dante had thrown another treat. Dante then quickly ran out of hiding and sprinted towards the tadpole pokemon with a pokeball in hand, Poliwag freaked out and tried to jump back into the water, but was too slow as the pokeball Dante threw already made contact and enveloped it inside. Dante then ran to the pokeball which began to shake and picked it up and chucked it as far as he could away from the pond. "June! Fetch!" His houndour sprinted into action towards the hurdled pokeball with poliwag inside. June was able to catch the ball in her mouth after a couple of shakes of the pokeball and felt proud of herself, and was definitely caught off guards to hear Dante scream, "Drop it!" until it was too late, the Poliwag broke out, pushing June back, and, seeing that there was no body of water to escape in, had no choice but to fight!

Zorua immediately ran after the Fennekin in an attempt to tag him and immediately run afterwards. "I'm not particularly good with names so... that's just Zorua, you can call me Tony." Tony said nonchalantly with a look of boredom on his face. "Just your average everyday Pokemon trainer." He added as he looked around to see who else was at the lab aside from Grace Oak.

Sera chuckled as Sparky growled at David a bit. "I'm pretty sure Sparky can handle it. Normally Lass, my Nidoran, is also on me and I'm carrying way more than I should in my bag." She stroke the Luxury's muzzle and he closed his eyes. "Besides, he has a good amount of pride, please don't hurt it. The poor thing gets super fussy if that does happen," she loudly whispered. Although Alex didn't fully believe the Luxray could carry all of them, she didn't want to show this. She was going to become a powerful trainer! She climbed onto the back of the Luxray and Sera joined right after. There was just enough room for one more person and Sparky didn't seem too affected by the weight. Of course, Sera didn't have as much on her.

Amethyst nodded. She thought the introductions were going well. She normally wasn't one to talk to those she didn't know very well, but this wasn't a normal situation for her either.

"It is nice to meet you, Tony. Your Zorua seems very nice, as well."

Ren glanced over his shoulder to see Zorua leaping directly for him. With reflexes honed from performances, Ren spun and wheel just out of the way and set off in a different direction. It had been a close call, though, and Ren was loving every second of the chase.

David rubbed his neck. He felt a bid bad for his unintentional insult to the proud Luxray, and it showed. He still had his doubts, but he made himself climb up behind Alex. He gave Sparky a gentle stroke. The fur felt nice to him, though he wasn't an expert on what Pokemon felt like and couldn't compare it to many other species. With a sudden thought, he paused and called up to the front.

"Should I hold on to something?"

Friedrich always enjoyed his time in Viridian City. It wasn't a big bustling city with fancy tourist attractions like Saffron City or Fuchsia City which often led to the small city often times being overlooked as small or boring. Friedrich still liked the place as it was a nice quiet scenery surrounded by beautiful forests and had many friendly people who were friendly enough to say "Hello" or "How are you?". Even though Friedrich had no intention in going to the indigo plateau he still enjoyed seeing the road that led up to it as well as looking beyond the trees and hillsides ,and seeing Mt. Silver.

Friedrich decided he would head back to route 1 to take one last look at Pallet Town and the ocean that led to Cinnabar Island one last time before reluctantly heading to the Viridian Forest.

On his way down route 1 the first thing he noticed was a trainer with a bulbasaur. How did Friedrich not see this? He didn't immediately recognize the trainer ,but he was surprised to see it was the same trainer that had the eevee from the pokélab back in Pallet Town. Friedrich was completely taken by surprise as he saw the pokémon use attacks in an almost majestic sort of way. If Friedrich didn't know better he had accidentally found a fellow coordinator training their pokémon. It's form looked decent. Stood silently watching with excitement as he didn't have a lot of coordinating experience so watching seemed like a opportunity to take some inspiration. Friedrich enjoyed coordinating with Vulkan and Geister ,but he didn't participate in contests often as his stage fright was horrendous.

There was also the off shoot chance that he wasn't a coordinator and was just a trainer training techniques to use in pokébattles without having to needlessly battle wild pokémon or run around looking for trainers to battle.

Friedrich had absolutely no intention in awkwardly asking if they were a coordinator ,and before he could walk towards Pallet Town Vulkan did the unexpected leaping from Friedrich's arms and began running forward, "Mag mag mag, magby!" Vulkan cheered. "Noooo! Vulkan get back here! This is not part of the plan! Vulkaaaan! please stop!" Friedrich whispered. It was obvious he had to catch it. Friedrich ran over scooping up Vulkan, "Haha! My bad. Don't mind this little guy I was just about to head on my way. By the way nice techniques. Your bulbasaur has a nice flare to its move there" Friedrich said.

"Just Alex needs to hold on to me and David, you need to hold on to Alex," Sera said right before Sparky bounded off to route one and sped down to the lab in Pallet Town, dodging trainers at what seemed to be the last minute. Barely any time seemed to past to Alex. Her chopped hair waved behind her as the Luxray was flying (not literally, just very fast...) through route one. The Luxray slowed down once they were at the lab, and Sera slid off, soon followed by Alex. "Thanks," Alex said to the researcher as she followed Sera into the lab.
Sera waved her hand. "No probl-WHAT HAPPENED!" The researcher's eyes grew wide as she looked around the lab, Sparky giving a whine.

"Make the first move hit it with an Ember!" Dante commanded. June quickly sprayed the poliwag with a concentrated array of tiny flames which struck its body. It caused the poliwag to wince, but didn't do any significant damage as it wasn't very effective. Poliwag then proceeded to fire back with water gun which pushed June with enough force to push her to the ground, she began to whimper from the damage she took but got back up as to not disappoint Dante who was beginning to feel nervous that he might lose. "Fire back another Ember!" He exclaimed desperately. June had to concentrate even harder and took even longer to charge up her flames which gave Polwag an opportunity to utilize Water Sport, soaking itself in a protective coat of water. Poliwag didn't even flinch this time as the ember struck its body to seemingly no effect. It began to swish water in its mouth to finish things off with a water gun, Dante had to change his strategy or he would lose this opportunity!

"Run towards it and jump on its head!" He yelled. June was a bit confused at the order for a brief moment but put her faith in her trainer and ran towards the poliwag. Just as the water gun sprayed forward she leaped up to dodge it and pounched on the little Poliwag's head which knocked it face down, creating a puddle with the water gun. Dante spotted a nearby tree and got an idea. "Grab it by the tail and run into the tree!" June didn't even hesitate to firmly grasp the tadpole's tail with her mouth before running towards the right of the tree, poliwag struggled to face June to land a water gun and erratically spurted water everywhere before slamming its face into the trunk of the sturdy tree. June heaved heavily with all the work it took to drag the poliwag, and in addition to all the water that happened to spray on her, she couldn't help but fall on her side; too fatigued to keep battling. It was now or never, once more Dante hurled a pokeball towards the poliwag as it struggled to get back on its feet. It enveloped the tadpole pokemon with a red glare and began to shake. one....two....three...…...Click! Dante exhaled a sigh of relief upon his first catch and pocketed Poliwag's pokeball in addition to recalling June. He wanted to get straight into training but knew that both of them were too weak from the battle and needed to go to a pokemon center. He made haste and arrived at the Viridian city pokemon center to drop off his pokemon to nurse Joy. He decided to grab a lemonade from a vending machine and sat down at the lobby as he waited for them to heal up.

Zorua growled in frustration, but used it to run faster and catch up with Ren, the moment she poked him, she immediately ran in the opposite direction. "Thanks, she's the reason I'm journeying." Tony replied as he watched the two foxes play together and sipped the last of his drink, afterward he successfully threw his empty cup into a nearby trash can. Zorua noticed it and gave a bark in congratulations, briefly she forgot why she ran.

David hardly had time to see Route One as they passed through at a surprising speed. He got a good look at part of Pallet Town as they dismounted though. He took his queue from Alex, and politely thanked Sera and Sparky for the ride. Then heard Sera's exclamation, and he noticed that the lab looked a bit... off. It looked more damaged than he would have expected from such a famous research facility. Something was wrong. He reached for a Pokeball on his belt, and held it ready.

Amethyst nodded again. She was a little impressed by his throw of the cup. She doubted she would be able to make that shot. She didn't show her thought beyond her expression, though. Her eyes went back to Ren, who had just been tagged on the tail. The little fire fox whipped around and gave chase to Zorua, but stopped in surprise when he saw her halt. His butt dropped and his head tilted. Amethyst gave a small chuckle, amused at their play.

NDB

Previously BartenderReaper
Neo watched Dante with an amused expression as the trainer claimed his Pokeballs and put his Pokemon into one of them before he left the Pokemon lab. He chuckled and took a few of the Pokeballs the professor had offered to the group. "Thank you very much Professor for the Pokedex, the Pokebox and the Pokeballs," Neo said, smiling and giving her a quick bow of thanks. "I'll make sure to put them to excellent use." "De ne ne!" Dahde exclaimed cheerfully in agreement from atop its trainer's head. He left the lab and made his way to Route 1. Once on the route, he noticed some of the other trainers he saw at the professor's lab, one of them riding atop a Luxray as it zoomed through Route 1. He barely had enough time to scan it with his Pokedex, adding its data to the small device. Neo saw many Pokemon along Route 1, but none really captured his fancy. He didn't look down on any Pokemon, as they each had their own strengths and weaknesses, but he needed some to compliment his two electric types. Maybe he'd be lucky enough to find one before the Pewter City.

Eventually, Neo made his way through Route 1 and back to Viridian City. He made a quick stop at his house to grab his black messenger bag and slipped his Pokebox device inside along with a few potions he had laying on his desk. He informed his mother about his plans to travel the Kanto Region and she wished him luck and told him to check in every now and then. Neo hugged his mom and left his house. He decided to make a quick stop at the Pokemon Center to have Nurse Joy give his Dedenne and Elekid a quick check up before embarking on his journey. He entered the center and approached the counter. "Hey Nurse Joy," he greeted as he placed Dahde's Pokeball on the counter next to Volt, who was still inside his Pokeball. Dahde hopped off of Neo's head and landed on the counter. Nurse Joy turned around and smiled when she saw Neo. "Hi Neo," she replied and walked over, scratching Dahde on his head. Dahde chirped happily. "What brings you in today?"

"Well, I'm about to head off and explore Kanto, challenge the gyms and all that fun stuff," he answered, leaning back casually on the counter and looking around the center. He saw the trainer who, at the professor's lab, had the Houndour. He stood up off the counter. "I just wanted Dahde and Volt to get a quick check up before we head out on our journey."

"Of course," Nurse Joy smiled at Neo before turning to Dahde. "You know the drill, Dahde." Dahde turned to its Pokeball and pressed the button, recalling itself to the Pokeball. "It shouldn't be too long. I'll call you when they are ready."

"Thanks," Neo said with a smile. He left the counter and walked over to the vending machine. He scanned to options before choosing a bottle of soda pop and walking over to the lobby. He sat down on one of the couches near the other trainer (Dante). "So, a Houndour," Neo said to the other trainer. "Don't see many of those around Kanto. Did you get it in Johto?"

Dante was taken aback by the fact that someone was willingly making a conversation with him, it didn’t deter him from changing his attitude towards others, however, as he turned his frowning face towards Neo before answering his question. “What’s it to you? Yes, I found it in Johto, too bad you can’t get one!” He mocked arrogantly before taking another sip from his lemonade.

With a smile, Akira looked towards the guy who spoke to him. "Thanks. I am working on a routine with Willow here. She is a new member of my team, and I want to get her up to standard with eevee. The names Akira Love by the way."

As ninetails was putting things away, she heard a commotion in the lab. It turned out to be Sera. With a readied sign, she walked out of the lab and handed it to the shiny researcher. The sign read-

"Sera, the lab was broken into last night. If you are reading this then I am in the building dealing with something. I have sent out the portable PCs that we were working on with a group of trainers. I want them to have the best chance to keep their pokemon safe. If you come to me, I will give you more details."

Last edited:

NDB

Neo kept a straight face in response to the trainer's reply, not reacting negatively or positively. He popped the top of his soda pop, carbonation escaping the container, and took a quick swig of the citrus drink. "Just found it curious is all," Neo said shrugging. "I mean, I can't really say much as I have a Dedenne, but hey, to each their own." Neo pulled out his Pokedex and shuffled through the Pokemon entries. "As for me not getting one, I'm not too phased by that. I don't think it would compliment my other Pokemon. I think a water or grass type would be more helpful for me." He put his Pokedex back in his jacket and took another sip of his soda. He kicked his feet up onto the coffee table in front of the couch. "Why'd you answer the professor's call for help?"

"Seems like Zorua's taken a liking to Ren over there, maybe because they're of a similar canine like species or something." Tony said as he put his hands in the pockets of his coat. "Just goes to wonder that there are so many Pokemon in this world that there are bound to be some similar ones every now and then." He said before he looked around. Meanwhile, Zorua returned to her run and decided to try and hide behind some of the Pokemon, one of which happened to be a Luxray.

Sera was obviously not happy. Without a word, she followed the Ninetails. Alex, however, stood back. She suddenly felt like she was intruding. She sighed as she watched Sera follow the Ninetails with Sparky following her. Although Sera invited them to the lab, no one else invited her and her friend. She was unsure how much power Sera had within the lab. Heck! She didn't even know anything else about her.

Amethyst agreed with him.
"Yes, they do seem to like playing wiz each other."
She lapsed into silence again. She was wondering what she would do now. She knew she would have to call her mother soon, and that was not a prospect the girl looked forward to. Her mother's disappointment with her was always painful, in more ways than one. But perhaps she could... perhaps...

David waited outside with Alex. He didn't really want to go inside, yet, either. With Sera, it seemed easy to go with her, but now that she had gone in in such distress, it felt like being around when your friend finds out that their mom got sick, or something like that. He still held a Pokeball in his hand, but he didn't let his partner out just yet.

"Routine?? So you are a coordinator too aren't you? Oh. I didn't introduce myself. I'm Friedrich. Friedrich Larch, but my friends just call me Fritz for short" Friedrich said. Friedrich took a few steps back, "Don't mind me I was just watching. I assumed this would be a good opportunity for Vulkan to see others pokemon perform" Friedrich added as he didn't want to needlessly interrupt Akira's training.

Friedrich enjoyed coordinating though as it was one of the few things he wasn't nervous about. Now if he could just get over his overwhelming stage fright he might actually be able to perform at contests more often.

Last edited:
Dante stopped to think about Neo's last question. "I-.." He couldn't let him know his true motives. He retained his arrogant demeanor and replied, "It's a no brainer! It was an opportunity to get free supplies for being a trainer! You think I care about the professor or something?" He laughed mockingly. He went to go pick up his pokemon from Nurse Joy. "I'm out of here." He declared as he left towards route 22.

NDB

“Whatever your motive is,” Neo called out to Dante as he left. “I’m pretty sure it’s more meaningful than that.” He took a sip of his soda. “And mine,” he muttered to himself.

“Hey, wassup?” he heard someone say. Neo looked up saw another trainer he remembered seeing at the professor’s lab. “Oh, hello,” Neo responded with a smile. He saw a Riolu hop off the trainer’s shoulder. “Sorry, buddy,” Neo said to the Pokémon. “My partners are with Nurse Joy at the moment.”

Neo stood up and stretched his arms above his head before extended a hand out to the trainer. “Name’s Neo Steele,” he said, introducing himself to the trainer.

"Oh I do not mind you watching. This is actaully Willow's first time practicing for anything for a contest. She will be great once we work out of the details in her moves. I want her to be the best she can be." Akira spoke in a very hyper way. He loved to perform, and it showed in how he almost bounced as he spoke. Turning to Willow, he addressed her. "Next time you try that move, I want you to try and move while doing it. If you can then great, if not then it will be ok."

Grace saw that Sera had walked in, she knew that she need to speak to her. Grace spoke to the boy she was helping. "I am sorry I will be with you in a moment. I need to speak with my co-worker for a moment." With that she walked over to Sera, and greeted her with a hug. "It is good to see you back Sera. Come we need to talk, do you mind if we talk while I help with a young trainer?"

Friedrich was happy Akira had no objections to him watching as this way Vulkan could watch ,and possibly learn a thing or two. Friedrich looked down at his magby with delight as seeing his bulbasaur move around gave him an idea of what he would do at the next contest. Provided he had the confidence to attend one. It's not like it was his first time to participate in a contest after all yet despite his experience he still worried something bad would happen. Friedrich managed to hide this fear behind a friendly carefree mask.

Sera accepted the hug from Professor Grace. "Of course! I actually brought two more trainers to you." She glanced behind her to introduce the two and only saw her Luxray. She gave a slightly irritated sigh. "Ok, they're around here. I met them at the airport. One of them is completely clueless!" She rummaged through her bag, trying to find her Nidoran's Pokball as she spoke. "Aha!" She exclaimed once she found her Pokeball. "There you are Lass." She moved a Quickball out of the way as she brought out her normal-looking Pokeball. She opened it and a tiny, light purple Nidoran popped out. She gave a yawn before giving herself a shake. "Lass, I have two trainers around here, can you lead them to me?" The bunny-like Pokemon gave an eager nod and ran to find them as Sera followed Grace.

Alex saw a purple Nidoran walk up to her and paw her leg. She thought the little guy was extremely cute, so she followed it. The Nidoran led her into the lab and straight to Sera and one other person. She didn't want to interrupt thier conversation, so she stayed silent.

Last edited:
David watched the Nidoran (although he didn't recognize it as such) hop up to Alex and get her attention. When Alex began to follow the Pokemon, he followed her. They entered the lab, and several people were currently there. The only one he recognized was Sera. Besides her, there were a few others, including some trainers who looked similar in age to himself and Alex, and a few Pokemon as well. Two foxlike Pokemon, one of which David noticed with interest to be a Zorua, were running around and playing with each other. The yellow fox seemed to be in pursuit of the Zorua, who had just run behind Sparky. But after watching them a moment longer, his gaze returned to Sera and the woman she was talking to.

"Well I am glad you are back. Come on lets get the two set up shall we. I know you are wondering what happened in the lab, well we have had a bit of break in last night." Grace had a sad look about her as she thought of it. She hated the fact that all of what she had worked so hard for, was almost all taken in one night. "Some of our equipment, and almost all of the pokemon from the back were taken."

After she spoke to Sera to tell her what had happened, Grace turned to the girl and boy who entered the lab behind the shiny nitoran. "Welcome guys to our lab. My name is Grace Oak. If you will follow me I will set you up with your starting items. I also have something that will help keep your pokemon safe from being stolen as well."

Akira had a smile on his face as Willow performed the move again, and when she did, she moved in such a way that it seemed that the petals were dancing around one another. "Willow that was great. I can not wait to see what you can do in an actual contest. You are going to do amazing."

Akira turned to Fritz after a bit of his excitement allowed him to think of something other then the move that Willow was doing. "So I take it that you want to try your hand in contests? That is great, I will happy to see you perform. I am sure that you will do great things."

Friedrich was happy to see how entertained Vulkan was in watching the performance, "absolutely! Contests are really fun. At this point I can't tell whether I or Vulkan like it more" Friedrich said. As soon as Akira asked to see him perform Friedrich was quickly thinking of a polite respectful way to decline as his stage fright slowly started flaring up.

This however was no longer an option as Vulkan was so excited about performing. Friedrich made sure to give Vulkan plenty space to avoid trees ,and people. "Alright Vulkan, let's bring the heat! Vulkan use smokescreen straight into the air! Then use ember!" Friedrich said. Within seconds black smoke shot up quickly then moments later fire could be seen bursting from the top of the smoke like a small volcano eruption. As soon as the smoke faded away Vulkan stood there is a somewhat elegant stance awaiting commands.

Friedrich smiled as he did it, "good job Vulkan! I'm super proud of you!" Friedrich said. Friedrich was too nervous to try something new off the spot ,but he felt fairly confident that this would impress.

Last edited:

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
Ben shook Neo's hand "Ben...uh...let's leave it at that." he said nervously.
Change the subject he thought.
"How's the journey so far? I actually caught my first pokemon not too long ago. Riolu thought he was too good for it, so charmander had to pull his weight." he chuckled" It was actually pretty easy, since pidgey are fairly docile."

(OOC: Permission to control Grace from @EmoKitty21)

Something inside him stirred constantly as he was listening to Grace's words. 'Broke', 'stolen', and 'emergency' were what caused this massive churning of Butterfrees in Poito's stomach to get worse. He just wanted to go on an adventure. The selfish side of him complained about getting here but, he if he hadn't gone, he wouldn't have access to this new and secure portable PC box. He picked one out that was purple with light green buttons. Studying it, it looked like something you'd put special items like handguns or maybe your essentials - something that a safe would hold. Skorpi had a curiousness about the box as well, and held out his claws and tail in order to see it. Handing the box to Skorpi after saying "be gentle and try not to drop it", Skorpi gingerly held the box in his two claws while he rotated it with his pincer-like tail. This technology was so interesting!

After staring at it and being done, he lowered it back over Poito's shoulder and the young boy grabbed it and hooked it to his side. He also took the PokeBalls, raising an eyebrow at the Friend Balls. He had never seen them before. His young hands filled with hard work and callouses from living on his ranch brushed over the smooth surface of the ten PokeBalls and set them in his backpack.

Poito listened as Grace talked about the PC box and then gave him a light green Pokedex with purple buttons. She talked some more about the Pokedex before breaking away from her explanations to realize that Poito was getting a little too... Righteous every time he looked at the wall. She could practically see it burning in his eyes. "I would also like to tell you not to get too caught up in your search for the missing Pokemon. The authorities will handle it and I don't want to see you getting hurt. Be careful please."

Poito thanked her for her kindness, but he couldn't ever see a stranger ever worrying about someone like him. It's not like they'll see each other again. That's when it hit him that this train of thought would be a bit worrying, as he put himself in her shoes. Still, he warily looked at the hole and left the lab. He felt like he could actually get to where he needed to be, thank goodness. He thought she was going to talk his ears off. He didn't want to be rude to her, but he also didn't want to stand there for much longer to hear how these gadgets worked. He had his father's ingenuity, he'll figure it out on his adventure.

As he was walking through Route 1, he found that nothing here really interested him. The Pokemon were not the ones he was looking for, and the people here were also quite bland. His Skorupi was way too strong for some of these people, who seem to have caught the first Pokemon they saw and immediately wanted to battle with them. That wasn't smart. He walked into Viridian City, and found himself going towards Route 22. There had to be something there, like some Pokemon.

When he made it there, he finally found what he was looking for. A male Nidoran. The purple Nidoran looked up to Poito and immediately took on a fighting stance. Interested, Skorpi jumped from Poito's backpack and immediately went into his fighting stance. A well aimed Bite to the Nidoran caused the poor guy to flinch, and it was Poito's chance. While Skorpi still had a hold on the Nidoran, Poito threw a PokeBall. The Nidoran was absorbed into the ball and it shook a few times before clicking - a capture.

Poito ran up to the ball, freed the Nidoran and used his mother's healing salve recipe to heal the Nidoran before returning the male Nidoran and heading off towards Route 2.

It was largely uneventful, the trip was. He made to Viridian Forest without a hitch, and he found two more bugs he wanted. A Weedle and a Spinarak. The Weedle was caught by a thrown PokeBall and the ball clicked without any hassle. It was the Spinarak that was more troubling. Poito wasted a PokeBall and it broke on him. Growling a bit and cursing for his own stupidity, he sent out his Skorpi to get it. The Spinarak used String Shot, but the oncoming string missed as Skorpi jumped in the air and used Bite. It bit the Spinarak on the abdomen and Poito threw another PokeBall, this time landing the shot.

After traversing through Viridian Forest and appearing on the northern section of Route 2, he wasted no time in getting to Pewter City.

Finally, he was here. But he honestly felt like he should see what was on Route 3 before he rested for the night. It was getting late, and he could see a few stars overhead, so he jogged over to Route 3 and found Zubats aplenty. Most were too busy socializing and finding meals to notice Poito. That's when he noticed one was looking at him. It caught him off guard, and it honestly surprised him, if not creep him out a little. The Zubat then began chasing him and Poito ran. He completely forgot he had Pokemon and he forgot all about his training. He was thinking that the Pokemon was going to suck his blood, and then the feast would attract the other Zubats to his attention. To his surprise, the Zubat that was chasing him screeched at him, but it wasn't the act of screeching that caught him by surprise, it was the tone. It sounded sad. He stopped for a bit and waited for the Zubat to finally reach over to him, only for the Zubat to fly over him in circles. It then flew a ways away and trilled at him, as if wanting something.

Poito looked back at Skorpi, who looked back at his trainer and they both looked at the Zubat. They were, at most part, confused, and the Zubat hadn't even used Supersonic yet.

Was it wanting a battle? Was this Pokemon actively wanting to get caught? He couldn't exactly believe it, but there were many things he wasn't sure on either. He sent out Skorpi and the Zubat immediately rushed in for a Leech Life. Skorpi stuck out its tail, stinging the Zubat with Poison Sting before jumping up and biting him. The Zubat was weakened now, and Poito threw a Friend Ball. The ball landed and, after a few shakes, it clicked. Smiling, Poito picked up the ball, gathered Skorpi on his backpack, and went back to Pewter City.

But now he couldn't sleep. With the excitement of catching four new Pokemon in one day, he couldn't sleep. He had to train them. He released them all as soon as he got to a corner of Pewter City and began training them. This was going to be fun. And he could tell his Weedle was close to evolving.

As soon as 1 am hit, he felt tired enough to quit training. He returned his Pokemon, went back to the Pokemon Center, healed his Pokemon, and took a room for the night. He released all of his Pokemon and he laid in bed. He knew his new Pokemon didn't quite trust him yet. Even though Zubat was caught in a Friend Ball, liking someone and trusting them were two different things. Weedle was on the bedframe, his male Nidoran and Spinarak were on the floor next to him, and the Zubat was hanging from the ceiling. The only Pokemon cuddling him was his Skorupi. He pet his Skorupi on the head and went to sleep.

NDB

Neo chuckled. "Journey's just getting started," he replied, taking another sip of his soda. "Never did catch that other trainer's name." He hears a ding over the P.A. system.

“Neo, your Pokémon are healed.” Neo held up a finger to Ben and went over to Nurse Joy. When he returned, Dahde was sitting atop Neo’s head. When the Dedenne saw Ben’s Riolu, he hopped off and ran over to greet the Pokémon. “That there is Dahde,” Neo said to Ben. He pulled out a Pokéball and pressed the small button. Out of the of the ball, another electric Pokémon popped out. “And this is Volt.” The Elekid let out a happy cry.

"Oh we are definitely late!" Eve cried out as she continued jogging down the path. "Keir! Stop dragging your feet! We're gonna be late and its gonna look bad, and the professor sent the letter, and maybe she'll say we're irresponsible and then we won't get what we came for, and then we won't become trainers!" The girl let out one, long, exasperated sigh. By the time she was done ranting, the pair was approaching the door to the lab. In all honestly, it was Keir's fault that they were late- after he refused to get out of bed and then insisted on having breakfast. But as Evelina looked up at the large building, all of that melted away and a large grin sketched across her features. Keir, of course, the whole time was silent. He yawned as he came up behind his sister, a few strides behind because he didn't want to run. Draped across the boy's head was Jeff, the creature's two claws carefully holding onto its trainer's head, Eve, on the other hand, decided to carry her pokemon in her arms. Both of the twins had pokemon that thrived in the water, so they weren't the quickest movers on land. Eve opened the door in a hurried fashion with one arm while the other was tightly wrapped around her corsola. The girl was panting, but she quickly got excited again when she saw a group of young people with pokemon. And the professor! The girl looked around eagerly mouth gaped open, totally unaware that she was interrupting something. Keir gaze was uninterested as he followed behind his sister, wondering if it would have been easier for him to just wait outside.

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
Taking out his two other pokeballs Ben introduced his own team "That there is riolu, that's charmander, and that our newest member, pidgey. I don't nickname them, since I don't trust myself with that responsibility." he laughed weakly. Charmander started circling riolu, attempting to entice him to play, while pidgey preferred to roost on Ben's head, preening his mess of a hairstyle as if making a nest.

Tony turned his head to see a pair of newcomers who shared similarities to one another, siblings perhaps? He simply gave them a silent nod in greeting before he went to turn and leave. "Zorua, c'mon, we're going." Tony said bluntly, but Zorua seemed to want to stay and play as she immediately ran away from the Luxray and over towards the girl with a Corsola in her arms and his behind her legs, Tony simply let out a sigh as he knew Zorua was playful ever since he took her in. He put his index finger to one end of his lips and the thumb on his other and let out a whistle that immediately caught the black fox Pokemon's attention, the next second later, she darted towards her trainer and sat down in front of him.

David nodded to acknowledge the professor’s greeting and her request for them to follow her. Hehadnt expected to receive anything, except perhaps a Pokédex, so when she mentioned other things he had mixed feelings. While he was grateful, he wasn’t sure if he should really accept them. He glanced at Alex, trying to read her take on the situation.

Seeing Tony call back his Pokémon, she called for her Fennekin as well.
“Ren, come.”
Ren was sad to see his friend run off, and had just started to follow her when he heard Amethyst’s call. He reluctantly ran over to her, and stood at heel. He was well trained. Amethyst smiled as she looked down at him, for it was clear from his posture that he wanted to keep playing.
“Ren, we should go as well. I want to get my theengs from the hotel.”
She glanced over at Toby and his Zorua once more as she headed for the door.

Akira started clapping when he saw what Fritz did. He was glad to know that he would not be the only one who would be doing contests. He would at least have a friend if Fritz decided to participate in them. "That was great guys. I can not wait to see what you can do on stage."

Grace walked up the pokedexs that she had on display and pulled out the models that she had. "My name is Grace Oak. I am the professor who helps out new trainers with their journey. I am always available to answer any questions you may have. What I have here are different types of pokedexs. I have one that can be placed in your phone if you have one, and then there is the classic one that can be carried around with you. I also have a few other designs of said pokedex if you would rather have them." Grace had a smile as she spoke to Alex and David. She seemed to be grateful for the distraction of what happened to her lab.

David was a little confused when she told them her name again, but it was lost as he looked at the array of Pokedexes available. He stepped forward and began looking at them, trying to decide which he liked best. After looking around for a moment or two, he picked out a standard Pokedex with a sky blue hue, that also had some black and white markings. He picked it up, glanced at the professor as if confirming it was okay, and then turned it on. The screen flared to life. He decided that now was as good a time as any to test it out, so with his free hand he dug into his pocket and pulled out two Pokeballs. He threw them, and with a flash two Pokemon appeared. He scanned them with his Pokedex.

Pidove, the Tiny Pigeon Pokemon. A Flying and Normal type. Where people go, these Pokémon follow. If you’re scattering food for them, be careful— several hundred of them can gather at once.

Accelgor, the Shell Out Pokemon. A Bug type. It moves with blinding speed and lobs poison at foes. Featuring Accelgor as a main character is a surefire way to make a movie or comic popular.

David already knew some of the information, but he was still impressed. Besides the direct reading, scrolling the screen showed more data, including average size for the species, common moves, and more. He looked at the professor.

"Thanks so much! This is really cool!"

Friedrich was pleased to see the performance was well received ,but then momentarily froze when Akira brought up the word stage. The dreaded stage. People coming far and wide. A theater packed full of people and pokémon. From novice coordinators, to the pokéfans, to the professional coordinators, and most certainly the judges. All casting their thoughts and opinions from every direction and all angles. Many of the opinions came from friendly and caring souls ,but others were harsh with words sharp enough to break the skin.

Friedrich knew he would need to change as he didn't want his negative feelings to run off on Vulkan. He grinned at Vulkan, "fire job buddy!" Friedrich said in hope of keeping his spirits high, "mag mag!" Vulkan cheered. He turned to Akira, Your bulbasaur did really well too! If you hadn't told me she was new to coordinating I would have assumed she done this before" Friedrich said excitedly.

This interaction turned out better than Friedrich initially thought it would. Meeting new people like this was part of the reason he liked contests so much.