• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokemon World Journey (RP Thread)

NDB

Previously BartenderReaper
Dahde saw Charmander and chased the fire Pokémon, running around Riolu. Volt stood next to Neo, his arm crossed in front of his chest. Neo watched the Pokémon with a smile. “You certainly have a well-balanced team coming together,” Neo commented to Ben. “I obviously have a glaring ground weakness so I have to find a Pokémon to cover that up.” He took a look at his Pokétch. “I think it’s time I get going on my adventure,” Neo said. He grabbed Volt’s Pokéball and recalled his Elekid. Neo gave a quick whistle and Dahde looked at his trainer. “We gotta get going,” Neo said. Dahde ran over and hopped onto his trainer’s head. Neo turned to Ben. “You’re welcome to tag along. I’m going to be headed to Viridian Forest and try to find another Pokémon for my team.”

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
Ben grinned "I don't choose who I catch, they choose me. .....Wow that sounded cheesy. Still, I feel like we have a bond, like me and riolu. Right buddy?" he smiled at the fighting type, who smirked. "I guess I go along with you. It's not fun to travel while being alone."
Riolu frowned, making Ben laugh "Listen, it gets boring with me around all the time no?" he asked Riolu, who just shrugged.
Ben grinned "Sorry, riolu can be a bit prickly at times." he explained as returned his pokemon.

Poito woke up the next morning and began to do more training with his Pokemon. He was beginning to see improvement and trained them hard before they were given breakfast. Of course, he trained alongside them and made sure they ate first before he did. Some of his Pokemon noticed this and felt admiration towards their trainer. Not only did he make sure to refine their battling, but he also trained himself alongside them and made sure they were fed first and were eating well before he made himself food, and he also made their food and he had them help out. Their bonding exercises were going well and, due to the food and training, his Weedle burst with light as he began to quickly sow himself together a cocoon and, as the light dispersed, a Kakuna stood where his Weedle was. He made an almost muffled coughing noise as he looked about with his eyes, unable to move. Poito walked over and picked up the Kakuna and carried him with him.

After this, he went back to training his Pokemon, and using Kakuna as weight to train himself. When his Pokemon were tired, he then gave them Kakuna to carry around the perimeter of the city. Thinking this was a daunting task for them to overcome, Skorpi had to calm them down and tell them that in order to get better, they had to break down in order to be built up. Begrudgingly accepting this, the other Pokemon ran around the perimeter, carrying their comrade along. The Kakuna stayed absolutely still, but found this training odd. Alongside them ran Poito, doing a light jog as his Pokemon ran. His Spinarak was carrying the butt end of Kakuna while the Zubat was holding the Kakuna up by the middle portion. His male Nidoran was holding the Kakuna's front side with his back as they traveled and worked together, building their endurance as their sore muscles became even more sore. Skorupi helped in holding the middle portion of Kakuna with his tail and he cheered on his comrades for doing a wonderful job.

After about a half an hour of being able to carry their teammate around the city, they made it to their starting point and they all collapsed, with Poito collapsing with them. He gathered them together and hugged them all, saying he was proud of them and they did a great job. His Pokemon, panting and unable to really move all that much due to their muscles feeling numb, hugged him back, feeling a sense of accomplishment. They really did it. They really did it, the thing they thought was too difficult to achieve. But by working together, they did it. Fueling their determination, they planned on training with Poito every step of the way and helping him earn badges and battle tough trainers. They know the battles and training ahead were going to get tougher and tougher as Poito finds more ways to train them and they fight more trainers, but this was their chance.

They took a nap together, missing lunch and waking up when the sun hit 4 o'clock in the sky. As they woke up, he got them ready for another training session. This time, they were to fight each other, mainly against his Skorupi, as he was the oldest and the most trained out of the five of them. Skorupi fought against the male Nidoran, and won. Easily. The Skorupi had used Dig and Agility, quickly digging to get away from a Double Kick, which wouldn't have done much, and had erupted from the ground underneath the Nidoran, damaging him. A sudden Aqua Tail finished the Nidoran off and Skorupi picked the Nidoran back up, tending to his wounds. Skorupi then fought Zubat. The Zubat fared better, but a Rock Tomb after the Zubat successfully used Supersonic and Leech Life took him down fairly quickly. The Spinarak faired really well, being able to web up Skorupi and using Poison Sting and Constrict with Night Shade to almost finish the job, only for another Rock Tomb to knock it out. Kakuna was up next and, even though Kakuna couldn't move, he was able to use String Shot to slow down the Skorupi enough to use Poison Sting as soon Skorupi got close. A Bug Bite then ensued as Kakuna leaned forward and fell on the Skorupi and bit down. Skorupi was surprised he fell for this and and used Iron Tail to smack the cocoon Pokemon away.

Despite the attacks sucking wind at first, Poito knew who he was dealing with now. Male Nidoran was more about being strong and attacking with power, Zubat was more about speed and power, Spinarak was more technical, and Kakuna... Well, he could tell Kakuna was going to be fast and strong, but he wasn't so sure yet until he evolved again. This was now the time to find names for them. He nicknamed Male Nidoran King, Zubat Cro, Spinarak is Aria, and Kakuna Supi. Now that nicknames were all good, Skorpi congratulated his new teammates in making it this far and shook all of their offered appendages with his tail.

Poito made them a late lunch, trained them on their speed, with Cro winning of course, and then made them a late dinner before falling asleep with his team healed and in the Pokemon Center in his room for the night. After this experience, King and Aria were now on his bed, sleeping by his head, Skorpi in his arms, Cro hanging on a ceiling directly above him, and Supi next to Poito, hanging upside down on the frame of his bed. It was time for a good day tomorrow.

As the dawning sun arose from the horizon and sent its rays through the window, Poito awoke to find the cocoon that was next to him vacant. A hole was where the Pokemon was and he looked over to hear someone panicking in the Pokemon Center lobby about a Beedrill flying around. Chuckling, he got up, returned all of his team members except for Skorpi, and walked out into the lobby to see someone about to have their Charmeleon use Flamethrower. He got in the way and the Charmeleon immediately halted in its assault and Supi flew behind Poito. The trainer scratched the back of their heads, returned his Pokemon and walked off, with Poito chuckling at his Beedrill already making a fuss. He turned around and hugged him. "I'm glad you evolved, my friend. Now, please be careful of your surroundings. People aren't too keen on Beedrill here since they are too close to Viridian Forest. When we travel out towards the east, you'll meet people who are less afraid of your kind."

Supi nodded and hugged Poito back before poking his PokeBall and vanishing within. Poito went out for breakfast, sending out his team to eat, and then went back to training them. He finally saw what Beedrill was capable of. Fast and strong, like Cro. It was time to train them so he can better beat Brock.

King was close to evolving soon, and Poito could feel Cro and Aria were getting there, too. Skorpi was going to take a lot longer though.

"I am glad you think so. I can tell that Willow will be great at performing. She is a natural. What do think of us traveling together. We could share tips on how to perform and everything." Akira was literally bouncing as he spoke. He hoped that Fritz would want to travel with him.

"You are very welcome. If you will follow me I have a couple things left to give you." As she left that station, she pulled out to boxes. They contained the pokeballs that she gives out to trainers. Grace then took the group to the locked cabinet. She opened it. "This is a portable PC. It is like ghe one that they use in a pokecenter, with a few adjustments to its design. You are free to pick any color that you want."

Friedrich was all too happy to say yes as he was very nervous about traveling the region knowing there were people capable of breaking into the pokélab in pallet town ,and steal pokémon. What's worse they weren't caught ,and were on the run For all tenses and purposes they could be anywhere. Friedrich wasn't keen on having his pokémon stolen. Traveling in a group seemed to bring safety in numbers. Friedrich smiled, "Sure thing. Like trailblazers it's time to adventure! Let's bring the heat!" Friedrich said, "Maaag!" Vulkan roared with cheer. Friedrich wondered what sort of tips he could offer that Akira wouldn't already know. However right off the top of his head he couldn't think of anything particularly useful at the moment.

Friedrich was also interested in learning of poké-adaptation as well as pokévolution. Being a researcher Friedrich enjoyed learning why some pokémon evolved the way they did ,and why some pokémon could evolve into one thing while another pokémon of the same species could evolve into another. A koffing evolving into regular wheezing or a galarian wheezing. Knowing how and why a vulpix could adapt to its environment by becoming an ice type also intrigued Friedrich. Maybe given the opportunity Friedrich could possibly get some opportunity to add notes to his research journal along the way. He kept it in his bag just in case.

David collected the box of Pokéballs, and peeked inside. He could put these to good use, he knew. He looked up again to see the professor moving off and opening a cabinet, and showing off some strange devices. He took one when she said to. He found one that matched his new Pokédex and put it in his pocket. Meanwhile, Puff the Pidove and Helm the Accelgor were looking around the lab. Puff eyed the people and Pokémon there from her favorite perch, the top of David’s head. Helm, on the other hand, was leaning against a wall with arms crossed. He looked like one of the Accelgor who starred in movies. David turned to look at Alex after thanking the professor once more.

“What do you think? Should we challenge the gyms?”

Alex picked out a red hand-held Pokedex due to the fact she didn't have a cell phone. Money was a constant battle ever since she left her home, mainly because her parents won't send her any findings, even on her birthday. She sighed as she let out her Lilipup and followed David to the boxes. She picked out the red one and looked at David. "That sounds good." She glanced at her Lilipup. "As long as they don't get seriously injured. That's my only condition."

Sera watched as Grace did her thing. "Aw man! I wanted to give a new trainer some Pokeballs for once. Maybe even show off my signature Pokeball." She gave a small wink and pulled out a Quickball for a brief second before putting it away and shrugging, allowing Grace to handle the newbies. She wasn't going to fight over giving new trainers the starting package.

NDB

Neo let out a hearty chuckle. “You’re free to tag along as long as you like,” Neo said to Ben as he left the Pokémon Center. “Viridian Forest isn’t too far from here. Hopefully we can get through it before night falls.”

It didn’t take long to reach the forest separating Viridian City and Pewter City. The longest part of the journey was navigating through the maze-like forest. “Let’s not dilly dally too long,” Neo said. “With the migration of Pokémon from other regions, I am interested to see what new Pokémon made this forest their home.” Neo began the trek into the forest, Dahde keeping a look out from atop Neo’s head.

"Well Sera if you also want to give them something, I will not stop you. You are free to add onto what I give them." Grace had a kind smirk to her, as she was glad that Sera wanted to help the young trainers. She knew that they would be working together for a long time, as she would continue to sponsor her.

"It might be a good idea to get going, as I want to reach Pewter by tomorrow. I hear they are opening up a new exhibit in the museum there. What do you say, want to check it out?" Akira had a smile as he spoke. He could tell that Fritz would be a great friend to have around. He just hoped that he was as kind as he thought he was.

David nodded. "All right! I mean, either way we'd try to make sure they didn't get hurt." He reached up to scratch his Pidove's chin, and glanced over at Helm. His gaze shifted to Sera when she and the professor began talking about presenting Pokeballs, and he quietly waited for a pause. Once he thought he had a good moment, he asked, "Professor? Sera? If we want to participate in the gym challenge, what should our first step be...? Is there anything we have to do to sign up?"

Amethyst strolled down route one once more, but this time she was going towards Viridian City. Ren was trotting by her side, more quiet than usual. In fact, both of them were wondering if Ren would get a chance to play with Zorua again. But that wasn't all that was on the young kalosian performer's mind. She was beginning to wonder if she might begin a journey of her own. Perhaps she could persuade her mother to let her... perhaps...

Friedrich gritted his teeth with the delight to the prospect of seeing the new exhibit. This was not Friedrich's field of scientific study ,but an equally note worthy. Paleontology seemed like quite the admiral field of research as it had such a diverse amount of knowledge both known and unknown to researchers ,and the public alike. Such knowledge could prove invaluable in understanding the history, and evolution of pokémon of old as well as some of the pokémon that adapted to become the pokémon we know today.

Friedrich had heard of the museum's new opening, but being a field of study he wasn't primarily focused on meant much of what was going on at the museum was a mystery to him.

"Definitely!" Friedrich said with cheer. Friedrich wasn't happy about the idea of going through The Viridian Forest. Friedrich can still vividly remembered his experience as a child running into a beedrill for the first time. This was back before he had Vulkan, but despite having his trusty magby by his side he still remembers the experience. Having Vulkan by his side however did offer some comfort, and it would take more than a couple bugs to force him to abandon his adventure now right? Right?! Hopefully they will be able to get to Pewter City without any serious hitches.

Friedrich had done such a good job so far not revealing his cowardly nature. Friedrich put on a brave face before heading down the road, "I hope the pokémart in Pewter City is still open when we get there. I got plenty money to buy food" Friedrich said. Not that he was currently hungry of course, but he liked to think ahead.

Poito took his newly evolved Beedrill and his other Pokemon out for another training session. Their muscles were quite sore from yesterday, but they were still eager and ready to learn. He refined their battling techniques and they began learning more and more moves. He even taught a few of his Pokemon some of the moves his Skorupi knew when he was still living at his ranch, where he got a lot more training with his Skorupi learning so many moves. As soon as the morning training was done, there was food being served. Poito saw his Nidoran getting restless, due to him feeling like he was getting close to evolution. Aria and Cro were a little less rambunctious but they could feel their impending evolutions soon. Skorpi didn't have such feeling. He felt like it was so far away, almost unachievable, but he was a tough and stubborn creature. He wouldn't let that discourage him.

Now, it was time to battle Brock. With Beedrill having done a bit of training in his new form and King getting so close, it was finally time.

Poito entered the Rock Gym and saw such a nice layout. Bleachers at the sides, a curtained doorway at the opposite end of the stadium, and a huge rocky battlefield. The first gym trainer to fight Poito was a young girl, who the referee addressed as Amara. Poito walked up, told his name, and the battle begun.

Each side had let loose their Pokemon - a Beedrill and a Diglett were sent out. Supi used Giga Drain and a green orb floated over to the entranced Diglett, as it hit him and stole his energy, only to be returned back to its user. The Diglett used Rock Tomb, a rock forming above the small mole and thrown at Supi. Supi expertly dodged, flying lower to the ground and let loose another Giga Drain as he got closer. The Diglett was almost out, but it used Rock Slide to try and squish the Beedrill as he flew low. Supi used Agility and avoided the rocks falling on him, as he got close enough to use Twineedle. Stabbing the weakened Diglett twice, he was able to knock it out. Poito returned his Supi for King while Amara returned her Diglett for Geodude. The male Nidoran roared mightily, as he got ready to fight. King rushed in immediately and used Double Kick and Iron Tail consecutively, somersaulting after delivering two powerful kicks to smash the Geodude with its metallic tail covered in spines. While King was supposed to land, the Geodude recovered quickly and used Mega Punch on King, fist glowing white with pure energy. A weak Magnitude was then set forth as Geodude punched the ground, but King stood standing to deliver a Mud-Slap by using his paws to throw mud at Geodude's face and he used Counter after the Geodude tried to use Mega Punch again, grabbing him as the blinded Geodude was unaware of where he was punching and used his momentum against him, smashing him back into the ground.

With one done, now it was the next gym trainer. A young male came up and sent out his Sandshrew as Poito replaced his Nidoran for his Zubat. Zubat chose to fight at a distance and used Giga Drain, draining the Sandshrew's stamina from afar. The Sandshrew managed to summon an icy ball with Hidden Power and threw it at the Zubat, hitting him and causing him to fall. However, Cro caught himself and righted his body so he flew straight at the Sandshrew and used Steel Wing, dodging the oncoming rocks ahead from the Sandshrew's Rock Slide. Knocking the Sandshrew out, Liam returned his Pokemon and sent out Rhyhorn, while Poito returned Zubat and replaced him with Aria. A well aimed Skull Bash from the Rhyhorn almost knocked out the Spinarak, but she was able to recover and use String Shot to make the Rhyhorn trip and used Giga Drain and Psybeam, the green orb and a colorful beam of psychic energy hitting the Rhyhorn, and the green orb took the stolen energy back to the Spinarak as her opponent faltered and fainted. The next Pokemon was a Geodude and Poito replaced Aria with his Skorupi. Skorpi immediately took to action without a word having uttered from his trainer's mouth, using Brick Break via his tail and then smashing his tail against the Geodude with Iron Tail before hitting him again with a water cloaked Aqua Tail in a triple somersault. The Gym Trainers were defeated. Now, it was Brock's turn.

Brock came out and had watched the entire thing. With Poito's express permission, he grabbed four more Pokemon off of the stand behind him and threw one out. It was another Geodude. Poito sent out King and King used Double Kick after dodging a Rock Throw and then used Iron Tail. However, he got hit with a Mega Punch. The blow glanced across his cheek and he used the Geodude's momentum to use Counter, smashing it to the ground and knocking it out. With King panting and exhausted from knocking out two Pokemon and getting hit with a couple punches and the ground quaking, Poito returned King for Supi when Brock returned his Geodude for Rhyhorn. Rhyhorn used Rock Slide while Supi attempted to get in close with Brick Break and Rock Smash, but was unable to as the rocks fell in front of him, blocking his intended progress. He flew over the blockade and sent down a Ground-Type Hidden Power and was able to stun it enough to come in close with the two attacks, and then finished with a Flash to the face, blinding it and using several Fury Cutters and a Giga Drain, sucking his energy as he slashed the Rhyhorn with increasing damage. The Rhyhorn fainted, but not without tiring out Supi. Brock returned Rhyhorn for his Omanyte. Poito switched out Supi for Cro and Omanyte immediately used Ice Beam and Smack Down, causing the Zubat to get hit by the Rock-Type attack as he dodged the beam of ice and fell to the ground. Omanyte then used Earthquake, but Zubat was able fly and dodge the attack before sending out a Giga Drain, healing himself. A Steel Wing and a Leech Life later after being able to dodge another Ice Beam, and Omanyte was defeated. Poito returned Cro for Aria and Brock returned Omanyte for Kabuto. Aria spun a webbing around Kabuto with String Shot and used Giga Drain, almost knocking it out before Rock Slide was used and nearly crushed Aria. Aria then used another Giga Drain and healed her injuries enough to keep going, while Kabuto fainted. Brock then sent out his Onix, and Poito switched out for his Skorupi. Skorpi immediately used Aqua Tail and Iron Tail, doing a double somersault. He used the momentum to get away as the Onix attempted to hit Skorpi with Iron Tail. Skorpi then summoned an icy ball with Hidden Power and threw it at the Onix with one swipe of his tail, dodging a Screech and ending the Onix. Then, it was Brock's last Pokemon: Aerodactyl.

Poito switched out his Skorupi for Nidoran, but Aerodactyl used Earthquake, smashing the ground and causing a huge tremor which knocked out Poito's Nidoran without him being able to move to attack. Poito sent out Supi, but he was only able to put out an Poison Jab before getting knocked out with Rock Slide, getting squished between the rocks. This Aerodactyl was going to destroy the rest of Poito's tired team and he knew that, but they had to keep trudging on. Poito then sent out Cro and the Zubat was only able to pull off a Supersonic and a Return before getting knocked out with another Rock Slide, the rocks being too hard to avoid. Poito sent out Aria, who quickly was squished by Rock Slide, but she was able to damage him with Sludge Bomb, the purple mess of sludge landing on his face. Now, it was Poito's last Pokemon: Skorupi. Brock's Aerodactyl was incredibly strong, but Poito needed to win this, and Skorpi just as bad. A Rock Slide appeared, then flames were shot at the rocks and then above as the Aerodactyl flew overhead, Skorupi trying his best to hide within the rocks without getting crushed. He then powered himself up with Hone Claws, slicing his claws together to get them sharpened. He then used Agility to jump out and dodge the Flamethrower before throwing an Ice-Type Hidden Power and hitting. As the Aerodactyl got close for a Fire Fang, Skorpi hopped on the pterodactyl Pokemon and used a combination of Aqua Tail and Iron Tail, his tail becoming metallic and cloaked in water as he smacked the Aerodactyl's head in another double somersault, knocking it out.

Brock gave Poito the Boulder Badge and Poito left with relief and excitement as he went back to the Pokemon Center to heal and have a room for the night as he cuddled with his teammates, congratulating them on a job well done.

Last edited:

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
Ben smirked as he followed Neo "Very well. Although riolu here wouldn't let anyone near me in the dark." he said as the emanation pokemon leaped from tree to tree, keeping lookout for any danger around.
To be honest, Ben was glad to have someone human around. Not to say riolu wasn't fun, not to mention helpful, to be with, if it wasn't for him, he would probably gotten lost in the forest forever. But it was nice to have someone who he can talk to who won't just nod or ignore him.
Riolu growled.
Up yours as well. Ben thought.

NDB

“Yeah, Pokémon can be very protective when they form a strong bond with their trainers,” Neo commented. Viridian Forest was a nice and quiet place, a good difference from a busy city like Goldenrod. Neo had ventured into the forest many times to just clear his head and let Volt and Dahde play and run around. Right however, the trainer was listening to the sounds of the forest. There was one sound in particular he was listening for. If he could find it, he’d hopefully find a Pokémon to help with the Pewter City gym.

It almost took him a better part of an hour, but Neo stopped in his tracks as he heard the fair sound of splashing. Dahde seemed to have heard it to because he perked up, his ears twitching. “We’re going to take a quick detour,” Neo said to Ben as he ventured off the path and into the forest. “Stay close.” He ducked under branches and squeezed between trees heading deeper into the woods. Eventually, Neo came to the edge of a clearing. He stayed hidden behind a bush and looked onwards. In the clearing was a large pond with different Pokémon drinking from it and swimming in it. There were Pokémon flying over head and rustling in the trees.

Neo stayed quiet as he scanned all the Pokémon he could see. He eyes drifted to the pond and spotted the Pokémon he was looking for. The bug Pokémon was walking out of the water, a ball of water on its head. Neo took out his Pokédex and pointed it at the Pokémon. “Dewpider, the Water Bubble Pokémon,” the device spoke. “Dewpider normally lives underwater. When it comes onto land in search of food, it takes water with it in the form of a bubble on its head.” Neo tucked away his device and stepped out into the clearing. Most of the Pokémon in the area scattered when they saw Neo, but a few just didn’t care and went about their business.

“Dahde,” Neo said as his Pokémon hopped onto the ground. “Let’s catch ourselves a Pokémon!” “Ne ne!” Dahde called out catching the attention of the Dewpider. The bug Pokémon turned and glared at the mouse-like Pokémon. The bubble around its head seemed to shimmer before a blast of water was sent straight at Dahde.

“Dodge and use Thunder Shock!” Neo called out. Dahde rolled to the side, dodging the Water Gun attack. Electricity surrounded his body and raced towards Dewpider. The water-bug was quite fast to Neo’s surprise as it dodged the attack and ran up to Dahde. The Dedenne was caught off guard and Dewpider took this as an opportunity to slam its water bubble into its opponent. He sent Dahde flying towards a tree. “Dahde!” Neo called out as he ran over to his Pokémon. Neo jumped and caught his partner before Dahde could slam into the tree. Neo landed on his back and let out a groan of pain.

Now it was Dewpider’s turn to be surprised. The bug Pokémon walked slowly over to Neo but jumped back slightly when Neo sat up with Dahde in his arms. “You okay buddy?” Neo asked his Dedenne. Dahde looked up at Neo and let out a happy squeak. Neo smiled at Dahde and turned to the Dewpider. “You’re pretty strong for you size,” Neo complimented the Pokémon. Dewpider tilted his head to the side. Neo dug a Pokeball our of his pocket and pressed the button. “Would you like to join our team and explore the world?” Neo asked, holding the ball out to Dewpider.

Dewpider looked between Neo and the Pokeball, not sure what to do. Dahde seemed to sense the other Pokémon’s indecision. “De ne ne!” Dahde said cheerfully, encouraging Dewpider. Dewpider looked at Dahde before walking over to Neo and pressing the button of the ball with one of its legs. The ball opened up and enveloped Dewpider in a red energy before sucking it and closing. The ball wiggled three times before a ding signified a successful capture. Neo smiled and stood up, Dahde climbing back on top of Neo’s head. He walked back over to where Ben was. “Well, another member to add on our journey,” he said with a big smile.

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
Ben was watching the battle with interest, the dude was certainly having fun with that dewpider. As he watched, he noticed his bag feeling heavier, riolu was probably sitting and resting after checking the area.
Riolu started rustling through his backpack.
"You hungry bud?" Ben asked
Riolu remained quiet.
"Uh, dude?" Ben took off his backpack and shook it slightly, the riolu stood still.
Wait, riolu can't stick to things.
Ben flipped over his bag to find a caterpie in it, eating his sandwich with glee.
"What the-?" Ben looked up to see riolu muffling his laughter, clearly finding his trainer ignorance hilarious.
"Funny." Ben deadpanned as he turned his back upside down and shook it. Caterpie remain there, refusing to come out. "Come one little guy, girl, thing. Get outta there." Ben shook harder, finally dropping the pokemon on the grass.The Caterpie got up with a terrified look on its face, probably thinking Ben was a predator of some sort. Ben was preoccupied with something else: mourning his lost sandwich. He held up his half-eaten meal and sighed "You might as well have it. S'not like I can eat it now."
Caterpie flinched as he thrusted the meal to it, then opened one eyes and stared, confused. Understanding lit it's eyes and it munched the the remainder of the food.
After the caterpie was done gorging, Ben stood up, it looked like Neo was having trouble. "Well, it was nice meeting you little guy, but-hey!" the pokemon climbed up his leg, and onto his shoulder, where it rested comfortably. "You wanna come with?" Ben questioned. The pokemon squealed with uncomprehending joy. "Well, looks like-" he cut off as he saw Neo come back with a happy look on his face. Turns out he caught the dewpider. Ben grinned in return "I got a new member too, look!" he gently took off the bug type from his shoulder and presented her. The pokemon looked confused but happy to be here.

Alex looked at Sera, wondering the same thing. However, the scientist looked a bit uncomfortable. "I'm not exactly sure," she said as she started to gather the Pokeballs for the two of them. "You see, I never took the 'proper journey'. Most of the Pokemon I catch actually go to a reserve where I study thier behavior, relationships, and many other stuff to recreate a wild habitat for them." She gave them a nervous smile. "I never challenged a gym before." Alex rose a brow, not impressed by Sera as the scientist handed the two of them thier Pokeballs, five Pokeballs and five Quickballs. She gave them a smile. "Hope these will suffice. I haven't handed things out to new trainers before." Alex merely nodded.

Charlie finally finished preparing at the Pokemon Center, and set off to Viridian Forest to do some research and maybe even participate in a few battles. Once he reached the forest entrance, he double checked that he had all his things before going in, finally walking through the gate that stood between him and the forest. Once inside, Charlie found himself in a maze of trees and patches of tall grass scattered everywhere. He spent some time in the forest, battling wild Pokemon and the occasional trainer, before coming out on the other side to Pewter City, where the Rock-Type gym was located. He did some looking around the various shops and the museum, though he wasn't particularly interested in fossil Pokemon, before he found himself at the gyms entrance.

(OOC: Sorry for the bland post, but right now I don't have the time to write the gym battle.)

Akira smiled as his idea was thought of as a good one. It also seemed that the happy guy was happy that he had made a friend. Akira might not be what you expect when you think of his parents, but when others met him, they were surprised to learn of his parents.

"This is going to be so much fun. Come on there is time being wasted." With that Akira, took ahold of Eevee, returned Willow, and rushed forward. "So what are some other things that you enjoy?! I bet it is something interesting. You must know a lot of the places here since you are from Kanto. What can you tell me about this place? It is the first time I have actually been to this region." It looked like Akira was talking faster then he was before. The making of a new friend in his mind, seemed to have pushed the boy into energizer buneary mode.

"Well it is not really required to sign up to the league here in Kanto, but it does give you a bit of an advantage. When you sign up, you get prefered treatment by the gym leaders. They will be more likely to make time out of their lifes for the battle. Then there are prizes that you can get from the gyms as well. Most gym leaders will give out a technical machine, which is something that can teach a pokemon the move that it contains. Then the prize money that you can earn as well. Many young trainers are able to pay for their travel through this way of earning their living." Grace had stood back to let Sera give the two their pokeballs, but stepped up to her side, and begun to talk. After a bit she seemed to be a little sheepish, and gave a kind of shy smile towards the two. "Oh sorry I get a bit rambly at times don't mind me. Though if you have any further questions you are more then welcome to contact me. The portable PC is able to video call in case you are in need of my service, feel free to at anytime. Even if you are out of the region, I will not mind one bit."

Last edited:
Normally Friedrich didn't talk about his hobbies with people he hardly knew ,but then again he didn't normally agree to travel with people he hardly knew. Friedrich looked at Vulkan, "Usually when I'm not trying combinations or training for contests I'm somewhere hunched over a desk neck deep in scientific theories and notes either stressing out over the legitimacy of the notes or reading countless paragraphs after paragraphs usually theories on evolution ,and the scientific explanations behind them. Its quite overwhelming really. But having those aha Moments as well as being able to contribute your knowledge truly makes it an invigorating experience! Sorry for going overboard... I like science. Learning of evolution and adaptation are phenomenal occurrences" Friedrich said.

He tried to keep his ramblings short and simple as he didn't want to overwhelm the man with science. Friedrich smiled and followed along.

Akira then asked him about Kanto, "I didn't ask earlier ,but that accent, are you from Unova? Kalos maybe??" Friedrich asked. He felt silly for not being able to pinpoint which one, "To answer your question, right now were on the road to Viridian City. It's a nice peaceful town. Most people just pass through but it's a beautiful little town with friendly people. Provided they have had their morning coffee. North of here is the Viridian Forest. I usually just take the long way around and head through route 2. Lots of bugs in those forests" Friedrich said. He shuddered as he remembered how a weedle followed him around in the woods once.

Things were different though now, right? Friedrich was older and taller. Ain't no bugs gonna scare a big strong man like that away right?! Friedrich wanted to so much believe that ,but he had doubts as he headed down the road. Friedrich wanted to keep a brave face for Vulkan as well as give a good impression to his new friend.

"The next town after here is Pewter City. Pewter City has some of the most beautiful fields of flowers. They could probably give Erika and her indoor garden a run for their money" Friedrich said. Friedrich began attempting to try speak faster so not to come off as slow or lazy. Akira was definitely an energetic guy. Does he enjoy contests this much? Or maybe Kanto? Friedrich wasn't sure why ,but he didn't ponder that thought too long.

David thanked Sera as she handed him the set of Pokeballs and Quick balls, and smiled. He found her very likable, even though he hadn't known her for more than an hour. The professor seemed very kind, too, and he was glad they were representing Kanto's scientific side.

"Thank you, Sera, and you to professor Grace. Where do we sign up?"

After hearing the professor talk about the benefits of signing up, he assumed without asking Alex that they would be signing up. Priority access to gym leaders and prize money for winning seemed like a good thing to him. He and Alex were becoming used to performing odd jobs to make their money, but from his point of view, the extra money from something he planned to try anyway was definitely a plus. He took this moment to return Helm to his Pokeball. He left Puff stay on his head, though.

Amethyst walked into the borders of Viridian City. She was on her way to the Pokemon Center, where she had spent the previous night, so she could pick up her things. She had almost settled on her course, but she still wasn't sure. She wanted to start a journey, but... what if her mother didn't approve? What if it was a bad idea? What if....
She was so absorbed in her thoughts that she nearly bumped into two others as she walked. She instinctively began to apologize, and just as instinctively used Kalosian. She stepped back a pace or two, and then apologized once more in.... Kantonian? ((Is that the Pokemon equivalent of English for us?)) Then she caught sight of the people. One of them looked familiar... she knew his face, but she couldn't quite place him, somehow. Ren sat on his haunches, staring at the two as well, with tail wagging slowly.

"Well to sign you can go to any pokemon center and so so. I could normally set you up here, but some of the systems are down with what happened. If you do need help though you can contact me with the portable pc that I gave you. Also any Nurse Joy would be glad to help you with registration as well."

Akira was about to speak again when a girl showed up and nearly bumped into him. He was not upset, but he instantly recognized the accent. Upon further inspection, he realised that he knew the girl. "Hey don't I know you from somewhere. I am sorry if I forgotten your name. I am really bad at remembering names of people. My name is Akira Love, so no need to apologize, as no one was hurt."

"Thanks again, professor." David said with a smile. He gave a nod of thanks as well before turning to face Alex. "C'mon, let's get going! Back to Viridian!" He headed for the exit but paused. He turned and waved to the two scientists and called out a goodbye to each, and then exited the building. He waited for Alex and then set out for Route One. They had passed through on the way to the lab, but he hadn't had any real chance to see it. Now he was excited to begin his journey for real.

Amethyst knew who the boy was, now. Akira Love... she had been in competitions with him before, in Kalos. She knew that he was a pretty good performer. After a slight pause and inner hesitation, she extended her hand. "Amethyst." She glanced back and forth between the two. At her feet, Ren had seen the offered handshake by his trainer and taken that as a sign of peace. His tail wagged harder, and he took a few steps forward, closer to the Pokemon owned by the other two trainers.

As Friedrich followed Akira they headed to the pokémon center in Viridian City. Friedrich didn't need to heal his pokémon as neither Vulkan nor Grister had been in a fight prior to returning to the center. As a result Friedrich merely sat down in await for Nurse Joy to heal Akira's pokémon.

In the meantime it would seem Akira seemed to be talking to some blonde woman. Did they know each other? From Friedrich's perspective it seemed that way.

Friedrich didn't know the blonde girl ,but recognized her accent as being similar to Akira. Well no surprise since they seemed to recognize each other. Friedrich was too nervous to engage conversation so he sat ,and smiled as well as pat his magby Vulkan. She seemed friendly enough. Luckily for Friedrich he assumed she didn't notice him beyond a small glance giving him plenty time to device a plan for dealing with his current situation.

Alex nodded and started to head out as she gave the two researchers a quick wave. When she exited the lab, she started walking to the grassy plains. She really did hope that they could make a name for themselves. Alex walked into route one an breathed in the fresh air before letting her Lillipup out. "There you go, Henery. Don't go running off into the unknown." The Lillipup barked, making Alex chuckle. She then turned to David. "So, look for Pokemon, or just go through the area. I vote for the former!" She almost jumped at her final sentence.

NDB

Neo looked at the Caterpie Ben was holding. He gently pet the Pokémon’s head. “You’re a cute little thing,” he said. “I bet you’ll grow to be a powerful partner.” Dahde nodded in agreement. "Let's get going," Neo said as he made his way back towards the path. "Don't really feel like camping out in the woods tonight." The sun was still in the sky, but Neo would rather make it to Pewter City with plenty of time to spare before the sun set. Hopefully there would be a couple rooms available in the Pokemon Center.

"So, Ben," Neo said once they were on the path and heading through the forest. "What made you decide to go on your journey?"

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
"..." Ben considered the question while caterpie crawled along his back, and riolu jumped along the trees "...Dunno. It'd be fun I guess. I've always liked pokemon, and my meeting with riolu kinda made me decide to be a trainer. Of course, I'm not only a trainer, y'know." he grinned proudly "I'll have you know that I'm a licensed pokemon ranger! I'm surprised you didn't tell from my outfit. Then again, this isn't exactly a local thing. Anyway, how about you? Why did you become a trainer?"

Akria smiled and took her hand to shake. It seemed that he was very happy to have met someone who was from his region. With a huge smile on his face, he begun to speak to her. "Well it is so nice to see you again. It is very nice to see someone from my own region here. I thought I would be alone for the most part. Are you here to enter contests as well? You simply must be, as you are an amazing performer, and I would be sad to see you not compete anymore. Come on I want you to meet a new friend of mine." With that he gestered to Fritz to come over to them.

While this was happening, Eevee, jumped down from his shoulder, and started in her cheerful routine of getting the other pokemon to play. With little barks, she leaned down on her front legs with her tail wagging.

Friedrich's heart sank when Akira gestured to him, "Oh dear. people are looking Fritz. act natural. act natural. Your cool! Your confident! You can do this!" Friedrich thought to himself. Nonetheless he seemingly effortlessly put on a mask of confidence as he walked over with a friendly smile. "pleased to meat you. Im Friedrich. but my Friends call me Fritz for short" Friedrich said cheerfully. Friedrich was nothing if not a good actor. "Its interesting meeting fellow coordinators come all the way from the hustling and bustling large extravagant cities of Kalos to venture to humble Kanto. A nice friendly peaceful place don't get me wrong. I love this simple quiet life myself ,but we don't get many visitors from that far out of the neck of the woods. If anything its a pleasant surprised to be sure" Friedrich said. Friedrich let out a mental sigh "Phew! that turned out better than I thought. I thought for sure things would go downhill! but the conversation isn't over! stay calm! stay calm! everything is just fine! Everything is just fine! you got this!" Friedrich thought to himself.

David nodded. “Yeah, let’s find some Pokémon!” He pumped his fist in the air, causing Puff to flutter to keep balance, and she cooed down at him admonishingly. However, he wasn’t paying attention, and she had to flutter up into the air when he started to jog off onto the route. His eyes sparkled with the prospect of seeing new Pokémon. He wondered if they might find something like Sera’s Luxray.

Amethyst nodded upon receiving Akira’s question. “Oui, I participated in the Viridian contest...” she went silent for a moment. She was supposed to return home soon, but perhaps she could persuade her mother... She looked up to see that Fritz had joined them. She listened to his introduction, honestly somewhat confused by his ramble. It was almost poetic, in a way, but it wasn’t what she was used to in an introduction. She gave a nod in greeting.
“It is a pleasure to meet you, Friedrich.”
She stumbled a bit on the pronunciation of his name when she said it. Her gaze drifted down to his Pokémon for a moment, and then returned to the two other performers.

Ren, ever eager to play, mimicked the Eevee’s pose and then prepared to spring off. He didn’t seem a bit tired from either his walks up and down Route One or running around the lab with Toby’s Zorua.

NDB

“I’ve heard of Pokémon Rangers, but never actually met or seen on in person before.” Neo then shrugged in response to Ben’s question. “I always wanted to get out and explore, but I never really had the motivation to actually get started,” he said. “I guess the professor’s ask for help finally pushed me to get started.” They continued walking through Viridian Forest, and eventually, Neo could see the exit of the forest and the buildings of their destination.

"I can see Pewter City just up ahead," Neo said to Ben. "Shouldn't be much longer till we get there."

Alex walked around the route as Henry kept running ahead of her, barking at the other Pokemon and scaring them off. Alex chuckled. "Calm down, Henry. At this rate, you'll scare off all of them. The Lilipup barked at her as he ran to her then around her. Alex almost tripped over the dog as he ran around her. Seeing that her Pokemon wouldn't stop, Alex reluctantly returned him. A few minutes later, she saw a Pidgy and Ratatta fighting over some food. The Pidgy pecked at the purple rat as it tried to get the berry out of the Ratatta's mouth. Alex glared at the Pidgy and shooed it away. "Go! Leave it alone!" The Pidgy gave a shocked chirp and then its stomach growled. Alex's expression changed from one of anger to sorrow. "Hey. Let me get something for you." She removed her bag and peered inside of it, looking for her food. For a moment, she frowned at how little she had left, but she merely sighed and took out one cracker. "Here, for you." The Pidgy cocked its head and chirped a bit before taking the cracker. Alex smiled and placed her bag back on her back. The Pidgy flew after her, liking the fact it was given food.

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
"Finally, I'm ready to take a break." Ben stretched as he walked. "I'm gonna get some rest and the some food. And....maybe some training as well."
Riolu, done with his tarzan act, jumped out of the trees and trotted by his side.
A thought seemed to strike Ben.
He turned to Neo "Y'know, we should decide on who fights against the gym leader first. Do you wanna go?".

Eevee really liked the fact that Ren was happy to play with her, she had not much time to play with others outside of her trainer's parents pokemon. When the position that she was in was mirrored, she playfully started to bounce from side to side. It seemed that eevee was waiting for the Ren to make the first move.

Akira was glad to see that Amethyst was at least friendly, as he was happy to have someone who was from his home region to attend the journey with him. Though it was more of a dream on his part, as he was oblivious to the signs that showed that the girl was not very happy with how the conversation was going.

"Likewise" Friedrich said in response to Amethyst's comment. Friedrich was excited to meet such friendly coordinators. A lot of coordinators Friedrich knew were friendly however despite that fact it was still an equally pleasant experience. Friedrich was so caught up ion thoughts of contests he nearly forgotten his love of science! Friedrich enjoyed researching and acquiring knowledge of pokémon just as much as he enjoyed seeing them perform. Friedrich wasn't entirely certain how to respond to the others so for the time being he maintained a friendly expression ,and acted natural.

Vulkan enjoyed seeing the other pokémon; an eevee and a fennekin. "mag mag!" Vulkan cheered hopping down from Friedrich's grasp. It landed to the ground ,and let out a cheerful smile as he looked to the others. The eager magby didn't have many opportunities to interact with pokémon of other trainers so it was always eager to jump in.

Friedrich smiled looking down at Vulkan. Friedrich felt a little bad for not being more physically active. Spending so much time reading over documents meant he didn't take Vulkan out as much as he should have. Friedrich planned on changing that as he wanted to be a better trainer to his pokémon. Friedrich was extremely grateful to the fact that his research didn't have any major negative effect on his pokémon. However despite that he was still determined to go on this journey not only for his benefit ,but hopefully for theirs as well.

WIth Vulkan by Friedrich's side things seemed like they would go pretty decent. It helped a lot knowing Akira ,and his pokémon were there too. Friedrich assumed Amethyst ,and her pokémon would also be joining them. Either way. Friedrich began to think that perhaps this adventure wasn't going to be a complete train wreck as he initially assumed. Though to be fair they were still in Viridian City. Only time would really tell. That fear still loomed over Friedrich ,but atleast there seemed to be a light at the end of the tunnel.

Once the Pidgey was distracted by Alex, the Rattata began to creep away with the berry. At first it backed up slowly, but then it turned and prepared to run. At the same time, David scanned both of the Pokemon with his PokeDex. A scrolling wheel appeared on the screen, and then it read out the descriptions for each of the Pokemon.

Rattata, the Mouse Pokemon. A Normal type. It will chew on anything with its fangs. If you see one, you can be certain that 40 more live in the area.

Pidgey, the Tiny Bird Pokemon. A Normal and Flying type. It usually hides in tall grass. Because it dislikes fighting, it protects itself by kicking up sand.

David looked at the Rattata again. It was running off towards the nearest clump of bushes. The young trainer turned around to look at Puff and pointed.

"Puff, block it!"

At the command, the Pidove flew over and landed in front of the Rattata, wings spread and blocking. The Rattata came to a quick halt and growled at Puff. The berry was still in its mouth, and it thought Puff was going to try to steal it, just like the Pidgey. It began waving its curling tail back and forth above its head, and Puff's eyes followed it. The tail began to move faster and faster, and Puff fell for the Tail Whip. With her defenses effectively lowered by the distraction, the Rattata leaped forward and slammed into Puff's chest. She gave a startled coo as she was knocked backwards. Seeing that his partner was hurt, David grimaced. He had planned to make friends with the Rattata before he caught it, but...

"All right, Helm! Go, hit that Rattata with a Struggle Bug!"

Helm burst out of his Pokeball, and with blinding speed he caught up to the Rattata. His attack slammed into the Rattata and knocked it down. It lost its grip on the berry, which rolled away. Then came the Pokeball, soaring in an arc from David's hand and hitting the Rattata. The Mouse Pokemon was beamed inside the ball, and then the red and white capsule began to wiggle. David watched as it shook once, and then twice, and... one final shake, and the red glow in the center faded and David knew the capture was successful. He pumped his fist in the air, but his triumph was diminished a bit when he saw Puff hopping over to him. She looked pretty rumpled up from the Rattata's attack, and he felt bad for not remembering she was hurt right away. He hurried over to her and picked her up.

"Thanks, Puff, you did a good job. You can rest in your Pokeball if you want."

She didn't seem to want to return to her Pokeball, so he turned to Helm and the Pokeball containing the Rattata.

"You did great, too, Helm. Now, let's talk to this guy..."

He kneeled down to pick up the Pokeball, and as he grabbed it he noticed the dropped berry. He picked that up, too, and held it in his hand as he pressed the button on the Pokeball. The Rattata was released from the Pokeball, and it looked around. Its features were a bit hard to read, but confusion, fear, and a determination to fight were all there. David held out the berry in his hand.

"Here. We weren't trying to take away your berry, Rattata. We just wanted you to join our team."

The Rattata cautiously stood up on its hind legs, staring at the berry. It hesitated, and then... with a rush it snatched the berry and scurried off a few feet. There it stopped and stared at David and his Pokemon. Then, slowly, very slowly, it looked back at the berry and began to eat. It kept glancing at them as it ate, full of curiosity and suspicion. Then it finished, and it sat up again, looking at them. David had been thinking the whole time, and had decided giving something more than just the berry it already had might be required to make it more friendly. Now he was holding a small piece of jerky from his bag, holding it out and offering it to the Rattata. The purple Pokemon slowly crept back towards him... sniffed... hesitated, and... took the jerky from David's open hand. It scurried back a few steps and then, after one more sniff, began to eat. David glanced back at Alex to see what she was up to.

Seeing that both the Eevee and the Magby were ready to play, Ren bounded off. He glanced over his shoulder to see which of them, if either, was giving chase, and then gave a turning leap and changed directions. Amethyst watched this, wondering if it was really a good idea to let her little partner play like this inside the Pokemon Center. When nobody said anything except the polite 'likewise' from Friedrich, she began feeling a bit more uncomfortable. She felt like she should try to make conversation, but she had a tough time figuring out what she could say that would not be taken the wrong way. Finally she settled on,

"Do eizer of you know where ze next Kanto contest is?"

Alex, by this point, decided just to catch the bird. She seemed to like her, anyway. Alex took out a Pokeball and tossed it towards the bird. The Pidgy was absorbed in a red light as it was captured by the Pokeball. It shook for quite a bit, the Pidgy shocked about it's new environment and struggling for a bit. Bit then she realized that it was her friend, cracker girl. Added to the fact she was peacefully by nature, she was caught. Alex picked up the Pokeball and let the Pidgy out, who wanted more food. She made a beeline towards Alex's bag, and namely, her food, before Alex returned her new friend. "Well, that Pokemon is going to be fun to work with," she said sarcastically as she continued on to Viridian. "So, David, ready to go to Viridian?" She smirked. "I'll race you."

"I've always enjoyed the contests in Viridian City. They attract all sorts of coordinators both new ,and experienced to partake in contests. The next big one I can think of would probably have to be... Ugh... Cerulean City maybe? They usually have fairly decent sized ones" Friedrich said. Friedrich didn't enjoy going to Cerulean City very much what with the abundance of water type pokémon ,and the water type gym leader. Friedrich didn't have any particular fear towards water type. Such a fear towards an entire type of pokémon because it's your specialty type's weakness seemed pretty ridiculous even to Friedrich which was saying a lot. Though to be fair drowning was very high on Friedrich's list of fears.

"does anybody need their pokémon healed? We are in the pokécenter after all. Mine are just fine so I won't be needing to reheal them now" Friedrich said. Friedrich silently wondered to himself on whether or not the group would head through Viridian Forest or head around it via route 2. Route 2 seemed like the safer option of the two ,but Viridian Forest was quicker if you didn't get lost. Friedrich liked route 2 because he wouldn't have to deal with the bugs. Though he would reluctantly go through if the others did as well.

David got to his feet at the suggestion of a race.

“Oh, you’re on! Three! Two! One! Go!”

As soon as he said ‘go’, he was off, his long legs carrying him along quickly. He returned Puff to her Pokéball since she was hurt, and his Rattata as well. He didn’t think the purple mouse would run away, but he didn’t want to risk it. It had been hit by a solid Struggle Bug, too, so it was safer to keep it inside the Pokéball for the time being. Helm, though, ran along beside him and had soon far exceeded him. He was a fast ninja-bug, and he was also competitive enough to not stay nearby.

Amethyst nodded. “Ren is fine. If you will pardon me, I must go up to my room.” With that she turned and headed for the staircase that led to the second story of the PokeCenter, where the rooms for travelers were located. She left Ren to play downstairs, although she suddenly remembered that Pokémon had been stolen from the professor...
She reached the door to her room and opened it. Everything was tidy. Her bag that she had brought with her from Kalos rested on the bed. Inside were various clothes, both for everyday wear and for contests, one or two small things, and a large metal and glass capsule: an incubator. Inside was a pale blue egg with two yellow dots on it. Amethyst made a quick trip around the room to make sure she hadn’t left anything, and then returned to her bag. She took a deep breath and zipped it up. She picked it up, took one more deep breath, and went back downstairs. She stopped at the front desk of the Pokémon Center to talk to the nurse on duty and let her know that she had vacated the room. Then she turned to look at the two other coordinators.

Was this really what she wanted? Did she really want to travel with other trainers and go on a Pokémon Journey? All she had to do to find comfortable routine and a pleasant, predictable existance was return to Kalos.

But she walked back over to them.

NDB

"I don't mind going first," Neo replied. "Definitely need to figure out a strategy to beat Brock. Most Rock types are also Ground type, which Volt and Dahde are going to have trouble with. Though, our new member, Tidal, will definitely help out."

A few moments later, the two were out of Viridian Forest and stepping through the entrance of Pewter City. "Finally made it to Pewter City," Neo said with a large smile. “I need to stop by the Pokémon Center first before I go challenge Brock.” Neo made his way to the center, dropped off his Pokémon with Nurse Joy and waited in the waiting area.

Akira was happy that his new friends were so agreeable, well at least in his mind, about going on a journey through the Kanto region. He was excited to see what kind of adventures were to appear in their journey. It was also a great way for them to get to know on another. He would love to see what both Fritz and Amethyst could do with their performance. The next contest would sure to be a good one if all of them were to be in it. They would all really be friends going into it, though that did not mean that he would let them win at all. "Yeah I think it is in Cerulean city. It is promised to be very amazing for new and old performers alike. I heard there was supposed to be a twist to make the playing field even for everyone involved."

Eevee took the time to play with Ren, as she took off after him as he ran. She was really enjoying the fact that the fire type also decided to join in as well. With as much eagerness that a small fox pokemon could muster, she chased Ren until she had the chance to touch him on the tail, and then turned around to have him chase her.