• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokemon World Journey (RP Thread)

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
Ben grinned "Great, it'll give me time to get used to pidgey, caterpie, and charmander...wait a minute...." his face suddenly lit with understanding, and not the good kind "Oh crap! Nearly my entire team is weak to rock! Oh geez..." he was obviously worried.
Riolu, looking insulted, smacked his chest with his fist and snorted.
Ben gave a wry smile "Thanks bud, but this is a gym leader we're talking about. It's going to be difficult to take him on your own." he sighed "Ah well, I'll figure it out. As of now, you should get healed up."
He entered the pokecenter and turned in his pokeballs for healing. Riolu jumped over the counter, he was used to the procedure.

Friedrich felt reluctant in considering his participation in the Cerulean City Contest. No doubt there would be some challenges to face however for the most part Friedrich's fears were mostly speculation. Though before he could consider participating he would first need to reach Cerulean City. This meant he would first need to head through Pewter City ,and Mt. Moon. Friedrich began checking off a list of essential items h would need before venturing into the Viridian Forest. Pleased with the list of items checked off the list he placed the list in his bag before mentally preparing him self.

Vulkan enjoyed games ,and watched the others run back and forth. Vulkan looked at Friedrich tugging his pants to get his attention, "Mag mag..." Vulkan went. Friedrich reached down patting his back ensuring everything was okay. "Maag!" Vulkan cheered excitedly.

NDB

Previously BartenderReaper
"Well, I think each of your Pokemon could help in your battle," Neo said to Ben. "Just because you have the type disadvantage, doesn't mean they can't help out. Caterpie can use String Shot and slow down Brock's Pokemon. Though it's fire attacks aren't very effective, Charmander has a chance of burning the opponent. And Pidgey can use Sand Attack to impair the accuracy of Pokemon's attacks." Neo got up from his seat and walked over to a vending machine. He looked at the options before putting in his money. Two bottles of soda dispensed out and Neo grabbed them up. He sat back down and offered one to Ben. "Dahde, unfortunately, won't be able to help out though, unless Brock has a Rock Pokemon that isn't Ground type," Neo continued, taking a sip from his soda. "He only knows Electric moves."

"Well if we want to make it to Cerulean City before the contest, then we will need to head out today and try to reach Pewter tonight. If we hurry I am sure we will make it to there in time to check into the pokecenter for the night. Come on what do you say? It seems like it will be a lot of fun if we all go there together, we can all cheer on each other. I bet we will all be the best performers there." Akira was basically jumping up and down at this point, as he spoke. His words got faster as he spoke, as he begun to think of the three of them in a contest together. Akira was almost bouncing more then a spoink on coffee, he was that excited for them.

Ren had only paused in his play for a moment when Amethyst returned to the other trainers. Then he went back to the chase, but he had lost quite a bit of distance. He gave a small yip and tried to chase after again. Meanwhile, Amy was standing uncomfortably. While she had seen Akira before, she didn't really know him, and she tended to be rather shy around people she didn't know. She was polite, of course, so most people usually never noticed she was uncomfortable, but... this was one of those situations. Her fellow coordinator's excitement made her uncomfortable. But she had made up her mind to try going on a journey. After all, if she hated it she could always go home, right? But then again... home... she would need to talk to her mother, and that was something she didn't look forward to. Especially not in front of these two. No, she would wait. She forced a slight smile.

"Let us go, then. Ren, return. I want you to have plenty of energy, so take a break for now si vous plait."

Ren had almost caught up to Akira's Eevee when he was pulled back into his Pokeball. The capsule wiggled a bit, as if Ren were not happy to be inside. Amethyst felt a little bad for halting the game, but they were about to leave anyways.

Alex ran and ran. Her competitive spirit made her want to win this race. Sure, nothing was on the line, but her competitive spirit compelled her to win. She jumped over small obstacles and weaved put of the was of bigger ones. Her heart thudded in her ears as she ran, her feet falling rhythmically. She was honestly out of breath when she reached Viridian. "I did it!" She tried to shout breathlessly as she punched her two fists in the air.

David arrived behind her, just as out of breath. She had beaten him by about fifteen seconds, despite his longer legs. He had gotten distracted when a Pokemon burst out of the grass near him, and that had lost him some time, but he knew she probably would have beaten him anyways. He put his hands on his knees and bent over, trying to get his breath back. Then he looked up to see Helm leaning nonchalantly against a fence, watching them with a superior look on his face. David shook his head and lifted his hand, conceding defeat. He glanced over at Alex, and with a wheezy chuckle, he made the inevitable joke.

"And with a rapid-dash, Alex took the lead. One point to you."

Friedrich picked up Vulkan, "So we head to Pewter City then. I wonder if we will see anything interesting in Pewter City on the way to Cerulean City" Friedrich said. Friedrich enjoyed his time in Pewter City. He couldn't wait to get there. For more reasons than one. First of all the Viridian City Forest was crawling with bugs of all shapes and sizes. Which wasn't the type of thing Friedrich looked forward to seeing ,but on the bright side he was also excited to the idea of gaining adding more research to his journal. Friedrich seeing the others so happy. Seeing these happy smiling faces. Friedrich didn't want to stand out. He smiled cheerfully. He held Vulkan a slightly tighter for a moment before quickly relaxing. Vulkan looked up at Friedrich with a look of confusion which quickly faded turning into a cheerful smile as it knew they were just about to head out. "Guess that means were off the the Viridian Forest now" Friedrich said. These words slid out Friedrich's mouth like daggers cutting his tongue. He was fairly reluctant to even go there ,but this was an adventure. Despite this Friedrich was confident if they were careful they wouldn't get lost.

"I mean, she clearly won with her feet, don't know where you see a Rapidash," Cooper said, sitting on the ground, back leaned up against a tree relaxing. By his side was his pokemon Wooper, deep in a form of slumber. "I don't know where y'all are rushing to, but my suggestion is to take it easy, the world ain't ending yet." He gave a loud yawn, rubbing Wooper gently. He looked down at his pokemon and gave a smile. He moved his head ever so slightly only to get a full blast of the sun hitting his eyes, he gasps audibly and he reaches into his pocket, he grabs a pair of sunglasses. He flipped them opened and placed them on his face. "Man the sun can be a drag sometimes ya know?"

Alex chuckled at David's joke. "Good one." She then turned to the stranger and rose a brow. "We were having a race. After all, racing is fun. And the Rapidash thing was simply a Pokepun. A joke. You know, for fun." Her breath had caught up to her before she talked to the lazy person (in her eyes), so she had no trouble talking like that. She let Henry out, who immediately ran while he barked. And he was loud. The curious pup stopped barking after a bit and sniffed the ground as he followed his nose, which led him to an almost empty potion, which he picked up and brought to Alex. Alex took the potion and stored it away before giving her dog a good pet down, which earned her loving licks from Henry.

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
Ben took the soda and smiled gratefully "Thanks, I'm sure everyone is going to do great." As he took a sip he turned when the nurse called him up to the counter.
After retrieving his pokemon, he let them all out to socialize.
Charmander started playing with pidgey, and caterpie, unsure of her surroundings, curled over Ben's leg, her eyes darting around the room.
Riolu simply kept his distance, trying to act all cool.
"What now?" Ben asked Neo.

Cooper tilted his head, he gave a slight chuckle, "Ease with the hostilities friend. Wasn't aware that making jokes was an inclusive thing." He made a slight gesture for them to move slightly to the right of where they were standing. "Anyways, look at both of y'all now, all tired and worn out, missing the beauty of the world," He gestured out from where they originally came from, looking to the ground before plucking a daisy that happened to be by him and holding it out to the two of them "Bet you missed all these pretty flowers now didn't you? Sometimes you gotta slow down in life to appreciate what life gives you." He said, placing the daisy on the helix of his ear, the barking of the Lillipup caught his attention, he held out his hand to attract it, till he felt rustling on the side of him. The Wooper now finally awake due to the barking, gave a loud Wooperish yawn. It lazily looked at Cooper, hopping up off the ground to stretch it's squishy body. "Oh, I guess you're awake now huh?" Cooper said, grabbing a water bottle to the side of him, he poured some of the contents onto the Wooper. It stood still, enjoying feeling the cool water hitting at its skin.

David began to recover his breath as he listened to the conversation between his friend and the person resting under the tree. Once he had caught his breath, he backed up Alex, saying “Yep just a pun for fun. Hey, that rhymed!” His continuing to speak was prevented by Henry’s barking. He smiled at the puppy, and then looked at the older boy as he talked about slowing down. David shrugged. The guy was right, he supposed, but they had walked partway down the route and things had seemed mostly the same. And the turned to Alex. “It’s getting kinda late in the afternoon, sun’s probably going down soon. What should we do for the night?” It was then that he noticed the Pokémon sleeping next to the older boy under the tree. He considered scanning it with his Pokédex, but he didn’t know if it would be considered rude. Then the Pokémon woke up because of the barking, of course, and got some water poured on it. It seemed to be enjoying it, so David guessed that it was probably a Water type.

NDB

Neo got up and headed over to Nurse Joy, who had called his name to let him know his Pokemon were all healed. He thanked her and returned to Ben. “Well,” Neo said as he glanced at a clock on one of the walls. “It’s getting a bit late to challenge the gym today. I don’t want to bother Brock with a battle right now, especially since I don’t think I could give him a good battle right now. How about we try to find a place to eat and challenge the gym tomorrow?”

(I'm going to assume the lab is in Pallet Town)

"It's right there. You should make it there by yourself now. Make sure you visit, Connor." The orphanage woman told her as she walked out.

Connor walked away from the lady without even looking back. He was out of that demonic place and looked towards the future. And he looked towards his stomach because he sure was hungry. He soon realized that it was a very dark night and things weren't going to light up any time soon. He soon tried to figure out where he could go camping but everywhere looked like that dreaded place so he just decided to go back to his old home.

He remembered the fire. When the lab was doing some research he remembered strange people snapping pictures and leaving. He wanted to go follow them so there he went. Into Route One. His parents realized he went missing and tried to follow him. They found him about to die he remembered. They sacrificed their lives for his. But that was about a year ago. That was before the lab got attacked a few days...or weeks...or even months ago. How can you keep track of time when you're in the distortion world on earth?

As he entered his home he didn't cry. The place hardened his heart. The people burned his home from the inside but concealed it with some type of heavy fog so nobody could see it. Nobody could save him. Nobody would hear his cry. He could only remember that when he was stuck in his room during a fire some person saved his life. The place was nearly unstable. He walked into his room to the half-burned mattress and the lights that won't turn on. The sheets that were chewed up by Rattata; the house was filled with them. What looked like poop on the floor and Pidgeys resting on what was once his dresser. He decided that it was time to go to sleep. He just closed his eyes on whatever was left of the bed and fell asleep.

Because that's what helps him fight his loneliness.

(Sorry if this is interrupting the flow of the groups and stuff. I'm just trying to introduce my character and be on my way as fast as possible.)

Last edited:
"In a few moments we will be arriving in Viridian City. I repeat we will be arriving shortly at our stop at the Viridian City Airport in just a few minutes please fasten your seat belts ,and ready for arrival. Welcome to Kanto and thankyou for flying with Galar Airlines we hope you have a wonderful day" the pilot said. Nyoko felt so lucky to have the window seat. Nyoko was expecting a small boring little town ,but Viridian City was beautiful. For a little pass by town it looked great. All the surrounding trees and fauna seemed breathtaking. Any nature lover would simply adore this quiet little town. Nyoko took several pictures from her window looking down, "simply fascinating" Nyoko said.

As soon as they arrived at the hanger gates she claimed her bag ,and headed out the terminal making her way outside. "Say aahh Kanto. Because I'm coming in hard. Iceberg" Nyoko said. "Deliii!" her delibird Kishima cheered. She took her sunglasses off putting them into her bag. As she loooked around she quickly whipped out her dsmr camera and shot off a few rounds. in different directions. Taking in the sights, the sounds, the smells. She was here. Kanto. The adventure begins. The wheel is spinning and the gears are turning. Now she wait to see how the pieces would fall in place. She had already decided she would visit the Professor! in Pallet town! That was one of the reasons she chose to visit the air port in Viridian City. The City was nothing short of pretty ,but it was also a convenient distance to Pallet Town.

Nyoko made her way to route 1. She took a picture of a flock of pidgey flying off into the distance. A caterpie in between phases in becoming a metapod ,and even two nidoran(one male and the other female). Nyoko was pleased with the pictures she had taken. She eventually made her way to the lab where she snapped a picture of herself and Kishima in front of the the lab. "Ready Kishima? Lets head inside! and hopefully get a pokédex! that would help a lot" Nyoko said cheerfully. As soon as she made her way inside she looked around to a somewhat disappointed realization as some of the equipment and tools looked broken. Nyoko was somewhat disappointed to see the state of the pokélab. Her grin reappeared back onto her face as she saw the professor to her delight. There she was. "Do you have any pokédexs left?" Nyoko said cheerfully as she continued to walk closer to the professor. "Oh silly me! forgot my manners! I'm Nyoko by the way" Nyoko said cheerfully. As soon as she was just inches away from the professor she snapped a picture with her, "cheese!" Nyoko said cheerfully, "Del! deli!" Kishima cheered. "I hope you don't mind me asking ,but what happened?? I don't know if I should know this in advanced. I haven't been in Kanto long so I don't know much of the news around here" Nyoko said.

Last edited:
Alex shrugged as she put her nearly empty potion in her bag. "There are many flowers out there and it was getting late. So why not race? It's good for us." The Lilipup was to busy sniffing around to notice Cooper trying to lure him. After all, there were other things to smell! Henry chased some more Pidgys away, thinking they were merely playing with him before picking up a feather they dropped. He watched them curiously for a bit before realizing that they probably weren't coming back. He ran back to Alex, feather in his mouth and gave it to her. She gave the best smile she could and placed the feather in her bag, not having much use for it unlike the potion. She glanced over at David. "Hey, Pokecenter or gym?" She didn't want to bring up the issue of food yet to her friend. Or money. They were broke.

David thought for a minute. "I think we should stop by the Gym! It's probably too late to challenge it, but we can still go see where it is before we get to the Pokecenter. But... I do kinda want to get Puff and my new Rattata healed up..." He held up the Pokeball that held his Pidove. While he didn't think she had been too badly hurt, he still didn't feel good about delaying the healing. But then again, he wanted to see where the gym was, and she would probably be fine as long as she was in the Pokeball. But he didn't know where the gym was. He turned to the guy under the tree again.

"Hey, do you know where the gym is?"

Terumi awoke with a start. His Raboot, Flare, was tugging on his leg, clearly trying to wake him up, as he often did when Terumi needed to remember something important, as he often asked Flare to do. Flare rushed around his room to get ready, not wanting to be late. He saw the sun edge closer to the horizon, and quickly got dressed, Flare hurrying after him. He quickly ran from Viridian City to Pallet Town, putting his Galar Pokedex and a note that read:
"Dear Professor Grace, could you please update my Pokedex to include the Kanto pokedex? Thank you."
into Professor Grace's mailbox.

Terumi ran back to Viridian City, stopping when he saw some people talking near a tree. he walked over, Flare in tow, and introduced himself.
"Hello, I'm Terumi. How are you all today?"
Meanwhile, Flare walked towards the other Pokemon to introduce himself.

"Nope," Cooper told the two of them, lifting himself off the ground, "But if you're doing that whole gym challenge thing then I'm sure the Pokecenter can lead you into the right direction" His Wooper hopped over to the Lillipup, making a cheerful noise as he investigated the new pokemon that was new to it, watching as it tried to chase the Pidgeys.

Cooper's head turned to see the new stranger that just stumbled upon the group. He was a little taken back by how energetic and open the kid was to a group of strangers, despite Cooper intruding on the two trainers mere moments ago. He wrapped his index and middle finger together and rested them on his temple, only to wave it in the air to acknowledge the stranger who identified himself as Terumi "Name's Cooper, friend, neat Pokemon you got there" He said, looking at the Raboot, while he is aware of the Pokemon's existence he never really seen one up close before despite deadbeat trainers abandoning exotic pokemon not native to this region.

Last edited:
Akira smiled and began to jump more as he was excited to get going. Eevee knew that they would be going when her friends were brought back to their trainers, so she climbed up on Akira's shoulder, and nestled into his hair. With a lot of excitement, Akira talked to his friends. He really was oblivious to the fact that neither were too happy to be going to the forest. For him, he had a love for plants, as well as dance, so it was only natural that he would want to go into the forest.

"Well come on we are wasting time. If we do not want to camp out in the forest, then we need to get a move on." With that he started to walk outside. Though he did turn around to say to the others. "You guys coming? Time is wasting we will need all of the light that we can get when we are out in the forest."

Grace smiled at the two who had come in. She would have normally turned them both away, but she was feeling a bit restless after what had happened to her lab. With a sigh she began in on the story that she had told the others. She then took them further in the lab where she kept the supplies for others. "Well it has been a bit of trying day for me and my lab. We were broken into last night, so I do not have all that I normally would. I do have somethings to give you though if you would like. I still have my pokedexs, so that would be covered." With that Grace opened the cabinet to the pokedexs. There were a couple of different desgins there, so she let them pick, and would explan what the features are for each model. "After you pick which pokedex you would like, I have another item for the two of you."

Last edited:
Amethyst followed Akira as they set off towards the Viridian Forest. When he mentioned the possibility of camping, her expression became a little more dubious and concerned. She had literally nothing in the way of camping supplies, not even a sleeping bag. She quickly put the thought away. There was plenty of daylight left! Surely they would make it to Pewter in time, surely no later than just after sunset. Then she could stay at a Pokemon Center there for the night. No problem.

She walked down the road, for a ways. Then she began to wonder if they actually knew where the forest's entrance was. After all two of them were from Kalos, and she didn't know if Friedrich knew the way. She quickly pulled up a map on her phone and looked at it for a moment. "We should go that way to get to the forest's main trail, I think. That is what my map says, at least." She held out her phone to show the others her map, and then began walking that direction. Soon a kind of gatehouse came into view, one that linked one of the roads out of Viridian and doubled as a ranger station. She looked at it apprehensively, wondering again what would happen if they didn't make it through the forest in time. But of course they would, or so she made herself believe.

David glanced at the newcomer who had walked up and introduced himself. The young boy from Unova wasn't sure why this random kid who had just come in from route one, like he and Alex had a few moments before, had decided to just introduce himself to some complete strangers with no preface, but he supposed that might just be the way people were in Kanto. He just glanced at Alex and shrugged. "Guess we should just go to the Pokemon Center and ask, then...? Oh yeah, the Professor said we should sign up there, anyways. So I guess we head there?"

Friedrich was so nervous about going to the Viridian Forest that he could practically feel his heart rate slow down. He took a few deep breaths ,and threw on a mask of confidence, "I'm ready when you are!" Friedrich said. In truth Friedrich was really hoping they would head down route 2 avoiding the forest all together. Friedrich looked to the distance, "Normally I go down route 2 to get to Pewter City. The forest is pretty thick with trees. beautiful really. So many fascinating pokémon to observe and study. Truly remarkable specimens worthy of further examination" Friedrich said. Bugs weren't Friedrich's favorite type by a longshot ,but he wasn't particularly afraid up bugs. It didn't help the fact that they crawled around ,and were typically either slippery or had many legs. Such unusual qualities to find in a pokémon.

Despite Friedrich's fears he was quite excited about going as with such a lush dense forested area Friedrich could find tons of research of evolution. Viridian Forest was tingling with life in every facet of its surrounding area. Friedrich's love of learning did help him feel less nervous. Even if it was only enough to walk twenty paces northbound. Friedrich at the very least was somewhat comforted to the thought he wasn't going alone. He had Vulkan as well as Akira and Amethyst. "Think positie Friedrich!" Friedrich thought to himself. When Amethyst talked about map directions Friedrich doubted the reliability of the phone mapping ,but he didn't want to say anything just to add unnecessary stress on the group.

~Meanwhile...~

"That's terrible! I had no idea! What rotten scoundrels! Im really sorry to hear!" Nyoko said shocked. As soon as Grace showed the pokédexs any shock quickly became excitement. Nyoko's eyes lit up when she saw the sky blue one, "That one please miss" Nyoko said cheerfully. "Look Kishima! it's perfect" Nyoko said, "delllli!" Kishima cheered. As Nyoko and Kishima exchanged cheerful smiles Grace mention new features, "New? features?? and wow! a pokédex ,aaand something else?? Today really is my lucky day Kishima! unlike that exploding gift you gave me the other day..." Nyoko said looking at Kishima with a dumbfound expression. "Dell dell..." Kishima sighed. Nyoko turned to Professor Grace with excitement and curiosity.

Terumi looked at Cooper before glancing at Flare, who was aiding the Lilipup in trying to chase the pidgeys.
"Oh yeah, He came with me when I moved from Galar to Kanto, around 4 months ago." he said.
Terumi then called Flare back over to his side, who was starting to wander off, as it usually tried to do.
"Also, what's this about a Gym Challenge? Haven't heard of one before now." He said, with an edge of excitement in his voice.
Despite just meeting them a few moments ago, Terumi felt as if he should stick around these two for now, as they seemed like they were good trainers, which is something Terumi always liked.

Connor woke up to a bunch of Rattatas and Pidgeys eating his bed. He didn't mind, that would've been him if it wasn't for the distortion world on earth. He walked out of his home, which looked new on the outside. But on the inside was infested with disgusting sights. He decided to see if somebody was in the lab since he wanted to hurry up and try to find something he wanted to do. When he looked at the lab a bunch of strangers and a lab in ruins were in his face. He didn't mind though. That was his house. He just decided to knock on what he thought was the door to see who...or what would answer.

Cooper shrugged, "Nothing really important from my point of view," He bent over, plucking another daisy from the ground. He stared at it for a few seconds before he finished his thought, "I don't understand why people want to put all their energy into collecting shiny badges and bragging rights, but who am I to judge." He gave a quiet whistle, Wooper perked up, hopping back over to him. Wooper grabbed the daisy from Cooper, gnawing it, before Cooper wrapped his arms around Wooper, and lifting himself back off the ground. "Well, I'm heading over to the Pokecenter, maybe they have some tea this time."

Alex frowned a bit. What was the point of asking for help from someone who lived in the area if they were clueless. Even though she was forbidden to near the gym, and anything else revolving around trainers except for the school, she was able to give directions to the place. She sighed. "Supposedly there is. I expected someone who lived here to know that. Even if they moved four months ago. Heck! I just came here today and I know that." She took a breath. "Sorry, just I'm a little aggravated right now." She then looked at Cooper and started to follow him, due to the fact they wanted to go to the Pokemon center. "Well, they are more than just bragging rights. They grant passage into the league. And I've wanted to do that for a long time now, just never had the opportunity until recently. So to me, it isn't bragging rights, it's a step forward to achieving my dream." Henry looked back at his trainer and ran after her until he caught up, barking.

Akira was very excited to be in the forest. He was a grass type trainer anyway. He loved the idea of all the pokemon that he would be able to see there. He was also really wanting to see if he could find a pokemon that would join him on his journey. As such, he was a little bit hyper when he talked about the forest and how he hoped to see that types of grass type pokemon that may live there. With a spring in his step, Akira greeted the person in the ranger's station, and walked off into the forest. "Come on let's go. I want to have the chance to see the types of pokemon that they have it here." With that Akira led the three of them into the forest. It should be said that Akira, may not look like he would enjoy the forest, but he felt right at home surrounded by the trees. He also felt as if the place held a bit of history to it. The place was the start in many trainer's journey. With his excitement, Akira did not notice that he was being followed by a small caterpie. It should be noted that Akira had this air about him that gave off that he was someone that was kind to a fault.

Grace was happy to see that trainer's were as happy as they could be. She knew that they would be the ones to lead the new group of pokemon on the way to excellence. "If you will follow me, I will take you to the portable PC that I have designed with the help of my friend and colleague."

David pulled out a Pokeball and returned his Accelgor. The relaxed dude had said he planned to go to the Pokemon Center, so David figured he would just follow the guy there instead of trying to find it. As they began to walk he entered into the discussion about Gyms and the league. "Yeah, and besides, I think it'll be fun. Might even become famous... although, I don't really know if I want that..." He glanced over at Alex. He still hadn't fully gotten over leaving home. He hadn't had much choice, but he sometimes still missed being with his family. At least he got to travel with his best friend, though.

Amethyst hadn't paid much attention as they passed through the gatehouse. She was a bit anxious, and didn't feel like she had time to stop and browse. If she had, se might have discovered that the rangers were able to rent camping supplies, and you just had to return them at the gatehouse at the other side of the forest. But she didn't see that, and quickly found herself walking through the slowly darkening forest with her two companions. She could sense Pokemon moving about all around them; a rustle here, a flicker of movement there. She ignored them, mostly. She had Ren to deal with any bugs that jumped out at them. But as they walked and it began to get darker, she began to worry. "Uhh... guys...? Any idea how long it will be until we get to Pewter...?"

Friedrich was just a couple paces behind Akira when they headed into the woods. Friedrich knew there would more than likely be no turning back after now. Even though the gatehouse was still in eyesight Friedrich just knew the others wouldn't want to turn back now. Part of Friedrich felt the same as this was possibly the best oppertunity for him to gain research before reaching Pewter City. Friedrich maintained his happy face as he continued walking in the woods.

Friedrich looked to Amethyst as she asked about when they would arrive in Pewter City, "We got a long way to go. The trails is the safest way to go ,but if you do that it will take longer. Though for someone inexperienced in survival skills i'd detest against straying too far from the main path. There are some places in the woods that should be noted however to be... well. Less than maintained. To put it plainly. Even with the pathways it's still possible to get lost so its important to be cautious" Friedrich noted. Despite his concern he was duly excited about seeing more pokémon. Friedrich didn't even care that they were bug pokémon. Friedrich placed his hand over his bag feeling his journal safely in his bag before putting his hand back over Vulkan as he continued to walk down the path.

~Meanwhile...~

"Wooow! That's So Cool Professor! thanks. I'll be sure to put this to good use" Nyoko said putting her things away. She smiled and gave Professor Grace a big tight hug before stepping back, "Thanks for everything! I'll be sure to call you! Or better! send you a picture or two of from my travels!" Nyoko said, "Deli deli deli!!!" Kishima cheered with equal excitement. "Nyoko paused as she heard the knocking, "What's with that knocking? don't they know the place is open?" Nyoko said. She headed over to the door. She turned to Professor Grace, "Bye again!" Nyoko said opening the door. She looked at the young black haired boy, "Come on in. Professor Grace is right over there" Nyoko said smiling before walking past him, "Deli deli!" Kishima cheered as it followed her.

After leaving she set her sights on route 1. After taking two quick pictures of Pallet Town she made her way to route 1. It didn't take her long to get to Viridian City as she remembered the pathway she had tooken prior, "It's beginning to get late Kishima... We should consider finding a place to stay soon. If we camp in the Viridian Forest we can have an amazing oppertunity to get great pictures ,but on the other hand I need my beauty sleep... but on the other hand I'd be that closer to Pewter City ,and I want to see that museum's new attraction I've been hearing about Kishima. We can just eat beans from a can or something or find something from the pokémart to eat while we stay in the forest. I already got a sleeping bag so I got that covered" Nyoko said. "Del del..." Kishima grumbled to itself a it was hoping to stay at the pokécenter.

Nyoko's eyes lit up when she saw the treeline, "Look Kishima! If you look far enough into the trees... look closer. Closer. Its gonna getcha!" Nyoko yelled, "Deeeelli! delliiii!!" Kishima jumped with fright. "hahaha! I'm sorry Kishima! I was just messing around ,but seriously though look at those trees! You can tell this is a forest by just looking. I can't even see the other side. The trees are just so thick you can't even hardly see that far into the forest. I already did my research Kishima. Theres mostly just bugs in this here forest. According to some sources there are pikachu that can be found in this forest as well ,but there aren't many sources that say that. It could just be a myth" Nyoko said as she continued to look towards the forest. They eventually decided to head towards the gate house.

As the stranger let him in he could only wonder why he didn't decide to walk in by himself as the professor should've been knowing of his arrival. He then seen a woman in a sundress under a lab coat. He thought she was single and trying to get a hot hunk trainer to mingle. Furthermore, he could see that no pokemon was there. It looked as if it was robbed, which would explain the strangers. Still, he wondered if Professor Grace even noticed the door was being knocked since she was currently in her Lala land. Alas, he tried to be nice. Even though he wanted to say some words that might not be professional.

"Hello? I'm...Kai from the Orphanage. Are you Professor Oak's Assistant?...or are you the new professor or whatever. Anyways, I'm here to get my pokemon from the lab. It was a Bulbasaur. Unless...you don't have one." Connor thought. He wanted to make sure he was still off the grid because his orphanage wanted to keep him off in case a "terrible accident" occurred and killed him. Plus, he thought it was kinda cool to say he was off the grid. Of course, he shouldn't tell anybody.

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
Ben gave a woot "Heck yeah! I'm down to eat." the started out the center.
Riolu gave a small nod and followed his trainer, then jumped on his shoulder.
As he went, Ben was mulling over his battle strategies. He was muttering a couple things while riolu nodded or cringed in response.

(OOC: Sorry for the horrible post. I wasn't sure how to stretch it beyond 5 words)

NDB

“Alright,” Neo said with a smile. “Let’s see what Pewter City has to offer!” With Dahde on his head, Neo lead Ben outside of the PokéCenter. The sun was just starting to set casting a yellowish hue to the sky. Neo pulled out his PokéGear and opened up the map. He filtered the locations to restaurant and a list appeared with their locations marked by small red dots, each with a different letter. Neo’s location was marked with a small yellow arrow. “Let’s what we have here,” he mused out loud. “There’s a small ramen place down the street from here. There’s also a seafood restaurant a bit farther down the street as well.” He turned to Ben. “What do you feel like?”

"Right, I know the whole song and dance." Cooper said, continuing to walk to the center "You capture a bunch of Pokemon, you fight for glory, participate in fights, in hopes to become this 'commercial hero' known as a champion." Wooper tilted his head to look up at Cooper, it had a noticeable frown on its face and used a light water gun on his cheek. Cooper felt the light spray and gave a little chuckle, trying to nuzzle Wooper with his cheek, only to frown and sigh. "And if you consider your Pokemon too weak or have no use for them, you'll either abandon them or lock them up in a PC" He said, moving his arms in order to pet Wooper. His eyes darted up as he walked closer to the red building. "And there it is"

@RenzFlintrock @ThePlayfulFox @Aleph: Null

Alex listened and glared at Cooper. She wanted so badly to shout. To tell him she had no choice. That she would starve otherwise. That she couldn't stop to smell flowers because of the fact she had to act like an adult. She held it in though. She kept quiet by stroking Henry, who she picked up part way to the Pokecenter. She kept quiet until the last portion though. Rage bubbled inside of her. Such an act was terrible in her eyes, abandoning a Pokemon and sending them into the unknown place of a PC. To be grouped into such numbskulls by someone who didn't even know her that well was downright insulting! "For one, it's a group effort. I make the plans, they do the hard work. Secondly, who said anything about becoming Champion?! The pay is good in battles and we need the money. Plus, as a kid I found the idea of a group of extremely strong trainers interesting, like something from a myth. Thirdly, why would you ever think that way about someone you never met before! Why would you ever think I would do such a heartless thing!" She shook her head and opened the Pokecenter's door as Henry looked up at her with worry. She glared at Cooper. "Maybe understand someone's situation before assuming what they'll do." She whipped around and entered the center, taking a few steps before stopping and cringing at her resort.

David shared a similar indignant response to his friend. He was about to lash out himself, but Alex got to it first. He gave a grim nod of agreement with every point she made. When she went inside, he lagged behind just enough to glare at the man and say, “Seriously man. Not cool.” and then he went inside after his friend. He felt pretty angry, so he had to take a moment to calm himself. Then, once he had settled himself, he placed a hand on Alex’s shoulder. “C’mon, let’s go figure things out.” He walked over to the front desk.

“Excuse me. Where do I get my Pokémon healed?”

The young woman behind the counter gave a bright smile.

“Right here. Just make sure they’re in their Pokéballs, and put them on this tray. We’ll need to see your Pokédex or your trainer ID so we can return them do you once we’re done.”

“Oh, thanks. We went by the professor’s lab in Pallet Town earlier, and the professor said we could sign up for the league challenge here, too. Is that true...?”

“Yes, it is! You can sign up pretty easily while we give your Pokémon a check up.”

“Oh, okay. Thanks.”

He pulled out the Pokéballs that contained Puff, Helm, and his newly caught Rattata. He set them down in the tray and looked behind him.

“Are you going to get your Pokémon checked up on, too, Alex?”

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
"Ramen." Ben said immediately before reconsidering "I mean-uh-yeah no screw it. I want ramen."
Riolu seemed to give him a disappointed look, which Ben ignored. He knew he had to eat health at some point, but he was still skinny, and maybe moseying around Kanto would be enough to keep his weigh and muscles in check....right?
Anyways, Ben was grateful Neo had a working Poketech. Otherwise he'd have to use his stylus, buggy voice command an all.

Akira was not really paying attention to what the others were saying, as he was far too interested in the fauna of the forest. Which is what led to him basically going off of the path as he spotted a rare flower that grew in Viridian forest. "Oh my gosh, I can not believe that we stumbled across a flower like this here. I thought they were supposed to be very rare here in Kanto." The flower in question was a very dark purple, that faded to black on the bottom of the petals. For one thing Akira practically ran off the path and into the trees, leaving his two friends there in his excitement.

Grace looked to the new person who entered her lab. Though the kid was younger then she normally saw with the group that had come in earlier. "Yes my name is Grace Oak, and the professor of this lab. Well I am sorry to say that we are out of pokemon at this point in time. Though I do have a solution if you will follow me. I am going to contact my friend who works in a lab in Johto. I am sure he will have a pokemon for you. If you will follow me I will see what I can do." Grace took a walk to one of the labtops that was on the deck in the far back, in an undamaged corner of the lab. She sat down, and opened up the laptop. She started to type, and as she did her smile grew more. "Well young man you are in luck. They have one bulbasaur that is need of a home. They are sending them over shortly. While we wait, I will set you up with some supplies." With the pokemon squared away, she led the boy back to pokedexs and set out one of every color for him to choose. "Take your pick of colors, all of them are good, while I grab your other supplies." Grace then grabbed a backpack for the boy, as she thought he might be a bit lost without something to guide him. With care she began to pack food and other things for the young lad, as she did not see him bring in much. Grace had also decided to grab a set of clothes for the boy from the storage room. Grace had always kept things like this around for trainers who do not have as much as others. With her arms full, she headed back to the boy. "Now I know that you probably just came in here for a pokemon and a pokedex, but you looked like you could use a bit of help, so I decided to give you somethings that I have had around the lab for awhile now."

"I've definitely never seen a flower like that before. My research with evolutionary studies keeps me pretty busy so I rarely study fauna though funny enough this little flower here seems to be adapting and potentially thriving in its environment quite nicely if I may add" Friedrich said as he pulled his journal out. He noted the flowers description in great detail, "marvelous!" Friedrich said. As Friedrich looked up he noticed Akira had vanished. Bewildered Friedrich looked around, "Akira? Where did you go? Nature call?" Friedrich said confused.

~Meanwhile...~

Nyoko began making her way to the Viridian Forest checkpoint when she nearly forgot to stop off at the pokémart, "Ah shoot Kishima! We need food!" Nyoko said as she turned back, "Luckily its just over here" Nyoko said. Kishima happily skipped along behind her. As they went inside she grabbed a couple of candy bars and some food for her and her pokémon. She paid the cashier ready to head north again.

Last edited: