• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Pokemon Trainer RP

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Oh jeez!" Hunter said as he jumped out of his chair shocked about the fact Greninja was behind him "What a battle!" Hunter then got up & started applauding both Trainers after that intense battle. "Okay, may I challenge you next Falkner, after you heal your Pokemon of course" Falkner then nodded & walked off towards the Pokemon Center.

Greninja flipped over Hunter's head, landing in front of Nathan. "Great job buddy." Nathan said as he returned Greninja to his pokeball. "Hopefully you know how to beat Falkner Hunter."

"I feel like your Sceptile will take care of that." Nathan walked up to the spectator area and sat down. "This battle should be good" Nathan thought. "Especially how good his Sceptile is."

Ember stroked Alizure on top of the head a couple of times, scanning the surroundings. Her partner nudged her hand and pointed to a flock of pidgey overhead. "Yes, I see them. Let's go get some potions and see if they have any new Pokeballs." She said, turning and walking into the nearby shop.

"He should do, if he is still anything like he was back in Hoenn this should be a breeze." Then Falkner entered the room "Okay let's get this battle underway." Falkner said "Happy to." Hunter replied, Falkner sent out his Pidgey "Totodile I believe in you!" Hunter threw out his Totodile "Okay Totodile use Water Gun" Totodile took aim & went to hit the Pidgey "Pidgey Dodge & then use Tackle" Falkner exclaimed, Totodiles Water Gun clipped Pidgeys wing, who went for its Tackle "Totodile wait for it to get closer & use Water Gun." Pidgey got very close & Totodile used Water gun which then caused its wings to get wet which made flying near impossible so Pidgey was stuck on the ground "Yes Totodile! Use Bite now!" Totodile hit its Bite attack & then caused the Pidgey to faint "You did it Totodile! You won!" Hunter exclaimed "You must of got lucky" Falkner said as he brought out his Pidgeotto "Totodile go for another Water Gun." "Pidgeotto use Wing Attack" Falkner said as Pidgeotto hit its attack & made Totodile fainted "Damn unlucky Totodile, you battled hard." Hunter then returned Totodile & sent out Sceptile "Lets finish this, Sceptile." Hunter exclaimed.

(OOC: Falkner's Pidgeotto actually doesn't know Wing Attack. It only knows Gust, Tackle, and Sand-Attack.)

Nathan saw how Hunter battled, and was surprised for how good he did. "Using Water Gun to prevent Pidgey from flying. Not bad at all Hunter!" Nathan thought. "All he has to do is beat Falkner's Pidgeotto."

Sceptile use "Quick Attack to get to Pidgeotto" Sceptile then darted up into the air & aimed to hit Pidgeotto, but Pidgeotto was too quick & flew out of the way "Pidgeotto use gust Sceptile" Falkner said Pidgeotto did so hitting its mark as Sceptile hit the ground & didn't seem to get up, Hunter then smirked "Why are you smiling? You've lost!" Falkner said "Sceptile, Rock Tomb!" the attack caught Pidgeotto & Falkner off guard & he then knocked Pidgeotto to the ground "Okay now use Leaf Blade & finish this!" Sceptile then ran towards the near unconscious Pokemon hitting its mark knocking out Pidgeotto "We did it, Sceptile! We won our first gym battle in Johto!" Hunter exclaimed smiling with a joyous tone.

(OOC: Damn sorry I didn't know)

Nathan had a surprised expression. "Even while taking a super effective hit, Sceptile still continued, and used the element of surprise to his advantage." Nathan walked over to Hunter. "Great battle dude!" He lifted his hand for a high-five.

Nathan exited the gym and pulled out his map. "Now we got to get to Azalea Town. We just got to go through Route 32 which is over there," Nathan pointed over to where the route was. "Then we go through Union Cave, pass Route 33, and the sign when we get to Azalea Town is when we start to see tons of Slowpoke."

"I'll get our badges then...." Hunter then got both of the badges & went outside & gave Nathan his badge "Here you go" Hunter said handing Nathan his badge, "Well I'm gonna go heal my Pokemon then go see whats in that tower over there." Hunter said pointing towards the massive tower in the city.

Nathan then looked over to the tower. "How did I not see that massive building!?" Nathan went with Hunter to heal his Pokemon, then he went to check the tower.

After healing his Pokemon Hunter noticed that the sun was going down, he headed into the tower looking about he could see a lot of of trainers with Bellsprouts & some Rattatas scurrying across the floor, after looking around for a while Hunter went some stairs to find more of the same, he then went up another leave & he was in a dark room "Well this doesn't seem very interesting" Hunter said, then he felt a shiver go down his back.

Ember successfully purchased couple more odd Pokeballs and a few potions. She shuffled out of the shop, a GS ball in her hand with Alizure following. She examined it for a moment, then handed it to her partner, as he was peering at it curiously and reaching for it. The disguised zoroark tilted his head and peered at it through one eye as they walked further into the town.

"Same it's an unnerving feeling" Suddenly a shadowy ball like figure appeared in front of Hunter "Ahhh!" Hunter screamed throwing out Sceptile, "Sceptile use Night Slash on that floating thing!" Sceptile followed his command & tried to hit the ball shaped Pokemon but the Pokemon seemed to fade back into the shadows "Keep your guard up, Sceptile." The Pokemon then made a noise "Gastly..." Gastly then licked Sceptile, "Sceptile use Night Slash while you can still see Gastly." Sceptile hit the Gastly & it seemed to hit the floor. Hunter then threw a Pokeball at the Pokemon, it rolled once, twice & three times clicking with Hunter catching it he then walked over to the Pokeball & picked it up

"Umm.... What the heck just happened?" Nathan barely even saw what happened because of the darkness of the room. Nathan exited the building, and heard a strange cry. Like, something was in pain. Nobody around town seemed to notice the cries. "Do you hear that sound Hunter?" Nathan had a pretty confused face.

Nathan kept on hearing cries. He then slightly heard the words, "Help me". Nathan then saw a clear picture in his mind of the situation. Nathan then dashed over to Route 32. He figured the event in his head was happening here. The cries became louder and louder. Nathan was getting close.

"Oh okay, yeah I'll see you at the Pokemon Center then, I've gotta couple calls to make" Hunter then left the tower healed up his Pokemon & then called some of his Hoenn friends asking them how they were doing, Hunter then started to talk to some other trainers at the Pokemon Center.

Ember sat on the edge of the river in front of Sprout Tower and put her feet in the water. Alizure sat beside her and did the same. She closed her eyes and listened closely to the ambiance, relaxing.

Nathan then saw past a few trees, a Heracross getting attacked by some Noctowl. he then sent out his two Pokemon, Breloom and Greninja. "Okay. Protect that Heracross!" Breloom quickly jumped in front of the cowering Heracross, And threw two Mach Punches, fainting two of the Noctowl. Greninja was in a tree, waiting for an opportunity to strike. Greninja then used Night Slash on one of the Noctowl, then jumping to the other Noctowl, hitting it with a Smack Down! Heracross noticed it got rescued, and excitingly thanked Breloom and Greninja. When it saw Nathan coming, it already knew that the Pokemon that saved him, were his Pokemon. He never got asked to, but he joined Nathan's team.

After talking for some time to the people who where at the Pokemon Center, Hunter then realised he should probably go look for Nathan. Hunter first went down to Route 32 & he then saw Nathan just standing there. "Where you gonna leave with out me, Nathan?"

Nathan noticed Hunter behind him. "I wasn't. I just seemed to have this voice in my head that lead me here. Also I got a new Pokemon." Nathan threw a pokeball, sending out a Heracross! "It was getting attacked by some Noctowl so I helped it out."

"I don't think so. So lets get moving!" Luckily, They weren't that far from Union Cave. Nathan had his Pokemon outside their pokeballs, giving a lot of attention to Nathan and his Pokemon, since his Pokemon aren't found in the region.

Hunter looked around & noticed a lot of people staring at Nathans Pokemon. "You might want to put your Pokemon away, unless you want to battle someone." Hunter then stared a couple of the trainers down, with a very serious face not breaking this face at all, this made some of the trainers gaze their direction away from Hunter & Nathan. But some kept looking not intimidated at all by Hunters stare. 'These must be the stronger Pokemon Trainers' Hunter thought to himself nodding at the ones who kept looking at Hunter even after he gave the most menacing glare he could.

Last edited:
"Yeah your right." Nathan returned his Pokemon. He saw the cave, and dashed towards it. "Come on!" Nathan yelled, "We're at Union Cave!" Nathan entered the cave, seeing Zubats hanging on stalagmites. "We better be quiet." Nathan whispered, not wanting another Crobat encounter. "I've heard there are rare sightings of Lapras in this cave." Nathan still had his quiet tone. "We might have to catch one."

"Lapras, wow their in this cave?" Hunter said in a normal tone "Also can you speak up, I can barely hear you." Hunter had a puzzled look on his face wondering why Nathan would be whispering, Hunter looked up towards where Nathan was just staring. "Oh hey, look its some Zubats" Hunter then pointed up to a group of Zubats "Neat, alright then which way do we go to leave this cave? I'm already bored" Hunters tone made him sound like a small kid whining about not getting candy from the store.

Nathan didn't know where to exit the cave. What he did know was that the exit was by a small pond in the cave. Then Nathan heard strange singing. It started from one voice, then two, then multiple! "Do you hear that singing?"

"Yeah its like a choir in here." Hunters head darted around trying to notice what was singing or at least get a general direction of where it was coming from. "You know this isn't too bad." Hunter said cracking a smile obviously joking.

"You think it could be some Lapras? I've heard they have the most soothing voices when singing." Nathan felt calmer hearing the sweet voices in the cave. Nathan then heard the singing get louder. "We're probably getting close to whoever is singing."

"Yeah it might be, it'd be pretty cool though. Like if it was Lapris." Hunter said following swiftly behind Nathan. "It's not as soothing as I expected but it's kinda growing on me." Hunter then put his hands in his pockets & pulled out a packet of gum with a smile on his face, which he opened & chucked a piece in his mouth & started chewing away at the piece of gum.

Nathan saw between two rocks, seeing a hard, grey shell. Nathan stopped walking and looked behind the rock, Seeing tons of Lapras! "Dude! Look at this!" Nathan yelled, not interrupting the song.

Hunter then stopped behind Nathan, "Wow, thats amazing..." Hunter said with an astonished look on his face, Hunter stood there shocked at how many Lapras there where. Hunter tried to speak but was lost for words & all he did was just watch & listen to them. Hunter then sat down on the ground up against a rock facing the Lapras. "Take a seat, I want to see hear all of this & see if they do anything else this cool" Hunter was obviously very excited by this group of Lapras.

"Okay then." Nathan sat on a rock next to Hunter. "Our Pokemon need to see this too you know." Nathan said with a grin, sending out his Pokemon. Heracross had glittering eyes, Breloom just sat down, and Greninja couldn't even move.

"Smart thinking." Hunter then threw out Sceptile, Totodile & Gastly, Sceptile was captivated, Totodile was doing a little happy dance & Gastly just watched with its eyes showing it was as intreseted as Hunter was, after waiting for a while the song started to draw its self out, not seeming like it'd stop anytime soon. "Well then, shall we get going?" Hunter asked about to get off the rocky floor & return his Pokemon to their Pokeballs.

"Yep. Let's go!" Nathan returned his Pokemon, and spotted the exit. "The exit is on the other side of this pond! Second gym badge here we come!"Nathan dashed around the pond, quickly exiting the cave. Nathan then stopped, seeing a wall of sleeping Slowpokes! Nathan couldn't say anything. "Ummm... How the heck did this happen!?" Nathan tried pushing the Slowpokes, but they barely moved.

Hunter then returned his Pokemon after getting off the floor & started to follow Nathan at a slower pace than usual just wanting to hear more of the Lapras, "Well, well, well. Whats this then?" Hunter watched Nathan fail to push one of the Slowpokes out of the way. After observing for a bit "They're probably just asleep, try jumping over one & if that doesn't work then I can wake them up." Hunter then looked at Nathan waiting for him to attempt to jump a Slowpoke.

Status
Not open for further replies.