• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Pokemon Trainer RP

Status
Not open for further replies.
James notice the trainers he climbed further up the tree to avoid contact unfortunately he slipped and landed next to Stacy "uh um hi!" He fulstered his axew landed on his chest

"Oh damn, are you alright?" Hunter said putting his hand out to help James up from the ground attempting to hold back laughter "& hello there"

"I'm Hunter, nice to meet you." Hunter said, "I was actually on my way to Violet City if you guys want to come along. I heard they have a gym there."

Last edited:
Nathan finally recovered from his encounter with the Flaaffy and headed back toward Cherrygrove City. "Better get more potions and stuff." Nathan thought, "Don't know when I'm gonna need some." On the way to the pokemon center, Nathan saw two boys seemingly taller than him conversing with each other. He figured he would say hello after he got some stuff. A few minutes later Nathan walked out of the pokemon center, with tons of potions in his satchel. He walked up to one of the boys and said, "Well hello there!"

"Oh, hi. My names Hunter." Hunter said a little shocked, he then looked at the person who just came up & greeted him. "I'm gonna assume you're also a trainer, I was just suggesting we should go to Violet City because I heard there was a gym there. Would you like to come with us?"

"Sure!" Nathan said with excitement. "Also, I'm Nathanael! But you can call me Nathan!" Nathan seemed excited to be traveling with other people. The only person he ever traveled with was his brother, Matthew, in Kalos.

"Okay then Nathan, this is Tracey" Hunter said pointing towards Tracey "& this is Lucy." He said pointing towards Lucy, "& over there is Jack." He said motioning towards Jack. "They're gonna be coming along with us & there was Ember but she's seemed to of vanished, along with Felix. Oh well I'm sure they'll catch up to us. Shall we get going?" Hunter asked the group of trainers with an excited look in his eyes.

"Well I want get a move on. Don't want to see another Mareep in this area." Nathan then showed a little burn on his left arm. It seemed pretty new, but was almost about to heal.

"Yeah, so this is what happened. I was running through this route, trying to find a pokemon to add to my team. Then a Mareep strolled out of some grass. I started to pet it, thinking it wouldn't mind. Then the grass the Mareep came out of rustled. Three Flaaffy jumped out of the grass and shocked me. My Breloom came out of its pokeball and scared the Flaaffy, along with the Mareep, away."

"Oh jeez, well I hope you're okay. Those Flaffy don't sound very friendly either but at least your Breloom helped you. Well then lets get going, does anyone know the way?" Hunter asked the group.

"I know." Nathan pulled out a map from his backpack. "We just gotta go through Route 30, enter an unnamed cave, go through Route 31, and then we're at Violet city!" Nathan put his map back in his backpack and started running towards Cherrygrove. "Route 30 is just this way!!" Nathan shouted.

She carefully snagged her bag on the way up and pulled herself onto the largest branch she could see. Niko slid carefully off her shoulder and walked along the branch like a cat, investigating to see if it was safe. Ember hanged her bag on a branch above her head so that she could access it. She pulled out a sketchbook and a pencil and sat down.

"Hey wait up!" Hunter screamed chasing after Nathan as he started to run Hunter caught up. "Hey c'mon lets slow down. No need to run lets take our time & look around, ya know don't need to go from town to town, we wouldn't have much fun then would we?"

"I guess so." Nathan always seemed to have a smile. He then started walking, looking around at everything. He saw a Noctowl in a nest, feeding some hungry Hoot-Hoot. The Noctowl feed 3 berries to each of the Hoot-Hoot. Problem was, the Noctowl only gathered 8 berries. One of the Hoot-Hoot was left a little starving. Nathan put his hand in his bag, finding a Lum berry and throwing it into the nest. The Hoot-Hoot ate the berry swiftly. The Noctowl then cooed thankfully. "You welcome!" Nathan said to the Noctowl with a grin.

"See, no need to rush all the time. Lets just walk for now." Hunter said after watching what just happened. "So it was Route 30 we need to get to?"

"Yeah. Should be just ahead." Right as Nathan said this he saw the route. "And there it is. Route 30!" Nathan seemed like he wanted to rush, but he didn't. Then, three Flaaffy appeared in front of them! "You guys again?" Nathan seemed surprised that they came for what he thought was a rematch. Then something appeared behind the Flaaffy. It was an Amphraos! "I have a feeling this isn't gonna end well." Nathan then took out a pokeball, and threw it into the air. A Greninja popped out of the pokeball, sending fear into the Flaaffy's hearts. "You gonna battle or not Hunter?" Nathan seemed to have a serious face.

"This looks like it'll be fun." Hunter said tossing a pokeball out, his Sceptile appeared. Sceptile had a smirk on his face as he was happy to take part in what seemed like a tough battle, "Okay I'll let you pick who you want to take on, Nathan."

"I'm going for the Flaaffy. Try and lure the Amphraos into the forest so it doesn't cause to much damage." Nathan looked at the Flaaffy, with a big smirk. "Greninja! Water Shuriken!" Greninja started compressing water, leaving him vulnerable to attack. The Flaaffy used Thunder Shock on Greninja. Greninja withstood the damage and shot out three Water Shurikens, hitting each of the Flaaffy.

"Sceptile use quick attack on the Amphraos & then run towards the forest" Sceptile followed the commands very quickly at lightning quick speed hitting the Amphraos with power, this only made the Amphraos angry. It then charged towards Sceptile "Okay Sceptile dodge the Amphraos & run into the forest, but make sure to come back." Sceptile then did these moves & ran as fast as he could into the woods with the angry Amphraos following behind, about two minutes past & Sceptile came back & smirked very proud of himself. "Great job, Sceptile!" Hunter said very proud of his best & favorite Pokemon.

"Greninja! Night Slash!" Greninja slashed the three Flaaffy, fainting them all at once. "Great job Greninja." Nathan said proudly, returning him to his pokeball. "Well that was unexpected. But your Sceptile's pretty good at battling!"

She had just started to sketch out a Lugia's body when a battle seemed to have broken out. She gasped and jumped, nearly falling out of the tree. She grasped onto the branch and looked around, searching for the source of the fighting. Her eyes locked on a Greninja and a few Mareep, along with an Ampharos a couple ten yards away. "The Greninja's at a severe disadvantage." She snorted, relaxing her grip on the branch and watching as the battle ended.

"Thanks! My Greninja actually got me to the champion! But her Gardevoir was too powerful! Plus, she had a type advantage." Nathan continued walking to Route 30, seeing pokemon such as, Ledyba, Bellsprout, Caterpie, and Ryhorn.

Hunter returned his Sceptile "Wow, the champion, now that's impressive. Do you know what kinda Pokemon the Gym leader uses at Violet City?"

Nathan started thinking. "I'm pretty sure he uses flying type Pokemon. Should've captured one of those Flaaffy." Nathan started think more and more about how to beat the first gym leader, Falkner. "We have to at least catch a rock or electric type Pokemon. Your Sceptile might not be the best match against his Pidgeotto."

"Yeah, my Totodile isn't a good choice either, maybe we'll find some more Flaaffy or I might try catch a flying Pokemon to see if I can beat him in the air." Hunter starting wondering what his battle tactics could be if he couldn't find any Pokemon that would have the type advantage or that could at least fly.

Ember relaxed in the tree and listened to the passing conversation while sketching out Lugia again. I've already beaten all the gym leaders. They're gonna get a huge surprise if they end up challenging Lance. She sniffed to herself, watching her quilava nap farther out on the branch.

"Wow is that true?" Hunter then took the TM from Nathan, "Thanks man!" Sceptile was released "Alright Sceptile, I'm gonna teach you Rock Tomb alright, I don't think we'll be needing Mega Drain anymore." Hunter then taught his Sceptile Rock Tomb. "We might as well test it out, just try it out infront of us, Sceptile." Sceptile then looked at the ground for a couple seconds & then these pillars of rock appeared out of no where. "Woah! Sceptile you did it!" Hunter said with obvious excitement in his voice "Scep, Sceptile." Sceptile then said smirking happy with himself after acing this new move.

Nathan had a big grin as well. "Well. He sure knows how to do it! If his Pidgeotto is to fast for you, then just hit it with a Rock Tomb and lower it's speed!" Nathan got to Route 30, with a grin. "The cave shouldn't be too far now!"

Nathan followed Hunter into Route 30, seeing many Sentret and Ledyba. To Nathan, this Route had similar things to the forest in Kalos, Santalune Forest. He was now having flashbacks of him and his brother entering Santalune Forest. Where his brother caught his first Pokemon, Pikachu.

"So are you excited for your first gym battle in Johto, Nathan?". Hunter started to look around Route 30 pretty astonished at how many different Pokemon there were here compared to Hoenn. "Man, Johto has almost none of the same Pokemon you can find in Hoenn. This is exciting!"

Nathan then snapped out of his flashback. "Oh.. Yes I am!" Then he noticed some Sentret and a Furret circle around him, with empty stomachs. Nathan then crouched down. "You guys need some food?" The Pokemon nodded yes. Nathan then opened his satchel and took out some Oran and Durin berries. "Here you go guys." Nathan said, handing each of the Pokemon a berry. They scurried off, with berries in there mouths. Nathan got up and kept on walking.

"How many berries to you have in that?" Hunter asked smirking, Hunter kept walking forward but then ran into a Furret who was getting very close & looked some what angry "Hey there, little guy. Whats up?" Hunter said kneeling down. The Furret then headbutted Hunter in the shin "Oww! Go Totodile." Totodile popped out of his Pokeball "Okay Totodile use Water Gun!" Totodile then opened his jaw & hit the Furret head on making it fly back a bit, which then caused it to run off not expecting for much of a fight. "Great work Totodile! Now return." Hunter then returned his Pokemon. "Well that was interesting."

"You okay?" Nathan asked worryingly. "That Furret seemed to hit you hard." Then Nathan had another flashback. Nathan was sitting in a tree, feeling the cool breeze. Then, a Bunnelby climbed up the tree and sat next to him. "Well hello there little guy." Nathan said, petting the Bunnelby. It felt uncomfortable and used Double Slap on Nathan, making him fall off the tree. When Nathan hit the ground, he had a big, red, bruise on his knee.

"Yeah I'm fine, don't worry about it. Your eyes seem to glaze over a lot, don't they." Hunter then looked around to make sure no other Pokemon would try to attack him all of a sudden.

Status
Not open for further replies.