• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Pokemon Infinity Academy!

Can I make a teacher as well? I can do so if possible... my characters needs a roommate though and I think I'mma go to bed now so I'll respond in the morning.)

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
@9012_dirt first of all, it gets 5 days to get there on boat, secondly, you're leaving when everyone is asleep. you can just start after the timeskip and have your oc already be there

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Guys, most people are asleep and I need to sleep right now so goodbye until the morning for a few minutes and afternoon. By the way my time zone is est so it's 11:16 pm right now

Okay.... since I wasn't exactly prepared for the time skip since ya'll did it anyway... I suppose I'll have my character sleep and wake up. (Though I will be needing to tell that she did go to the office and then go over to her room that prior day since it wouldn't make sense for her to suddenly teleport to said room haha.)

I'm back XD Shade and Flint will be partnering up to teach about Mega Evolution (as I see everybody was wondering). Shade will be teaching about how to take care of a Pokemon, some of their types/abilities, where they can be found, the anatomy of such, and a couple more, and Angel will be her aide on Z-Moves. Angel will also have a dance club. Flint will be teaching how to use your Pokemon to survive out in the wild, using moves in different scenarios, and some more I don't remember. But I'm back. Sorry about that :/

Let's just say Alakazam teleported every child/teacher/staff to the academy as the night goes on. The next day, nobody is able to get there because of Alakazam's energy levels dropped to a critical point and he can no longer teleport for a couple of days. This day after the time skip will be the day kids sign up for their classes (still might not get all their classes they sign up for).

Can I make the suggestion that we tone down the amount of teachers? Because right now there are loads and it's really going to take away from what they can do individually, I feel as if 3 is enough in myself, Pichu and Cosmic as it's his RP.
It'll make life a lot less complicated is all.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
I think around 5 is good enough. No offense pichu but you have like about 10 classes and there are some people that wanna be teachers too. Is it ok if we have just 2 more? Also im heading to school so I can reply for like 10 more min and then you have to wait about 8 and a half hours for me to come back

The problem with having about 5 teachers is that we don't have THAT many pupils... Also teacher roles need to be filled by experienced roleplayed and from what I can see there are a couple of newbies asking to take the job.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Well i planned on everyone having the same classes. If people are offline we just pretend they're not in class (like not talk to them) and then they can write about their point of view after the class ends or something

If you think you need an expierenced RPer as a teacher, I could do it. I'm normally online a good chunk of the day, but weekends are a no go.

Yeah, but it's only about 8ish hours this week. 8 on Saturday and 8 on Sunday. This will probably be my last weekend like that to, for a while

True true, I already know the horror of having a sub attempting to teach an entire class... I'd rather just stick to the original teachers to make things easier to second Nebula's point.

On another note... since lunch is coming up maybe sooner or later, I was wondering if there was a certain menu or if we just say what food they would give us.

You wish for it and the food teleports on the plates for you. Just like the Hogwarts' mess hall :)

Also, I could bring the lessons down a bit for Shade, but I will have to have experts of that certain Pokemon topic. No looking up Bulbapedia or any other site, unless it was quite a difficult thing to remember. Maybe looking it up for a second or two, just to see if you were correct and add a few things in your own words. We don't want plagiarizing. I learned most of these things for 11 years, and the only things I have to look up are where the Pokemon are located.

Among those 11 years of studying Pokemon, theories abounded XD So I'm not sure if I should let Shade go off on her theories XD It would probably be detrimental. Which is why I'm letting her have a club all about theories for many different topics, and not just Pokemon.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
You guys are being a bit mean to the people that want to be teachers. How about this, they give me a really good reason to become teachers and I accept.

I've run a Pokemon Trainer Academy RP before in the past, and if somewhat inexperienced RPers, or ones that break the rules, can often cause problems, and their lessons can be quite poor. And very contradictary to major plot points, but kinda doing whatever they feel like doing, instead of following there plot of the RP itself.

Yea... I'm not being mean. This is an Academy where people make staff members AND kids to learn. Yea, a lot of people would prefer to be teachers because they know a lot about Pokemon in real life and it takes a lot to dumb yourself down to roleplay as a student, but that's the fun of experimenting. This might as well be a teaching simulator than anything else if people want to be teachers.

@Ry_Burst is correct, as well. We can get kids, who hardly know anything or like to be in a position of power in an RP so they can do whatever they want, and stray from the main point of the RP. We don't want this RP to break if people are going to be like that.

I've already seen some RPs that toppled because of a serious post not fit for words to describe how horrendous it is that they made... (I'm looking at you, the one that decided to suddenly revert time back as if nothing happened! Seriously... that damn gets on my very last nerve when people do major things like that without giving even the teensiest warning.........)

*a baby Dragonite sits on his booster seat near the judge's table while holding his very tiny mallet that's fit for his small hands to hold up*

Yea. But remember, scheduling happens today, and not the classes. XD but you can start your class early, as a sort of "what I'll be expecting from you" kind of thing.