• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Pika's Sprites

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
The Vaporeon and Dragonair are excellent! You've given them a really good individuality with your shading style, and it really shows that you put effort into them! Well done!

The Umbreon does look very similar to the R/S/E sprite - you took that and made it darker, like you said. It shows, but your own shading style once again gives it individuality.

I'm very impressed with all of your sprites, you're definitely one of the better spriters around here.

For your next FF sprites, I'd love to see Locke and Squall :)
(Who's Benjamin? o.O)

Ah! Thanks, its perfect 'cept for one or two minor things, which I shall tweak myself (thanks for the permission!)

And ooo ooo ooo! Make Vincent Valentine from dirge of cerberus. It wasn't on the list but I think we can all agree he's pretty cool :D

Thanks Again!

~Slink

No problem, Slink, I know that a lot of things don't really look like the sprite you provided, so yeah. Glad you like it! And if you want to see Vincent, you got it! After I do Squall, though.

And Yoshimitsu, thank you sooo much for the compliments! They make me want to sprite more and better, thanks for supporting this thread! Also, Benjamin, haha, a lot of people don't really remember because he isn't really a part of the mainstream series, he's from Final Fantasy Mystic Quest, the main character which you get to name and control. I am planning to make characters from the minor series as well, so, if you haven't got the slightest inkling on who I'm talkin bout, just let me know. I listened to your suggestions, well, you are the only one who suggested before I got bored waiting for more, haha, so I made Locke Cole first.
A lot of things with him didn't look right, and another thing I hate about a lot of these FF VI characters: the bleach blonde hair. It sucks, it makes it a lot harder to make stand out. And aso, he has that white undershirt like Setzer does, so it may look like he isn't wearing anything again.
locketranz.png

Oops, I just noticed a little red dot next to him, I'll go in and fix it. What do you guys think? I duuunnnnooo, this one isn't as good I think, when I was scratching him, I couldn't get the proportions right at all, and his legs look sorta log-ish. I might try to redo him in a different pose, but I'd like some feedback first.​

I think it looks perty cool. Only the yellow thing on his face (mask?) looks a little off. Maybe outline it more clearly? Apart from that its tre' cool. Did you scratch the feet?

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
The yellow part is meant to be on his bandana, right? Try making it a little darker, and less like a hair colour. His clothes are blue too, not black. Otherwise, you've got a solid sprite there. With the right edits, it'll look perfect :)

I'm sorry, tainer_skye, but those IAWW's are very complicated, and my life has spun outta control lately, I am just sooo busy. And to prove it, this will be one of the few posts that I make without an update!

Yoshimitsu27, I'm sorry that I keep getting the colors wrong, I guess I'm not very good at telling dark blue apart from black, hehe, 'cause my references looked like he was wearing black, but I'll try it again. And I'll make the bandanna yellow darker.

Thanks for the compliments, Slink, I very much appreciate that. And it's alright, diamondphantom, I know we all have lives outside this screen.
So anyways, I'll try to get around to that Leon and Vincent sprite after I edit the Locke one, sorry for not having anything to show! :)

Edit: OKay, scratch that, hehe, the redo for Locke took a lot less time then I thought...I dunno why I thought it would take longer, but, yeah, here it is
locke2tranz.png

Does that color look about right to you, Yoshimitsu? If it needs to go darker, let me know.​

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
The yellow's still a big bright (have tried a darker, more gold colour?) but the rest of the colouring is perfect. It's a really good sprite! Well done and keep up the good work :)

Yeah, I was trying with a lot of different yellows, but for some reason, none of them looked right to me. I'll try his headband again. And if you can point me in the direction of a good reference for Leon, I'll start on him as soon as possible, otherwise I am gonna go straight to Vincent. But in the Meantime, I decided to stray a bit from the path, and I made Tifa Lockhart. She actually turned out exactly like an edit I did from Gardenia for my original character, haha. Well anyways, this is one of the FF characters that I did not scratch at all, except the upper legs because Gardenia's pants are soo darn poofy, lol.
tifatranz.png

I don't know, I kinda like it. What do you guys think? Recommendations are always welcome, *coughCoughYoshimitsu27coughcough*. Ahem, scuse me.
Anyways, waiting for replies!​

Hey there pika! got some requests for ya :p

-A Kecleon Chao
-A Psyduck Chao
-A trainer sprite of my characther Jeydis:
http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/5995/jeydisartts1.jpg
Lovely art by Reynald :p

For the trainer sprite any style will do :D

Jeydis, with all those requests you made for me, of course I'll do your requests! As soon as possible! I finished the trainer sprite, and because you have been so patient with my requests, I made 2 versions, and it's scratched! If youd rather I edit an already made sprite, I'd be happy to do it for you.
jeydis.png
jeydiswpokeball.png

One with a pokeball and one without. If any changes need to be made, let me know! And it was a girl, right? Lol, sorry about my poor lack of judgement.
I'll finish your chao's tomorrow, I have school and it's late already, but as soon as I get the chance, I'll do them!​

OK, is this site going through some problems? Took me forever to keep refreshing and stuff to get to this page, so any admins reading this, yeah, just wondering.
Anyways, I finished your requests, Jeydis!
psyducktranz.png

The Psyduck turned out kinda bad, I'm sorry! I give you permission to edit it to your likings.
kecleontranz.png

They spikes were hard, but I tried my best!
And I also felt like the pokeball was postioned wrong, and the wrong color, and the feet looked kinda awkweird, so I sorta fixed it, if you like this one better.
jeydiswpokeball-1.png

So you, there you go! And thank you again for the wonderful userbar!
Kay, gonna get started on Vincent Valentine now, unless you can point me in the direction of a good Squall source.​

You're welcome, Jeydis, after all you've done for me, anytime.
Okay, by suggestion of Slink, the next FF sprite to premiere from me is Vincent Valentine! I guess that he was such a big part of the story, he got his own game...isn't that awesome? I didn't play it, but when I was watching my brother it looked sorta violent....oh well, that's aside from the point, lol.
vincenttranz.png

You know, looking at the reference really made me realize how beautiful his hair is.... okay, sorry! Hmmm....who to do next...​

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
I can't fault the Tifa sprite at all - it looks very good! You got her clothes and hair just right and even put the dolphin-style at the end of her hair! Very good :D

The Vincent sprite is similarly awesome, though iirc, Vincent's cape is ripped, not in perfect condition. If possible as well, try to put the segments on his glove - otherwise, it'd be impossible to move his wrist ^_~ Other than those, it's excellent :D

Finally, your Psyduck Chao is adorable ^________^

Ok, so is this a bit better?
vincent2tranz.png

I did notice that the parts of his arm weren't well established, but it was late, lol, so I decided to see what you had to say about it. And I'm sorry, I thought something looked wrong with the cape, but the ref I was using didn't have the rips, so I couldn't figure it out. :)
Yup! So, if there are any more things that I need to fix and adjust, I'll do that! But the next sprite I am gonna do is either Maria or Benjamin...probably Ben since he will be a breeze, lol.
Okay, so Benjamin wasn't as easy as I thought...
benjamintranz.png

Everything was going right, until it came time for the hair. The hair threw it off completely. I added the sword, and that threw it off even more. I think I'll try him again sometime...
selkie2tranz.png

This is one of two poses that I am making for the Selkie race of Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles. They are my favorite, so yeah, and my character in the game is a Wolfie, so there ya go.​

Why don't I edit the last post? 'Cause, I feel like adding a new reply :D
Besides, it's a brand new day, so there!
Okay, last post I noticed that I forgot to recolor the Selkie's bangs, so here is the copy with the, blue bangs, if you will.
selkie3tranz.png

Kay? And I did Maria from Final Fantasy II, and I hafta say, I'm not extremely pleased. Seeing as her whole outfit, plus her hair is purple, it was hard. I might go back and change the shades a bit, and also I might change the pants to brown, because the pants have a bit of brown in the reference. What do you guys think?
mariatranz.png

Kay, moving right along...the next contenders to be Pika-sprite-a-tized are...
Cyan, Edgar, Gau, Yuffie, Aeris (Aerith), and Yuna, you pick which (X or X2).
I am currently finding some pokemon sprites to mess around with to make into Mog and Red XIII, so definitely look forward to those!​

Uh...
1. Will someone make me a custom sprite? I didn't mean to double post, but see below. :)
Oh, and Pika, I love your sprites. I am a big eeveelutions fan, as you can probably tell.
Last of all, please be nice to me. I'm new. ???

Um, I guess I should say what I want to look like...XD
1. Jet black hair [sinnoh elite 4 champion cynthia length]
2. White v-neck peasant sleeve top w/ no designs except for cross-lacing at neck [does that make sense?]
3. Dark-wash navy blue jeans
dptr156.png
I want her face. :)
5. Some kind of black shoes...no high heels please. :) [if you can do that]
6. A black & white pokeball in her hand
7. I don't care what pose she's in.
8. Thanks! :)

woop! Vincent looks awesome. He -in my opinion- is by far the classiest FF char. :D
I mean come on. Cool Name + Cooler outfit= teh win.

Yes, Slink, I do hafta admit that Vincent is pretty cool, lol.
Ok, cocosmoon, I'll get to your request. (And just so you know, you can't get your own trainer onto a trainer card unless you make the card yourself, or submit the trainer to the trainer card maker).
Alrighty, here is the second pose for the Selkie, which I think better suits her since this is her battle stance.
selkie1tranz.png

And here is some, uh, "concept art" I guess, on Red XIII. It isn't that good, I give some definite props to people who edit Pokemon sprites, it's a lot harder than trainers.
Redxiiitemp2tranz.png

That's all for now, I'll get started on your request, cocosmoon.
Edit: Request, finished!
I don't think I got the hair right, but yeah, if you want me to make any changes, you got it!
cocosmoon-1.png

Hope you like it!​

Actually, it was pretty good! Glad you like it.
Kay, I finished Yuffie. I acually think it's pretty good.
yuffietranz.png

Look at the list above to decide which I do next!​

Hey there ^ ^ I am working on your request as we speak.

Um I was wondering if you would do a sprite request for me?

I would like two...kinda. You don't have to do both if you dont want. The first is just my trainer, Reynald. He wears either a red t-shirt or hoodie. He has silver hair and crimson eyes. His picture is in the first page of my art gallery if you need a reference. The pose can be w/e you want it to be, just something kinda cool would be nice ^ ^. The second one if you wish to do it just has him and his growlithe.

If you dont want to do them you dont have to just asking.

thanks ^ ^ ill get your picture done in no time ^ ^

Sure, I'll do your requests, and thanks for doing my request, can't wait! It may take a while, though, I am a little under the weather, so I might not get to it til tomorrow.​

Hi there 4pikachu4. =]

I was wondering if it'd be possible to get one of those really cool styled pictures of the characters?
uaiww2-1.png

Like this one.

If possible, can I get it of this guy? Blake Lewis. =]
A close up picture and then a full body shot. Hat is optional.
dxc__zk1834622.jpg

dxc__lp1834625.jpg

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
Yuffie is perfect, simply put. Can't fault it at all. Very well done :D You're an excellent spriter.

And Red XIII is good, but... I can't quite understand the pose. Is he lying down? Running? Been hit by a truck? Any of those look possible...

Hey there Pika, hav;nt posted in a while... If your still doing FF sorites, d'you think you could do some of the Job classes? To start you off, go for a Black Mage. ^_^

Keep up teh l337 spriting xD

~Slink

P.S. Do you have any tips on scratch spriting? I attempted a couple (see my thread) But uhhh... lets just say it didnt go well...

Sorry, Reynald, still in bed with a cold...but I promise I'll get around to your request as soon as possible.
Um, VShorty, if you READ the first post, you'd know I don't take requests for the IAWW's anymore. So no, can't do it, sorry.
Yoshimitsu, I'm truly thankful for your compliments, I really appreciate them. And for Red, lol, I think he's running, I used a ninetales sprite, haha, so yeah.
And to Slink, I'll do a Black Mage after I finish Reynald's request. Um, for tips on scratching, I suggest you run with ready made sprites, then after you get the idea of the body shape and all, you can judge how you want your scratched sprite. If you take a regular and put it next to the one you're scratching, it's much easier to get a feel about body proportions.​

It's alright, VShorty, just make sure you understand before requesting again.
Okie Dokie, so, because Reynald is such an awesome artist and I totally love the request he made me, I added a little something to the sprites. That's right, another re-vamp, of Growlithe.
growlithetranz.png

So, here is the one without the Growlithe:
reynald.png

And the ones with him, I wasn't sure where you wanted him.
reynaldgrowlback.png
reynaldgrowlfront.png

And there ya go! Hope you like it. Now, *sniffle*, onto the Black Mage!​

No problem, no problem at all, feeling better already knowing that you like it!
Annnndd, I finsihed Slink's suggestion, which was the black mage. I think it looks a bit creepy...lol...but thats because of the size of it.
blackmage1tranz.png

OKie dokie, still waiting for suggestions, if you got um.​

I looked through all the pages in this thread, and all your sprites looks great! Everything looks so detailed, and not just a plain recolor/edit. ^^

Thanks Reia, oh great lordess of Fishies. :D
OK, so, I am an admire-er ;D of pixel art, and lemme tell ya, I've tried it a million times and failed. I just tried again, and it's pretty small, but it's definitely a start.
uaavi.png

I like it, actually! Although I think the skin color is too dark, I am tan, and it's hard coming up with scratched flesh tones.
Anyways, sorry if the colors hurt your eyes, they are my favorite colors (pink, blue, and purple, baby colors.)
Hope you guys like it!​

Last edited by a moderator: