• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Pika's Sprites

OKay, you may edit the sprite, as long as you do PM it back to me, I'd love to see the turn out.
No update right now, but I assure you something maybe later on in the night.
Edit: Okay, I promised something so here it is, it isnt that good, but, it's something to share.
:-X (lost in imagehost!)
One of my favorite past gen poses.
Yup, this is one of the many re-size-scratched sprites I am doing of past generation sprites. I don't know, this is just a template, but what do you think?
intros2.png

Next, it's a bit of an improvement for my starters. Please, people, advice would be super nice right now on how to make my starters awesomely unique.
Edit:again: Ok, those of you who visited my art thread when it first started would know my other original character, who's name I haven't found yet, but it's basically my poke-trainer-sona, my second one of course, and I definitely plan to make another pict6ure to post so that you can better see what she looks like, and I am hoping that it is a bit more creative than the first.
maincharatranz.png
maincharaFEtranz.png
maincharamugshottranz.png

Hmm...it seems that my thread has sort of died lately, so here is something that might spark your interest. I know that some of you are waiting on that balthier sprite, but I haven't gotten to it yet, and I don't have a good excuse why, xD just because.
Her is my revamped and scratched versions of all the gym badges. Please do not use them. Then only ones that I did scratch were the Diamond and Pearl ones, and I scratched the Johto ones too because they were way to big to fit in the standard boxes.
allbadges.png

So, what do you guys think?
Edit: Hey guys, wanna support me and my progressing art? Pick up the beautiful fanbar Jeydis made as a surprise for me, and don't forget to ask for one of her awesome userbars, because they are awesome!
(The fanbars are on the front page.)​

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Very nice, Pika! Your scratched badges are well done! Also, the scratched re-size pose thing is also very good! And...

Your unnamed Pokemon trainer person's mugshot and FE mugshot are really good, too! The sprite looks a bit awkward... I think it's the hand/arm with the Pokeball. And I also think she looks like her body kinda look like this: / \ Might be me.

Anyways, more great works of art, Pika! Terrific!

baratron

Moderator of Elder Scrolls
Staff member
OK, I've seen the updated versions as well, but I'm quoting these ones on purpose because they have both red & green versions. Firstly, THANK YOU for making a tomboyish girl trainer! No running around in short skirts in your game! Practical jeans & trainers like the boys wear. Awesome :). Secondly, I think that rather than having one hat be pinkish-red & white and the other pinkish-red and green, you should make the green trainer's hat green and white. The red and green merges together (and would be hell for anyone with colour blindness to try to distinguish). Thirdly, I think the red version should be a bit more red and less pink ;).

You could, possibly, add a few more differences between the boy and girl. I already noticed the different shoe colour and the fact the girl's jeans are skinny-fit whereas the boy's are baggy. Perhaps give the girl black jeans? You could also put a logo on the back of the shirts. Presumably, the backs will be more different due to the girl having long hair anyway, but it's a thought.

[quote author=4pikachu4 link=topic=3177.msg45887#msg45887 date=1201463964]
Okay, well, I tried one of those "pixel overs" I've seen on serebii.net, I thought they were pretty cool.
pika.png

what do you guys think?[/quote]
Hmm. (Sorry, I'm just going through and commenting on all the posts where you asked for specific comments, that's why I've suddenly picked this sprite.) I like it, but there's something weird about the shading on the right ear (left, as you look at the sprite). The darker patch of yellow/sandy colour seems wrong. I am notorious for not being able to see 3D properly on 2D pictures, but I'm sure it's not just my eyes here. Sorry to randomly pick up on that! (Just I couldn't see any other comments about it, and you did ask.)

I really like Balthier, btw. And Yuffie. I'm not really a FF person, but I knew instantly who she was supposed to be :D. And all your versions of Cloud.

Yeah, the body is sorta shaped that way, but I think that's because the mid-drift jacket is sorta baggy, so the curve of the body just kind looks slanted. And thanks for the advice, Baratron, I will definitely take those things into consideration.
Well, here is the long awaited Balthier! It isn't that good, I got kinda lazy on it, so I might redo him later. But for now, this is what I have.
balthiertranz.png

For better ways to improve on it, I am always welcoming those sorts of comments. And I just thought I would tell you guys, you may or may not see tiles and fakemon in this thread, just depends on how I feel/trust everyone not to steal them.​

Last edited by a moderator:
I would like to request a custom Sprite...If possible. I looked in the first post, the list appears empty...

Ms. Jeydis was gioing to make make Custom Trainer Card, but she reffered me to you, as I wanted a Custom Sprite to go on it. Do you think perhaps you could help me out?

You may want to give a good description of the sprite you want Ehren :p

Hello pika, Id like a very special request done:

Whenever you have time could you try your hand at a IAWW sprite of my trainer which I hope you know by now :p Id love to see what you can do with her.

Finishing up your transparency thing tommorow night @@ wasted too much time on WoW today to get them all done.

Ah, true...

I wanted a someone with dirty blond, messy hair. Sort of like he just got out of bed, much as the Sprite I'm currently using as my Avatar. If you use eye color at all, it would be a deep blue. He has pale-ish skin, and has his left ear pierced with a simple silver hoop. He normally has a happy expression on his face, smiling and laughing are good examples. For clothes, I'd like him to be wearing some nice light blue jeans, and a striped shirt. Very thin stripes of red, on a plain white background. As an alternative, there's also an outfit of his I'd like to be done which is a police officer's outfit. Except without the hat, I think.

Really, if you need more description I can PM you. I just have so many different outfits I want him to wear, I'm not sure what I'd like. He's not like other Trainers in the Pokemon world, he actually changes his outfit with the different days and climates. Like having a really long brown fur coat and matching clothes for when he goes to places with lots of snow. Or a swimsuit, just red trunks with some blue circles and no shirt, for when he goes to the beach. And yeah...Even a Lab Coat, since he's a researcher type.

Was that any help?

Wow. I do like your sprites, especially the 'new starters'. I really wish I could do the re-vamped FE sprites (might try, but getting Maiha's hair right is gonna be...veeerryyy...difficult ;D

If I could give one piece of advice (for your starters) that I learned the hard way (when learning how to do pixel art, it's a good idea to make your outlines a bit darker. Like the shirts, try a slightly darker shade of grey maybe, and the same for the top part of the belt for the girl. Other than that, it's pretty brilliant, and you definitely have a very good eye for colours and clothes (can't do 'em well ta save my life!).

Anywhoo, great work, keep it up and I am itching ta see what you aim to give us next!

Thanks, charaefive, I'll definitely take that into consideration next time I have a go at those trainers.
And Jeydis, that is really nice of you to refer someone to me, It means a lot. :)
I'll do both of your guys' requests, Although they might be a little slow. (I'm sick today, as I was the past week, but I'll try my hardest!).

Edit: Ehren, I thought that the sprite looked OK all the way until the stripes. So I give you permission to edit this sprite to your likings.
Ehren.png
Ehrenwstripes.png

Jeydis, I was extremely happy with the way yours turned out, I think it's my best IAWW ever! (BTW, Jeydis is on the regulars list now, so that's why I made this for her.
jeydisIAWW.png

W00T!! Balthier ftw!

btw I will tranz your sprites soon!

~Slink

(Ah crap my dads coming, Im not supposed to be on here...)

Your IAWW sprites are beautiful, pika! Your others sprite are great as well, but your IAWW, and Fr/Lg starters especially. You're doing great on the FE mugs. And I hope you feel better soon. (That is, if you're still sick, which I hope you're not. Being sick sucks.)

If it's not a pain, I'd like to request a IAWW of her:
http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t270/aerith105/Naruto/kisumipy9-1.jpg
But with gold eyes, and pants. If you don't want to do a part of her, take it out, I don't mind.

Thanks so very much~! I'll see if I can do anything about the stripes, I'll show you when it is done. I've never done spriting before, so it might look really really bad.

Your welcome Jeydis! Glad you like it!
And Ehren, just try your hardest, I'm sure it will look fine! And I definitely want to see it when it's done.
doggy-ears, I will do you IAWW because it looks like a challenge, but if you read the first post, you'd know that I only do those for regulars to my thread. But, you've done so many beautiful requests for me, so I'll give it a shot, but I need a better reference. If you could find one, or tell me her name, I can try and find one.​

Due to a slight "misunderstanding," I guess we could call it, I no longer have any requests.
So, in an attempt to revive my thread, I, Pika, am letting you all choose who I sprite next! (Although this isn't the first time).
So, I will have two different categories: Final Fantasy, and Kingdom Hearts.
Now, I am definitely worried about trying out KH sprites, because of their gravity defying hair, but I'll give it a shot.
Final Fantasy:
Eh, take your pick, I'm willing to sprite anyone at this point.
Kingdom Hearts:
I'll do easy people first, Kairi, and...Namine. (lol, the 2 original characters without gravity defying hair).
On another note, I have recently given a shot at Pokemon sprite editting and making. I won't post my Fakemon (I don't like the name Fakemon...) here yet because of fear that my ideas/sprites might be stolen. But I will post a recolor, and you've already seen my revamps (which I personally think I'm not to bad at. ;) ).
:-X (lost in my image host!)
Thanks to Jey for the transparency.​

Ok, bored with nothing better to do, I got started on that Namine sprite, and finished. The body is completely scratched, copied from the Fr/Lg pose of Sabrina. PLEASE DO NOT STEAL!
Namine.png

How do you like it?
I REALLY want to do Leon right now, but I can't find a good source of his in-game appearance. I'll think about doing the KH version, though, since there are multipple sources for that one.​

i just went through your whole tread and i would just like to say that i think your sprites are great, dont know why i never looked at this fourm before because every one say only positive thing about you and your art work

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
Hey Pikachu, how's this for a source?

http://kingdomhearts.rpgplanet.gamespy.com/kingdomhearts1/media/wallpapers/06s.jpg

A quick google image search'll work wonders.

As for the Namin

Thank you sooooo much for taking the time to read through this entire thread, perfect-chao. That makes me happy. :)

But even that, Yoshimitsu, is a Kingdom hearts source, not an FFVIII source. That's alright, since you took the time to goolge it for me (which I actually have done many times...xD), I will make the KH version of him...coming right up!​

Hello again Pika~! I was wondering if you might be able to do another Sprite thing for me...

The second boy is slightly taller than the first, with dark brown hair. (Curly if you can manage it~!) He should be wearing casual clothes, maybe a tanktop, white. (Just simple stuff, really)

The fun part is putting my previous Sprite, without stripes, next to him. And then, if this is all done, I need your permission to put something on the bottom, just their names/trainer title.

Or did you mean before that due to certain events you weren't ACCEPTING commissions? Because I'm pretty sure your post says that you just don't have any...

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
Pikachu, the Kingdom Hearts Squall/Leon looks a lot than the FF8 one. I'd use the KH one, it's just nicer to look at.

I do agree with you on that, Yoshimitsu, it definitely does look better.
As you can see, I forgot the gash that goes right through his gorgeous face, I'll put it in later, but I actually think this one was succesful.
leon2.png
leon.png

It's really hard to see his necklace, and that is a dissapointment because it is so awesome!

Ehren, I don't take commisions. Sorry. What I do take are requests. :D
So I made your friend, and put right thur next to you, if you want me to change the style of his pants and the color of his eyes/belt/shoes, just let me know, because you didn't really specify what color to make them. Of course you have permission to put words underneath them, that I don't mind at all.
ehrenandfriend.png

Hope you like it! Remember, if there is anything you want me to fix, just let me know.

So, who shall I sprite next? That, my friends, is up to you.​

I think ehren mentioned the new one was supposed to be smaller then the first, im guessing smaller brother or something of the sort.

I got an FF request for you :D Do Cait Sith!

even though alot of people hate the lil punk, I wub him :D

[Removed at Pikachu's request -Yoshimitsu27]

Ah, yes, Jeydis, thank you~! I had forgotten momentarily. However, you were slightly off. The Trainer Title is "MaleMale Couple Kyle and Ehren". (MaleMale being two Male Signs) This was inspired by a loverly moment in Pokemon Diamond, in the Veilstone Department Store, when I happened upon two men standing, one behind the other. I believe the one in front gives advice, but talking to the one in the back yields the slightly comical statement: "What? We're just two buff guys standing next to each other. What's wrong with that?" (Or something close to that, I re-started my game because I decided I liked the Grass Type starter more and can't check yet.) :p As for Cait Sith..... Reeeeeeeeeeveeeeeee! How I miss your antics with the Irish Kitty-cat~!

I do indeed like it, Pika~! The guy with brown hair, Kyle, does need to be a bit taller than Ehren. Other than that, I think it looks great. And no, I hadn't really specified colors. The eyes would be green, and the pants and shoes are fine. Kyle has the oddest belt though, black with pink circles on it, all the way around. He wears it to scare the homophobes in his workplace, apparently. I do apologize about the commission/request thing, I am so used to GaiaOnline and deviantArt, where requests are frowned upon and paying for art of any form is the order of the day. By the way, I think that the Leon is top-notch. I would love to see him with the scar.

O_o

Ooh. I suppose I could go find a Marluxia reference, or a KH Cloud. (While we're on that subject. XD) Marly's hair doesn't defy gravity, I don't think... But it's true that the Kingdom Cast does seem to use a LOT of hair cement...

EDIT: Since it's a trainer double, it would be cool if you could put them a little closer together (Or maybe do me an actual couples pose?

Pika, can you make me a standstill sprite of me? ;D

This is what I would want

Orange hair,
Blue eyes,
A white shirt,
A green hoodie (with the hood not on the person's head)
Pokeballs in the hood
blue jeans,

The hoodie has a zipper, so can you make it so it's unzipped. Can you make pockets on the pants and hoodie? thanks!!! ;D

I have been obsessed with Full Metal Alchemist lately, so....could you make me a walkie of Edward Elric?
[Removes at Pikachu's request -Yoshimitsu27]
if it's too much trouble that's fine

OK, Ehren, I'll change that for you as soon as I can, and I'll try out a couple's picture...that should be fun to do...xD. And Ehren, if you got a KH/FF character you want me to sprite, just let me know and I can find a reference for it.
Um, PokemaniacJack10, by standstill sprite, do you mean like, a regular battle sprite? I don't know, you're going to have to specify that.
diamondphantom, I will try my hardest at the walkie, but I can't guarentee an awesome turn out.

If both Jeydis and diamondphantom could remove the picture ref's from their posts, I'd really appreciate it. I can find my own ref's, I'm not totally helpless, :D. Just kidding, but I think that the pics take up way to much space in a sprite thread.

Thanks guys, I'll get started soon.​

Yeah, I mean a normal battle sprite. I've been trying to make them myself, but they always screw up bacause I started spriting a little while ago. Thanks!!! ;D

Pika is so supportive to everyone, I must be more supportive to her. So, I like how the Namine sprite turned out. You did a really good job scratching the body. And I love the Leon sprite too.

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
PokemaniacJack10, warned for double posting.

Pikachu, I'll comment on your sprites when I'm not dropping dead due to tiredness. I am quite impressed, I'll give better input later >>;;

I agree with doggy-ears. You have been very supportive and it makes me good inside and keeps me motivated.

And thus I shall support you as well.

I do like how well the Namine sprite came out, especially with the body being scratched.

And I love the sprites of Leon! He was one of my favorites in Kingdom Hearts and the sprites look very accurate, and overall fabulous!

Aww, thank you meep and doggy-ears, I'm glad that you both choose to support me, that makes me happy too! I'm gald to support you guys, you really do have talent, and I'm happy to see you both so passionate about spriting.

Yoshimitsu, don't tire yourself too much, please, just rest up and comment when you can, I always love to have advice from you. :) Thanks for removing those pics, by the way.

Okay, so, Ehren, I still have to get around to the couple's sprite, lol, but I finished the taller version and the version with Pokeballs.
ehnopokeball.png
efwithpokeball.png

And for PokemaniacJack10, I did your sprite, sorry that they all look the same, I just really like to use Aaron as a base, :D I couldn't fit the pokeballs into the hood, sorry bout that.
Jack.png

If any of you think there should be some editting/fixing, just let me know, and I'll get it done.

diamondphantom, I may or may not be able to get around to your request, but if I don't, I am extremely sorry.​

I actually have two Final Fantasy request for you if you don't mind...

I was wondering if you could maybe make a sprite of Gau and a sprite of Sabin?

The sprite is great!! but can you do a small edit, can you make the hair more crazy looking, like a little less crazy than Wally's hair. Thanks so much!!!!

EDIT: I forgot to say that it's fine without the pokeballs

Sorry about that, guys! I think the site might have been down or something, but whatever the reason I couldn't access this thread, or the whole site for that matter.
So, I have Jack's sprite:
jack2.png

I scratched the hair, hope it looks ok now, but if you still want me to edit something, I can do it, so just let me know!
And I also made the Cait Sith sprite, without the giant moogle. Please do NOT steal this sprite, it was completely scratched and I think it's one of my best yet!
cait_sith.png

So, whatcha guys think?​

I shall now formally request an Organization XIII Sprite Cast. Being made up of my favorite, which are as follows: Marluxia, Zexion, Roxas, Xemnas, Larxene.

Of course,the order which I put them in, starting with Marly at the top, is the how much I like them. 'Cause they're awesome. XD

Whichever ones you feel like doing, whenever you can get them done. Please and thank you~!

By the way, I really like the Cait Sith sprite. I also am not sure if I told you, but I think the Balthier Sprite was cool. Maybe you could do one of Larsa?