• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Pika's Sprites

:o

Honestly, that Black Mage is THE worst sprite I have EVER seen in my whole life.

*snigger*
Joking :p

Sorry if I gave you a fright. Its great, the tallness, lankiness, if you will, makes it look all the more creepier, which is good for a black mage. Thank you very much for making it. Now go make a white mage. ;D *Gets slapped by Pika's Pikachu* Ow... Sorry, I mean, Please, will you make me a white mage sprite? ^_^;

Regards

~Slink

PS Get well soon :p

Well, that certainly did give me a fright, gosh, I was gonna say that you're mean! Lol, but since your joking...
I actually don't like that sprite much anyway, I think I'm gonna try it again, make the cloak more...baggy...loose, I guess. I'll do the white mage next.
Okay, well, I tried one of those "pixel overs" I've seen on serebii.net, I thought they were pretty cool.
pika2tranz.png

what do you guys think?​

I've got a request. Can you make me a walkie and a mugshot of my avie(the girl). By the way, they are sunglasses on her head. If you can't do it, I understand.

~Cubone~

Hey guys, I'm about to make a big announcement.
NO MORE REQUESTS!!
Okay, there will still be requests, just not nearly as much. I will stil do Pokemon mugshots, custom trainers, and chao's. Everything else is a no-no.
So that means I won't do your walkie, Cubone, I'm sorry but school isn't easy anymore, it's getting tuffer and tuffer. But, I will however do your Mugshot.
yours too, $AE-Prep$.​

Hey guys, it certainly has been a while since I posted. I finished $AE-Prep$'s request.
AEprep.png

And I was gonna do yours too, Cubone, but I can see in your signature that you already got one so...
Okay, I was exploring the spriters resource for something different to do for a change, and I found the ending running scene for Fire red Leaf Green, so I gave it a shot.
uarunningtranz.png

This took a long time, actually, and I was hoping that someone could animate it for me, so yeah, if you can and you have time, I'd appreciate that.​

Nice! I likes them. I need to find somethin unique too... My threads pretty dead ^_^'
Will post when your next sprites come out!

~Slink

Ferrr, a thing of advice from me to you: read all the posts by the thread creator. I needent say much more than that.
Okay, for the long waiting Slink's suggestion...The White Mage!
whitemageM1tranz.png
whitemageM2tranz.png
whitemageM3tranz.png

I don't really like the original cloak of the White Mage that I made, so when making the female version, I just used the regular robe thingy.
whitemageF1tranz.png
whitemageF2tranz.png

Kay! If anyone else has suggestions on what I should make next, please let me know.
Oh yeah, and anyone who can make things transparent, I'd love it if you made all the gym leaders I made transparent and PM'd them to me. All the ones except Sabrina. Thanks guys, see you next time!​

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
I rather like the White Mage sprites :) Just a suggestion - try making the sleeves long and flowy. It's hard to describe... Like Ganondorf's from Windwaker. And put the red trim. I think that's what the robes are supposed to look like anyway >>

The hoods irk me slightly, but otherwise, very good! Might want to watch the shading again, though.

Have you done a Leon sprite yet? Squall/Leon, that is.

Yeah, I got lazy on the shading, and the hoods actually irk me too. I might redo them later.
No, I haven't done a Leon sprite yet, but I really want to. If you could point me in the direction of a good source for both him and the colors that would be awesome.​

Not just the first post, Ferrr, all of them. Sometimes they make announcements through-out the thread and forget to make it in the first post, just be careful.
Anyways, my latest original character, in my so called "fan game" or "fan adventure" or whatever, there aren't just three people as the main characters. I want Ash, Brock, Misty, and 3 of my original characters; the first being my Poke-sona, and the second being this one:
girltranz.png

She is based off of this overworld, as seen in S/R/E, and yeah, that overworld doesn't have a battle sprite so I was all, why not use a ready made OW to make an OC?
girlrseowtranz.png

OOooOOOoooOO

Snazzy. Thats the sprite I'm making an OW for right? Its very nice, while zoomed in on it (I needed the colour scheeme) I noticed that the shading is very intracate. Also, the pigtails are far better than what I could do on the D/P OW's. Oh yeah, BTW thats finished :D

Yeah, that's the one. I didn't make those overworlds, btw, and I love the ones you made me. Thanks!
Anyways, I am trying to revive my spriting passion, so will anyone suggest a Final Fantasy character/occupation that I can do? I want to do Squall, but I can't find a good reference.​

If you take requests, I would like a trainer like this because I am making a new PRPG character (you don't have to if you don't want to though):

Hair: Medium blonde, cut in emo style with bangs sweping over one eye.

Skin: Caucasian, slightly tanned.

Eyes: Grey

Clothes: Wearing a light blue plaid long-sleeve button-up shirt open over a black t-shirt, with dark wash blue jeans, and black plaid converse style shoes.

Please and thank you!

Omigoodness, I had a feeling that Balthier would come up...I am afraid that I will mess him up completely, but it's a challenge I'm willin to take. :)
Kay, Secad, I tried making him 14 year old size, but that didn't work out too well, and I tried the plaid, but that didn't look to hot either. If you really want the plaid, I'll add them in, but here is the older RPC without plaid.
secad.png

Hope you like it.​

lol its Samantha Alders. From Secad's RP, guess she forgot to mention Sam's a girl xD
Can't wait for Balthier. He has a very snazzy brittish accent.

Come to think of it, all the bad guys in FFXII have brit accents. Hmmmmmm... fishy...

No, it's not Samantha Anders, it's a new PRPG trainer that I am going to create. I finally made a name for him. It's Silas Phillip Aspern.

And yes, Pika, it looks awesome, and you did not mess him up. It looks really good without the plaid, so you don't have to redo it.

Sorry, Slink, this isn't Balthier, I actually haven't started on him yet, so it might take a while, hehe, sorry!
There isn't an update, just something I though I might mention if you haven't read the first post recently.
There is now a regular's list!
The regular's list now inludes Yoshimitsu 27, Slink, diamondphantom, and Shiny Eevee.
That means you may request IAWW's, walkie's, runnie's, bikeie's, and backie's, full body.
I only have girl full body backie templates right now, I will work on the full body male next time, and I'm almost down with my example to show you guys. So yeah, happy requesting!​

Aww thanks Pika! I'll definatley be using this 'regulars pass' as a way to get AWSOME SPRITES.

~Slink

PS Ypur PA is almost done. ;D ;D ;D

You're welcome, Slink, and thanks so much for the PA, it's perfect!
Well, here is the example that I was telling you guys about of the full body backie...
uabackietranz.png

I'd appreciate if no one steal this...it took countless hours. Could someone animate it, btw?

Kay, I'm putting this both here and in the art thread, just to make sure she doesn't miss it, but this is a Pixel art I made for Pixeity. Well, yo9u can hardly call it a pixel art, but, you know, it's of...big proportions...I guess. It's based off of version 2.O, so yeah.
pixpa.png

What you think? She has been so awesome, she made me a Pixel art, and I am one of the lucky requesters in her sprite thread. Thanks sooo much Pix, your sprites rock the hardest. :)

omg i love the full body backie Pika! if you do see it animated will you post it back here to show us how it look? As for the sprite based off of pixeity version 2 it looks great!! Good job making all of theise exellent sprites!!

Wohoh! That pixel art is too good! If I were Pixeity (God knows I wish I had her spriting skills xD) then I would possibly be using that as my avvie right know!

Nice job with the full body backsprites! Might give em a try myself sometime ;)

~Slink

Thanks so much for the compliments, guys, I really appreciate them!
No update today, or at least for the moment, I just wanted to let everyone know not to panick for all the sprites ion my thread disappearing and for all the posts from me being edited today, it's because I decided that I wanted to organize my image-hosting-folders so that I can be much more efficient in finding things. Thanks guys.​

Ok, I've got a bit of an update today, but actually I'd like some suggestions. You know whenyou start out in Fr/Lg, and you have that intro picture thingy? Well, I made one of those trying to come up with who my heroes would be, but I can't find any sort of originality to add to them. I already know that I want both wearing jeans, and I know that every single hero starter person has some sort of headwear or hat, along with a red color on them in some way shape or form, so I incorporated that, but I don't know where to go from there. Here is my brainstorm:
introstranz.png

What do y'all think? Suggestions, comments, anything would be cool right about now.​

not bad i was wondering when we were going to see thiese sprites from you. They are so bad but still plain. good job tho.

You think that my sprite is bad? Well, thanks...please, keep hurtful comments to yourself, it could lead you to a life of bannishment of my thread.
Ok, well, I decided to take a stab at FE mugshots, although I can't ever get the hair to look as realistic as they do in the mugs.
uaFEtranz.png

What do you guys think? I don't know, I'm definitely gonna have to practice more.
Edit: I did one of my other original character just to practice up, but seeing as her hair is in short little pig tails, it was sorta easy.
girlFEtranz.png

The pigtails were scratched, as well as the hood, I don't think it's all that great, though.​

The FE Mugshots look fine, 'cept for a couple shading problems in the first one, it all looks great. Oh the First Mugshot you used Marissa as the base didn't you? Marissa from FE: Sacred Stones.

I think PSP have have meant some kind of Sarcasm there, but I don't know, as I can't read minds(Yet). Keep it up 4Pikachu, you're doing a great job!

Edit: Very funny Yoshi...

Sorry Pika but you misread me i ment to say that they are great but a bit plain. i like the FE mugshots. They look great.

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
I think PSP have have meant some kind of Sarcasm there, but I don't know, as I can read minds(Yet). Keep it up 4Pikachu, you're doing a great job!

Really? Wow! :o How do you do it?
:-p

Anyway, Pikachu, those FE mugshots are very good. I envy people who can edit those, since I'm completely incapable.

The other sprites (from the FR/LG intro) are also really good! I agree that they're a little plain, but that's expected when using new sprites. Very good editting, though the girls look like they're wearing skin-tight jeans. Y'know, the kind that are impossible to get on and off.

Now, I have a request and a challenge, if you don't mind.

The request is a trainer sprite. A male, roughly 16-17 years old. He has vivid blonde hair which is messier at the back, but slightly tidier at the front with his fringe (bangs >.>) sweeping over to one side, possibly over one eye. He wears a light grey/white, long sleeved, quite tight t-shirt with a black waist-coat style jacket over the top (if you know what a body warmer is, one of those. Y'know, the sleeveless jackets that cover only the torso). The jacket is also unzipped. He wears jeans in the style of combat pants (lotsa pockets), quite dark blue. He also wears black/navy blue trainers.

The challenge is to try making that with the FR/LG into sprites. Just 'cause I wanna see if you can ;) Though if you can't, I wouldn't worry about it xD

Yeah, I tried to imitate the shading for hair, but that didn't turn out so well. I've never played FE, actually, I just think that the mugshots look super awesome. Actually, the first time I heard about it was on this site. Is it really good? Should I play it? If so, what gaming platform is it for?
Anyways, back on subject, sorry for the misunderstanding, PSP, it's just that sometimes typos like that can lead to assumptions like that.
And Yoshimitsu27, thanks for that, I think that I really needed something challenging to do besides FE mugs.
yoshimitsufinal.png

How's that? I tried to follow the description as best I could, I do think the hair could be a bit messier, but otherwise I think it's pretty awesome, :D.
Okay, I shall definitely work on those Fr/Lg intro starters, as everyone thinks they are way to simple, which I definitely agree, so I'm gonna go and come up with some new designs.
Edit: I forgot to post this up, but if you all remember Alina from the front of this thread, I made a mug for her.
AlinaFEtranz.png

There ya go, off to work on the starters now.​

Little off-topic but, It's Fire Emblem, for the Wii, Gamecube, GBA, and soon to come the DS. Ask Sem if you need more info.

Anywho, back on topic, the mugshot looks great. Great shading overall, great blend too. It looks what...great! :p

Come to think of it, Yoshi is right, the jeans look a little skin tight, just a little. I'm no expert, so I can't help there, but otherwise, the starters look fine.

Keep it up!

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
Very good, Pikachu! I'm very impressed :D May I have permission to edit it slightly? (Just gonna put the final touches on the hair, I'll PM you the final result when it's done if you allow me to edit the sprite).