• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join One Piece Second Try

Hey guys. If you look at Celain’s bio you’ll notice that the Yu-Yu no Mi does two things, tears a hole in space and sends the user into another dimension, then grants him new powers depending where he ends up. Mango and I have been talking and he’s worried about Celain having two powers; Devil Fruits are specific and only give you one.

I don’t consider the dimension warping a second power; it’s a drawback of an existing one, a mind-corrupting curse associated with every Forbidden Fruit. So think of the ability he gains in this world as his only power, but it’s so strong and unstable that it ultimately distorts space. Each use, or his mere presence, creates small tears in the fabric (similar to how Trafalgar Law’s broken Devil Fruit reduces his lifespan if used too much). That way, the dimension warping is essentially a “technique” of the existing power, resolving the problem of having two.

If that’s unconvincing and still looks like two distinct abilities, then I’m wondering if all of you are okay with it.

Uhhhhh....dimension warping is absolutely a second power. That alone would be kinda useful to work on its own. I mean I have no way to not trust you but this Devil Fruit feels incredibly cheap. No offense ^^''

Okay, so one person against.
That alone would be kinda useful to work on its own.
I mentioned in my bio that for the duration of the RP Celain will remain here, so no dimension warping will be happening at all. The whole point of the character is that he doesn’t have control over it and that this corrupted him. It wouldn’t be all that useful even if he did, since the most he could do with it is run away.

So the fact that there won’t be any dimension warping happening whatsoever and your objection to a world-specific ability in the style of isekai means that Celain is essentially useless and has nothing going for him but his physical strength, which comes from his lack of mental restraint. Which means he has not one power, not two powers, but no power at all.

Edit: Sounds like I’m indeed talking about dimension warping as a second power here, but my previous posts put a different twist on it. The idea that his presence or use of his ability creates micro tears in space means dimension warping is just a consequence of one power.

Last edited:
Okay, so one person against.

I mentioned in my bio that for the duration of the RP Celain will remain here, so no dimension warping will be happening at all. The whole point of the character is that he doesn’t have control over it and that this corrupted him. It wouldn’t be all that useful even if he did, since the most he could do with it is run away.

So the fact that there won’t be any dimension warping happening whatsoever and your objection to a world-specific ability in the style of isekai means that Celain is essentially useless and has nothing going for him but his physical strength, which comes from his lack of mental restraint. Which means he has not one power, not two powers, but no power at all.

Edit: Sounds like I’m indeed talking about dimension warping as a second power here, but my previous posts put a different twist on it. The idea that his presence or use of his power creates micro tears in space means dimension warping is just a consequence of an ability that he can’t ever really gain control of.

Again I also said that I had no reason not to trust you to not abuse it. My concern is more that this fruit seems cheeky in this setting and one Fruit granting two abilities seemed a bit much (A big deal in-universe is made of Blackbeard getting two devil fruits where as this one is two for one). Making portals to "run away" can be useful on its own and could be trained/worked to act as like short range teleportation (Moving away from a place, then appearing back in the place in a different spot.)

Again, you seem cool so I am sure it won't be any issue. And do respect the laid out drawbacks to its use. Though I just wanted to make any concerns I had with it known is all.

JPSomeone

Previously Kyle From Hoenn
Can we all take a moment to question if Celain got his emotions back? That bitch- I mean fox kissed him and was like let's go off to wherever this ship takes us. Then my g is dumbfounded by how he swayed a woman's emotion so fast. So maybe just maybe, I think I'm really stretching this game theory, Celain got 0.00000000001% of his emotions back.

Can we all take a moment to question if Celain got his emotions back? That bitch- I mean fox kissed him and was like let's go off to wherever this ship takes us. Then my g is dumbfounded by how he swayed a woman's emotion so fast. So maybe just maybe, I think I'm really stretching this game theory, Celain got 0.00000000001% of his emotions back.

Hmmm, my take on Celain is more how Harphina would react to him. I feel like she'd comment on how he reeks of blood lel. I don't see them getting along too much.

Also, suspension bridge effect + White Knight

Zandia x Celain?
That would be interesting, since he is trying to get emotions back and Zandia doesn't hide hers
I know where this is heading...
ghost-pottery-scene-gif-1.gif

Sidenote... when they get to the island I'd like to upgrade Alarich's plate... While he's cooking for the enemy he's provided with a nicer more durable plate... and he repays them by food poisoning them...

I was tempted to change Jeri to a girl so he's more relatable/gender balance among the crew (secondary since the Straw Hats themselves are mostly dudes), but I stuck with male as I'd no longer be able to call him "Dr. Chode" or "Lollipopcock." One important thing I changed, though, was his Devil Fruit; it's now a Paramecia that regenerates the crew's missing limbs, so Celain can safely tear them off and gouge their eyes in the RP.

Giving up the Maimu-Maimu no Mi was hard, since its design was perfect. The outer seeds are black teardrops so it incorporates the mime aspect while still looking like a strawberry.

Name: Jericho Lollipopcock
Epithet: Jeri, Eric, Jerrick, Jerichode, Dr. Chode
Bounty: $110
Species: Human
Appearance: With the grizzled hair of a withering man whose once-striking black locks caught every bit of dust as they aged, Jericho doesn't have a mote of life left in his 6'1" frame. His half-lidded eyes are dry, dead, and tired with prominent dark circles, while scruff jumps the edges of his defeated face and retreats under his chin. His white lab coat, brown dress shoes, jeans, and collared shirt are redeeming touches of sophistication that complement his unkempt appearance and give him the appeal of a nonchalant, messy but attractive man.
Personality: Jericho is renowned throughout his land and those surrounding it for his medical skills, but the reputation exhausts him more than it fulfills him. He's deadpan, overworked, and persistently bored, taking frequent, solitary strolls by the ocean and looking out into the distance, hoping for a nice change of pace. But his unassuming demeanor hides a sinister perversion, and he prefers his patients wear as little as the emotionless expression on his face. When he's staring at the sea he's actually thinking of pirate booty, and the "nice change of pace" he seeks refers to the heightened beating of his heart and increased throbbing of his... Fuck you, I'm not finishing this sentence. Thought the lewd doc was gonna be some cringy, drooling creep who can't mask his desires? Dude, he's a licensed professional.
Affiliations: Your mom
Role: Doctor
Weapons: Chains, whips, rope, and shackles. And Hardened Beads, but unlike Matt Morgan's, his are between his legs. Nah... I'm just fucking with ya; he carries a machete with a Seastone finish, a gift from a wealthy client.
Devil Fruit
Name:
Seicho-Seicho no Mi (Growth-Growth Fruit)
Description: A fat, tan pepper with fleshy roots exploding from the skin.
Type: Paramecia
Powers: Enhances the speed of his growth or that of whomever he touches.
Weaknesses: A disproportionately enlarged body part leaves his smaller self vulnerable, and increasing his size gives foes a bigger strike zone.
How it was acquired: A gift from a shadowed benefactor related to a patient he'd treated.
Techniques:
  • Beefcake - Evenly buffs up his body, improving his defenses and heightening the power of his blows.
  • Giant Limb - Swells his arm or leg to a gargantuan size.
  • Regeneration - Accelerates his or his teammates' recovery, healing wounds and restoring missing limbs in seconds.
  • Cancer - Rests his hand on enemies and excites their cells to the point that they pop.
Home Island: Sugarvag Island
Backstory: He'd lived a pretty sheltered existence until the death of his parents from a mysterious illness, which caused the listless child prodigy with nowhere to apply his skills to commit himself to medicine and cure the disease. The passing years eroded his confidence and convinced him that it was impossible, and the professed man of science gradually descended into the depths of folklore, poring over whatever banned texts he could get ahold of. That was when he learned of the eight Forbidden Fruits, a fabled fourth class of Devil Fruits whose power bent the very rules of reality. There was one that raised the dead, another that stripped the Earth of its oceans and amassed them into a behemoth with the user at its core, a third that allowed travel between worlds, and many more. They were nothing more than legends, but Jericho resolved he'd find the crop that revived the deceased. His day job gave him problems of its own, however. A nobleman came to see him one day, and when Dr. Chode asked him to strip, he charged him $100. Jericho refused to pay and told the man to get off his high horse, adding that charging his doctor money to see his naked body made him look like a prostitute. The next day Jeri saw a wanted poster with his name and a $110 bounty, 100 for the display and 10 for calling him a whore. Bi the way... he's bisexual.
No since Luffy doesn't exist in this AU :/ I was thinking the guy from the old version movies of planet of the apes.
Monkey D. Luffy and Monkey-Dick Luffy don't have to be the same person...​

Last edited:
Who is planning to make a Yonko or Warlord? Please tell me if you plan to create either of these important figures within three days, otherwise I’m going to finish planing them and I can’t guarantee that it’ll still be open down the road. Also note that if you decide to create one, you will be expected to lead an arc surrounding them (with a few possible exceptions for warlords) as well as playing them and making sure they are relevant.

Okay! Pm me your application including a character bio and plans for their arc and I’ll let you know if it’s accepted. Please note, getting approved for a yonko will be even harder than getting anything else approved. Don’t be offended if yours is rejected, there’s a limited amount of space for an extremely popular and important role

Who is planning to make a Yonko or Warlord? Please tell me if you plan to create either of these important figures within three days, otherwise I’m going to finish planing them and I can’t guarantee that it’ll still be open down the road. Also note that if you decide to create one, you will be expected to lead an arc surrounding them (with a few possible exceptions for warlords) as well as playing them and making sure they are relevant.
Me~

Though since you stole my idea I'll have to come up with a new theme :(

So many options...

Though you may be rare you will be nothing more than a passing pleasure for the great Gymir! And after he’s become bored with you, well, he’s always had a taste for exotic meats.
Nice one, Mango. That’s pretty evil.

I’m getting Nami vibes from Harphina, since everyone pervs on her and she has to snap back. Zandia already fills the happy carefree role. @Hecotoro ’s character is underrated by the way.

I don't know who that is. When I came up with the idea i assumed i was being creative...

are there any sound devil fruit users? I was thinking about that as a possibility.
@E.K.A.N.S. is right. That’s already a pretty well established devil fruit. There’s also already a sound one. In order to make an original one you’re gonna have to be super creative as Oda, the creator of one piece, has basically used every basic power.

Additionally, you’re gonna have to edit your post. As far as I can tell, shark rays aren’t poisonous and even if they were it wouldn’t make them immune to venom injected into their bloodstream

@E.K.A.N.S. is right. That’s already a pretty well established devil fruit. There’s also already a sound one. In order to make an original one you’re gonna have to be super creative as Oda, the creator of one piece, has basically used every basic power.

Additionally, you’re gonna have to edit your post. As far as I can tell, shark rays aren’t poisonous and even if they were it wouldn’t make them immune to venom injected into their bloodstream

Ill edit it ,but Alarich did hit the lionfish twice with his shoulder poisoning him too.

How about a blood devil fruit(logia)... bet Oda didn't see that coming...

Ill edit it ,but Alarich did hit the lionfish twice with his shoulder poisoning him too.

How about a blood devil fruit(logia)... bet Oda didn't see that coming...
I probably wouldn’t allow a blood logia for being too OP. Also, please remember that the crew is supposed to lose xD. It’s nothing personal. And to your point, Alarich shouldn’t have poison given what you chose to base him on

That's cool... can't use poison attacks making his spines just prickly things...

I'm also running out of devil fruit ideas... how about mercury devil fruit? I'm borrowing that idea from black clover...

That's cool... can't use poison attacks making his spines just prickly things...

I'm also running out of devil fruit ideas... how about mercury devil fruit? I'm borrowing that idea from black clover...
Sorry xD, but it’d be broken if you could make a fishman with the best attributes of all different fish. I think a mercury devil fruit would be cool

I'm debating on which race I want...

Quick question, can skyrpieans/shandians fly?
(I've looked it up but seen people respond yes and no)

If not I'll probably choose three eyed tribesman. Would they be aloud to know "the voice of all"?