• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join One Piece Second Try

Here’s a quick updated bio I wrote for Porcelain Elio in class (Celain is NOT Elio’s brother):

Name: Celain
Epithet: N/A
Bounty: $0
Species: Human
Appearance: He stands at 6’0” and has defined muscle (around Luffy’s level). Celain’s eyes are a shallow peasant blue⁠, dead and jaded like the eyes of someone who'd seen all the world has to offer. His scraggly white hair crumples over his dead-fish eyeballs like pasty seaweed. His clothes are a filthy white shirt, holed socks, torn black jeans, and a white bracelet beaded with porcelain skulls on his right wrist.
Personality: Celain is a man who wears many masks, but at heart, he's an empty, emotionless shell who can't genuinely feel anything or develop long-lasting bonds, because eventually his uncontrollable power will tear open a wormhole before him, whisk him away, and destroy the previous life he'd built. It doesn't show, but he’s deeply afraid that he'll never get a grip on his ability and truly exist among others.
Affiliations: N/A
Role: Captain of the White Pirates
Weapons: His bare hands, so far. Maybe I’ll keep the unsuspecting dudes’ butts bit as I’m not sure if I should make him gay yet...
Devil Fruit
Name
: Yu-Yu No Mi (You, you! No, me!)
Description: The Yu-Yu No Mi is a fruit that mimics an ordinary apple, but some of its skin is peeled off in the pattern of a swirl that spans it from top to bottom.
Type: Forbidden
Powers: The Yu-Yu no Mi is a cursed fruit that grants the user different powers each time he finds himself in a new world, so it's essentially a shapeshifting item that adapts to whatever new environment he's thrust in. Celain is a fleeting presence whose unpredictable power tears the fabric of space and casts him into other dimensions. For the duration of the RP, however, he will remain in this world, and per Mango's request, mentions of others he's seen will be vague.
Weaknesses: He sometimes lacks the will to fight, and he may find himself considerably weak in a new universe.
How it was acquired: Some trader unknowingly sold it to his home island, thinking it was a regular fruit. Then it got mixed up with some apples in the kitchen...
Techniques: Until he realizes his newfound abilities, Celain fights with his fists. Remorseless and mentally uninhibited, he's far stronger than the normal, morally constrained human, his jabs sharp enough to run a person through and his chokes tight enough to crush someone's neck.
Home Island: Parch Island, a robust yet infertile export economy that relies entirely on trade for food.
Backstory: When Celain was an infant, his caretaker pulped the Yu-Yu no Mi into baby food, which the child happily ate. The next day, he disappeared without a trace, having been transported to another world where his foster parents found him in the woods and assumed he'd been abandoned. They took him in, but he eventually vanished from there too. As he grew up, living in one world only to have it taken from him, he lost all sense of purpose, though there's a quiet resolve to gain control of his power somewhere deep inside him. He's scoured countless dimensions in search of knowledge that could help him further this goal while keeping his true feelings to himself, since no one would believe his story.

I'm thinking of scrapping him entirely because I'm getting busy to the point that I can only handle one RP, which I'd prefer to be Demon Slayer. Needless to say, I'm not taking as much of an active role in this and am counting on Mango and others to do most of the plot driving. My posts here will be relatively infrequent and hopefully that's fine, since I've seen this RP go days without a response and live. I'll be introducing Jericho as you suggested privately @Mango137
Accepted! No worries about not being as active, you’re as much of if not more of a leader than I am in demon slayer so I don’t expect you to have to do too much in this xD.

@JPSomeone it’d be awesome to see your idea of Elio!

@Mango137 sorry for not replying sooner! hope you don't mind if I post on the RP real quick...

Alarich and Harphina's raw was in his mouth. It looked like this guy had performed 3 sword style but with food.

JP I haven't much of a clue what this is supposed to mean... It's kinda funny ,but at the same time its makin me think...

"raw in his mouth"
Im assuming your talking about the sashimi?
images

"this guy had performed three sword but with no food"
technically he only has two cleavers... Im not going to ask what third sword your referring to...
As for the no food... that part just perplexing.

Don’t actually know what your posts say as I haven’t read the RP so I’m shooting in the dark here.
No, she's a combination of Harbor Seal, Pinniped, Ross Seal, and Weddell Seal :v
What is she, a foursome?
"raw in his mouth"
images
It’s 1:30 and I haven’t had breakfast, then you go and post this XD

Harphina’s raw in Alarich’s mouth refers to the raw makeout session they’re having, I think.
technically he only has two cleavers... Im not going to ask what third sword your referring to...
So get your third sword ready.

What is she, a foursome?
Makes sense.

It’s 1:30 and I haven’t had breakfast, then you go and post this XD

What are you waiting for?! An invitation? Hurry up ,and get breakfast! I always get me breakfast!

"Breakfast is the most important meal of the day serving it up every day! Seriously it is. People wake up for breakfast, people go to work on a full stomach because of breakfast. Lunch is irrelevant, and people only eat dinner as a means of staying full until breakfast" - ThAtGuY

JPSomeone

Previously Kyle From Hoenn
I was gonna have Elio laugh it off as per his described character sheet, but I thought this was funnier and I had to make something very clear: nobody fucks with Elio’s food.
Bro honestly I'm gonna have Ging mess with everyone because keep in mind he's a child with a man body. Right and wrong isn't very clear to a child but you my g, you went overboard. Also question for you: if your got punch on Ging but he somehow managed to grab you would it affect you to?

@Mango137 sorry for not replying sooner! hope you don't mind if I post on the RP real quick...

JP I haven't much of a clue what this is supposed to mean... It's kinda funny ,but at the same time its makin me think...

"raw in his mouth"
images

As for the no food... that part just perplexing.
Imma go correct that before I post again ;-;

Alright guys! At last we’re getting into the first arc!!! Here are the vague plans for the first part of the arc. During the fight, Elio will find himself thrown overboard only to be rescued by Arcann. They will find themselves on the shore of the island and be the group leading the rescue mission.

Alarich, Zandia, and Morgan will have lost the fight and find themselves being captured for their various skills. They will be taken to a workers village where Alarich will be made a chef, and Zandia and Morgan are forced to work the fields until they are assigned a crew. Morgan is unable to revolt due to sea stone shackles that are placed on him so the beginning of that story will focus on those three plotting a heist to steal Morgan’s key so they can fight back. This will also lead to them being introduced to two undercover marines (one being Elizabeth) who are working to infiltrate Gymir’s island and take him down.

Harphina will be captured as well, but due to her rare race, she will be taken to Gymir’s castle; however, she will be thrown into the dungeons due to her fierce attitude despite being poisoned. While imprisoned, she’ll meet Jericho who will heal her and eventually the two will break out.

Ging will be left on the sinking ship after being deemed too difficult to train due to his animalistic nature. He will then meet Aia who has been in hiding and will quickly work to save the ship after everyone else has left.

The arc will all lead up to the different groups all ending up at the castle at a similar time for the final fight. After the marines witness they’re defeat of Gymir, certain members of the crew will be granted their first bounties.

Well they’ll definitely fight but it’s a pretty steep disadvantage. Not sure why fighting hard would make Alarich like them better but whatever you want, he’s your character
That isn't what I meant. I merely pointed that out because it if the fight is really that difficult it seems unlikely they will be able to improve enough to win the second time around.

"What are you baffons up to now?!"
I think it’s “buffoon.” I’m only correcting you because I easily misread that as “What are you baboons up to” and thought look who’s talking
Zandia and Morgan are forced to work the fields until they are assigned a crew.
I hope Zandia isn’t picking cotton or the fact that she’s a monkey is a serious problem. Harphina being imprisoned for her race and meeting a perverted doctor in a dark dungeon is edgy enough. On top of that, will all this be happening on Sugarvag Island?

I think it’s “buffoon.” I’m only correcting you because I easily misread that as “What are you baboons up to” and thought look who’s talking

I hope Zandia isn’t picking cotton or the fact that she’s a monkey is a serious problem. Harphina being imprisoned for her race and meeting a perverted doctor in a dark dungeon is edgy enough. On top of that, will all this be happening on Sugarvag Island?
Nope xD. As stated it’s breakneck island (I’m bad at names). I didn’t think about the edginess, but I think the monkey thing is a bit of a stretch (but still, it wouldn’t be cotton anyways). As for Harphina, race things like that are a pretty common occurrence in one piece. As long as it’s portrayed as a negative thing and isn’t encouraged for the good guys I see no problem, especially because slavery and such is a large part of the universe we are basing the rp on. I don’t think either of them are edgier than eating a fetus and killing a mother and daughter though xD.

No Sugarvag Island, huh?
theres a time and place for everything ,but not now
I guess you prefer wood, since you're quoting Professor Oak.
Nope xD. As stated it’s breakneck island (I’m bad at names). I didn’t think about the edginess, but I think the monkey thing is a bit of a stretch (but still, it wouldn’t be cotton anyways). As for Harphina, race things like that are a pretty common occurrence in one piece. As long as it’s portrayed as a negative thing and isn’t encouraged for the good guys I see no problem, especially because slavery and such is a large part of the universe we are basing the rp on. I don’t think either of them are edgier than eating a fetus and killing a mother and daughter though xD.
Haha you actually responded, and I love how you're taking me seriously lol

Breakneck Island sounds like Celain's kind of place.

No Sugarvag Island, huh?
'Fraid not... If we are lucky there may be a round two... In fact you know what? Im calling it! At some point the crew has to go to sugarvag island... and visit Jericho's home island... I would suggest visiting his house ,but I don't really want to know what's in that place... might be all sorts of stuff like surgical equipment or tylenol pm medicine.

I wonder if Alarich can get away with food poisoning the pirates he cooks for? I mean if he's gonna cook for a bunch of evil pirates he might as well go for the sucker punch(undercook/overcook certain ingredients... not wash his hands...) The pirates would think they are just eating a delicious meal ,but on the down low things are about to get real bad... bathrooms are going to have waiting lines ,and people are gonna be getting reeeaal sick...

@Godjacob here it is for now, I’ll probably update it later.

Name: Xavier Ursa
Epithet:
Species: Human
Appearance: Xavier is a very hard man not to notice. He towers over the average man standing at about 7’2 and has extremely bulky muscles that are shown off due to his lack of a shirt, preferring to wear his marine captain jacket like a cape. He wears navy blue trousers tucked into black boots and has a similarly navy baseball hat covering which pushes his messy blonde hair to just above his eyes.
Personality: Xavier has never taken his job too seriously. He was regarded as one of the most talented recruits in his early days and was said to be capable of even becoming an admiral, but he preferred to relax and enjoy the lavish lifestyle of a captain without much difficulty at work. He now floats around the North Blue and quickly sinks the ships of any rookie pirates he encounters
Affiliations: Marines
Role: Captain
Devil Fruit: (Optional, preferably non-canon) also may be obtained later.
Name: Kuma-Kuma no mi, model: Polar Bear
Description: A dark blue watermelon with light blue swirls
Type: Zoan
Powers: Allows the user to turn into a polar bear
How it was acquired: It was a reward for being able to bench the most weight during a marine training camp.

Hey guys. If you look at Celain’s bio you’ll notice that the Yu-Yu no Mi does two things, tears a hole in space and sends the user into another dimension, then grants him new powers depending where he ends up. Mango and I have been talking and he’s worried about Celain having two powers; Devil Fruits are specific and only give you one.

I don’t consider the dimension warping a second power; it’s a drawback of an existing one, a mind-corrupting curse associated with every Forbidden Fruit. So think of the ability he gains in this world as his only power, but it’s so strong and unstable that it ultimately distorts space. Each use, or his mere presence, creates small tears in the fabric (similar to how Trafalgar Law’s broken Devil Fruit reduces his lifespan if used too much). That way, the dimension warping is essentially a “technique” of the existing power, resolving the problem of having two.

If that’s unconvincing and still looks like two distinct abilities, then I’m wondering if all of you are okay with it.

Last edited: