• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join One Piece Second Try

That's why I said "if" in reality it would probably be Morgan plowing the field while Zandia tosses the seeds willy nilly ,and the guards brutally attacking Morgan for Zandia's actions. :o:x:

thumb.php

Bonus points to anyone who recognizes that image and the phrase Harphina just said lel.

Onto more important stuff though, does everyone know exactly what they're doing for this upcoming arc or is it time to sit down and have a group meeting?

A wrinkly old man with deep-set eyes that cast dark shadows above his crooked, hook-like nose. His thin, cracked lips were pressed into a wicked line, betwixt lied whatever remained of a cigar the man had managed to pawn off the guards.
So for a second there I thought you were autoing my character’s description but my tired eyes had glossed over the “mental image” part XD

Just clarifying though that the actual image of Jeri doesn’t have a crooked, hook-like nose, deep-set eyes, or thin, cracked lips, nor is he wrinkled and old (his grizzled hair is the lone sign of premature aging, and he’s “withering” in the sense that he’s overworked). Real Jeri wouldn't press his mouth into a wicked line :p. Btw it’s a cigarette, not a cigar (I understand commercial cigarettes weren’t around until like 1865, but Sanji smokes one too).

He’s 25 and “nonchalant, messy but attractive,” meaning he has the appeal of a cool, overworked guy who couldn’t care less. He’s not at all creepy-looking, and the questionable way in which he words his thoughts is understated by a dry demeanor that makes it seem like he’s unaware of the things he’s implying, so he’s not the overtly perverted type.

Last edited:
So for a second there I thought you were autoing my character’s description but my tired eyes had glossed over the “mental image” part XD

Just clarifying though that the actual image of Jeri doesn’t have a crooked, hook-like nose, deep-set eyes, or thin, cracked lips, nor is he wrinkled and old (his grizzled hair is the lone sign of premature aging, and he’s “withering” in the sense that he’s overworked). Real Jeri wouldn't press his mouth into a wicked line :p. Btw it’s a cigarette, not a cigar (I understand commercial cigarettes weren’t around until like 1865, but Sanji smokes one too).

He’s 25 and “nonchalant, messy but attractive,” meaning he has the appeal of a cool, overworked guy who couldn’t care less. He’s not at all creepy-looking, and the questionable way in which he words his thoughts is understated by a dry demeanor that makes it seem like he’s unaware of the things he’s implying, so he’s not the overtly perverted type.
It's completely a mental image based on solely his voice and the smell of cigarettes and the overall poor conditions of the cell. Harphina can't actually see Jerry...like as all. A seal's eyes are adapted for underwater vision, so even in broad daylight, Harphina has terrible vision. The darkness made an already bad situation even worst. As far as her senses are concerned, Jerry is a disembodied voice.

She created the mental image because it just seemed like anyone she met in those conditions would be less than pleasant.

Harphina interpreted the dryness in his voice as 'hoarseness', from heavy smoking rather than a speech quirk, that might be corrected later when they've traded a few more sentences. The words themself are of a questionable nature, and she's skeptical of a doctor in a Pirate-owned prison. I was actually going to have her comment on his last lines, which was along the lines of I check up on patients while they rest, as particularly dubious, but I forgot to add it.

Her mental image of him was drawn from assumptions and self-verified conclusions. A hoarse, old quack in the dungeon of pirates in some god-forsaken corner of the ocean blue who, self-admittedly, likes to check up on patients while they rest. She's also yet to meet a person who's spelt even the 'C' in classy, and his words reminded her of Elio, so Jerry just unknowingly lumped himself with the pervy captain.

Your clarification is well-received though. Harphina would probably be taken back that Jerry doesn't look like a drug-addled hobo lol.

Cigar, Cigarette, Eh, I know the difference but never really bothered to distinguish them in speech. I'll take note of it for later though.

So basic plan for the arc, subject to some changes.
  • Elio is on a revenge course to rescue Harphina and defeat Gymir
  • Arcann will meet up with Elio along the way and aid in his quest
  • The 3 at the camp will have an encounter with Justine who has been tasked with integrating herself into the island to discover what’s really going on
  • On the ship, Aia will use her powers to loot a nearby marine ship for resources and will learn that they plan to attack the island. After some convincing by Ging she will use her powers to help the crew and deliver that message to the camp group
  • After receiving that information, the camp group will do some investigating and learn of a plan to frame the other slaves as members of the crew so the main marines will unknowingly kill a bunch of innocent people which Gymir will then use as blackmail to maintain ruling his island
  • The camp group is determined to stop this and will lead a mission to find Morgan’s key so together they can save the rest of the slaves. Meanwhile Ging and Aia fight off an attacker of the ship and work on navigating around the island to a point where the crew can escape after their fights.
  • Alarich and Zandia fight two guards to steal the key, meanwhile Gymir’s younger brother that runs the camp (who is emotionally unstable) begins rampaging the slave village after learning that there are undercover marines among them and is extremely paranoid that all the slaves could be one. It is up to Justine to hold him off and defend the village
  • After a high difficulty fight, Alarich and Zandia succeed in retrieving Morgan’s key and return it in time for him to be freed and lead the others in a difficult fight against the giant. Justine will go on to work to stop the impending marine attack
  • During all of this, Arcann and Elio would have reunited and worked together in making a rampaging track towards Gymir’s castle. They will arrive at the same time as Ursa and just in time to save Harphina (and coincidentally Jeri) from what’s about to happen. Arcann will fight Pasche with the help of Jeri who uses his medicine as a support for Arcann so he isn’t affected by the poison. Perhaps near the end of the battle Jeri can reveal he’s actually capable of fighting with his devil fruit and step in to help out, he just didn’t feel like it before. Either that or in classic @E.K.A.N.S. fashion I was thinking after Arcann defeats Pasche in a more traditional way, Jeri could do the fucked up move cancer on the already defeated enemy as payback.
  • I do have some surprises planned for the final battle so I don’t want to get too into it, but Ursa will be fighting in it as well as Harphina and Elio against Gymir. It’ll be a little bit of a free for all between the three groups, but primarily it will by Ursa, Harphina, and Elio vs Gymir. After the fight Ursa will see some of the crews strength and use that information when he decides their bounties soon after.
  • After finishing the fight, Ursa goes and finds Harphina standing up to a superior who is purely fixated on crushing the island. He will talk him down and make him back off, saying he trusts Justine’s word that the villagers are innocent.
  • The conflict within the Marines allows the rest of the crew to regroup and escape, during which Elio will offer to take Jeri with them, only seeing him as a hero for now (I think it’d be a funny dynamic, Harphina is disgusted by Jeri but everyone else thinks he’s a hero so then Jeri can go do more perverted things and nobody will believe Harphina’s accusations xD). Elio will also recognize how much Aia has helped and attempt to recruit her, also apologizing for stealing her ship.

This week chewed me up and spit me out lol. I just want to RP Demon Slayer, but I'll do a short post here for now.

While Jeri plows Harphina. Jk jk

@kyuukestu She's in her birthday suit, right? If so, she's really grown since the day Elio landed in her bosom and got her flustered.
Seals have special diving adaptations where they can retract their sexual characteristics into their body, so all anyone would see is a whole lot of fur :v

That being said actually trying to touch her would elicit a more violent reaction.

It's hot outside not a cloud in sight nor are there any gusts of wind blowing. The guards probably got whips, nightsticks, brass knuckles ,and dog whistles. Maybe spray some mace in your face too. Poor Zandia is out in the field with a garden hoe plowing a large plot of dirt one patch at a time so the next person can plant the seeds(probably corn seeds or co-... wheat! I was going to say wheat seeds of course! Poor Zandia is working while Morgan is resting... I bet Morgan convinced the warden that Zandia was strong enough to do both their share of work... and while this is going on Alarich is sitting inside somewhere away from the heat. Just cooking without a care in the world.

I have Morgan still feeling the effects of the seastone cuffs and is in a state of disorientation. Will work on him coming to his senses in my next reply.

My bet... It will be a tie between all the participants... right up till the last moment when Zandia swoops in and curbstomps everyone NOT to win over Harphina or anything silly like that ,but because she can.

Also when Zandia is beating everyone up the John Cena theme will be playing...

I was referring to Mango's pfp. That would be Harphina's sister anyway, since it's a picture of an otter.

I like Zandia better, to be honest, but I don't see Celain x Zandia working as he'll be doing unspeakable things and her bio says she doesn't like those who hurt her friends.

Name: Aia Akiko
Epithet: The Rogue Scientist
Bounty: 10,000$
Species: Human
Appearance: A woman standing at around 5'0, Aia has shoulder length messy dark red hair and light brown eyes. She wears a black jacket over a white short sleeved shirt, black skirt, dark blue tights and black boots. A brown Bowie hat and a pair of goggles decorate her head and face.
Personality: A generous genius thinker, Aia often puts the need of others before her own. She is really kindhearted, laid back and a tad bit flirty. She is quick on her feet and can is good at improvising, but is a bit naive. After sailing on the wide blue seas alone for over a year, Aia has developed a tendency to talk to herself. She also became a lot more blunt and snappy.
Affiliations: Pirates
Role: Scientist
Weapons: A huge and varied arsenal stored away in her pocket dimension made up of whatever she found during her time out on the seas as well as what she kept when she ran away.
Devil Fruit:
Name: Spatial-Spatial Fruit (Kukan-Kukan no mi)
Description: A set of dark red cherries attached by a stem.
Type: Paramecia
Powers: The user is able to create their own pocket dimension which they can access by using enclosed places or objects as “gates”. They can also connect the opening of one gate to another, basically creating a portal.
Weaknesses: The pocket dimension can only be accessed through the openings the user creates and others beside the user can also access these openings. Takes time creating a new gate. While the space itself can not be destroyed, the objects and places serving as gates can.
How it was acquired: Aia was tricked into eating the fruit by her former coworkers in an attempt to frame her and get her out of the picture.
Techniques: Flurry Shots, Gun Pummel, Peekaboo Bang. (More later if I think of any)
Home Island: Science kingdom
Backstory: Aia was born in a remote area named the Science Kingdom where the inhabitants enjoyed highly advanced technologies curtesy of the land’s many great scientists and inventors. These technological advancements is what have the land it’s name.

Like most people in the kingdom, Aia grew up with a high affinity to making tech and tinkering with machinery, although she seemed to have a higher affinity than normal. Almost like a prodigy, Aia quickly grew into one of the best scientists on the island and was scouted to join the land’s high council composed of the most brilliant minds present on the island at the young age of 14. While this was a great opportunity for her, this generated quite a few odd looks from her new colleagues.

Enraged and jealous of the girl’s increasing success, her coworkers hatched a plan to get her out of the picture. The island also housed a certain Devil Fruit which was kept under high security and considered a national treasure. Using their high standings, Aia’s coworkers managed to steal the Devil Fruit and planned to use it to drive the girl away.

One day, they squeezed the fruit into liquid and mixed it with Aia’s morning coffee and had her unknowingly consume their nation’s treasure. After it was found out the Devil Fruit has disappeared, the villains went to work and falsely accused Aia of having taken it and using their perfectly forged evidence against her. Having the entire world against her, Aia was arrested and scheduled to be executed for a crime she did not commit.

Mere days before her execution, Aia’s closest friends and colleagues who did not believe the accusation placed against her came to her rescue and managed to sneak her out of her captivity.

Having nowhere to go on the island, Aia was forced to flee her homeland, knowing there was no way she could have stayed. She vowed to return one day to clear the fog that has been placed upon her name.
Made some slight adjustments to my bio in the Personality, Weapons and backstory departments.

Jeri saying “nothing to look at anyway” is probably my favorite moment in this rp (possibly any rp) yet. I don’t know if you were actually referring to the whole reverted privates discussion, but I chose to read it as the ultimate disrespect xD. 0 fucks given from a perverted man who is looking at her naked. The perceived body image of Harphina just plummeted.