• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.
Okay guys, I know some of you are really being hindered by some of our buddies who are currently away, and I know that such a thing also puts pressure on those who are hindering the roleplay, so, I have some suggestions.

Of course, I'm referring specifically to Ajani, Diana, and Gerald. You guys can just interact amongst each other without needing to wait for Espe's Ponyta NPC. There are lots you can do. Perhaps Diana can go and find Galinda's tavern, maybe Gerald and Ajani would want to tag along too. Espe's an excellent writer and I know she can catch up once she has the time.

Meanwhile, for Allen who is currently stuck by Delilah and Trini, @Sciencewars you're free to write in any event you want. I do recommend having a very racist villager tips off the guards about a suspicious Driblim in the roundabout and they tear down his stand, and he has to salvage what he can before moving on, apologizing to the mother and daughter. Blue is also an excellent writer and I know she can catch up as well.

Now, @Jake Acker, are you free yet? Because I sorely miss Wilhelm. You can probably save his encounter with Alora for another time, and have him encounter Allen instead if you'd like, intervene in his stand being taken apart and help him, or anyone really. :p

Since this is a sandbox roleplay, it's certainly a lot more lenient about mod control. You're free to write in anything you want, create any conflict you want. I'm just pitching ideas in case you're stuck, but, can we agree that if someone has to step out for a little while because of real life, we can move on without them, but still have them be free to come back any time they wish? Just to keep things rolling.
As happy as I am to hear Wilhelm is missed, I'm still wrapped up in college work currently...I'm posting in some roleplays that require less in the way of high quality content because of this.

But eh screw it I will try to get a post up later today for you guys :)

Heh, good idea @PentheWonderful . However, I did mention however briefly that Allen has been working hard to get into the festivities. Knowing him, he somehow contacted whoever was in charge of the festival over the course of months. The guards probably knew that, they just have him on watch. Not gonna demolish anything.

Wow mienscapone, what an awesome entry you just posted! It's so colorful and full of life and character. While I personally can't stand hearing someone with her manner of speaking, I really like that you chose to make Galinda speak the way she does. It really adds to her character.

It was also very nice to see the little boy inspired like with Wilhelm earlier, and the girl wanting to be like the beautiful queen. It really gives your entry a place in the world. Well done.

Last edited:
First of all I apologise for the fact I centred much of that post on a fence (That was an awful pun), I simply enjoy the idea of Wilhelm always breaking things by accident and then failing to fix them as well XD
Also im afraid the actual quality may be a little poor, I didn't really have time to check through what it was I wrote.

Wow mienscapone, what an awesome entry you just posted! It's so colorful and full of life and character. While I personally can't stand hearing someone with her manner of speaking, I really like that you chose to make Galinda speak the way she does. It really adds to her character.

It was also very nice to see the little boy inspired like with Wilhelm earlier, and the girl wanting to be like the beautiful queen. It really gives your entry a place in the world. Well done.
So kind! :blush: Yeah, I don't care for cockney accents either, but I think it suits her :)

Okay guys, I know some of you are really being hindered by some of our buddies who are currently away, and I know that such a thing also puts pressure on those who are hindering the roleplay, so, I have some suggestions.

Of course, I'm referring specifically to Ajani, Diana, and Gerald. You guys can just interact amongst each other without needing to wait for Espe's Ponyta NPC. There are lots you can do. Perhaps Diana can go and find Galinda's tavern, maybe Gerald and Ajani would want to tag along too. Espe's an excellent writer and I know she can catch up once she has the time.

Meanwhile, for Allen who is currently stuck by Delilah and Trini, @Sciencewars you're free to write in any event you want. I do recommend having a very racist villager tips off the guards about a suspicious Driblim in the roundabout and they tear down his stand, and he has to salvage what he can before moving on, apologizing to the mother and daughter. Blue is also an excellent writer and I know she can catch up as well.

Now, @Jake Acker, are you free yet? Because I sorely miss Wilhelm. You can probably save his encounter with Alora for another time, and have him encounter Allen instead if you'd like, intervene in his stand being taken apart and help him, or anyone really. :p

Since this is a sandbox roleplay, it's certainly a lot more lenient about mod control. You're free to write in anything you want, create any conflict you want. I'm just pitching ideas in case you're stuck, but, can we agree that if someone has to step out for a little while because of real life, we can move on without them, but still have them be free to come back any time they wish? Just to keep things rolling.

That sounds like an excellent idea! I'll definitely use that suggestion :D

Also @mienscapone I LOVE your entry post nwn Galinda is such a big sister and I love it. I actually am inclined to agree that her accent suits her, then again I don't have too much bias against cockney (I actually enjoy the accent because it annoys my friends sometimes).

I can't help but think that she and Diana might have a bit in common. Aside from being different types, they both have three sisters :3

Also @mienscapone I LOVE your entry post nwn Galinda is such a big sister and I love it. I actually am inclined to agree that her accent suits her, then again I don't have too much bias against cockney (I actually enjoy the accent because it annoys my friends sometimes).

I can't help but think that she and Diana might have a bit in common. Aside from being different types, they both have three sisters :3

Everyone's so nice :'3 When the time comes for the two to meet, I should warn you that there'll be a lot of hostility on Gali's side ahaha but once she finally moves past her prejudice against them ol' Mistypes I can imagine them getting on well ^^

Ah, yes! Just give me an hour or so to wrap up my DT post and then I'll start up on this. It'll be like a breath of fresh air from the more gritty Roleplays.

Probably will be up some time tomorrow. Though if you feel I'm take too long, feel free to post first. I shouldn't hold you back more than we already are :D

I fully agree with Nygenn, I'm so glad I accepted you when I did, @mienscapone! You're like a breath of fresh air to us, sparking new life into this discussion. I hope you'll stick with us for a long while. ;)

First of all I apologise for the fact I centred much of that post on a fence (That was an awful pun), I simply enjoy the idea of Wilhelm always breaking things by accident and then failing to fix them as well XD
Also im afraid the actual quality may be a little poor, I didn't really have time to check through what it was I wrote.
Yes, I'm so happy to see Wilhelm again! Ah, I just love that big guy more and more with every post you make. I'm just dying to have him encounter Cassie. That fence fiasco would certainly be a good discussion topic. I can throw in an NPC if you'd like, so Wilhelm doesn't remain a lonely bean. Maybe surly old Ramon? :pHe can probably lead him to interact with other PCs as well, so, that's a win-win.

Heh, good idea @PentheWonderful . However, I did mention however briefly that Allen has been working hard to get into the festivities. Knowing him, he somehow contacted whoever was in charge of the festival over the course of months. The guards probably knew that, they just have him on watch. Not gonna demolish anything.
No problem, I'm just pitching ideas to get the ol' writing juices running. :)

I'm glad I can be of help, ahaha.

Last edited:
Took a while to find my tone, still a little lost in the beginning. And middle. And end.
Here's some things you might want to know, some detailed in the post, others left out for lack of ingenuity. And yes, I did just look all of these up, because if I'm going to have a potter I'm going to know something about pottery.

To 'throw' a pot; to create a pot on a fast wheel.
To 'fire' a pot; to heat it in an oven/furnace/technical word that I'm not sure of that was used in that time until hard and such. Often this resulted in different colors than the original clay, or if it was dried in the sun.
To 'leather dry' or basically any use of leather as an adjective; a pot/whatever that has been tried in the sun until it receives a leathery texture, often done before fired or before painting them.
Fast wheel, or potter's wheel; a wheel spun by feet or hands that, in the hands of good potters, can wield almost identical pots/dishes/whatever the heck you're using terracotta for, each one taking about five to ten minutes. In this case, Que spent about one minute beginning to throw his pot- he did not finish.
Slow wheel; a less.. technologically advanced type of wheel that was some sort of slab of rock or stone pivoting on another, allowing the potter to turn it and the pot without having to move around it.
There are many different types of clay, made different with their different 'purities,' aka, amount of metals and other sometimes desirable sometimes undesirable substances within them.
And, last but not least, black figure art is actually a real thing that the Greeks did, and I did it absolutely no justice and found it terribly hard to describe chemical processes in a post, so go look it up if you want to do it justice. It's incredibly interesting.

Huh.
I just realized that if the palace ever receives word marking Que's house as a suspicion that warranted research, he'd be totally screwed when they found Cassie's treasure. The reputation even fits. Goodness, I hope no one has cause to do that :'|

Huh.
I just realized that if the palace ever receives word marking Que's house as a suspicion that warranted research, he'd be totally screwed when they found Cassie's treasure. The reputation even fits. Goodness, I hope no one has cause to do that :'|
Haha, I was wondering when that would occur to you. :D
But still, I don't think I'd be able to put the poor boy through that torture, he's just a lonely Potter whose pots hardly ever sell. Besides the treasures never stay there long. I was planning on keeping this a secret for a little longer, but three times a month Cassie would gather all her loot and meet up with an international/traveling merchant, who has no idea of the local gossip and ongoings, or straight out smugglers when they're in town to sell her goods to. That way the stolen items don't circulate in town and are never seen again, and no one ever figures out what happens to the items the Phantom stole, nor how Miss De L'allée makes her money.

Fun posts to read by all of you :D No specific comments, but it looks like we've got one or two new people in our midst that I have yet to address. I'm holding back judgement on the characters themselves until I get to know them and your styles better, but I'm excited for you guys to impress me the more you write :) It's always fun to read new styles. I'm especially looking forwards to reading more from mienscapone, as your writing and vocabulary thus far intrigues me.

On a slightly less... useful note, I have half a mind to make Que's hat made out of wool, just so I can, quite literally, pull the wool over his eyes XD

Made it! I quite like this Gerald, actually. Maybe a bit more than the original, if only because this one is a talkative goof as opposed to an occasionally clever dork :p

A little short for my taste, but I couldn't think of much else to post. I have a bit of an idea, where Gerald goes off and comes upon Galinda's Inn, asks if she needs entertainers etc.. Something like that maybe.

Anyways! Not much to say about all of your posts without repeating what other people have said already, so...
Great job, everyone! :D

One last thing...
On a slightly less... useful note, I have half a mind to make Que's hat made out of wool, just so I can, quite literally, pull the wool over his eyes XD
That is the best description of "Visual Pun" I've ever seen. Granted, only one I've seen, considering it's a description of a visual pun, but still the point stands! Fantastic joke, story XD

Made it! I quite like this Gerald, actually. Maybe a bit more than the original, if only because this one is a talkative goof as opposed to an occasionally clever dork :p

A little short for my taste, but I couldn't think of much else to post. I have a bit of an idea, where Gerald goes off and comes upon Galinda's Inn, asks if she needs entertainers etc.. Something like that maybe.

Anyways! Not much to say about all of your posts without repeating what other people have said already, so...
Great job, everyone! :D

One last thing...

That is the best description of "Visual Pun" I've ever seen. Granted, only one I've seen, considering it's a description of a visual pun, but still the point stands! Fantastic joke, story XD

Ah, I had a bit of an idea as well for getting us to the inn xD I'm gonna throw my post up there and see how it jives.

Heyyy sorry for the absence (sorta) guys. I'm currently behind on my studies and I had to prioritize on that. I've been keeping up with the posts so far, and I like that this roleplay is sustainable without me. :)

That being said, I'll begin posting again as soon as I'm free, which won't be long I hope. Not that it really demands my contribution or anything, but I like how I can be a normal roleplayer here while also being the moderator. It's running itself already. Until... I move things along to an escalation, that is. :D

What do you guys think? Should I shift things into second gear as soon as this first day ends or would you like a little more time to goof around? That is, you still get to goof around even after I move things along, just that there will be more things to write and react to then.

Heyyy sorry for the absence (sorta) guys. I'm currently behind on my studies and I had to prioritize on that. I've been keeping up with the posts so far, and I like that this roleplay is sustainable without me. :)

That being said, I'll begin posting again as soon as I'm free, which won't be long I hope. Not that it really demands my contribution or anything, but I like how I can be a normal roleplayer here while also being the moderator. It's running itself already. Until... I move things along to an escalation, that is. :D

What do you guys think? Should I shift things into second gear as soon as this first day ends or would you like a little more time to goof around? That is, you still get to goof around even after I move things along, just that there will be more things to write and react to then.

I'm totally down for an escalation on the second day :D I don't have any real long arching story planned out beyond day one.

I'm in the same boat as Chroc, nothing is really planned out for Gerald, I'll roll with the punches.

...out of curiosity, I thought of something. What about man-made Pokemon? I'm talking about Grimer, Magnemite, Golett etc.. Since this is medieval time without the proper resources, do they exist? In the far future may they be conceived in their original form?

I'm just curious, none of those Pokemon appeared so far, so no matter the answer nothing is bothered by it.

...out of curiosity, I thought of something. What about man-made Pokemon? I'm talking about Grimer, Magnemite, Golett etc.. Since this is medieval time without the proper resources, do they exist? In the far future may they be conceived in their original form?

I'm just curious, none of those Pokemon appeared so far, so no matter the answer nothing is bothered by it.
I dunno really. If anyone wants to use one, then let that person come up with a convincing excuse to make them work. :p

If the resources are the issue here, than I think they still would exist- although electricity wasn't exactly common scientific knowledge, iron was becoming increasingly used well before the time period this is placed in, so there would be a bases for Magnemite's formation; all it would take would be, as I prefer to call it, a good dose of magic, as I don't actually believe that man made these man made Pokemon, rather that they were created from man's waste and scientific discoveries left to their own devices. Although the issue of electricity and magnets with Magnemite is a good question, it's still plausible that some particularly iron-oriented societies could have given enough room for something like Magnemite to evolve, although it would likely be different. As far as Grimer goes, although we tend to refer to it as created more from a factory's waste, look no farther than the West for an incredibly... unclean society, at least for awhile before that time, that could possibly leave room for its growth. I'm sure such things can be argued for a lot of others as well, with a little bending of the lore of the creatures and possibly some of history. But, yeah, Nygenn is right, if someone wanted to use one they can come up with an explanation themselves ;P

Edit; Oh yeah, almost forgot. I don't mind moving forwards- that said, I also don't mind staying where we are for a bit. Either way, I'll still just be exploring Que

If the resources are the issue here, than I think they still would exist- although electricity wasn't exactly common scientific knowledge, iron was becoming increasingly used well before the time period this is placed in, so there would be a bases for Magnemite's formation; all it would take would be, as I prefer to call it, a good dose of magic, as I don't actually believe that man made these man made Pokemon, rather that they were created from man's waste and scientific discoveries left to their own devices. Although the issue of electricity and magnets with Magnemite is a good question, it's still plausible that some particularly iron-oriented societies could have given enough room for something like Magnemite to evolve, although it would likely be different. As far as Grimer goes, although we tend to refer to it as created more from a factory's waste, look no farther than the West for an incredibly... unclean society, at least for awhile before that time, that could possibly leave room for its growth. I'm sure such things can be argued for a lot of others as well, with a little bending of the lore of the creatures and possibly some of history. But, yeah, Nygenn is right, if someone wanted to use one they can come up with an explanation themselves ;P

Edit; Oh yeah, almost forgot. I don't mind moving forwards- that said, I also don't mind staying where we are for a bit. Either way, I'll still just be exploring Que

I'd think electricity is actually well known in suimera since electric type Pokemon exist. Maybe nobody's learned how to harness it, but regardless, that might help provide reason behind man made pokemon.

We should also not forget that while we say Pokémon, we're really talking Gijinka here. Essentially humans with some Pokémon like features.
Magnamite would just be humans with electricity abilities, and perhaps a single eye, or some metallic features. Grimer and Muk would be... well Goo-girls of sort :)

We should also not forget that while we say Pokémon, we're really talking Gijinka here. Essentially humans with some Pokémon like features.
Magnamite would just be humans with electricity abilities, and perhaps a single eye, or some metallic features. Grimer and Muk would be... well Goo-girls of sort :)

I thought about the goo-girl concept as well with Grimer and Muk, but was immediately put off by the fact that they'd basically consist of poop and other nasty-smelling goo xD

Guys, but you are forgetting the best one...

Golett and Golurk are great, and I would love to design, or atleast see one designed, in the near future. Also, I agree with Nygenn on this one. They are gijinka like any other. I mean, pokedex entries don't matter as much. We didn't see Allen abducting anyone in his childhood.

We didn't see Allen abducting anyone in his childhood.
We actually don't know... Did he?
-

Also, Golurk might just still be an automaton of sorts. They are potentially humanoid enough. I originally planned to have one as the bouncer for Tales Haven, until if discovered it's a ghost :/

Nice entry mienscapone, I really like what I think you implied here. Should be an interesting twist on things.
One thing though, would you mind using " " for speech and ' ' for thought? Especially since you don't always specify who is saying or thinking what, it's not always clear if things are said out loud or not.
-

Now on a more personal note... I have been looking on for a few days now and apologize to Astral and Nova for my lack of posting but to be perfectly honest, I actually have absolutely no idea where to go, what to do, or what to say with the Prince and the frog... and the thunder dog.
I have even been thinking about him getting called away for some matter or another just to free you both up to go and interact with others.

the Prince and the frog... and the thunder dog.
This needs to be some sort of children's story XD
I'll now pretend to add something meaningful into the discussion to have a reason to actually post this.
Uh.....
Whatever you are currently thinking of might be interesting. Also, you shouldn't let me have a keyboard this late at night. And what the heck, I'm going to post this without actually editing my internal dialogue, because.... I can.

Yay for meaningful input.

Now on a more personal note... I have been looking on for a few days now and apologize to Astral and Nova for my lack of posting but to be perfectly honest, I actually have absolutely no idea where to go, what to do, or what to say with the Prince and the frog... and the thunder dog.
I have even been thinking about him getting called away for some matter or another just to free you both up to go and interact with others.

Maybe you could have Noblest Draggo take Thunder Doggo and Darkest Froggo to some place in the kingdom, or subject them to ruthless interrogation as they aimlessly walk the halls. Or you could just go with your plan of letting them go do other stuff. I don't really have any other suggestions.

Ummm

Good posts guys

I'm just trying to make a conversation.

Edit: Do you guys have any ideas I could do for a post with P-kid? I feel it's the best choice until Blue responds.

Last edited:
God, I accidentally just posted an unfinished post. Sorry for any confusion surrounding that.

Are there perhaps any characters up for interaction with the Architect?
Or should I make a post full of daily life kinda stuff?