• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.
I made that post with the idea that one of the earliest generals was also a charizard and that while not all have been many have.
It's certainly possible. If it's vague enough it can also fit with the dragon theme I imagine the palace has going for itself considering Suimera's founding king, and perhaps his friends.

btw, I just wanted to point out that strictly speaking Salem told Mai-Ling to meet him outside of Alizé's office. A couple of times now I've seen the poor frog sweat at having to face her lady again when she actually doesn't have to. :p

Waiting sucks......Wilhelm craves action!
Although you know a hurricane is good reason to have to wait :p
If you are really craving to write something you can build up Wilhelm a bit through your NPC Seamus. Maybe write a post which has the old coot reflect on when Wilhelm joined the guards, or have him comment or take not of the current state of the guard, their routines, the kind of jobs they do, etc. Nothing should really stop you from writing anything, not in Suimera at least.

If you are really craving to write something you can build up Wilhelm a bit through your NPC Seamus. Maybe write a post which has the old coot reflect on when Wilhelm joined the guards, or have him comment or take not of the current state of the guard, their routines, the kind of jobs they do, etc. Nothing should really stop you from writing anything, not in Suimera at least.
I totally agree! Loved his character, want to see more.

Huh, I might actually do something similar for Jasmine if that's okay. I've been itching to submit another post in this RP for a little while.

You know that's actually a great idea, I just need to get 20,000 words of English coursework out of the way before hand XD

Huh, I might actually do something similar for Jasmine if that's okay. I've been itching to submit another post in this RP for a little while.
By all means, your NPC's are there to back up your character, and all your characters are there to help build up the world around Suimera. At the moment there are rough outlines for a plot and the more the world gets fleshed out the bigger the chance a story will form and take root. So go wild people, in a manner of speaking.

Don't dictate things with too large an impact without discussing it first though. So don't suddenly decide there's another kingdom using its armies to besiege Suimera, or have an epidemic break out, or something like that. :p

Quick question- What's the festival? I know it is celebrating the coronation, but what's there? Preformers, like Allen and Diana, but what else?
I personally have thought of there being a big parade as well, where the royalty will go down the streets of the capitol on a float or something, also debuting the new king to his citizens, with an entourage of performers. That's the main event I'd say, coupled by the ball taking place in the evening, but that may or may not be restricted to the elite. What do you guys think?

I personally have thought of there being a big parade as well, where the royalty will go down the streets of the capitol on a float or something, also debuting the new king to his citizens, with an entourage of performers. That's the main event I'd say, coupled by the ball taking place in the evening, but that may or may not be restricted to the elite. What do you guys think?

Seems fairly spot-on in my opinion.

Got a bit of backstory building in terms of Diana's family. Now, I shall work on some other roleplays that I have fallen behind in xD
I just want to give you props for your world building! I think the idea of some hybrids being more Pokemon than human existing in Suimera is absolutely brilliant. Thank you. :D

I just want to give you props for your world building! I think the idea of some hybrids being more Pokemon than human existing in Suimera is absolutely brilliant. Thank you. :D
I like it as well, but I happened to go for the exact opposite.

Also, fun fact- Allen was originally going to be some kind of alchemist. I figured that the shadowy demeanor fit, but not the rest of the character.

You're always free to share more information. My only concern with a player having multiple main characters is that there's a larger chance they end up playing by themselves, or if they all spread out and connect with other characters that the loss would be too great what that player stops posting. But by all means submit a sheet, present all the information you want to share about your NPC's.

Now that you mention it, while I'm waiting on Blue, I was thinking of doing a post with Pigeon-boy as a focus. It's a good idea to build up side characters, but not too much.

You're always free to share more information. My only concern with a player having multiple main characters is that there's a larger chance they end up playing by themselves, or if they all spread out and connect with other characters that the loss would be too great what that player stops posting. But by all means submit a sheet, present all the information you want to share about your NPC's.

Alrighty. If she's to remain an NPC I think I might actually just keep posting like I have been. I won't commit to using her too much, just enough to keep me going in the RP until I can post for Diana again.

Very sorry if I end up wasting your time, but could I possibly join the rp as well? Sorry for asking so late, but I'm happy for my character to fulfill any kind of role you need :)

Very sorry if I end up wasting your time, but could I possibly join the rp as well? Sorry for asking so late, but I'm happy for my character to fulfill any kind of role you need :)
Hmm... We're all rather caught up by the absence of two of our roleplayers, and it's greatly walling off everyone else that had interacted with them from posting. I do see you fit our writing criteria though, after stalking some of your other roleplays. I will have to discuss with Nygenn about this, as on one hand, a fresh roleplayer would be able to give the others extra interaction while waiting for Espe and Blue. We don't need a particular role to be fulfilled, that is completely up to you, so, in the meanwhile how about you type us up a bio according to the format in the front page and we'll see how it goes? We also implore you to read what has been posted in the roleplay so far, to know who and where everyone is and take note of the lore and gossip below the introduction post.

Here's my character profile!

Name:
Galinda Leofdaeg
Nickname(s): Gali, Linda
Species: Garchomp
Personality: Having been constantly weighed down by the responsibilities that she continues to uphold, Galinda has come to develop a rather stern, serious and overly mature disposition. As a result, her no-nonsense personality coupled with her seemingly brash and brutish behaviour has made her largely unpopular with those of the opposite gender. In contrast, this aloofness only increases the admiration that younger girls in her area hold for her, although a softer side of Galinda can be seen when she is interacting with her siblings.

Her sisterly attitude extends further than just her own siblings. Once she has grown to have a significant amount of fondness for another, she has a tendency to act overbearing and bossy as she would with her 3 younger sisters. Nonetheless, her heart is always in the right place and she always has good intentions for those she has formed a kind of bond with, even though this process takes more than a fair share of time. This is likely due to her work-before-play policy, thus she generally considers friendship and romantic relationships to be of little importance, especially the latter. Though she won't admit to it, there is a part of herself that wouldn't mind finding love and settling down with a partner. Again, she still tries to avoid romance when possible, and her lack of charm has left her chances quite slim.

Holding her late father in high esteem, Galinda has developed the same strong prejudice against 'Mistypes' that her father had inherited from his own forefathers. In her eyes, they are no more than cowardly and conniving wrongdoers and she is sure to let one know when they aren't welcome in her family's Inn. In addition to this, she thinks very little of what her family calls 'soft dragons', as she is rather proud of her dragon type strength and believes this manifests less so in the likes of the Goodra, Kingdra, Altaria, Flygon and Dragonite lines.

History: The love child of a Garchomp father and a mother of an unknown species, Galinda was raised with strict parenting and a never ending list of responsibilities. Even in her youth, she was to help her father keep their precious and long running family Inn on top. Her duties only grew in number as she gained 3 sisters over the years. Time and time again, she would witness the same process. Various women would make a place for themselves in the Inn, enchanted by her father. Nonetheless, the result was the same each time and they would all quickly pack up and leave in a fit of rage. In three cases, not before leaving an infant behind with Galinda's father. Galinda always assumed it was because of her father's tendency to only focus on the management of the Inn and felt saddened when he chose to put these relationships to an end, though he reassured her that family and the business must always come first. Feeling confident in his decision-making, Galinda remained happy to help-even with the addition of 3 young Gible sisters that she was tasked with raising (who have now grown into respectable and capable Gabite).

The girls would take turns sitting upon their father's knee, listening to his stories, from magical fables to wild bar fights. Still, he would take time to ensure that they realised that fables were nothing but made-up stories once they came to working age (which for their family is a considerably young age indeed) as he wanted his children to develop good common sense and independence. Before he passed, he would make a point of reminding Galinda that she was the paragon of his teachings and how he took pride in knowing that the Inn would be left in good hands.

Appearance:
Galinda stands at a rather large 5'9, befitting her overpowering and intense personality and mannerisms. Her eyes burn with an intense golden hue while her pupils are thin black slits. On the outer edges of her eyes are black marks that streak across her face and grow thinner at the ends. Similarly, there are two of these markings shared by her cheeks that stretch to the ends of her face, although they are much thinner. There are also a pair of thin black marks on either side of her neck, resembling a shark's gills. These are actually present on her thighs, shoulders and ankles as well, but remain unseen as her clothing conceals them.

With her relatively broad shoulders, bulk and muscle tone, Galinda has quite an imposing and masculine appearance. This muscular build contributes well to her outstanding physical capabilities. Nonetheless, she has several feminine assets such as a fairly large bust and wide hips. Were it not for her bulk and how intimidating she is to so many around her, she could be considered fairly attractive with her rich olive skin and layered royal blue locks that reach almost to her hips. Random strands of her hair have a reddish hue at the tips.

Clothing: Generally, Galinda wears a dark grey-blue linen kirtle and a faded reddish-brown smock underneath. The kirtle is laced up from the front, the thread extending down from the very top of the scooped neckline to the skirt section of the dress, which is ankle-length. Her feet are covered by a pair of tattered brown low shoes. A pale yellow scarf is tied around her head in a medieval style, concealing her crown but leaving her long hair to be seen. An apron of the same colour is tied around her waist, covering the skirt of her kirtle.

Special Abilities:
As mentioned before, she has incredible raw power and has been known to lift objects more than twice her size, allowing her to hold her own in spite of lacking talent in swordsmanship or any kind of weapon wielding. In addition to this, she is able to create small tremors with a stomp of her foot.

Last edited:

Name:
Galinda Leofdaeg
Personality: Having been constantly weighed down by the responsibilities that she continues to uphold, Galinda has come to develop a rather stern, serious and overly mature disposition. As a result, her no-nonsense personality coupled with her seemingly brash and brutish behaviour has made her largely unpopular with those of the opposite gender. In contrast, this aloofness only increases the admiration that younger girls in her area hold for her, although a softer side of Galinda can be seen when she is interacting with her siblings.

Her sisterly attitude extends further than just her own siblings. Once she has grown to have a significant amount of fondness for another, she has a tendency to act overbearing and bossy as she would with her 3 younger sisters. Nonetheless, her heart is always in the right place and she always has good intentions for those she has formed a kind of bond with, even though this process takes more than a fair share of time. This is likely due to her work-before-play policy, thus she generally considers friendship and romantic relationships to be of little importance, especially the latter. Though she won't admit to it, there is a part of herself that wouldn't mind finding love and settling down with a partner. Again, she still tries to avoid romance when possible, and her lack of charm has left her chances quite slim.

Holding her late father in high esteem, Galinda has developed the same strong prejudice against 'Mistypes' that her father had inherited from his own forefathers. In her eyes, they are no more than cowardly and conniving wrongdoers and she is sure to let one know when they aren't welcome in her family's Inn. In addition to this, she thinks very little of what her family calls 'soft dragons', as she is rather proud of her dragon type strength and believes this manifests less so in the likes of the Goodra, Kingdra, Altaria, Flygon and Dragonite lines.

History: The love child of a Garchomp father and a mother of an unknown species, Galinda was raised with strict parenting and a never ending list of responsibilities. Even in her youth, she was to help her father keep their precious and long running family Inn on top. Her duties only grew in number as she gained 3 sisters over the years. Time and time again, she would witness the same process. Various women would make a place for themselves in the Inn, enchanted by her father. Nonetheless, the result was the same each time and they would all quickly pack up and leave in a fit of rage. In three cases, not before leaving an infant behind with Galinda's father. Galinda always assumed it was because of her father's tendency to only focus on the management of the Inn and felt saddened when he chose to put these relationships to an end, though he reassured her that family and the business must always come first. Feeling confident in his decision-making, Galinda remained happy to help-even with the addition of 3 young Gible sisters that she was tasked with raising (who have now grown into respectable and capable Gabite).

The girls would take turns sitting upon their father's knee, listening to his stories, from magical fables to wild bar fights. Still, he would take time to ensure that they realised that fables were nothing but made-up stories once they came to working age (which for their family is a considerably young age indeed) as he wanted his children to develop good common sense and independence. Before he passed, he would make a point of reminding Galinda that she was the paragon of his teachings and how he took pride in knowing that the Inn would be left in good hands.

Appearance:
Galinda stands at a rather large 5'9, befitting her overpowering and intense personality and mannerisms. Her eyes burn with an intense golden hue while her pupils are thin black slits. On the outer edges of her eyes are black marks that streak across her face and grow thinner at the ends. Similarly, there are two of these markings shared by her cheeks that stretch to the ends of her face, although they are much thinner. There are also a pair of thin black marks on either side of her neck, resembling a shark's gills. These are actually present on her thighs, shoulders and ankles as well, but remain unseen as her clothing conceals them.

With her relatively broad shoulders, bulk and muscle tone, Galinda has quite an imposing and masculine appearance. This muscular build contributes well to her outstanding physical capabilities. Nonetheless, she has several feminine assets such as a fairly large bust and wide hips. Were it not for her bulk and how intimidating she is to so many around her, she could be considered fairly attractive with her rich olive skin and layered royal blue locks that reach almost to her hips. Random strands of her hair have a reddish hue at the tips.

Clothing: Generally, Galinda wears a dark grey-blue linen kirtle and a faded reddish-brown smock underneath. The kirtle is laced up from the front, the thread extending down from the very top of the scooped neckline to the skirt section of the dress, which is ankle-length. Her feet are covered by a pair of tattered brown low shoes. A pale yellow scarf is tied around her head in a medieval style, concealing her crown but leaving her long hair to be seen. An apron of the same colour is tied around her waist, covering the skirt of her kirtle.

Special Abilities:
As mentioned before, she has incredible raw power and has been known to lift objects more than twice her size, allowing her to hold her own in spite of lacking talent in swordsmanship or any kind of weapon wielding. In addition to this, she is able to create small tremors with a stomp of her foot.
Ah! I love this character already nwn although, I'm biased since I have a severe softspot for Garchomps

I've been doing some research into the time period to refresh my brain.. medieval, correct/ And I was just curious what specific century this is based in, and whether or not we're looking at specific civilizations mirrored in this town. I'm running on the basis that, although these two worlds, that being ours and the one of the RP, are drastically different, their technology evolved in rather similar ways, and, since I'm a sucker for history, I'd like to know what exactly I'm looking at. In addition, I'm presuming trade routes and such have been set up throughout the world, but there hasn't been any major globalization- that is to say, we'll have rare resources from other parts of the world as a part of the lore; expensive, exotic, and likely belonging to high members of the civilization, like chinese porcelain was to west asia- incredible, expensive pottery, in that it was fragile and had to be transferred from China.

I've been doing some research into the time period to refresh my brain.. medieval, correct/ And I was just curious what specific century this is based in, and whether or not we're looking at specific civilizations mirrored in this town. I'm running on the basis that, although these two worlds, that being ours and the one of the RP, are drastically different, their technology evolved in rather similar ways, and, since I'm a sucker for history, I'd like to know what exactly I'm looking at. In addition, I'm presuming trade routes and such have been set up throughout the world, but there hasn't been any major globalization- that is to say, we'll have rare resources from other parts of the world as a part of the lore; expensive, exotic, and likely belonging to high members of the civilization, like chinese porcelain was to west asia- incredible, expensive pottery, in that it was fragile and had to be transferred from China.

Uhm, you can kinda decide for yourself what you like best and what fits with the posts of others. The only thing I would like to point out is that the kingdom of Suimera is quite far removed from other kingdoms, and so foreign trade is a big deal. It's also located pretty high up in a mountain valley so not anywhere near an ocean. There are many lakes and dense forests though, at least that's how I always imagined Suimera. The story of the Exodus of the first king and his companions is such a compelling one because it speaks about this long and far journey in order to reach this secluded paradise area. Now of course, that was almost a millennia ago, and we know that the world only ever gets smaller and smaller the more civilizations develop. Still, unless you have reasons to say otherwise I would like it if at the time of this RP not all of the world has been mapped yet.
-

mienscapone, I really like your character bio. She seems a very interesting character, with a nice personally that will surely fit well in this RP. Her character archetype intrigues me quite a bit as well, my compliments on going for a strong, muscular woman. I like it :)

I am looking forward to an encounter between Galinda and the prince, considering he's a 'softer' dragon and a sheltered one at that :p "A silly pretty boy" I imagine he'd be to her.

Last edited:
Nygenn thanks very much, I made sure to make her as different as I could :blush: Yeah, you couldn't be more right about her meeting the prince, it should be quite an incident :-O Don't think I did the reply thingamajiggy right ahaha oh well

Last edited:

Name:
Galinda Leofdaeg

Appearance:

Special Abilities:
I like this a lot! Since Ny also approves, and I have no objections whatsoever, I'd like to say great job! :D

I think the only thing I can say now is probably... Accepted and added to the list!

Name:
Galinda Leofdaeg

Appearance:

Special Abilities:

Pretty much what Chrocey said.
I have a soft spot for Garchomp, as it's one of my favorite Pokemon as well. I definitely like the Idea of a bulky female type character.

Okay guys, I know some of you are really being hindered by some of our buddies who are currently away, and I know that such a thing also puts pressure on those who are hindering the roleplay, so, I have some suggestions.

Of course, I'm referring specifically to Ajani, Diana, and Gerald. You guys can just interact amongst each other without needing to wait for Espe's Ponyta NPC. There are lots you can do. Perhaps Diana can go and find Galinda's tavern, maybe Gerald and Ajani would want to tag along too. Espe's an excellent writer and I know she can catch up once she has the time.

Meanwhile, for Allen who is currently stuck by Delilah and Trini, @Sciencewars you're free to write in any event you want. I do recommend having a very racist villager tips off the guards about a suspicious Driblim in the roundabout and they tear down his stand, and he has to salvage what he can before moving on, apologizing to the mother and daughter. Blue is also an excellent writer and I know she can catch up as well.

Now, @Jake Acker, are you free yet? Because I sorely miss Wilhelm. You can probably save his encounter with Alora for another time, and have him encounter Allen instead if you'd like, intervene in his stand being taken apart and help him, or anyone really. :p

Since this is a sandbox roleplay, it's certainly a lot more lenient about mod control. You're free to write in anything you want, create any conflict you want. I'm just pitching ideas in case you're stuck, but, can we agree that if someone has to step out for a little while because of real life, we can move on without them, but still have them be free to come back any time they wish? Just to keep things rolling.