• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join New Beginnings (Discussion)

Who/what should be the antagonist?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So basically my chances of getting a good response are gone until summer. And then you cant do anything until Zixal returns. So basically the RP is dead until summer.

Can Anthony just leave and run off so i can do something? He needs some action.

Blue_Flash4

Previously Blue_Flash4 de Lafayette
This looks interesting
Name: Zen
Appearance: Black hair covering his right eye which has a scar from his dad’s cloyster, black jacket with a red zipper, black pants, black shoes
Personality: cold and cruel sometimes, nice to people that he becomes friends with (which is a small amount)
Dislikes: really joyful people
Starter: Charmander (M) (Stolen from the professor)
Skills: is very stealthy, good at breaking into places, good at battling
Goals: To show his dad that he really is a good battler
Other: Has beaten all of the Kanto Gyms and made it to the semifinals of that league.

Guess who returned. You get three chances.

I'm really sorry for holding everyone back. I had no idea you all were waiting on me; I wasn't getting any notifications. At one point, I figured everyone abandoned the RP as a whole, so I never bothered to check a second time. I'm back, though, so hopefully the roleplay isn't fully dead.

It's been a month, though, so I don't have high hopes, unfortunately.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Ok then, wouldn't have thought of that, actually.

Yeah, hopefully I didn't kill the roleplay with my inactivity. I'll try to be on as much as I can, now.

That's cute, Zixal XD

Anyways, I need to go for a walk and clear my head, can’t reply. All my RP's are making a comeback all at once and it’s overwhelming. And not just mine, tons of old RP's have risen from their slump.

It really is comeback season.

Last edited:
Ah. Good to hear. I just hopped into a few other roleplays of my own on Discord, and events just started happening. It really is comeback season.

Here's my second one

Name: Aura
Appearance: She has silver-blue eyes with black-dark grayish hair past her shoulders but pulled up in a ponytail with turquoise colored tips with red above it. She is 5''6 in height appearing slightly taller than most girls. She is a light skinned young lady with a very well feminine build. She appears to be wearing casual clothing with a red and black plaid shirt and greyish capris with black flats on her feet as the straps wrap around her ankles securely. She wears bandages around her left arm at her elbow with gold bracelets on both of her wrists along with a necklace with a phoenix feather on it with phoenix feather hair pieces attached to the side on her head.
Personality: Serious, Strong, Slightly stubborn(mostly), Difficult to convince when she is hurting, Sweet(when on her good side)
Likes: Fire, Ice, and Dragon-type Pokemon as they appear elegant to her, Reading about type advantages against weakness, Battle strategy, like to be on her own
Dislikes: People that ask her too many questions about her who she barely knows, ignorance, Someone who thinks she knows her too well, misjudgment towards other people
Starter: Snow(F)(Alolan Vulpix)(wears a crystal bow on her right ear)
Skills: Knows her way around an area she is unfamiliar with just by sight
Goals: To become a type master in fire, ice, and dragon type pokemon
Other: has a problem with her right shoulder as it was injured pretty bad in her past, wears a black wolf black with a turquoise blue half tip on it.

Last edited:
No, autocorrect, the 77-year-old former Vice President of the United States did not jump off a pyramid and land in front of Madison.

That statement made no sense until I read the post you made in the roleplay.

Also, I think I got it. I think I've got a solid idea of what's going on with this pyramid, and the current state of the region, but I have no idea how you planned on moving this interaction, @E.K.A.N.S. , and I'm not sure what @StormingCobra55 thinks about it.

Many RPers are too afraid to worldbuild as if there’s a rule against it, when the only rules are the ones listed in the first post of any RP. No GM in their right mind is going to limit creative freedom unless it destroys their plots, which is not happening here. And if it does, slightly adapt the plot along the way to avoid that, because nothing is set in stone like we have perfect vision of the future.
Also, I think I got it. I think I've got a solid idea of what's going on with this pyramid, and the current state of the region
What did you figure out exactly?
I have no idea how you planned on moving this interaction, @E.K.A.N.S.
Someone once accused me of pulling things out of my ass/not knowing where I’m going just because I don’t tell people anything. The only reason I keep people in the dark is to preserve the mystery, but so many people want to know what happens already.

I see where they're coming from. It does feel like much of this is on the fly, but so far it feels like you've been planning this out a while. I appreciate the concept of worldbuilding, and I feel like it's a great way to spread out a plot of a roleplay rather than having it be railed by the GM. I've been avoiding my own input on worldbuilding because I get the sense that so much of what you do is already pre-planned, and I feel as though I'd be intruding if I went and changed things. But I suppose that's one of the pros to having an open roleplay: Those involved create the plot as it goes, and figure things out when they get to the situation. It creates its own unique story that can only really be achieved through collaboration of minds. I'm more than willing to go along with that idea if you are.

I was just going through my next emote a few times, thinking about what I could add on, and I had a few ideas that felt like they circled back to what we've already established in the roleplay. Keep in mind, this is just a list of brainstormed ideas that I don't feel are necessary, but I figured could be possible. I don't mean to be pushing my ideas above others, I'm suggesting them.

((Bear with me, this list of ideas feels a bit extensive.))

-The Lasryn region had been a wild region until humans colonized it and tried to set up civilization long ago, including many expeditions that failed.

-There was a natural disaster, that included volcanic activity, that forced them out. Possibly a response from nature to something the expeditions did.

-The expeditions likely happened before colonization, which would make them the initial trigger of the problem, and the colonization the issue that pressed it to becoming so violent.

-The expeditions may have done something to the region when exploring it, which explains why they failed. Likely intruded upon something sacred that released a legendary Pokemon of some kind that caused the failure of these expeditions. (Could be a new fanmade legendary, or a canon one)

-Said legendary creature remained in its habitat for a while, until humans decided to colonize the continent and develop civilization (ergo, the hospital), which intruded upon its territory or possibly took something from the legendary or region that functioned as its “heart”, or something else.

-The region was thrown into chaos by either the legendary or a natural disaster caused by it. Any civilization built on Lasryn was destroyed.

-The pyramid temple in the jungle could either be a shrine to a) the legendary that caused the disaster, b) something that opposes the cause of the disaster, or it’s a safehaven created by the native Pokemon and definitely a mythical of some kind that kept the forest and the pyramid safe

-The door that needed Ingrain to open was likely the only entrance to this safehaven, due to some kind of mystic power generated by the pyramid temple shrine/mythical/etc.

-The Pokemon that exist in this safehaven are all trying to stay inside and rescue others that are outside of it, but many wild Pokemon could be under the influence of a) the disaster legendary, b) this “Team Void” (or other organization), or the region could simply still be in the act of falling apart, making it difficult for the native Pokemon to survive.

-This “Team Void” could be trying to harness this legendary’s power in order to completely wipe the region and rebuild it from the beginning, to their own demand/advantage (referencing the “New Beginnings” title), and could possibly be responsible for kidnapping humans from other regions (as there were none else in Lasryn) to use as sacrifices that keep the legendary “tame”, or at least passive, as it may not like humans for what they could have done to it (previously mentioned)

-The organization would be after this protected safehaven, as it stood in the path of their intentions to “reset” the region

-The goal of our “heros” could be to

1. Escape the organization/legendary disaster when it throws into full force while they’re exploring on different parts of the region, causing them to need to regroup and either get back on the boat, or if other complications arise, find a new way out.

2. Help protect the “safehaven” from the organization and/or find a way to fully defend it from the opposing force (whatever it may be)

3. Find out what happened that caused the disaster and “fix the problem” (video game style, return the sacred object or defeat the final boss), eventually leading to them quelling the threat of the disaster (be it by legendary Pokemon or the organization), and allowing the native Pokemon to again flourish in the region (again referencing the “New Beginnings” theme)

I took a bit of inspiration from some of @E.K.A.N.S. 's suggestions in the beginning of this channel.

Last edited:
That was one thing I considered, which is why I figured it could be fanmade for this roleplay only. Or just as easily, it could not be a legendary or mythical or any Pokemon at all. It could easily all be part of this "organization"'s plans for the region, whatever they end up being. I'm only suggesting the "legendary disaster caused by a Pokemon" as an idea that we could work into the roleplay.

Those involved create the plot as it goes, and figure things out when they get to the situation.
Exactly.
-This “Team Void” could be trying to harness this legendary’s power in order to completely wipe the region and rebuild it from the beginning, to their own demand/advantage (referencing the “New Beginnings” title), and could possibly be responsible for kidnapping humans from other regions (as there were none else in Lasryn) to use as sacrifices that keep the legendary “tame”, or at least passive, as it may not like humans for what they could have done to it (previously mentioned)
Of all the suggestions you posted, this is my favorite. It ties in everything that we’ve independently come up with: @Mystic Zander ’s missing people, Team Void being after us, and plenty of my shit.

Let me rephrase that. This is so good, that I’m pissed I even asked.

But what I had in mind is far off and more surprising than all of these combined... ;)

Or maybe not. ;)

Last edited:
Smooth save, Ekans.

And @LunarSilvally , I think you're critically misunderstanding what's happening between us. Neither Collax or Madison have entered the pyramid- they're standing in front of the entrance. It would be physically impossible to enter the pyramid without being noticed, and it's in the middle of a jungle.

Well, there's pyramid puzzle #1.

@StormingCobra55 We need ya, unfortunately everyone who was interacting with your character left

@Zixal Oh yeah, there's another reason besides type disadvantages that Skorupi couldn't open the door to the heart of the jungle. It's from the desert biome. Collax met Barkley in Akala, so he's a jungle Pokémon who'd have the key. You'd be denied entry otherwise. Chansey acts as a gatekeeper of sorts, but she knows Madison.

Last edited:
I just realized you guys have been reviving this, and yeah, I'm taking a pretty decent hiatus from Pokecharms. School work and responsibilities have been generally ramping up and I either don't have the motivation or just don't have the time to post. I'm probably going to be off until Christmas break. (in the US)

Sorry.