• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join New Beginnings (Discussion)

Who/what should be the antagonist?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ooooh, there are desolate structures here? It never occured to me that the last group got well established enough for that. Or was that to out of context for me to get yet, @StormingCobra55 ?

Because if so, this opens a lot of doors that excite me even more.

@StormingCobra55 I dunno anymore; I want to but I won't be able to keep up because...

1: I have too many other RPs to worry about.

2: there's always so much in one post for me to keep track of.

and 3: I've become really busy irl with work and everything so I won't be able to keep up, I'll just anchor everyone back.

I was waiting on Collax to say something.

I guess you have nothing to say?

Zander said before that he fit all the events of the day into one post for his character, which is why he's not posting right now. Lunar and Mystic are making tons of the replies and they're together now, so idk what you mean. Storming is running the RP so there's no way he can lose interest in his own shit. Don't know about the other two.

Name: Navarro Jardenil

Appearance: He stands at a decent 5'8", and is generally a pretty light guy. Navarro has a natural tan, with short, well cut jet black and slanted eyes. His musculature is astoundingly unremarkable, not being very physically or athletically capable by any stretch of the imagination - and can have trouble keeping up with people possessing more built bodily structures occasionally. The boy prefers to reserve more simple clothing, as well, usually wearing jeans or Khaki's with basic T - Shirts and Sweatshirts.

Personality: Generally reserved and outwardly neutral, Navarro has never been one to like social interaction very much, and sees it more as something to be scientifically fascinated by than participate in himself. Despite this, he doesn't mind making friends, and knows how to keep his cool under pressure and in groups, still being able to feign an extraverted nature when he finds it necessary. The boy is extremely practical, and bears little empathy for strangers. He's never really liked romance, either, preferring to mostly just stay as close friends instead of progressing further in scenarios, however does see it as necessary progression in the cycle of life, and due to this can sometimes flirt around for his own amusement, even if this is somewhat rare. Navarro will defend his ideals and opinions until he draws his last breath, and will be adamantly defensive about most of his actions - much to the annoyance of his previous companions, having a hard time 'letting go of things'. He generally foregoes societal standards, seeing them as temporary and unnecessary limitations in the grand scheme of life.

Likes: Despite his inward, somewhat cynical, yet adaptive nature, Navarro still enjoys conversing and debating those he considers to be of substantial intelligence, and especially people who are like him: practical, witty, and focused. Also mentioned in skills, he bears sewing as somewhat of a side hobby for his free time. (When he isn't spending it studying or taking notes.) Oh, also, I don't know if this is needed, but the Navarro is also firm in his Heterosexuality.

Dislikes: Slackers and those who take the world around them for granted are extremely annoying for Navarro, and he sees them as traitors to humanity as a whole. He eats very lightly, and doesn't really hold too much of a preference in what he consumes, once again seeing hunger as a necessity that is pointless to hold any kind of bias over. Other than this, he's still generally neutral upon viewing conflict that doesn't directly involve him.

Starter: Pawniard (Victor)

Skills: He has a knack for sewing, though it's not something he tells people often. He is extremely good at reading people, as well as
Pokemon, and wants to go into the field of psychology someday.

Goals: Though he's not vehemently against battling, Navarro still sees it as ethically wrong - and is going on a journey mostly to find a better concept of how people interact in makeshift groups, though this would require for him to join one, just yet another road block. He also wants to learn more about the psychological structure of Pokemon, and traveling alongside them makes that seem like a very achievable and much more foreseeable goal.

Other: He comes from Sinnoh.

Last edited:
@LunarSilvally So, I misunderstood your post. When you said:
Actually I have @Zixal with @Mystic.25
I thought you were saying that Naga was with both @Zixal and @Mystic.25 's characters
That there was some interaction between Naga and Collax that I missed.
But you were just responding to this post:
Absolutely, given how nobody has been turned down yet.

On that note, @E.K.A.N.S. , I don't know if you're waiting on someone, but I'm hoping not to lose the roleplay again. Of course, I don't want to rail it between just us two, but @StormingCobra55 and @Mystic Zander, @LunarSilvally , @Mystic.25 , @Skittles09 , and @Pokéboy098 haven't really made any replies either.
Responding to Zixal, saying you were with Mystic. Not with Zixal and Mystic both.

I feel like I made the confusion worse.

Most of that post with all the mentions was a misunderstanding; I had thought my last post hadn't had any replies, and nobody else had responded on the thread. What actually happened was I just failed to check the thread itself for replies before making that post.

I'll be sure not to make that mistake a second time. My bad.

She looked to him. "Oh I see....I would ask why but...that's personal to you so I won't ask...really...but I was maybe thinking of adding a Flygon but the first evolution of it only appears in a sandy desert...and maybe a Haxorus....but if you feel uncomfortable with them I won't add one even if I want to have one" she smiled gently placing her hand on her neck rubbing it gently. "Well I favor most types except maybe ghost types....hehe"she said leaving the part about them haunting her as she didn't want to add her problems to his plate. "Also....um there is something I wanted to ask you....if that's alright...before I have to leave...the sky is starting to get dark a bit..."she said looking up at the sky seeing the blue sky starting to darken.-
I guess you're calling it a night and finishing your character's events for the day.

It's still daytime for Madison and Collax, though. As long as nobody skips to the next day yet while we're still here, that's fine. So we'll just assume that your stuff is happening after ours ends.

Note here: Is it okay if I bump up the age of Navarro a notch? I don't think he works as just fresh into his teens, I want to paint him as an intelligent, observant individual with an amount of self awareness - not naive, or anything.

@Salted_Apples It's perfectly capable of a person fresh into their teens to be intelligent, observant, and self aware. Age doesn't immediately constitute ignorance nor how naive one should be. Some children are raised that way, some raise themselves that way.

(Edit) @E.K.A.N.S. :up:

@Zixal I agree with you completely - I worded that post very badly, I just think I would like to play Navarro as an older character, is basically what I'm saying. Would also explain the further bond with his Pawniard more so.

@Salted_Apples I understand your reasoning, but I make the same point in response. Age doesn’t constitute the level of connection (or lack of any) with a Pokémon. Collax is fifteen, but he and Barkley are essentially siblings. However, if you feel it is necessary to make Navarro older for the sake of lore, it’s perfectly fine with me. It’s not up to me anyway.