• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join New Beginnings (Discussion)

Who/what should be the antagonist?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It is time for a new age of heroes to arise. Every time heroes disappear, more appear soon after. And every story begins somewhere.

A group of trainers have been sent to investigate a new region. They are unexperienced and have each been given one starter. Do they have what it takes to survive in the wilderness?

NOTICE

This is the beginning of a new timeline. My past characters will not show up in this RP, with the exception of some newer ones such as Jacob or Anthony. Both Kalebs, Jason, Jack, and my currently dead characters are not present for this RP. This is the same universe, but a few years after the timeline we have created.

Rules:

-Everybody is allowed ONE Pokémon to start.
-No shiny starters, and no evolved forms as starters.
-No starters that cannot evolve (e.g. Chatot or Lapras). They are allowed to catch Pokémon like these later on, but they cannot be your starter.
-No legendaries, mythicals, or Mega Evolutions whatsoever. Exceptions are if you get a Mega Evolution permitted by Stellar, but it must be late in the RP.
-Keep team growth at a steady rate. Dont be like me in the original Froena RP.
-If you decide to introduce a past character later on in the RP, they may have more than just one starter, as long as there is a plausible reason (sent by the professor to help, arent a part of the group and just decided to show up, etc.)
-No Mary Sues. Also, our characters are supposed to be first-time trainers, so this is all supposed to be new to them.
-Have fun.

Character Format:

Name:
Appearance:
Personality:
Starter:
Skills:
Goals:
Other:

My bio, along with the thread, will be up after three people join.

Last edited by a moderator:
Name: Ray Aquario
Appearance: Blue hair, red jacket, white shirt, pale shorts
Personality: she likes fighting strong opponents, she’s calm and cool
Dislikes: Qctopus food, snobby people
Starter: Squritle
Skills: Quick thinker, Swimming
Goals: she wants to be the best
Other: N/A

(I would like to join, if so, here's my bio)

Name: Sterling Hercules
Appearance: Silver hair, Purple fur hoodie, Black overcoat, Blue Jeans, Black trainers
Personality: Laid back, Friendly, 'Smart', Brave
Dislikes: Losing, Loud noises, Being told what to do
Starter: Axew
Skills: Surfing, Flute playing, Perceptive, Great climber
Goals: To become the strongest trainer he can be
Other: His flute influences small Pokemon

Last edited:
All accepted. And by the way, skills is basically asking what the character is good at.

Any Pokémon except shinies, legendaries, mythicals, Pokémon that cant evolve, or evolved forms are allowed as starters, so Axew is fine.

Here is my bio:

Name: Brandon Hurns
Appearance: Jet black hair, wears contact lenses, brown eyes, about 5”4, wears a black shirt and blue pants.
Personality: Likes to have fun, but in a more immature way than most people. Only trusts his close friends, and usually intends on being what most would call a “lone wolf”.
Likes: Fire, Dark, and Electric types, adventure, people who share the same humor as him.
Dislikes: Ground types, big crowds, boredom.
Starter: Chimchar
Skills: Fairly fast, good at building shelters, decent at fishing.
Goals: To become the best trainer in the world.
Other: The thread will be up shortly.

It's a new region so I'm assuming you're allowed to discover and catch Fakemon later on in the RP. Actually I'm only assuming that because they don't appear on your banlist. Previously unknown Pokémon would make exploring a new region more authentic

Name: Madison Cairn
Appearance: Blood-red hair, light blue dress, darker blue flats, beige woven sunhat tied with a black ribbon.
Personality: Prissy, vain, and stuck-up, thinking that she's special because she was sent to investigate a new region. Wants attention and throws tantrums when things don't go her way.
Dislikes: Losing, being dirty, thunder.
Starter: Gible
Skills: Cooking, baking, battling.
Goals: She already is the best and wants everyone to know it.
Other: N/A

Name:Zack Steel replys to Z.
Appearance:brown hair, white skinned,black jeans and a black hoody wears a white under shirt, red and white running sneakers
Personality:Z has no personality he acts to get his way for you see he plan to rule the world, but he mostly acts kind and clam around people to make them feel clam around him.
Likes:training and putting others down after beating htem
Dislikes:losing
Starter:Cyandaquil#155
Skills: acting, picking locks with a hair pin always caries hair pins on him, cooking and parkour (never really seen someone in the world of pokemon do it beside ash.)
Goals: 1st beat this region then the rest to then take over the world
Other:oh and he swears sometime (i will censor.)

If it's not too late, here's my bio:

Name: Lisa Ferrell
Appearance: Electric blue pixie cut hair with blonde roots just starting to show. Light brown eyes. Tan skin. Wearing a yellow zip-up sporty jacket, black leggings, athletic shoes and dark sunglasses. Carries everything in a plain black backpack.
Personality: Polite, artistic, adventurous, struggles with words, constantly humming or whistling.
Dislikes: Bullies, dancing, complete darkness.
Starter: Inkay
Skills: Sketching, singing, sense of direction.
Goals: Grow strong enough to compete with the best.
Other: From Kalos

Last edited:
Name: Theresa (Tia) Jaklin
Appearance: Tia wears a light grey shirt under a silver jacket. She often wears a pair of black pants. Tia also has dark blue eyes and dark brown hair.
Personality: Tia is a nice person, with a heavy competitive side to her. She isn't one to just pass off a challenge, often taking it and surpassing it. Other than that, Tia is quite normal.
Dislikes: Backstabbers, incomplete challenges, People who back down from things.
Starter: Fennekin
Skills: Good at cooking and very good climber.
Goals: None yet.
Other:

So many bios! All accepted. And it is fine if you wanna catch some Fakemon, but i wont be catching any. I will allow you to as long as they are real types, or you explain the advantages and disadvantages of the new type it has (like Crystal type for example).

So this place is new if I’m understanding it correctly. We’re sent to investigate, and we have to survive the wilderness. So it’s less civilized, and there are no gyms or Elite Four or anything like that, right? Maybe a few settlements or encampments I would think.

Edit: I guess my question is “how explored is it” to make what I’m asking sound less seemingly obvious

Last edited:
Name:Jade Leone

Appearance: Green Hair, Black coat, black socks ,green shoes and a green shirt

Personality: she is competitive, she is a bit shy meeting new people

Dislikes:people stealing Pokémon, the sea

Starter: Dratini

Skills: Strategic, good cook

Goals: to be the strongest pokemon Trainer

Other: she has sea sickness

I don't see that James guy in the RP anymore so @StormingCobra55 is currently waiting on a response... from no one. Maybe you could talk to us, or @The Quiet Zubat, @FrostCrispz, and @Kakashi Sensai whose characters haven't engaged with anyone yet? You probably want us to get to know each other a bit onboard before we land, right? If we've done that and want to move the RP along, do we have the right to land the boat or can only you write that part in?

Also in response to @Yusa maybe we could throw some ideas around unless @StormingCobra55 has a set plan in mind. We land, set up camp somewhere, argue over where to go (pick from three distinctive areas, like a cliff, a rainforest, and a volcano idk, we can work on that), and take a hike with a few pitfalls and other mysterious obstacles along the way that suggest this region may not be uninhabited. I know we're just kids but the purpose is to explore so maybe someone can map the sites that we visit while others register Pokémon. When we get there something will happen (won't spoil what I have in mind unless asked but it'll be a dangerous event that'll shake things up) and we'll scatter, seeking each other out and discovering interesting things on our own before finally reuniting and sharing what we know. There's time for battles and rivalries amongst ourselves too. Throughout the RP we can develop the larger question of why inexperienced kids were sent to an uninhabited region in the first place and learn some dark truth about Lasryn.

Another possibility is that we journey through the region like any other, with caves and water sources as our stopping points in place of towns and cities. The "evil team" we fight could be corporate thugs from a different region who are illegally hunting Pokémon, destroying the environment, drilling oil, or exploiting Lasryn in other ways. Or they could be pirates, who knows. Maybe there could be some weather event, or someone sinks our ship, causing us to be stranded in Lasryn and explore it in the hope of finding something that will get us home. Or this could be a cursed region like the Bermuda Triangle with urban legends surrounding it and ships/people disappearing, people dying there in the past, and mysterious phenomena happening all around us as we explore. I'm not in charge of this thread and I'm only throwing around ideas, but how do these sound? Which do you like best? Do you have any ideas?

Also @Yusa I know I wasn't asked, but you weren't answered, so I spoke up

Last edited: