• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join New Beginnings (Discussion)

Who/what should be the antagonist?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Working on a reply.

When we reach page 7, i will have a post with a brief description about Jack, Chance, and Griffin. Basically, it will say where they are and what their plan is. They will develop their plan over the course of pages 7-9. At page 10, they will set it into action and start to hunt for the adventurers. By page 14, they might have them all rounded up.

Think so? Things are about to heat up on my end, and Madison will end up in places so crazy that the bad guys will probably bring more danger to themselves trying to get her out of there. >:D

Anyway, I'm having trouble understanding your latest post because you skip across large distances with no transitions. I also recommend you break your posts up into sections using "~~~" or "---" to denote different points of view (mainly when your characters are in different places. If it's just Brandon and Anthony in conversation, same place, I can understand who's talking most of the time.)

And thanks for updating us in the discussion when asked for a response this time, instead of waiting days then silently posting like before.

@Mystic Zander there is only one other person in the group, @Yusa ’s character Ray. And she hasnt responded for a while. Madison and Collax are on the other side of the lake.

If you were referring to the guy on the Charizard and the other guy, they're in Sinnoh. They recently scanned the island to see if the survivors were still alive.

He was referring to Madison and Collax. Notice how I put a skip after I ended dialogue with you, that was the transition to the other side of the lake, sorry if it was vague, everyones location to one another was a bit of a blur so I was hoping a small skip would allow me to cut around the water..

It would probably take about five minutes for him to travel to the other end of the lake. And they’re not exactly in the same group, Madison hates Brandon’s group at the moment, except Ray.

Zander is currently impartial and wouldnt know that as he had just arrived, he's simply learning the faces of the island.
And five minutes is reasonable, lake would be small enough for him to easily see Madison and Collax from the other side so thanks for the clarification.

(I'll use a new oc for this since I was request and I will add my later char JC who in reminder has a shiny Umbreon as a bond partner NOT as a starter)

Name: Naga
Appearance: She is a light skinned young lady with light blue eyes with her right appearing completely blind that her bang covers. She has white long hair that is pulled up in a pony tail with light purple highlights on her hair. She wears casual clothing wearing a white dress with purple flowers on it with white flats on her feet with the straps wrapping around her ankles. She wears glasses upon her face along with a purple scarf around her neck and a cross necklace hidden underneath. She wears a white and light purple flower in her hair.
Personality: Gentle, Shy, Sweet, Warmhearted
Likes: Anything cute, Bows, Flowers, Reading, Pokemon Contests
Dislikes: Pokemon that are hurt for no reason, sounds of thundering and lightning
Starter: Eevee(F)(Ribbon)
Skills: Able to control a difficult situation within others, Performing contest strategies
Goals: To become a Master Pokemon Coordinator
Other: Blind in her right eye, Has two order brothers

~Coming in later~

Name: JC
Appearance: She is a light skinned young lady with dark brown hair pass the shoulder with a bang covering her right eye. She has light blue eyes with a well feminine build but light. She wears casual clothing with a purple and black plad shirt that is buttoned up with a tank top underneath along with black capri shorts with black open toed flats on her feet. She wears glasses upon her face along with bandages around her wrists and ankles. She wears a silver and black cross necklace around her neck with a gold and black rubic like cube attached to her belt. She wears a Hawaiian like fedora with Hawaiian flowers at the side that is tilted slightly to cover her right eye which her bang covers and also has a black Hawaiian side bag with a purple flower on it around her shoulder.
Personality: Quite distant, Gentle, Calm minded, Strategic, Strongwilled, Thinks before she acts, Cold(Only with her enemies and opponents)
(Bond)Partner: Blue(F)(Shiny Umbreon)
Pokemon: River(F)(Primarina), Wolfa(F)(Midday Lycanroc), Gem(F)(Flygon), Celosia(F)(Toucannon), Blade(F)(Absol)
Siblings: Shadow(M)(brother)
Likes: being there for her friends with a helping need, Reading, Helping out any species of Pokemon
Dislikes: People that irritate her too much, People who ask too many questions about her, Know it all's, People who treat Pokemon in the wrong way, People who think their better then others
Goal: To become a Pokemon Strategist Master
Other: wears a hooded cape and wolf mask, understands Pokemon by feeling and emotion

Hope it isn't too late for me to join.
Name: Scarus Ante
Appearance: See sprite in trainer card.
Personality: Somewhat of a loner who avoids others because he sees them as in the way of his goal, and isn’t afraid to break rules.
Dislikes: Bugs, losing.
Starter: Squirtle
Skills: Cartography and Battling.
Goals: To completely map the new region and try to build the first city.

Attachments

• 3B9A9F03-2A6F-4318-9838-46885DFEABBE.png
    3B9A9F03-2A6F-4318-9838-46885DFEABBE.png
    50.4 KB · Views: 24
IK. I saw that, but we can tackle it when we get there.
Actually, I’m changing my starter to trapinch. I hope that is better.

Last edited:
That would've been a good note to end on before they headed out and started the new day
The fire of his camp burned bright in the slowly dimming light of the sunset, and when he looked into the forest, he saw the smoke of another fire on the horizon. “Fools.” Scarus Thought, “No proper explorer has ever explored the inside of a place first.

Scarus entered his tent and fell asleep to the thoughts of those unknown others idiocy.
It's morning, Scarus. Not sunset. Let's be consistent.

Okay... so @Mystic Zander skipped to night. I guess you @Zixal and I can continue our timeline in the day and act like the second part of Zander's post happens when we're done. I was planning for some shit to happen today, that's why. We're all over the place again.

Everyone seems to enjoy playing around with the time of day. When I skipped from night to morning, I asked if everyone was okay with it first.
"You would know better than any of us the selfish desires that drove people far, 'Queen Maddie' After all, dont you wanna crush anyone that opposes you and rule Lasryn?." He replied, his sarcastic tone now dying out to be replaced by a softer yet serious one.
"Lets say it works out. Lets say after all the battling and exploring, you finally become Queen of Lasryn. Congratulations, your a sad little lonely Queen with no real friends at her side. Youll grow bitter and harsh and hate the world even more. What will you do then? A mentally unstable Queen with a inferiority complex, ironic. Thats why I hope you have a change of heart. Maybe not now, maybe not tomorrow, but sometime...." And with that, the boy slipped his backpack on his shoulders, stood up, dusted off his pants, and went on his way through the dense treeline.
"Ill be back shortly you two, maybe then we can continue our riveting conversation then." He added from a distance, the sarcastic tone in his voice returning as he disappeared into the brush.

Uh, you dont have to take my post as law. I simply wrote out my events for the day, you could still add what you wanted to do for the rest of the day, I was simply able to fit mine into one post. Zander will be going through quite a number of short skips as he plots the area we're currently located.
We speak in past tense specifically for this reason.

Sorry if that felt like I was forcing night on you. not the intention.

@Pokéboy098 I cant be for sure but it is a new Region, and most regions seem to range from the scale of large island to small continent (Except Alola of course). Considering they sent several young trainers, we could assume its on the smaller side of the scale.

Last edited:
Honestly, it would be more convenient for my character if it was an island, but continent would work too. I don’t want to make any decisions about the region since I didn’t create it.

"Ill be back shortly you two, maybe then we can continue our riveting conversation."
I simply wrote out my events for the day, you could still add what you wanted to do for the rest of the day, I was simply able to fit mine into one post.
Okay. That just means he might not be back shortly, if we decide to do something else the rest of the day and don't end up seeing him. Good, Madison needs some time to cool down
In his excitement, however, the hard tail slammed into Peter's foot. "AGHHHHH," he yelled in agony.
As he finished his threat, an annoying Ground Type chomped on his ankle. "Aghh," he exclaimed.
Poor Peter. Wonder if that was the same leg.

I'm seeing parallels between him and Madison. My girl hated Sterling's flute, your guy hates Naga's violin. Which of our characters is more despicable? :\=|:
She saw the boy emerge from from the bushes hearing him say how he like her music and was defending her. She clearly kept silent ae she was trying not to get after that threat that boy had given her. "There's no need to be mean to other....its just not right.....I wasn't in your way...so why are you threating me...."she said gently holding the handle of her violin case a bit tightly as she fixed her glasses a bit before tears fell down her face as she glanced away slightly.
Omg Naga is so sweet :love:

Ngl, I did kinda forget her name because you've been calling her "she" this whole time XD

Here @StormingCobra55 not the same sheet, but it has basically the same info. I will fix it if you need me to.
Name:Aura (Halt) Willow
Appearance: Aura has short black hair with the tips dyed blue. His right eye is blue, yet his left is white as it is blind. Aura wears a black vest over a blue shirt. Sometimes he wears a pair of sunglasses as bright lights ruins his eyesight. He does wear some long black pants held up by a rope belt.
Personality: Aura doesn't like to show his feelings out to everyone and does his own thing. He respects those he meets as acquaintances, nothing more. Sometimes, as Aura feels the need to, he will begin to say something important but chose not to. Other than that, Aura doesn't mind being a teacher as he often helps others after battles on how to improve. He does have a hole in his heart though.
Goals: Aura wants to live a peaceful life after all he's been through and given up.
Past achievements: Forena as inside man. Joining International Police. Many missions for IP. Saved regions behind the scene. Achived Mega Evolution. Learned to read the aura.
Pokemon: (Long breath)
Lucario->Mega Lucario
Heracross
Flygon
Salemence
Melotic
Porygon-Z
Darmanitan
Rhyperior

What should I say in the rp?
What should I say in the Roleplays right now (I want to catch a new Pokémon)
.......I really don’t know how to use my char
...Damn.

Shaynuh's doing her own thing, I'm doing my own thing and got story arcs planned... so idk? Do what we're doing ig? Develop your character maybe? All I know about Ray's goals from your bio is that "she wants to be the best," maybe elaborate on that? What's she doing on Lasryn of all the regions she could've chosen, where's she from, what's her family like, how's she handling being on an uninhabited island so far away from home? What'll she do to survive? I'd like to know.

These are just ideas and you don't have to answer all of them in one RP post, you can develop them gradually but it's whatever you wanna do lol

Last edited: