• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Naruto AU RP: discussion

First Exam:

• Written exam

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • ??? New exam

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ah thanks retro.

well kyuu, not only could it be a different barrier, but it could also have had lower power poured into it, seeing as they may have been conserving to fight damos if the need were to arise
Well, I made the barrier, so I guarantee you there weren't conserving to fight anyone xD

and even if they were conserving, unless Damos is significantly stronger than a perfect jinchuriki, which I wouldn't be surprised if he was, then the barrier would've held against him as well.

The barrier was one formed by a set of shinobi who were actually trying.

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
Well, I made the barrier, so I guarantee you there weren't conserving to fight anyone xD

and even if they were conserving, unless Damos is significantly stronger than a perfect jinchuriki, which I wouldn't be surprised if he was, then the barrier would've held against him as well.

The barrier was one formed by a set of shinobi who were actually trying.
Seeing as he could actually corrupt any chakra covered substance...that things falling with ease.
I'm gonna have to read all of the recent posts, at least since the beginning of this arc... I'll try to have a post up before I go to bed, probably.
Welp good luck, nice to have you back in the fold!

Nukas

Previously Kid_Nukas
Alright so, as a member of Nadeshiko, Amari has two innate skills that she should be able to use. One of these innate skills is called Meditative Mind. I've been working for a while trying to come up with a solid idea for this skill and I believe I figured it out. In Buddhism and Hinduism, people have what are called chakras. In most places I looked I came up with the consensus that the human body has 7 different chakra points, pools of energy that flow into one another. I decided that I wanted Amari over a long period of time to overcome her mental blocks in order to unblock her seven chakra pools. Based on the chakra pool she was unblocking, Amari would get some kind of new ability. Keep in mind that she would be very slowly unlocking these and it will be a hard process for her. Also, while the buffs might look like a lot, make sure to read each one as most of them, especially in the early chakra pools, are not huge buffs. I really hope y'all like my ideas. I feel like this will be a way for Amari to stand out with her own unique journey and pay off. If I need to clarify anything I will try my best. If I need to fix anything that you all might think is too much I will. Just give it a chance as I think this could be something really special for my oc.

Heightens senses in order to react better giving a good chance of survival. This boosts her senses other than sight to that of three times the average person. This includes her hearing, her smell, and her sensitivity to vibrations. While it does boost her sense of taste, this does not help in most situations. Amari already unblocked this chakra without realizing what exactly she was doing.

Once unlocked, Amari’s chakra should keep her in a state of pleasure which keeps her focus driven and her muscles from tensing up. There is a direct correlation between arousal and performance in physical activity. This chakra pool allows Amari to keep the perfect balance between the two.

Amari gains more control over each of her limbs. By learning to accept all parts of herself she gains more individual control over all limbs, raising her flexibility and mobility. This overall gives her more individuality between each limb, allowing her to do things that would be impossible otherwise.

When unblocked, Amari’s chakra starts to change and glow green, originating from Amari’s heart. This chakra is the bridge between her physical and spiritual chakra. As such, when unblocked she can use the chakra in two distinct ways. If she decides to use the chakra as the physical component, her physical stats along with the power of her ninjutsu will go up about 15% while also eating through her chakra slightly faster. If instead, she decides to use the chakra in the spiritual sense, Amari will see a boost in the effectiveness to any yin based jutsu she creates, including any genjutsu she might use.

By opening this chakra, Amari unlocks a genjutsu activated through sound. On a target of her choosing, if she asks them a question and they answer, they are put under a genjutsu that makes them see the world as though everything is the opposite of what they hear. (might be hard to do in rp, but I think it might work if I use it correctly)

When this chakra is unblocked, Amari has an almost unnatural sense of everything going on around her. Its reach isn’t comparable to the Byakugan, but it does give perfect 360-degree awareness within a 20 ft bubble That centers around where her third eye would be. While unblocked she also has an uncanny ability to see through illusions and genjutsu.

Once Amari reaches this peak she will have fully disconnected herself of all her worldly attachments. This significantly raises all her stats by a good 200% and grants her the ability of tangible chakra that she can shape and mold at will (think Hoshigakure star chakra, but it doesn’t slowly kill you while you use it). This will drain her chakra reserves considerably faster, but the chakra itself is potent. I’m willing to adjust/change this is if people have problems with it as there are probably other things I could try and just haven’t thought of.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Alright so, as a member of Nadeshiko, Amari has two innate skills that she should be able to use. One of these innate skills is called Meditative Mind. I've been working for a while trying to come up with a solid idea for this skill and I believe I figured it out. In Buddhism and Hinduism, people have what are called chakras. In most places I looked I came up with the consensus that the human body has 7 different chakra points, pools of energy that flow into one another. I decided that I wanted Amari over a long period of time to overcome her mental blocks in order to unblock her seven chakra pools. Based on the chakra pool she was unblocking, Amari would get some kind of new ability. Keep in mind that she would be very slowly unlocking these and it will be a hard process for her. Also, while the buffs might look like a lot, make sure to read each one as most of them, especially in the early chakra pools, are not huge buffs. I really hope y'all like my ideas. I feel like this will be a way for Amari to stand out with her own unique journey and pay off. If I need to clarify anything I will try my best. If I need to fix anything that you all might think is too much I will. Just give it a chance as I think this could be something really special for my oc.

Heightens senses in order to react better giving a good chance of survival. This boosts her senses other than sight to that of three times the average person. This includes her hearing, her smell, and her sensitivity to vibrations. While it does boost her sense of taste, this does not help in most situations. Amari already unblocked this chakra without realizing what exactly she was doing.

Once unlocked, Amari’s chakra should keep her in a state of pleasure which keeps her focus driven and her muscles from tensing up. There is a direct correlation between arousal and performance in physical activity. This chakra pool allows Amari to keep the perfect balance between the two.

Amari gains more control over each of her limbs. By learning to accept all parts of herself she gains more individual control over all limbs, raising her flexibility and mobility. This overall gives her more individuality between each limb, allowing her to do things that would be impossible otherwise.

When unblocked, Amari’s chakra starts to change and glow green, originating from Amari’s heart. This chakra is the bridge between her physical and spiritual chakra. As such, when unblocked she can use the chakra in two distinct ways. If she decides to use the chakra as the physical component, her physical stats along with the power of her ninjutsu will go up about 15% while also eating through her chakra slightly faster. If instead, she decides to use the chakra in the spiritual sense, Amari will see a boost in the effectiveness to any yin based jutsu she creates, including any genjutsu she might use.

By opening this chakra, Amari unlocks a genjutsu activated through sound. On a target of her choosing, if she asks them a question and they answer, they are put under a genjutsu that makes them see the world as though everything is the opposite of what they hear. (might be hard to do in rp, but I think it might work if I use it correctly)

When this chakra is unblocked, Amari has an almost unnatural sense of everything going on around her. Its reach isn’t comparable to the Byakugan, but it does give perfect 360-degree awareness within a 20 ft bubble That centers around where her third eye would be. While unblocked she also has an uncanny ability to see through illusions and genjutsu.

Once Amari reaches this peak she will have fully disconnected herself of all her worldly attachments. This significantly raises all her stats by a good 200% and grants her the ability of tangible chakra that she can shape and mold at will (think Hoshigakure star chakra, but it doesn’t slowly kill you while you use it). This will drain her chakra reserves considerably faster, but the chakra itself is potent. I’m willing to adjust/change this is if people have problems with it as there are probably other things I could try and just haven’t thought of.
Neat idea.

Last edited:

Swiss army Amari lol. Does seem like a cool thing to explore though.

Nukas

Previously Kid_Nukas
they’re decent buffs for current levels of our cast but I think you’ll need more in the future
I'll have more in the future through other methods. I'll get the buffs from Amari's star weapon eventually. I'm still going to go after the gift of the hermit chakra. I might also raise the level of the Crown Chakra, I was just trying to make sure I didn't take it too far for the initial idea so that I could gauge y'all's reaction and scale from there.

Nukas

Previously Kid_Nukas
I guess I should give credit where credit is due. Kyuu did help me when I was coming up with everything. While the idea and its concepts are all my own (Which I can't really say about much else in Amari's arsenal), Kyuu helped me at my roadblocks while coming up with the idea by giving me concepts to grow off of and essentially nudge me on the correct path. I just thought it was only fair to note that.

Nukas

Previously Kid_Nukas
Ok, just got through truly reading through everything post time skip. Felt like it was important to do since usually I just skim, but I wanted to start giving everything a proper read this time around. I'm going to be dedicated this time around and I want to give all of your characters the credit they deserve by reading through your entire posts. I just want to say, god you are all such good writers. You all have amazing ideas and it was all a ton of fun to read. There are a few things I either noticed or wanted to ask about as I was reading, so I've compiled them all here.

“Bo.”

Suddenly, Senji was nudged by a rather peculiar figure sitting next to them. A runt of a boy...man? With a an almost doll like fancy with rosy cheeks and a stature that was not bigger than three feet tall. Dressed in a black trench coat that hat all sorts of diamond shaped colors in the interior of it whilst also donning a Beret.

This person’s Beady eyes stared at Senji intensely, not even as much as blinking.

"Bo."

At the startling sound of a voice right next to him, Senji whipped his head to find himself staring directly at a dwarfish man dressed in a rather flamboyant trench coat. The sudden appearance of the individual beside him had been more than enough to disconcert him, and after regaining his composure, Senji returned the stare with his own gaze, nodding in greeting.

"Uh... nice to meet you. I'm Senji."

'Bo..? Strange way to greet someone you don't know, isn't it?' the boy thought to himself, his mind swirling with confusion as to who this person was; however, despite his brief episode of surprise, Senji quickly recovered and now met the intense look maintained by the boy before him, even outstretching his hand to shake.
Shouldn't Senji recognize Bobo? Senji was with Amari and Raiku when that demon child made the loud screeching noise. I feel like that would be something that was hard to forget, especially since Senji remembered Furijia who he had basically only known through that same interaction.
She had just marked every single shinobi here. They would be hard-pressed to notice as her method wasn't chakra based and the omnipresent scent of cape jasmine would aid in concealing her means.
What exactly was everyone marked with? Was it just water that used to be a part of Hyo? I realize the smell plus lack of chakra is supposed to hide the fact that they were marked, but I am interested in what it exactly it is to see if there's any way Amari could know what it is with her enhanced senses. I don't care whether she can or not, if the technique was that well disguised then I'm fine with it, but I feel like it's still important to know what it is. Also if it isn't chakra based then how does she have any control over it and how does it help her? The only way I can imagine is if she uses it kind of like Kiba and Akamaru's dynamic marking, but that technique only worked due to their enhanced sense of smell. Not trying to nitpick, just trying to understand.
you must except my challenge!
Accept*
This one was just to nitpick on something I found in a phenomenal post lol.

What exactly was everyone marked with?
Kotarō: a drug that smells like Cape Jasmine. It can be used to produce genjutsu, but it was not used for that in this case.
Was it just water that used to be a part of Hyo?
Yes and No. Hyō produces Kotarō within her body, it's what she mixes with her water to produce genjutsu mists and the like.
I realize the smell plus lack of chakra is supposed to hide the fact that they were marked, but I am interested in what it exactly it is to see if there's any way Amari could know what it is with her enhanced senses. I don't care whether she can or not, if the technique was that well disguised then I'm fine with it, but I feel like it's still important to know what it is.
It doesn't really hide. It's a drug that smells like caped jasmine, and it's a chemical made with chakra, but not made out of chakra.

The smell of caped jasmine was indicative of the drug being spread in the air and that's really all there is to it.

Recognizing it would be more akin to recognizing the drug, which is possible because the drug is also used as a meditative eye drop. Itachi in canon used the drug to stave off his illness and extend his life. Sasuke also uses the drug to cope with the eye irritation caused by the awakening of his Mangekyo.

Itachi isn't sick and Sasuke is dead though, so there aren't really any active utilizes of the medicine anymore.

With that out of the way, including Hyō, there are three people in the world that can make Kotarō. However, the materials needed to make it are hard to come by. While it's possible that someone might recognize the drug, it's extremely unlikely.
Also if it isn't chakra based then how does she have any control over it and how does it help her? The only way I can imagine is if she uses it kind of like Kiba and Akamaru's dynamic marking, but that technique only worked due to their enhanced sense of smell. Not trying to nitpick, just trying to understand.
Yes, its quite similar to the way Kiba and Akamaru use dynamic marking, excellent analysis.

Once the candidates enter the second exam the rain will begin to wash away the drug and as they move around they'll leave behind traces of a chemical trail that Hyō will just follow.

However, she will be further dabbling with the trackers. She only wants to talk to leaf shinobi who were in the last exams, so she'll be acting again later to single them out so she can pick out their trails from all the others.

Last edited:

Nukas

Previously Kid_Nukas
Kotarō: a drug that smells like Cape Jasmine. It can be used to produce genjutsu, but it was not used for that in this case.

Yes and No. Hyō produces Kotarō within her body, it's what she mixes with her water to produce genjutsu mists and the like.

It doesn't really hide. It's a drug that smells like caped jasmine, and it's a chemical made with chakra, but not made out of chakra.

The smell of caped jasmine was indicative of the drug being spread in the air and that's really all there is to it.

Recognizing it would be more akin to recognizing the drug, which is possible because the drug is also used as a meditative eye drop. Itachi in canon used the drug to stave off his illness and extend his life. Sasuke also uses the drug to cope with the eye irritation caused by the awakening of his Mangekyo.

Itachi isn't sick and Sasuke is dead though, so there aren't really any active utilizes of the medicine anymore.

With that out of the way, including Hyō, there are three people in the world that can make Kotarō. However, the materials needed to make it are hard to come by. While it's possible that someone might recognize the drug, it's extremely unlikely.

Yes, its quite similar to the way Kiba and Akamaru use dynamic marking, excellent analysis.

Once the candidates enter the second exam the rain will begin to wash away the drug and as they move around they'll leave behind traces of a chemical trail that Hyō will just follow.

However, she will be further dabbling with the trackers. She only wants to talk to leaf shinobi who were in the last exams, so she'll be acting again later to single them out so she can pick out their trails from all the others.
Alright, that makes a lot of sense. I was just trying to figure out what it was so that I could properly react to it; however, your response does raise a few questions in my mind.

My first question that this raises is what are the three parts to the exam this go around? This has probably been stated, but I think I was either dead at the time, or I just missed it. The second question it raises is how she would know to do this for part of the exams. The exams are meant to be randomized each time so that no one person is given an advantage, even if they've taken the exams before, right? Therefore Hyo should have no idea what the second part of the exams is going to be. This could be written off as her just taking an extra precaution based on the fact it might be needed, but if the drug is as rare as you say it is, then I'd say it might be too much of a gamble for something that may or may not give her a slight edge.

My first question that this raises is what are the three parts to the exam this go around? This has probably been stated, but I think I was either dead at the time, or I just missed it.

first one is a written exam, similar to canon.

second is a swamp based cops and robbers themed match where people are branded Criminals and Operatives, but each doesn’t know who they are. Operatives need to take a Criminal in order to win while the Criminal needs to keep their intel they steal from a Operative on hand and avoid being defeated by operatives. If they lose their intel, they cannot win.

Nukas

Previously Kid_Nukas
first one is a written exam, similar to canon.

second is a swamp based cops and robbers themed match where people are branded Criminals and Operatives, but each doesn’t know who they are. Operatives need to take a Criminal in order to win while the Criminal needs to keep their intel they steal from a Operative on hand and avoid being defeated by operatives. If they lose their intel, they cannot win.
So since no one knows who the other is, does that mean there could be criminals disguised as officers and officers disguised as criminals? I'm assuming based on what you said the officers each start out with certain "intel" as you called it that the criminals are trying to take. Does the intel actually give them anything or is it just a thing for the criminals to steal? If officers do lose their intel, can they take it back in order to still have a chance at winning? Those were just my immediate questions when I saw that.

I'm assuming the 3rd part is once again just a straight tourney no strings attached? I'm not sure if that ever changes in canon, but it still seems worth asking.

So since no one knows who the other is, does that mean there could be criminals disguised as officers and officers disguised as criminals? I'm assuming based on what you said the officers each start out with certain "intel" as you called it that the criminals are trying to take. Does the intel actually give them anything or is it just a thing for the criminals to steal? If officers do lose their intel, can they take it back in order to still have a chance at winning? Those were just my immediate questions when I saw that.

I'm assuming the 3rd part is once again just a straight tourney no strings attached? I'm not sure if that ever changes in canon, but it still seems worth asking.

None have disguises, they wear standard clothes. So it’s impossible to tell just on looks alone. Officers have no negatives for losing their intel, its only needed for the criminals. Officers just need the criminal in custody.

No strings attached, correct. Give or take a prelims in between.

Nukas

Previously Kid_Nukas
Criminal needs to keep their intel they steal from a Operative on hand and avoid being defeated by operatives. If they lose their intel, they cannot win.
None have disguises, they wear standard clothes. So it’s impossible to tell just on looks alone. Officers have no negatives for losing their intel, its only needed for the criminals. Officers just need the criminal in custody.

No strings attached, correct. Give or take a prelims in between.
You see, when you said if they lose their intel, I assumed you were talking about the officers since that's who would originally have the intel if I'm understanding the exam correctly. I realize that none wear disguises, what I meant is not so much "disguised" as criminal/officer, but more like pretending to be a criminal or officer in order to get closer to people who are on the opposite team.

You see, when you said if they lose their intel, I assumed you were talking about the officers since that's who would originally have the intel if I'm understanding the exam correctly. I realize that none wear disguises, what I meant is not so much "disguised" as criminal/officer, but more like pretending to be a criminal or officer in order to get closer to people who are on the opposite team.

you could pretend who you want to be, more power to you lol

But basically The Officers need the criminal to win, the criminal needs to get away with the goods to win. Without the criminal or the goods, their respective ones fail.

Nukas

Previously Kid_Nukas
@Nukas

She's simply betting that they'll have to go outside at some point and once they do the rain will begin to activate the chemical trail.
Alright then. In all fairness, they are going into the rain at some point, but it just seemed like a waste of a rare resource for a gamble, especially when she didn't know why they would go into the rain and if she would need to track anybody.

Alright then. In all fairness, they are going into the rain at some point, but it just seemed like a waste of a rare resource for a gamble, especially when she didn't know why they would go into the rain and if she would need to track anybody.

Tsuki and Kai could have informed her of what the last exam was like so she could prepare for a similar contingency, but that would need to be referenced

Nukas

Previously Kid_Nukas
you could pretend who you want to be, more power to you lol

But basically The Officers need the criminal to win, the criminal needs to get away with the goods to win. Without the criminal or the goods, their respective ones fail.
I don't think I will, I'm just trying to think about what might happen and how people might try to pass.

She's tracking them because she knows she needs to track them. She's not here for the Chunin exams, they are just a stage for her to complete her mission and gather information and intel. They do have to go into the rain at some point. If not during this exam then between exams. If not between exams then after exams. She could actually start gathering her intel within the first exam, she just doesn't want to use genjutsu on the other participants because she's wary of the proctors who might try to stop her.

It's a rare resource, but Hyō is one of the people that can produce it, and she actively uses it to enhance her genjutsu prowess.

Nukas

Previously Kid_Nukas
She's tracking them because she knows she needs to track them. She's not here for the Chunin exams, they are just a stage for her to complete her mission and gather information and intel. They do have to go into the rain at some point. If not during this exam then between exams. If not between exams then after exams. She could actually start gathering her intel within the first exam, she just doesn't want to use genjutsu on the other participants because she's wary of the proctors who might try to stop her.

It's a rare resource, but Hyō is one of the people that can produce it, and she actively uses it to enhance her genjutsu prowess.
I guess I must have missed what her mission is then. I didn't realize she had something she was actually there for besides the chunin exams, sorry for the confusion.

I haven't mentioned it yet but she does know the list of participants for the last Chūnin exams, so she's trying to find Konoha shinobi that were there last time, since they would be the most informed.

Since Raiku and Taiyo said their names right in front of her, they're at the top of her list of people to hit up, but she still needs to single out Senji, Furījia, Sakura, etc.

Nukas

Previously Kid_Nukas
I haven't mentioned it yet but she does know the list of participants for the last Chūnin exams, so she's trying to find Konoha shinobi that were there last time, since they would be the most informed.

Since Raiku and Taiyo said their names right in front of her, they're at the top of her list of people to hit up, but she still needs to single out Senji, Furījia, Sakura, etc.
Would senji be on that list? I guess if he had participated it would make sense, I just don't know if he participated as an npc at the time or not.

I guess I must have missed what her mission is then. I didn't realize she had something she was actually there for besides the chunin exams, sorry for the confusion.
Hyō is there to gather information on the terrorist attacks, namely Orochimaru's attack last time. She's gathering all the intel they can because the Mist, and by the Mist I mean Mei, is looking into the Akatsuki.

Furījia's primary goal isn't to win either, she'd give up the rank without hesitation to do what she thinks is her duty as a member of the Hyūga Clan. That's something I haven't explained either, only alluded to. I mentioned it in the discord server I believe, but Hina has a clear view on the roles of all the noble Clans in the Leaf, and Furījia has adopted that vision.

Koki'o is here for shits and giggles.