• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Naruto AU RP: discussion

First Exam:

• Written exam

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • ??? New exam

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
Hmm well Idk why he would fight in our plot cuz he’s not leading any genin ever lol. Probably would destroy people in fights if he was sent to a war or something tho lol
That’s what I’m saying. There seems to be little purpose for this guy to have such a big technique. Maybe if you toned it down though.
It's not considered bad it's just 'autoy' and not a lot of people want to deal with working around that.
Jacob flat out said genjustu sucked lol.

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
The bio also stated that he was seen as a prodigy and continued training after he left the Academy for a bit. So skill wise he should be pretty far up at his age imo. High chunin level in skill but not the actual rank or experience.

Yes, he was seen as prodigy, and yes he continued to train by himself... but that's far less efficient than training with other people and teachers with experience over you. He's strong, but he lacks any true form. I mention that he has a lot of power, but he's less than ideal at controlling that power.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Yes, he was seen as prodigy, and yes he continued to train by himself... but that's far less efficient than training with other people and teachers with experience over you. He's strong, but he lacks any true form. I mention that he has a lot of power, but he's less than ideal at controlling that power.
Kiro got a kage level jutsu as an academy ninja by training with himself so

I didn’t even understand how Absurd did it all. The only explanation I can think of is he used his voice to cause projections which can actually fight for some reason (the cards)
I left many a clues in my post. Maybe you missed something~
I mean Hama has had a grandiose display with her plates against a double biju tbf lel
All of six seconds a high jounin focused her power in one area to protect herself. Not exactly grandiose, especially since she ultimately failed her mission and didn’t do any offensive damage.

No reason to make a jonin weak tho
I’m not. I’m saying maybe try to avoid flat out nukes with radiation and everything along with it lol. I’m for a rework of it though.
Because his genjutsu has never worked xD

Kai broke out of like 3 of them within 5 seconds. Ofc he thinks it sucks.
I think Kai only broke out of one. And he took himself out of the fight with it. And the second one he was in wasn’t broken out of, especially since it didn’t hinder his senses.

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
Personally Id either tone down his age or make him not a prodigy at all. Besides if he got suspended for 2 years he should still only be 15

No, he was suspended for two years and then had to go back to the academy to finish formal training. It's like if you were gone from school for two years, you'd still have to finish all the way through high school, you'd just be two years older.

I can revoke the prodigy status though if that would scale more appropriately to everyone else.

All of six seconds a high jounin focused her power in one area to protect herself. Not exactly grandiose, especially since she ultimately failed her mission and didn’t do any offensive damage.
To be fair, you had Shukaku's casual tail whip damage the barrier around the Mist set up by several Jonin, because you thought no damage was making Biju look bad.

Hama's feat is wildly impressive.

I’m sure you did but I don’t think it would be that worth it to go through a fight from over a year ago which I couldn’t pay attention to cuz I was already fighting someone myself lol plus Absurd’s usage of genjutsu won’t work for everyone

that’s exactly why I say diverse usage of techniques are paramount to success. You could be a one trick pony, but know how to do that trick the best and the most creatively and still take the day.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
No, he was suspended for two years and then had to go back to the academy to finish formal training. It's like if you were gone from school for two years, you'd still have to finish all the way through high school, you'd just be two years older.

I can revoke the prodigy status though if that would scale more appropriately to everyone else.
He should be suspended for 4 years then cuz people graduate at like 13 lol. well technically naruto graduated at 13 even tho he failed the exams like 3 times so maybe like 10 but if ur actually a prodigy u can be chunin level by 6

I think Kai only broke out of one. And he took himself out of the fight with it. And the second one he was in wasn’t broken out of, especially since it didn’t hinder his senses.
No, I remember more than one.

He pure willpower out of one with a flash-back and then the bitch slap, but before that I remember him snapping himself out of another with a drug or something.

I’m not soloing a whole country shen lmao
it’s about possibilities of usage. As said, we may need to workshop it a bit before it’s accepted.
To be fair, you had Shukaku's casual tail whip damage the barrier around the Mist set up by several Jonin, because you thought no damage was making Biju look bad.

Hama's feat is wildly impressive.

1. Nameless jounin weaker than Hama.
2. didn’t destroy the barrier and it didn’t use all their power to even make it.

Nukas

Previously Kid_Nukas

I think Neb's main problem with the prodigy thing was that it seems weird a prodigy would be that old. Also I think most people in the naruto universe graduate at 13? So 15 would be the time to graduate which is what I think he was trying to say. Of course by the time I've posted this he probably would have already told you what he meant so there was really no reason for me to write this now that I think about it.

maybe but i don’t see the point when it’s not gonna actually affect our main cast. If i’m gonna make a pakura level ninja does that really need hours of working through jutsu?
I’m talking in general. From lowly academy levels to kage, this applies to them all. Tricky techniques aren’t for everyone, sure, but don’t devalue them either.

it’s about possibilities of usage. As said, we may need to workshop it a bit before it’s accepted.

1. Nameless jounin weaker than Hama.
2. didn’t destroy the barrier and it didn’t use all their power to even make it.
A Jonin is a Jonin Shen xD

The rank has associated power.

I'll be frank it just makes the Mist look like garbage. Hina alone would've done better than all those Jonin put together with a single rotation.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
I think Neb's main problem with the prodigy thing was that it seems weird a prodigy would be that old. Also I think most people in the naruto universe graduate at 13? So 15 would be the time to graduate which is what I think he was trying to say. Of course by the time I've posted this he probably would have already told you what he meant so there was really no reason for me to write this now that I think about it.
Indeed lol. My explanation would be Kakashi and Itachi were in the war so they graduated early + naruto tried to do the exams before he’s supposed to so normal ninja do graduate at 13 + to explain how half of our cast was 14 well most sensei wouldn’t put their genin in the exams when they’re fresh from the academy and put them in at a more sensible age like 14 like how guy-sensei did

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
I’m talking in general. From lowly academy levels to kage, this applies to them all. Tricky techniques aren’t for everyone, sure, but don’t devalue them either.
What does tricky jutsu have to do with making a jonin oc lol? Listen he’s jonin level so he’s not gonna be like stronger than pakura/damui or something so I don’t see the need to make it as if I’m going to take over the rp using a parent character lmao

What does tricky jutsu have to do with making a jonin oc lol? Listen he’s jonin level so he’s not gonna be like stronger than pakura/damui or something so I don’t see the need to make it as if I’m going to take over the rp using a parent character lmao
You also referred to the fire flame wall and genjustu overall. We covered many topics. Tell you what though. We’ll do it case by case. If it’s used and is deemed OP, we’ll cross it when we get there. Not ruling yet, but it’s yours, scaling pending.
I’m more interested in how Tayuya (than absurd) has used her genjutsu in rp besides getting bitchslapped for plot purposes
She took out Kai and forced him to run away after he had to use his blood freezing justu to free himself.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
She took out Kai and forced him to run away after he had to use his blood freezing justu to free himself.
Wasn’t that using her doki tho?
You also referred to the fire flame wall and genjustu overall. We covered many topics. Tell you what though. We’ll do it case by case. If it’s used and is deemed OP, we’ll cross it when we get there. Not ruling yet, but it’s yours, scaling pending.
Thx for compromising shen that seems fair and what I was hoping you would agree with

Doubt it. It’s just a barrier. Nothing special. And they are jounin. Hina, kakashi, and Hana are jounin+
My stance is really: a Jonin is a Jonin is a Jonin.

6 Jonin, nameless Jonin, creating a barrier can block a Biju bomb from a perfect jinchuriki.

https://naruto.fandom.com/wiki/Self-Repairing_Barrier (Self-Repairing Barrier)

Numbers do stack up when you give them the clout associated with their rank. That's why it isn't realistic for any single person to solo a village haphazardly unless the village basically cripples itself.
The other one took Kai out...so...not really. It just isn’t guaranteed to work 100% of the time, especially if you don’t plan on following up the justu
Not saying you're wrong, just that Jacob tried genjutsu and it didn't really do anything for him, so naturally, he doesn't look kindly upon it.