• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Naruto AU RP: discussion

First Exam:

• Written exam

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • ??? New exam

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have a creative plan with the rat in mind...
Sagisō: *holds all your Ocs and Kunai-point* ...you'd better...
Honestly I think Oto is overplaying its hand as well given the situation. But that is just my view of things. We'll see where it goes next.
It's kinda cause Henshinas isn't really doing anything in terms of sheer offense. Once the Cloak goes up then honestly, Zaku, Kou and Ukon & Sakon don't factor into the fight anymore. They simply don't have the sheer physical ability to match that of a cloaked Jinchuriki. Kidomaru doesn't have the ability to either, but I think he'd be able to react to her at a bare minimum.

And for reference, I'm talking about the type of speed Naruto used to blitz Orochimaru.

It's kinda cause Henshinas isn't really doing anything in terms of sheer offense. Once the Cloak goes up then honestly, Zaku, Kou and Ukon & Sakon don't factor into the fight anymore. They simply don't have the sheer physical ability to match that of a cloaked Jinchuriki. Kidomaru doesn't have the ability to either, but I think he'd be able to react to her at a bare minimum.

And for reference, I'm talking about the type of speed Naruto used to blitz Orochimaru.

Why was my concern over having a Perfect or Experienced Jinchuriki be a target so early in the RP. But we escalated everything else and hey an arc always feels more rewarding when our OCs are just tag along while the Jonin do all the actual work.

Kou: T-That’s my brother!

Kenji: Well um, I won't kill him or anything but um....yeah, we'll see what happens when the post comes.

Why was my concern over having a Perfect or Experienced Jinchuriki be a target so early in the RP. But we escalated everything else and hey an arc always feels more rewarding when our OCs are just tag along while the Jonin do all the actual work.
*shrugs*

I'd brought up just doing normal missions.

The main issue we have is that we needed a reason to have our OCs all in the same place. It wasn't a matter of escalation, but instead without an arc with influence spanning multiple nations, people get left with nothing to do.

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist

Hence working as teams to take these things down. Bear in mind that gamabunta/naruto defeating a full on tailed beast together.

I figured that exhaustion would get to the jinchurki after several teams would attack it, one of them eventually bringing it down. And our OC’s aren’t tag along, not by a long shot.

Look at Sakura, she fought an Akatsuki member with Chiyo, yet she wasn’t considered tag-along

Well Hydra had the right idea, but for Kenji much more satisfying to toss it at Zaku's face to be honest XD

Got my toss up, I need somebody to give me a reason not to have Azumi kill Reaver cause right now in character she has negative reason to spare him.
Frenzied rats scratch a lot, good idea! I have no reasons that might stop Azumi from killing Reaver that would make sense character-wise though

Well Hydra had the right idea, but for Kenji much more satisfying to toss it at Zaku's face to be honest XD

Got my toss up, I need somebody to give me a reason not to have Azumi kill Reaver cause right now in character she has negative reason to spare him.
i'd say make it because of her loyalty to Ame. She doesn't wish to spill the blood of a fellow Ame ninja or something. That being said, she could expel him from the team, or just straight up tell him that she's done with him and leave.

*shrugs*

Frenzied rats scratch a lot, good idea! I have no reasons that might stop Azumi from killing Reaver that would make sense character-wise though

Well this got interesting fast XD It’s going to be a fun next post, I can already tell

I actually 80% feel that Henshinas should escape and make this mission a failure, or something we can jump back to later.

But for that to actually work, we need something else that can bind our Ocs together.

Hmmm could be something

So I haven't exactly thought of a good way to have all of our characters in one place at one time, but having some of them in one place is fairly easy.

We can have concurrent arcs running. Maybe a Konoha mission where some Suna Shinobi tag along because of the alliance, and maybe something like an off-grid slave trading island (Think the Island from the Ketsuryūgan arc) shows up, and both Kumo and the Mist send teams to investigate.

I'm sure we can create scenario's where its possible for one or two shinobi villages dispatch teams, or they could be on completely unrelated missions and just happen to meet up.

This just makes it worse for the people here who can’t compete tbh. Instead of working together, it’s like we’re trying to undermine each other instead. Those that don’t have the proper mindset will be left behind.

I wouldn’t quite say that. Everyone has been on equal field as far as tactics is concerned. Even Sagiso failed the last exam before any three of us on the final quarter

No it doesn't. Azumi doesn't think it counts, I don't think it counts and as an accomplishment it is objectively hollow.

Is tieing with reaver, who required four-five ninja to take down also hollow?

I wouldn’t quite say that. Everyone has been on equal field as far as tactics is concerned. Even Sagiso failed the last exam before any three of us on the final quarter

Not everyone is on the same plain tactics wise Shen. Even you gotta admit that much. And Sagiso "failed" against arguable the strongest OC and one of the better tacticians in Zander.

Is tieing with reaver, who required four-five ninja to take down also hollow?

No but this wasn't about that match. It was about the exams. Though what Reaver has done since that battle has cheapened it considerably.

Not everyone is on the same plain tactics wise Shen. Even you gotta admit that much. And Sagiso "failed" against arguable the strongest OC and one of the better tacticians in Zander.
Whom received the most damage against absurd.

Also, it wasn’t so long ago you claimed Kiro was OP as well :T

No but this wasn't about that match. It was about the exams. Though what Reaver has done since that battle has cheapened it considerably.
Oh please, you have him in a death lock

Whom received the most damage against absurd.

Also, it wasn’t so long ago you claimed Kiro was OP as well :T

I mean the rest of them fought cards and Katsuo was fighting him directly + cards. Plus he did some suicidal moves in that fight XD

I still think Kiro as a character is in the OP range but I agree with Retro's concerns and sympathize with his point. And agree with it.

Oh please, you have him in a death lock
Which given all the shit he has done to Azumi, I don't think is asking for much by this point. Plus it feels only like a pity point given I had just grown pissed IRL at him and tired of this.

For me, these strategic/spontaneous battles are fun, but when it comes down to important character moments where they can’t afford to lose, it’s best to avoid certain people or just fight another character you control. Plus, it just gets de-motivating when you keep on losing and know that it’s extremely difficult to beat these certain people.

For me, these strategic/spontaneous battles are fun, but when it comes down to important character moments where they can’t afford to lose, it’s best to avoid certain people or just fight another character you control. Plus, it just gets de-motivating when you keep on losing and know that it’s extremely difficult to beat these certain people.

Describes my feelings for more than half the RP honestly. I agree totally, but I can understand people like Shen and kyuu who prefer this style and don't want to be that guy who has to dumb them down to my level to compete. But yeah I feel like half my cast is useless as of now. And the ones who get "moments" feel undercut by circumstance.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Describes my feelings for more than half the RP honestly. I agree totally, but I can understand people like Shen and kyuu who prefer this style and don't want to be that guy who has to dumb them down to my level to compete. But yeah I feel like half my cast is useless as of now. And the ones who get "moments" feel undercut by circumstance.
I can relate to this especially with Taiyo before this arc and Tsuki and Seiun now.

Yeah, I feel this type of style suits those who are superior at these tactics. If you’re looking for character moments, it would be better to play things really safe or you’ll have a character be completely undermined. It’s unfortunate but I feel Kenji is a prime example of this.

Like imagine Kiro being destroyed time and time again. The same will eventually happen to him. The worst part is that it wouldn’t even be his fault, it would be me as the rper who wasn’t able to beat another rper.