• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Naruto AU RP: discussion

First Exam:

• Written exam

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • ??? New exam

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just angry Shen seems to go out of his way to handicap this plot, make Azumi look like garbage and just sap the fun for me at every turn just to feed his desire for Reaver shenanigans. That will not change, but again Azumi is not me so she won't act how I would here.
Why don’t you and Shen discuss how things should be handled with this plot thread going forward. If it keeps going like this, it’s all gonna blow up.

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
Just angry Shen seems to go out of his way to handicap this plot, make Azumi look like garbage and just sap the fun for me at every turn just to feed his desire for Reaver shenanigans. That will not change, but again Azumi is not me so she won't act how I would here.
Actually, things were going well until you told the honorbound Warrior hyped on ninja drugs that he had no honor

Again, every team has bumps. Sasuke trying to rebel from team seven and kill naruto several times and end up becoming an Akatsuki member is what I call mucked up

The team disbanded by that point and Sasuke was a rogue. It was a bit more than just a "bump in the road." But yeah we should end the talk here and go PM so as to not flood the Discussion with this petty/silly argument.

I intend to have Azumi act in character regardless of my feelings. Me being angry IRL has nothing to do with how I will have Azumi act in this situation. She'll compose herself and act how I believe she would act here.

Hmmm, in the same way that you won't let your own emotions influence your characters actions, I believe the same is true for Shen. His characters are designed to be lone wolf types -with Reaver being the Pinnacle of said arch-type. They bring characteristics up to an 11, and these characteristics are the only ways to befriend them as well.

For Kai it's his Xenophobia, with Reaver it's his twisted sense of honor.

However, do note than none of Shen's other characters act like this. It's not really a Shen trying to undermine you thing, its simply a matter of the character having been made difficult from the start. If you're not prepared to play their character tropes to befriend them, then simply not bothering is the best choice.

My main point in this is that I don't really want to see this viewed as an RPer vs RPer situation, because that could only go worst from here on out.

My main point in this is that I don't really want to see this viewed as an RPer vs RPer situation, because that could only go worst from here on out.
Yes I 100% agree, that would only hurt this RP.

Hmmm, in the same way that you won't let your own emotions influence your characters actions, I believe the same is true for Shen. His characters are designed to be lone wolf types -with Reaver being the Pinnacle of said arch-type. They bring characteristics up to an 11, and these characteristics are the only ways to befriend them as well.

For Kai it's his Xenophobia, with Reaver it's his twisted sense of honor.

However, do note than none of Shen's other characters act like this. It's not really a Shen trying to undermine you thing, its simply a matter of the character having been made difficult from the start. If you're not prepared to play their character tropes to befriend them, then simply not bothering is the best choice.

Yeah a good way of putting it.

Characters like Kai, Reaver, and to some extent Absurd have a core traits that can be difficult to work with if you work against it, but could go smoothly if you work alongside it.

Reaver isn't a team player, Kai isn't a team player (unless you're wearing a Mist headband), they're self-centered characters who care more about their own goals than the benefits of any team they may be in. The only exception to this is when that team is the vehicle by which they achieve their own gaols, and even that will only last as far as they can see the team being useful. That is to say, if another possibly more effective vehicle were to show up, they'd abandon their 'team' without a second thought.

Characters like Kai, Reaver, and to some extent Absurd have a core traits that be difficult to work with if you work against it, but could go smoothly if you work alongside it.

Azumi has literally tried this, but it wasn't "good" enough for you. I tried multiple tactics and nothing worked and in fact some of her attempts to get along Reaver's thinking made it worse.

Reaver isn't a team player, Kai isn't a team player (unless you're wearing a Mist headband), they're self-centered characters who care more about their own goals than the benefits of any team they may be in. The only exception to this is when that team is the vehicle by which they achieve their own gaols, and even that will only last as far as they can see the team being useful. That is to say, if another possibly more effective vehicle were to show up, they'd abandon their 'team' without a second thought.

Well that isn’t fully true. Reaver will continue as long as it’s profitable unless he has made an oath to you, which binds him by honor to go along with his word, which he did with Azumi. Reaver doesn’t betray either unless you have wronged him.

Azumi has literally tried this, but it wasn't "good" enough for you. I tried multiple tactics and nothing worked and in fact some of her attempts to get along Reaver's thinking made it worse.

What tactics specifically?

What tactics specifically?

Appealing to his personal goals and interests. (He if you work with me on this team idea, you will get plenty of opportunity to get various trophies to add to your collection.)

Appeal to his honored nature (Point out how his pride has caused him to riffle his oath to the team and become "dishonorable.")

Try to encourage some healthy competition (That comment about Baiyan).

And none of them did anything. None of them got a reaction that stood longer than a post before he went out of his way to hinder the team. Sometimes immediately after.

The thing with Azumi is that she isn't suited for playing second fiddle, it's simply not in her nature. Azumi's attempts to play alongside Reaver are indeed not good enough, if she wants to be good enough she'll need to change her whole character.

It's a well and defined saying, A mountain cannot have two Tigers. Reaver and Azumi will never get along unless one of them is forced to swallow their pride and ideals. The same is true for Kai and Sagiso, and the only thing keeping their relationship a step short of mortal enemies is Sagiso's playfulness. Remove that from the equation and they'd be at each other's throats.

In fact, even with that in the equation I'm 1000% sure that if one of them was dying of dehydration, and the other saw them on the road, they'd take a cup of water and pour it into the ground just out of reach -oh, did I say water? I probably meant gasoline. Cause they'd probably throw a match on in and watch gleefully while the other burns.

Well that isn’t fully true. Reaver will continue as long as it’s profitable unless he has made an oath to you, which binds him by honor to go along with his word, which he did with Azumi. Reaver doesn’t betray either unless you have wronged him.
Well I was actually speaking more specifically to Kai when I said that xD

However, the thing with Reaver's oaths is that they're kinda just that. A mutual agreement to work together to achieve a goal.

All for the cheap price of $19.99!

*** Disclaimer: Please note that harmony and mutual benefit are products each sold seperately and will not be included in this package.

And that kinda sums it up.

Appealing to his personal goals and interests. (He if you work with me on this team idea, you will get plenty of opportunity to get various trophies to add to your collection.)

Appeal to his honored nature (Point out how his pride has caused him to riffle his oath to the team and become "dishonorable.")

Try to encourage some healthy competition (That comment about Baiyan).

And none of them did anything. None of them got a reaction that stood longer than a post before he went out of his way to hinder the team. Sometimes immediately after.

• This worked, it got him into the team to begin with

•Also worked, it diffused his bloodlust

•that backfired dramatically. Competition to him means someone to eliminate.

• This worked, it got him into the team to begin with

•Also worked, it diffused his bloodlust

•that backfired dramatically. Competition to him means someone to eliminate.

• First chance he got he went to try and murder Baiyan and it ended up nuking them both and giving us the first major plot handicap.
  • Immediately went against that notion and continued to express bloodlust for Baiyan.
  • Agreed. But my other tactics failed despite your claims so I had to try something else. Anything else.

First chance he got he went to try and murder Baiyan and it ended up nuking them both and giving us the first major plot handicap.
But managed to get him from actively plotting to murder Azumi in front of the Kage himself to working with her

Immediately went against that notion and continued to express bloodlust for Baiyan.
Because you shifted tactics halfway though

"Work with her" we have yet to see which is the problem here. The only cooperation was off screen when they walked to Taki. That is literally it.

The fact that he accepted it all after trying to kill her in a brutal death match he had plotted to Decapatate her in for years speaks volumes.

No she shifted only after he continued to show those traits. She wouldn't have kept it up if she felt she got Reaver reigned up by that point or at least semi-passable.
But he didn’t, he began to show remorse and even offered to kill himself for his honor, can’t get any more effective than that XD

“Tch, that girl?” Reaver sounded disgusted. “I still can’t beleive we went all this way for the runt. We should just sell her on the black market and get a good cash grab. I’m sure human traffickers would pay a pretty penny for her.”

Harsh? Yes. But that is what Reaver thought. So what she survived an attack of his? Her attitude and her disappointment was enough already to mark her for death in his eyes. If she were sold that way they at least would get profit.
This was taken as a pretty clear an cut failure of her tactics.
"Considering the fact she fought you to a stand still and forced you to resort to a suicide move that should have killed you I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss her." Azumi retorted to Reaver as she dismissed his comments about selling her to the black market. It appeared that Reaver had something against Baiyan and she knew the feeling was mutual. This internal squabbles could be the catalyst that could tear the team apart....but perhaps, that dynamic between the two could be the one tying force needed to salvage this.

"Seems to me that you want to cast her out because she frightens you. Are you perhaps concerned that her performance on the team will outshine yours?" Azumi asked, seemingly casually towards her fellow Ame-nin. While Baiyan & Reaver being at each others throats was always a risky prospect to imagine, if Azumi could shift that into competitive drive to out do the other then it could lead to them at least being productive with the missions and give each a common goal to push them along a more desired path.

This was taken as provocation, plain and simple.

This was taken as a pretty clear an cut failure of her tactics.
He’s marked many for death. A good way to stop a target lock is to remove the recital. Mori did that effectively. As well as Azumi.

This was taken as provocation, plain and simple.
Yes...that’s where the backfire happened. A drug hyped warrior with a inferiority complex and his scenario wasn’t going to go well

“Like that would ever happen. Anyways, multi-shadow clone jutsu.” Planning his next actions simultaneously with his earlier thoughts, the Uchiha figured this was his best chance to set something into motion. But first, he had to survive this. Two of the ninja transformed themselves into kunai by the time the final one grabbed them. Since he had chosen how to distribute his chakra, this clone was basically capable of only one thing. With it’s final moments upon him, ‘Kiro’ threw the two kunai to a nearby building before being sucked up and brutally murdered by the tornado.

You'd think that you would've learned about leaving your characters in precarious positions when facing me~

Would you like Kiro Roasted, Braised or Boiled?

I'll see about sending that Firenado after you, tornados are very mobile disasters after all. I'm not so kind as to let you dodge and be done with it.
He’s marked many for death. A good way to stop a target lock is to remove the recital. Mori did that effectively. As well as Azumi.

Yes...that’s where the backfire happened. A drug hyped warrior with a inferiority complex and his scenario wasn’t going to go well
Wasn't arguing any, just saying that the line probably made jacob decide Okay, this isn't working, time to try something else.

Also,
Baiyan: *Flips Reaver the bird*
"...my apologies, little Iris couldn't tell what you were and had pinned you as a 'creature', but more importantly, is the one who brought us here your wife?"

She's amended the 'insult' as far as she sees it. Aggression against her will be taken as just that -Aggression, and she'll respond in kind.

She's amended the 'insult' as far as she sees it. Aggression against her will be taken as just that -Aggression, and she'll respond in kinda.
Reaver is also a bundle of anger as well...amending an insult and practically trying to seduce him most likely bewildered him XD

Baiyan: *Flips Reaver the bird*
Reaver: Hold that up again and you’ll lose that finger!

Which I worry Shen only views my concerns or frustrations as ill-informed and wrong rather than something to consider. But I need to go so I won't dwell on that fear.

I always listen with an open mind towards concerns, especially if I could be in the wrong, make no mistake about that. I don’t shove concerns to the side.

Reaver is also a bundle of anger as well...amending an insult and practically trying to seduce him most likely bewildered him XD

Reaver: Hold that up again and you’ll lose that finger!
Baiyan: *Flips Reaver the bird again* Ah, do you need me to lower my hand so you can reach it? You seem...much smaller without that armor.

Lmao, yea Reaver is a bundle of problems, be she won't aggress him as long as he doesn't aggress her. I'm actually eager to see how this Azumi-Reaver thing works out, but I don't see the Team being any where near functional quite yet. It'd probably take individual character development on all their parts to have any semblance of harmony.

Or...like Reaver needs to be a little less...how do I put this...volatile? Drugs + inferiority complex + psychopathy = A hot mess of a temper.

So we'd need to do something about that...

It'd need to conform to Azumi's style though. So I say, what are the ways to acheive a more harmoneous Reaver? Does our first mission need to be dealing with the boy's internal issues as a group?

Baiyan: *Flips Reaver the bird again* Ah, do you need me to lower my hand so you can reach it? You seem...much smaller without that armor.
Cuphead announcer: Good day for a swell battle!

Lmao, yea Reaver is a bundle of problems, be she won't aggress him as long as he doesn't aggress her. I'm actually eager to see how this Azumi-Reaver thing works out, but I don't see the Team being any where near functional quite yet. It'd probably take individual character development on all their parts to have any semblance of harmony.

Or...like Reaver needs to be a little less...how do I put this...volatile? Drugs + inferiority complex + psychopathy = A hot mess of a temper.

So we'd need to do something about that...

It'd need to conform to Azumi's style though. So I say, what are the ways to acheive a more harmoneous Reaver? Does our first mission need to be dealing with the boy's internal issues as a group?
Hmm not a bad idea. Having reaver adjusted to not only his role in the team, but the acceptance of others like his previous worst nemesis (Azumi) and a girl whom which he distains (Baiyan) would need to flesh out some.

The drug issue can be resolved once they get back to the rain, and Reaver has a fresh supply of ninjas drugs

I come equipped with Nadeshiko-proven team building activities which I plan to force on Tayuya and Azumi...but Reaver obviously can't join that cause he's a guy.

My girls have very high levels of harmony though, so I've got a few tricks up my sleeve.

Naturally I’m curious...

Though ironically it is Reaver that needs the most adjusting to that, and he’s the only one that can’t participate.

Naturally I’m curious...

Though ironically it is Reaver that needs the most adjusting to that, and he’s the only one that can’t participate.
Nudity and Skinship!

1) Cause I really like seeing godjacob's characters uncomfortable

2) Cooperation ninjutsu. I've got a thing or two in mind about harmonizing chakra and the like. Will try a bunch of things.

You'd think that you would've learned about leaving your characters in precarious positions when facing me~

Would you like Kiro Roasted, Braised or Boiled?

I'll see about sending that Firenado after you, tornados are very mobile disasters after all. I'm not so kind as to let you dodge and be done with it.
Oh, I threw strategy out the window to make the scene more entertaining. Well the visual I have of the scene looks pretty fun. It will actually look even better when Sagisō has the Firenado go through the Hyūga grounds. You can take full advantage of this if you want... I can’t really complain if you do.

Oh, I threw strategy out the window to make the scene more entertaining. Well the visual I have of the scene looks pretty fun. It will actually look even better when Sagisō has the Firenado go through the Hyūga grounds. You can take full advantage of this if you want... I can’t really complain if you do.
If you wanna throw strategy out the window I'm all for it, I've been pining for a good brawl anyway.

*spits out water*
Okay didn’t expect that XD

Since that was tayuya’s whole occupation, I think she’d excel there for sure
Hmm, cooperation ninjutsu more on the aims of melding their Chakra together. So that each becomes intimately families with the other.

Like getting them to sit in a circle and transfer charka to each other. We'd probably just make it a loop and have them cycle their chakra through the other's body.

1) it'd make them very sensitive to changes in the others Chakra, like for example if it were disturbed through genjutsu or if someone were trying to mimic them

2) it'd build an amazing level of trust and cohesion. Allowing someone to run their Chakra through your body is basically putting your life in their hands.

After that we can think about actual cooperation ninjutsu in the literal sense.

Edit:

Think of it like ninja trust exercises except dialed up to 20. I'm going to be going through some more common trust exercises and then Refitting them for Nadeshiko. My Nadeshiko characters will then pass on said trust exercises.

Skinship is a pretty basic one.

Of course, I'm thinking through a way to turn bathing into a training exercise as well...I just need to Iron out a few details.

What I've got so far is essentially boiling water, though instead of using heat to boil the water you use the chakra of everyone in the bath. By pouring all their chakra into the bath water at equal ratios it should producing a boiling 'effect' and as all the chakras mingle they should gain a familiarity for each other.

It's more on a micro level though, e.g. How fast does this person usually output chakra, how fine tuned is their control, etc.

Last edited:
Hmm, cooperation ninjutsu more on the aims of melding their Chakra together. So that each becomes intimately families with the other.

Like getting them to sit in a circle and transfer charka to each other. We'd probably just make it a loop and have them cycle their chakra through the other's body.

1) it'd make them very sensitive to changes in the others Chakra, like for example if it were disturbed through genjutsu or if someone were trying to mimic them

2) it'd build an amazing level of trust and cohesion. Allowing someone to run their Chakra through your body is basically putting your life in their hands.

After that we can think about actual cooperation ninjutsu in the literal sense.
When you first brought this idea up my mind went to the mana transfer Shirou, Rin, and Saber did in the original Fate lmao