• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Naruto AU RP: discussion

First Exam:

• Written exam

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • ??? New exam

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I've got more detail, but I've yet to put that to paper. I believe Yasu will be more of a lone ranger-type, though perhaps he'll form his merry little brigand of deserters, pun intended.

Funny you say that, cause actually I was gonna have Pakura inform Madoka they would be meeting with Yasu who was sent off ahead to scout. Well, gotta scramble for a new plan...

"Gotta say, you seem like a chicken without a head walking around so aimlessly."
Madoka's search for Yasu had been interrupted by a new voice, as she glanced up and saw Pakura on the roof of a nearby building. Which had very much been to the surprise of the younger puppet user.

"L-lady Pakura? What brings you here?" Madoka asked, as Pakura hopped down in front of the slightly surprised Madoka and offered a small grin.

"Simple. Lord Tsuchikage has an urgent request for us. Seems that there is a....special, runaway on the loose. A foreign one, and one that could possibly be of benefit to us, though I cannot discuss the details here. I only ask you follow me, you'll be brought up to speed in a hurry." Pakura said, as Madoka figured while vague she presumed this was of importance and followed Pakura to a more desecrate location from the civilians.

Onoki's office.​
Unless I am mistaken, I am pretty sure that Pakura and Madoka are in Suna and would obey the Kazekage. Why would they go to the office of Onoki when they obey Rasa?

:D
I may or may not have done that just to mess with you.
>:D<.>:angel:

But no, really, you know me. I always make my characters aim for the top. That doesnt mean I make them max power from birth or try to make a plan to specifically take down every oc in the rp. I just make a loadout that I see as fun and powerful yet reasonable with explanation.

Take Katsuo for example. Most of his skill leads back to his families superb capabilities in the art chakra control/flow. And if you had a history like Katsuo's parents, wouldnt you want your kid to be powerful? Ready for anything? Ichiko did. The boys been training since he could walk.
A combination of intense training and chakra control lead to an extreme taijutsu on par with Rock Lee's in the exams (at full power, of course). But if you havent noticed, none of his ninjutsu are that big or flashy. Basically a variation of the same projectile for different uses.

Edit: Maybe Kraken's Tendrils or Blood Control. But one eats through his chakra like a short bomb fuse and the other......he's kinda gotta be spurting blood to use it.

:D
I may or may not have done that just to mess with you.
>:D<.>:angel:

But no, really, you know me. I always make my characters aim for the top. That doesnt mean I make them max power from birth or try to make a plan to specifically take down every oc in the rp. I just make a loadout that I see as fun and powerful yet reasonable with explanation.

Take Katsuo for example. Most of his skill leads back to his families superb capabilities in the art chakra control/flow. And if you had a history like Katsuo's parents, wouldnt you want your kid to be powerful? Ready for anything? Ichiko did. The boys been training since he could walk.
A combination of intense training and chakra control lead to an extreme taijutsu on par with Rock Lee's in the exams (at full power, of course). But if you havent noticed, none of his ninjutsu are that big or flashy. Basically a variation of the same projectile for different uses.

I got that impression XD

I mean, that gravity OC you made in CoDA is pretty OP at birth. But I get your overall point.

Not saying it doesn't make sense that Katsuo is strong or anything. It makes sense enough to me, it's just objectively he is one of the absolute strongest OC we have here. So seeing him consider the exams a "failure" when the bulk of my cast have been objective actual failures to this point in the plot just stings me. Reminding me how much I failed them in truth with Azumi the only one to come out of it looking decent. Something I am trying to correct with their time skip boosts. But whether that has practical effect or not remains to be seen. All the training and boosts and talk of improvement means jack if they don't win with it.

Ooooh then your really not gonna like this. My gravity oc didnt even have his powers from birth, there only a couple years old. But yeah...he's pretty busted ill give you that, im working on it. lol

And I know its a tough rp out there my man. I have some respect for you taking up the challenge with no 'advantages' at the start, but you gotta remember, its a challenge you set for yourself. It shouldnt 'sting' you that Katsuo has this perspective on himself, because he's reaching for much greater than a 'normal' ninja. Its a world where people are searching for out of the norm abilities and awesome power that can be used for good or sometimes evil.

Character's with 'advantages' like dojutsu, kekkai genkai, or even jinchurikis are some of the key aspects that make naruto what it is.
Im just saying, at a certain point, being 'normal' simply wont be an option if you wanna make an impact anymore.

Ooooh then your really not gonna like this. My gravity oc didnt even have his powers from birth, there only a couple years old. But yeah...he's pretty busted ill give you that, im working on it. lol

Hope for the best. Kevin, Ryker and Aura right now are kinda lackluster compared to this freshmen and he is terrifying XD. (Also exams started if you want to post there).

And I know its a tough rp out there my man. I have some respect for you taking up the challenge with no 'advantages' at the start, but you gotta remember, its a challenge you set for yourself. It shouldnt 'sting' you that Katsuo has this perspective on himself, because he's reaching for much greater than a 'normal' ninja. Its a world where people are searching for out of the norm abilities and awesome power that can be used for good or sometimes evil.

Technically speaking, characters like Tomiko (Who desire to be Tsuchikage) and Sakura (Who desires to take Tsunade's place as top kunoichi in the world) and Azumi (Who wants to change the world) all have ambition in spades. Ambition and desire to grow has never been the issue for my characters ever. It's always been the execution in relation to their peers. It's not that they are all not top tier, it's the fact they are far away from any average in spite of that. Azumi aside again, and even then her time among the top OCs is thinning out anyway if this recent Reaver/Baiyan fight is any indication.

Character's with 'advantages' like dojutsu, kekkai genkai, or even jinchurikis are some of the key aspects that make naruto what it is.
Im just saying, at a certain point, being 'normal' simply wont be an option if you wanna make an impact anymore.

And it's an aspect I simple do not like. The fact that you need some special gift, or biological advantage to be considered a top tier ninja in the setting frustrates me to no end. But yeah, I'll probably have to cave if I want to realistically match the standards of say a Kiro or a Zaku or Sagiso or Katsuo. Even if it is painful and I'll try to explore every other avenue first.

And it's an aspect I simple do not like. The fact that you need some special gift, or biological advantage to be considered a top tier ninja in the setting frustrates me to no end. But yeah, I'll probably have to cave if I want to realistically match the standards of say a Kiro or a Zaku or Sagiso or Katsuo. Even if it is painful and I'll try to explore every other avenue first.

Im gonna be real with you, speaking from the perspective of someone whose gone through the absolute opposite of you in this rp, I totally agree with you. When I initially joined this, I was kinda hoping the Uchiha and Hyuga clans didnt exist. Thought we were all starting from scratch, hehe.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
I agree with this, I mean, when I have to make a power up for myself just to compete than could be a problem. Then again, I simply isn't have the planning abilities to match the likes of Shen and Kyuu, who are basically the only threats here.

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
Welp I missed a lot. Curse notifications....

Well take this as an apology XD.
AD0331D7-0D19-480A-999B-3123DE868424.jpeg

Haiahu, leader of the Hü clan.

Welp I missed a lot. Curse notifications....

Well take this as an apology XD.
View attachment 666246

Haiahu, leader of the Hü clan.

Impressive stuff man. Makes me think of Cinder from RWBY, for some odd reason. But I love the design :)

I agree with this, I mean, when I have to make a power up for myself just to compete than could be a problem. Then again, I simply isn't have the planning abilities to match the likes of Shen and Kyuu, who are basically the only threats here.

Same here man. Had to give Azumi Shadow Possession and Kenji Man-Beast transformation (While making own personalized edits) while making up Gaia Release for Tomiko to scale them up. And we're still on part one, which is troubling when Shippuden hits and the power ups start coming in mass XD

Impressive stuff man. Makes me think of Cinder from RWBY, for some odd reason. But I love the design :)
Thanks! Makes me feel that my design is actually appreciated lol

Same here man. Had to give Azumi Shadow Possession and Kenji Man-Beast transformation (While making own personalized edits) while making up Gaia Release for Tomiko to scale them up. And we're still on part one, which is troubling when Shippuden hits and the power ups start coming in mass XD
Wellll hopefully we won’t have THAT much of a huge jump

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Thanks! Makes me feel that my design is actually appreciated lol

Wellll hopefully we won’t have THAT much of a huge jump
I'll still have the same power up, but I'll just be showing more of said power up, still iffy on Sage Mode, cause if I do that, than another plan I had in place is meaningless. Unless if everyone is okay with a person with 3 powerful stacked on top of each other.

Accurate, however I haven’t seen much development on that latter one
*squints*

That's because she's en-route to the Mizukage's office. Mei did order that they'd need to report to her before they set out on a mission of such scale. The clans may be powerful but they can't bypass the Mizukage entirely, especially with regards to such important matters. So once team Hama reports to Mei, she'll introduce Hyōryūgetsu.

*squints*

That's because she's en-route to the Mizukage's office. Mei did order that they'd need to report to her before they set out on a mission of such scale. The clans may be powerful but they can't bypass the Mizukage entirely, especially with regards to such important matters. So once team Hama reports to Mei, she'll introduce Hyōryūgetsu.

Hmmm okay I wasn’t aware of this *cracks neck* time to write a post

Hmmm okay I wasn’t aware of this *cracks neck* time to write a post

Mei ~ Present Day

Leaning back into her chair, Mei cast her gaze out the window, a sigh of exhaustion escaping her lips. It’d been a rather hectic period of time and she’d had little time to simply relax and de-stress. Even now the clans sought to move as they pleased without regard for her presence. She knew they wouldn’t be able to resist the temptation of Kumo’s escaped Jinchuriki, but did they really believe the office of Mizukage was a decoration?

She rapped her fingers across the table, summoning an attendant. “A mission involving Jinchuriki and armed engagement of foreign forces requires the approval of the Kage! Send word to the clans, I don’t care who they choose to assign to the mission, but the team should report to my office before departure!”

Bowing as he was dismissed, the attendant left the room, intent on passing along the Mizukage’s message.

Zakus op I don’t wanna fight him. Only way I can see people beating him is having strategy like Kyuu, a move like LCM, or water style.
That came out of nowhere XD.

Well you already bailed from him *shrugs* honestly Zaku I haven’t used too much a strategy on, believe it or not I put more strategy and thought into Kai and he was eliminated earlier than expected lol. He has two hilariously big weaknesses and he keeps getting matched up against people he’s strong against

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
That came out of nowhere XD.

Well you already bailed from him *shrugs* honestly Zaku I haven’t used too much a strategy on, believe it or not I put more strategy and thought into Kai and he was eliminated earlier than expected lol. He has two hilariously big weaknesses and he keeps getting matched up against people he’s strong against
I simulated the situation in my head, zaku would’ve won.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Kai could have kept going, seiun was in a decapitation hold by ice drones. I think that was a loss for seiun XD
Sad, tfw you never win, but since youre mature, you don't fully complain and decide to keep going, even if you'll only with your grave further.
(Wait is this a complaint? I didnt intend it to be if it sounds like it xD)