• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Naruto AU RP: discussion

First Exam:

• Written exam

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • ??? New exam

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Katsuo: Only the uneducated still believe Lightning rivals Water. Lightning courses throughout the highly conductive substance, its power only being amplified along the journey.

Me: Uh.....no he pretty much covered it.
So your essentially agreeing with me, because I was attempting to say that Water conducts electricity but I didn't really elaborate so I understand the confusion.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Also can we all talk about how Earth is countered by Lightning? Like did they just need to complete the cycle and said to hell with science? When you ground lightning you basically kill it.
well when the voltage is strong enough, lightning does damage ground, here are some examples.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3186858/Lightning-powerful-changes-atomic-structure-rocks-Bolts-pack-punch-similar-NUCLEAR-BOMB-meteor-impact.html (Lightning is so powerful it changes the atomic structure of rocks | Daily Mail Online)
so its kinda grounded in science... Ill see myself out now.

Hate to destroy the point to your pun, but Chakra born lightning is different than normal lightning. I dont have a source but quick wiki searches would show that in basically every example, natural lightning is shown to be stronger than chakra generated. Meaning chakra based lightning isnt even as strong as your typical lightning bolt (in most cases, that is), so going through earth is even more unlikely.

But again, if its strong enough, earth can be shattered and penetrated, so I guess your point still stands...kinda.

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
No, kai’s an outlier to that situation. Azumi’s a bigger problem
9A91F659-F838-42D9-A185-59B5875D5BA4.jpeg

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Hate to destroy the point to your pun, but Chakra born lightning is different than normal lightning. I dont have a source but quick wiki searches would show that in basically every example, natural lightning is shown to be stronger than chakra generated. Meaning chakra based lightning isnt even as strong as your typical lightning bolt (in most cases, that is), so going through earth is even more unlikely.

But again, if its strong enough, earth can be shattered and penetrated, so I guess your point still stands...kinda.
Eh its okay, point is, idc why Lightning beats earth, Im just glad I can abuse it, although according to the wiki, "Lightning is strong against earth, because it can easily travel through and break the ground apart,"

Elemental advantage is fickle in Naruto and in this RP anyway (Unless you are Tomiko vs. Kiro of course).

And yeah, I probably am doing too much as far as OCs/AU characters I control. But to make a complete world and advance the plot somebody has to control these people. No one cares about Iwa or Kumo but me prior to kyuu providing some much appreciated aid despite this arc being about Kumo's eight tales.

I needed to control many people for things like Orochimaru's invasion to work at all.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
So seeing as Inner Taiyo seems to be a fan favorite, or at least what I can tell from 4 likes on a post that essentially consisted of nothing but Taiyo and Inner Taiyo conversation, here's an explanation if him.
Inner Taiyo: Essentially, he's a manifestation of Taiyo without inhibitions, whether it be positive or negative thoughts, more often the latter. He also has a part of Taiyo's perverted tendencies that never see the light of day(Will be more evident in the next post of him) so yeah.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Is the furijia v taiyo fight ending? Cuz if it's still going on I'll probably not go there since I'd have no idea what to do.
I can't say, but I think Raiku would be better off if Taiyo met up with him after he introduced Furījia to Sakura and Kakashi. Which would probably go like this
Sakura: What took you so long?
Taiyo:...I don't wanna talk about it
Inner Taiyo: basically he got caught looking up her skirt and we fought and now she's here for some reason.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
I can't say, but I think Raiku would be better off if Taiyo met up with him after he introduced Furījia to Sakura and Kakashi. Which would probably go like this
Sakura: What took you so long?
Taiyo:...I don't wanna talk about it
Inner Taiyo: basically he got caught looking up her skirt and we fought and now she's here for some reason.
all right. @Retro Master btw why did you say kiro would follow raiku?

@Godjacob Your gonna scramble your brains with all this among your other rps my man, take it easy.

Oh, and dont expect much from the Rock-Nin-God Osu. He was legitimately just a failed oc idea that I decided to use as Kido's inside informant (messenger boy) in this rp. His part is small but critical to Katsuo I suppose.

Edit: And really? No one wanted to be a Earth nature ninja? Why? Its so cool though. Puts fire to shame, just like water. ;)
I have one earth natured OC, a very nice lady.
Also can we all talk about how Earth is countered by Lightning? Like did they just need to complete the cycle and said to hell with science? When you ground lightning you basically kill it.

I believe it's based on the eastern elements, so

Fire
Water
Earth
Metal
Wood

Then some parts of the book of changes

Wind
Lightning
Mountain
Lake
Field

Or it might even be the 8 triagrams of elements

Fire-Water
Heaven-Earth
Wind-Thunder
Mountain-River

*shrugs*
It's clearly not the western elements though.
29725807-i-ching-con-ocho-trigramas-los-nombres-correspondientes-y-un-s%C3%ADmbolo-de-yin-yang-en-el-centro-de-la-il.jpg

Last edited:

sSoul

Previously Swirled
The fight can end soon enough, Taiyo's already down one arm and can't weave handseals anymore...

I'd suggest he make a very good attempt at calming Furijia, and then asking her to join his team.

Guess I'll have Hinagiku cut the Sagisō vs Shura match short and gather her team.

@Retro Master ,@Godjacob

Are Tayuya and Kiro joining?
If I must, then I want it to be on Taiyo's terms, since he has fought when both arms were non functional and he was bleeding out, which reminds me, time to allow me to give Taiyo a bit of PTSD.

If I must, then I want it to be on Taiyo's terms, since he has fought when both arms were non functional and he was bleeding out, which reminds me, time to allow me to give Taiyo a bit of PTSD.
Furījia: *pokes Taiyo in the chest and accidentally destroys his heart*
Whooooops
images

jkjk, but fighto~

by the way, blocking chakra points can systematically shut down your body's ability to move, so be careful not to get hit anywhere important, like a leg.