• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Naruto AU RP: discussion

First Exam:

• Written exam

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • ??? New exam

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sSoul

Previously Swirled
I’m uh...very confused
TL;DR If this
tfw you never win, but since you're mature, you don't fully complain and decide to keep going, even if you'll only with your grave further
Sounded like I complaint than I apologize, as it was not my original purpose, hence me saying this
I didnt intend it to be if it sounds like it xD)
Alright, Soul needs to respond to move Tsuki and Seiun, then I'll do a post with Mei and Hinagiku, and likely Furījia as well.

If Furījia moves with team Kakashi there'd be no need to wait up for them, so perhaps team Hinagiku will leave first.
Working on that now.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Tomiko won a fight 2 v 1 but has never won since. The biggest decline of a charcter’s Win streak. Mainly because her next opponents were Kiro and reaver XD
Taiyo: Hey, look, you only fought against two people and lost. I FOUGHT FIVE, AND LOST!
Inner Taiyo: Cheer up dude, apparently we're supposed to get a power up and maybe strategize a bit, so maybe things will finally start going our way
Taiyo: Well that s a first, never expected you to go positive
Inner Taiyo: Well when you're being a sadsack someone's gotta do it.

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
Taiyo: Hey, look, you only fought against two people and lost. I FOUGHT FIVE, AND LOST!
Inner Taiyo: Cheer up dude, apparently we're supposed to get a power up and maybe strategize a bit, so maybe things will finally start going our way
Taiyo: Well that s a first, never expected you to go positive
Inner Taiyo: Well when you're being a sadsack someone's gotta do it.

Zaku: hey...idiot. That 2v1 was against YOU. And she WON.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Zaku: hey...idiot. That 2v1 was against YOU. And she WON.
Taiyo: I KNOW!
Lol Zaku I wouldn’t be talking you failed your ultimate technique because of taiyo goofing up
Taiyo: heh, who's the idiot now
Inner Taiyo: still us, remember why we got our puppet arms in the first place?
Taiyo: Who's side at you on?
Inner Taiyo: the side of logic, and logic says were both idiots.

Tomiko won a fight 2 v 1 but has never won since. The biggest decline of a charcter’s Win streak. Mainly because her next opponents were Kiro and reaver XD

That fight should not honestly count. It becomes more and more out there given what happened to Tomiko & Taiyo since. Just like Azumi's win vs. Kiro is null in my mind.

And also Kakashi is just waiting on Taiyo to bring people for approval.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
By an ability like LCM I meant a way to get up close and personal fast. Unless FBS makes you faster...?
It should, FBS enhances all the user's stats by a set multiplier, speed being one of them. Red is 2x, Orange is 4x, Yellow is 6x, Green at max is 12x, Blue is 16x, White is 20x and Purple is conceptual, but it'll be stronger than Blue and weaker than White.

You're not villains. The Hyūga just really don't like you .3.

Also, you can all thank @Godjacob for inadvertently giving me the idea for Gravity Ninjutsu. It's actually just a mix of Earth & Wind jutsu, though.

Ay: Anyone who is a Konoha enemy is made to be a villain. The only morally questionable things your village has done are blamed solely on one person's shoulders as a scapegoat.

Oh joy, as if kyuu's characters were not scary enough already XD

Ay: Anyone who is a Konoha enemy is made to be a villain. The only morally questionable things your village has done are blamed solely on one person's shoulders as a scapegoat.

Oh joy, as if kyuu's characters were not scary enough already XD
Lmao, Hinagiku is the only one who can actually use it though.

It's kinda reliant on the Hyūga's ability to emit chakra from all their chakra points.

Weeeeelllll, it's not like you couldn't use it without that trait -because you certainly could. But the chakra efficiency would be atrocious, and it wouldn't be nearly as instantaneous a technique.
--------------------------------

Hinagiku: *shrugs* Ya shouldn't have been trying to steal our kids. Even worst you shouldn't have gotten caught.

Lmao, Hinagiku is the only one who can actually use it though.

It's kinda reliant on the Hyūga's ability to emit chakra from all their chakra points.

Weeeeelllll, it's not like you couldn't use it without that trait -because you certainly could. But the chakra efficiency would be atrocious, and it wouldn't be nearly as instantaneous a technique.
--------------------------------

Hinagiku: *shrugs* Ya shouldn't have been trying to steal our kids. Even worst you shouldn't have gotten caught.

Okay this is what I'm talking about when I worry you "expand" the Hyuga Clan to be as bad as what I fear the Uchiha are in canon XD

Ay: I'd make a counter, but the canon series is so black and white biased in Konoha's favor I really have nothing I can argue with. Screw you Kishi.

Okay this is what I'm talking about when I worry you "expand" the Hyuga Clan to be as bad as what I fear the Uchiha are in canon XD

Ay: I'd make a counter, but the canon series is so black and white biased in Konoha's favor I really have nothing I can argue with. Screw you Kishi.
I'd disagree.

As I said, the move can be used without being a Hyūga. Just that the Hyūga's ability to emit chakra from all their chakra points makes them more suited for the jutsu.

It's a combination of wind-chakra, and Added-Rock weight jutsu. It directs the target of the Rock weight jutsu to the chakra saturated air.

That being said you first need to saturate the air around you with chakra, and as can be seen with the Rotation technique, which does just that -expel a visible amount of chakra into the air around you in a set radius. It's easier for Hyūga to accomplish this, as opposed to someone just exploding with so much chakra that it becomes a chakra-cloak (and we've only really seen Jinchuriki make chakra cloaks.)

====================
Tl;Dr

Rotation except no spinning and the chakra expelled is used to cast Add-rock weight jutsu.

I'd disagree.

As I said, the move can be used without being a Hyūga. Just that the Hyūga's ability to emit chakra from all their chakra points makes them more suited for the jutsu.

It's a combination of wind-chakra, and Added-Rock weight jutsu. It directs the target of the Rock weight jutsu to the chakra saturated air.

That being said you first need to saturate the air around you with chakra, and as can be seen with the Rotation technique, which does just that -expel a visible amount of chakra into the air around you in a set radius. It's easier for Hyūga to accomplish this, as opposed to someone just exploding with so much chakra that it becomes a chakra-cloak (and we've only really seen Jinchuriki make chakra cloaks.)

The fact the Hyuga can easily cheese it out and this new technique (Which gravity stuff is always OP. No matter the medium) is tailor made for them doesn't make the new Hyuga less OP.

It's like saying I can make as successful a business if you gave me 10 dollars and somebody else a million to start with. Technically true, but in practice nearly impossible. That starting ground makes something go form "passable" to "incredibly unlikely."

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
I'd disagree.

====================
Tl;Dr

Rotation except no spinning and the chakra expelled is used to cast Add-rock weight jutsu.

Mori fly hacks
Fixed it for you

The fact the Hyuga can easily cheese it out and this new technique (Which gravity stuff is always OP. No matter the medium) is tailor made for them doesn't make the new Hyuga less OP.

It's like saying I can make as successful a business if you gave me 10 dollars and somebody else a million to start with. Technically true, but in practice nearly impossible. That starting ground makes something go form "passable" to "incredibly unlikely."
Kek, just because Kishi didn't want to flex his imagination and combine already existing techniques, doesn't mean that I can't.

You're right, it doesn't make the Hyūga any less OP, and their starting base is very flexible. and you haven't even seen my plans for the Hōzuki.

Well, to sum it up, I'm playing to the strengths of my OCs and their Clan's Kekkei genkai or Hiden, so yes, by default, all OCs without unique tools will suffer because they have almost literally no way to accomplish this.

However, the fact that it's possible still holds true, as I intend to continue showing with Baiyan, who has no kekkei genkai or hiden at all, and as Shen shows with Reaver -well not so much Reaver since Metal release is a Kekkei genkai. Maybe Taiyo is a better example. Either way, imagination, and gritty planning will to any base a very long way.
Fixed it for you
Hmm? That is literally how Iwa Shinobi fly though? Kurotsuchi, Onoki... they all fly exactly like that in canon :p

However, the fact that it's possible still holds true, as I intend to continue showing with Baiyan, who has no kekkei genkai or hiden at all, and as Shen shows with Reaver -well not so much Reaver since Metal release is a Kekkei genkai. Maybe Taiyo is a better example. Either way, imagination, and gritty planning will to any base a very long way.

Problem is those without those special Kekkei Genkais or gifts can only advance so far before they hit a wall. Imagination is powerless against the inherit power ups that will come in mass once Shippuden hits on top of creative ideas we all will come up with to scale ourselves up.

In fact, Azumi vs. Jicnhuriki Sagiso is gonna highlight this to an absolute T. And honestly the pointlessness of what I try to do.

Problem is those without those special Kekkei Genkais or gifts can only advance so far before they hit a wall. Imagination is powerless against the inherit power ups that will come in mass once Shippuden hits on top of creative ideas we all will come up with to scale ourselves up.

In fact, Azumi vs. Jicnhuriki Sagiso is gonna highlight this to an absolute T. And honestly the pointlessness of what I try to do.
You're underselling imagination quite a bit tbh, but I'm not gonna get into that with you at 2 am.

I just used imagination to survive a literal Nuke, so I'm really the wrong person to bring those arguments to.

Well, lemme throw out an idea at you; here are some hints.

• Wystria Leticiar
  • Rogue Cheney
  • Liquid Shadow
  • Hiding in Water technique

Throw out some jutsu and mix them up; where your imagination hits a wall the imagination of all 8 or 9 of us can't hit the same wall.

You're underselling imagination quite a bit tbh, but I'm not gonna get into that with you at 2 am.

I just used imagination to survive a literal Nuke, so I'm really the wrong person to bring those arguments to.

Well, lemme throw out an idea at you; here are some hints.

• Wystria Leticiar
  • Rogue Cheney
  • Liquid Shadow
  • Hiding in Water technique

Throw out some jutsu and mix them up; where your imagination hits a wall the imagination of all 8 or 9 of us can't hit the same wall.

Yeah I'll reserve major arguments for later. Gotta go to bed.

My main point was imagination + benefits will always trump imagination on its own. Not like Sagiso is gonna be someone who just costs off her basic Byakugan abilities or later Jinchuriki powers. And that gap simple cannot be overcome, and you need something similar to compete in this series.

Azumi is trying to climb Mt. Everest in fighting Jinchuriki Sagiso using a pair of sporks. It's an incredibly tall task given Sagiso has more imagination (Being you control her), has the natural Dojutsu advantage and will be given a Jinchuriki on top of it. Versus her lone imagination in what ever I can come up with.

In a perfect world, this can result in a good competitive match. But that's not how Naruto works, and I believe at this stage when that fight comes it will not live up to the hype Retro has for it given the sheer gap Azumi cannot close. Of course I will try my best, if I felt I could not make this self restriction work I'd have left the RP by this point and will try to make Azumi worthy for Sagiso's presence on that big stage. To prove you don't need birthright powers or special gifts to be among top tiers in this setting.

It's just if I had to bet, I wouldn't have the best odds going into it. And the mission I had seems like a fool's errand.

Yeah I'll reserve major arguments for later. Gotta go to bed.

My main point was imagination + benefits will always trump imagination on its own. Not like Sagiso is gonna be someone who just costs off her basic Byakugan abilities or later Jinchuriki powers. And that gap simple cannot be overcome, and you need something similar to compete in this series.

Azumi is trying to climb Mt. Everest in fighting Jinchuriki Sagiso using a pair of sporks. It's an incredibly tall task given Sagiso has more imagination (Being you control her), has the natural Dojutsu advantage and will be given a Jinchuriki on top of it. Versus her lone imagination in what ever I can come up with.

In a perfect world, this can result in a good competitive match. But that's not how Naruto works, and I believe at this stage when that fight comes it will not live up to the hype Retro has for it given the sheer gap Azumi cannot close. Of course I will try my best, if I felt I could not make this self restriction work I'd have left the RP by this point and will try to make Azumi worthy for Sagiso's presence on that big stage. To prove you don't need birthright powers or special gifts to be among top tiers in this setting.

It's just if I had to bet, I wouldn't have the best odds going into it. And the mission I had seems like a fool's errand.
You can always create 'benefits', nothing is really stopping you from developing a Hiden for your character. That is, in essence what Reaver has, a Hiden which he build the Reaver suits around.

Well, I will point out that you have a terrible habit of stacking odds against yourself horribly and then getting intimidated by that.