• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Naruto AU RP: discussion

First Exam:

• Written exam

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • ??? New exam

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You can always create 'benefits', nothing is really stopping you from developing a Hiden for your character. That is, in essence what Reaver has, a Hiden which he build the Reaver suits around.

Those Hidans already exists. Liquid Shadow for Azumi, Thunder Wolf Cloak for Kenji. Gaia Release for Tomiko. Stuff they learned, trained and worked to achieve getting. They already got their bonuses. But a Hiden doesn't really compare to a Dojutsu + Tailed Beast. Or a Dojutsu with hax upgrades, Lightning Armor and a Curse Mark.

Well, I will point out that you have a terrible habit of stacking odds against yourself horribly and then getting intimidated by that.

I just see the match objectivly. Azumi would have a hard time beating Sagiso now (If she can at all) and that's before Sagiso mastered her Hyuga arts or got her Tailed Beast.

Just how I see it right now. We'll see what the future holds.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Mei

Looking up from her desk, a faint smile graced Mei's lips as she scanned the assembled team. 'Seems about right...' The team composition could've been guessed long before the quartet had even stepped into the room. Entirely made up of affiliated of the Yuki clan and -her gaze grew sharp momentarily as it passed over Seiun- a 3rd caste member. How...lamentable.

Knocking on her desk twice, she signaled a kunoichi to enter the room, then, without delay she began speaking. "This particular mission is variable in nature, at the moment it shall possess the A-rank, though considering the circumstances It could be subject to elevation. Your cell shall carry this young lady, Hyōryūgetsu Hōzuki, as an additional member, leveling out your numbers to an easy 5."

"If you cannot capture the Jinchuriki, then killing it is preferred to it falling into the hands of another nation. Be careful of Iwagakure, beware another tragedy of Yosuga Pass. Act with your own discretion Lady Hama. Dismissed."

Her eyes had only stayed on the group for a scant few seconds before they looked downwards, refocusing on the paperwork blanketing her desk.

With Mei's words out of the way, the group would now have some time to scrutinize their new member. The kunoichi in question, Hyōryūgetsu, stood languidly before them. Her hair was a shimmering hue of white -no, rather than white, it only appeared white due to the lighting. Upon closer inspection, the waterfall of locks that spilled from her head were actually a pale, pastel blue. She wore a silky dress -or more aptly a robe or perhaps a blanket with sleeves- with thin long sleeves and rings of black fur lined across its edges. The dress itself was teal, and holding the fabric to her body was a wide, royal blue, ribbon.

Hinagiku

A malicious light brooding within her eyes, Hina swiftly ran through a list of team candidates within her mind. She would carry 5 other members with her, at most, and she already had them in mind. As she strolled through the clan's compounds, several attendants flocked to her after noticing the expression on her face. Impatiently she issued orders, "Takato Nara, Uchiha Kiro, and the sound Kunoichi -Tayuya was it? Have them gathered at the village gates within the hour!"

As quickly as they'd come, the servants dispersed, splitting up towards to locations of each of the mentioned shinobi. Veins crawled onto the Hyūga heads face as her Byakugan thrummed to life, and she swiftly located the final 2 members of her team, Sagisō and Shura. She immediately noticed..."A battle..?" She snorted and her steps grew lighter, like a gust of wind she crossed the Hyūga compound in mere moments, gently alighting between the duo of combating Hyūga as the prepared to assault each other. Contrary to the floating, fairy-like manner in which she arrived, her presences immediately brought crushing pressure onto the surrounding area. The blades of grass beneath her flattened themselves, the bamboo poles but a few meters away groaned and as if under some invisible weight they splintered and shattered, nearby trees snapped at their trunks and fell to the ground with hefty thuds. Everything within a 15m radius of the Hyūga head was forced to bow in obeisance, willfully or otherwise -of course, that included the two feuding Hyūga.

For the briefest of moments, a fleeting instant, an expression of contemplation crossed Hinagiku's face, and she seemed to mumble to herself 'Excellent for defense and suppression -preferably against multiple opponents in Taijutsu range. Chakra cost is, however, extensive, and technique is stationary... Not applicable to fast-paced battles. Perhaps for trapping?'

Sagisō

Licking her lips, the gleam of fighting-intent hidden within her eyes, Sagisō began conducting her chakra through her chakram and her legs shifted, moving to close the distance between herself and Shura even faster. Suddenly, on the outskirts of her vision, she noticed movement, and an instant later her mother arrived. Landing between herself and Shura with the lightness of a feather the older woman brought with her an oppressive, burdensome atmosphere that could only be described as the weight of mountains. Sagisō's expression dramatically shifted, her expression contorting into one of extreme exertion. It wasn't just an 'atmosphere', the very air around her seemed to grow thick and viscous as if she were not in the middle of the Hyūga compound but instead had been teleported to the bottom of the ocean -tons of water pushing down on her for above.

Her vision swam, and when she'd regained her bearings she'd been forced to the ground, kneeling. She could barely move a muscle.

As quickly as it'd come, the suffocating force vanished, and so had her Mother. The only evidence of their presence the fact that the girl now found herself on her knees, and the quickly fading set of orders.

"Assemble at the village gates within an hour. We have debts to collect."
solid post overall, though I do wish you moved Furījia or you could explain your reluctance to do so.

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
You can always create 'benefits', nothing is really stopping you from developing a Hiden for your character. That is, in essence what Reaver has, a Hiden which he build the Reaver suits around.

Well, I will point out that you have a terrible habit of stacking odds against yourself horribly and then getting intimidated by that.
^this.
So now Jin really has a reason to hate Seiun now, the lightning jutsu should definitely remind him of that one guy that killed his wife by blasting her with lightning.
Somewhat, even to this day Jin’s Xeno hatred only goes so far, it isn’t blind hatred, just moreover a distrust of the Xeno and disliking to associate with them in any shape or form. Kai hates them more however

solid post overall, though I do wish you moved Furījia or you could explain your reluctance to do so.
sorry, she just wasn't at the top of my priority list in terms of OC movement, and hence hasn't gotten a post quite yet. just like Yasu

She'll likely be in my next post, along with Baiyan, and Hyoryugetsu should Shen have reacted by then.
Those Hidans already exists. Liquid Shadow for Azumi, Thunder Wolf Cloak for Kenji. Gaia Release for Tomiko. Stuff they learned, trained and worked to achieve getting. They already got their bonuses. But a Hiden doesn't really compare to a Dojutsu + Tailed Beast. Or a Dojutsu with hax upgrades, Lightning Armor and a Curse Mark.

I just see the match objectivly. Azumi would have a hard time beating Sagiso now (If she can at all) and that's before Sagiso mastered her Hyuga arts or got her Tailed Beast.

Just how I see it right now. We'll see what the future holds.
*frustrated noises*

Have liquid shadow develop in the direction of Hydrification, or mix it with Hiding in the water technique. That'll effectively give Azumi a way to wield 'shadow' as a chakra nature, within some limitation. Even without likening it to Hydrification jutsu I'll show you a ton of things you can accomplish when you have a polymorphic weapon that also doubles as restraints.

I've mentioned the scroll animal sealing for Kenji, though I'd say I see the least way to develop him atm (haven't given it much though tbh).

Liken Gaia release to Senjutsu and you'll realize that the ability to draw energy from the earth to restore a user is eerily familiar to the ability to draw senjutsu chakra from nature. Develop that as a self-created form of Senjutsu and Tomiko has the potential to be Hashirama tier and she'd be nigh undefeatable on land as she has a near constant stream of senjutsu chakra funelling into her through the ground.

and Tomiko has the potential to be Hashirama tier and she'd be nigh undefeatable on land as she has a near constant stream of senjutsu chakra funelling into her through the ground.

Okay that's an exaggeration. Nobody is Hashirama tier. Not even Nagato is Hashirama tier.

But I will take your suggestions into consideration and appreciate you willing to try and help possible future imbalance issues.

Anyone else hoping to witness an awesome rematch between Sagisō and Katsuo? I don’t think Sagisō would give up considering the scenario the characters will be in this time. Perhaps Katsuo also holds a little grudge for the forfeit? Either way, the possibility of those two running into each other is there and I would be interested to see how their interaction plays out.

Anyone else hoping to witness an awesome rematch between Sagisō and Katsuo? I don’t think Sagisō would give up considering the scenario the characters will be in this time. Perhaps Katsuo also holds a little grudge for the forfeit? Either way, the possibility of those two running into each other is there and I would be interested to see how their interaction plays out.
Hey that would be cool to see :up:;)

Also, there’s the interaction with Kai and Katsuo. The one where Katsuo triggered Kai. I wonder if Kai remembers since Mei stopped him from hunting Katsuo down. That was definitely one of my favorite character interactions. It has one of my favorite quotes too.

Kai HATES Katsuo. Like, there’s Xeno hatred, and there is burn them in their mother’s fluids hatred. Kai has a kill on sight policy with him XD.

Kai: of course that would be a favorite quote! It’s the truth!

Depends, she might scorn him far too much, those 3 headbands aren't a very convincing display of his loyalties.

The irony is baffling XD

Mori digs-beats Kiro

Tomiko digs-Gets blown up.

Yeah, if Kiro sees Mori, he’s going straight for him

Mori is pretty darn impressive. Beating reaver with help the first time, leading to a stopping of reaver. Tiring with reaver the second time and talking him down both times. And then he beat Kiro while attacking and fighting with reaver. Wow.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
So who would initiate Taiyo vs Zaku round 2? I lean towards Zaku starting it since he could be lightly salted after Taiyo withstood his signature technique and messed up his next attack by kicking him, so he's essentially come to remove the thorn in his side that is Taiyo.
I've been researching Sage Mode and I'm convinced to add it onto Taiyo. I'll PM anyone who's interested in the development of this idea.

Mori is pretty darn impressive. Beating reaver with help the first time, leading to a stopping of reaver. Tiring with reaver the second time and talking him down both times. And then he beat Kiro while attacking and fighting with reaver. Wow.

He came in during Tomiko's (Ongoing) grand losing streak and just swooped in to overshadow her as the quality Iwa ninja XD

So who would initiate Taiyo vs Zaku round 2? I lean towards Zaku starting it since he could be lightly salted after Taiyo withstood his signature technique and messed up his next attack by kicking him, so he's essentially come to remove the thorn in his side that is Taiyo.
I've been researching Sage Mode and I'm convinced to add it onto Taiyo. I'll PM anyone who's interested in the development of this idea.
What if everyone here is interested? Group pm lel

Either or. He fooled Taiyo out of a scroll during the forest of death and tried to kill his friends. So they both have an equal means lol
What if everyone here is interested? Group pm lel
^ Hey, not half bad an idea