• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Mexico Region

Sylva shrugged. "I kinda don't want to battle," she muttered so quietly you had to try to listen to her. She clinched Snivy closer at the thought of having to battle. Snivy glared at her trainer. Not want to battle! What sort of trainer was she? Clearly Snivy got the worst one and wanted an exchange, but she chose her. In fact, she chose her before Sylva even did, so Snivy was sorta stuck with her.

JadeStar

Previously The Pikachan
Jade looked towards the television. "Hey! That's true! Want to go cheer him on? He did help us."

She looked at her shiny new Pokedex. It was the latest version and it looked so modern. She couldn't wait to find all kinds of Pokemon and register them. Hopefully that would include a Pikachu soon. She had always wanted one.

"If we go, we could get a preview of what we would face. Maybe prepare a strategy." Jade continued to look at the television, she was attracted to it.

Maker took a deep breath. "Let's head to the little cup! We can watch the battle on our PokeGears." She turned to Sylvia. "Don't worry if you don't want to battle, a lot of experience is earned by watching. Maybe I'll join ya! I don't think I'm quite ready for a tournament yet, but maybe I'll change my mind when I get there. I tend not really know what I'm gonna do." She smiled proudly. "Let's go then!" She took of running.

"LADIES AND GENTLEMAN!" A man wearing a cowboy hat and black boots stood in the middle of the arena inside the Chihuanua gym. "Today our gym leader will be facing, Sol!" He pointed at Sol. "Now, since this is his first gym battle, we have special rules for today. A singles battle, two Pokemon each, the gym leader is not allowed to switch, while the challenger can switch Pokemon once." He pointed to the other side. "Now, our gym leader, Charlie!"

A man about 26 years old, tall, tanned skin, black hair that covered part of his eyes. He wore a blue lumberjack jack shirt, jeans and black boots. "Welcome Sol! I hope you're ready for your first match... Because I won't go easy on you!"

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Paige nodded thoughtfully. "It's always good to be prepared. At least - that's what I was always taught," she added sheepishly. She was still getting used to this partnership thing - people tended not to really like her when she tried beforehand.
She checked her own Pokedex inquisitively, until Jolt leaped down from her shoulder, and in front of it. Before she could say anything, her Pokedex had already scanned the Pichu.
"Pichu, the Tiny Mouse Pokemon. Pure Electric-type. Pichu has a difficult time controlling its electricity, and may shock you without meaning it. This Pichu is male, has the ability Static, and knows the moves Thunder Shock, Charm, Sweet Kiss, and Nasty Plot. Evolves into Pikachu when the bond between Trainer and Pokemon is sufficient, then evolves into Raichu when exposed to a Thunder Stone."

"Woah there, didn't we say we were going to Sports City."

Lysia quickly spoke up, grinding things to an abrupt halt. She stood up; setting her arms akimbo she gave Jade and Paige stern look. What an excitable bunch they were, after seeing the gym battle on Tv they were already raring to go. It was...a bit cute. Lysia's stern look crumbled as she let out a soft giggle.

"Well...I'm sure it wouldn't hurt to watch the Gym battle, but they'd also have a Tv at Sports City, don't you think? We'd better get there before the battle starts."

The Dark Fairy

Previously Eliiiscool
Eli smiled and began to walk "I'm sure we can, lets go!" he cheered, the Rowlet on his shoulder took of, not wanting to be on Elis shoulder as he ran, looking back at the rest of the group

"Besides I want my new friend to cheer me on. I did not expect you guys to want to join in as well." Eevee nuzzled into Rowena, she loved to cuddle like that with the purple and green haired girl. Lillipup was content to be in Rowena's arms. He loved the feeling he received from them. Rowena had such a love for her pokemon that they could feel it when she held them.

Rowena watched after Eli left. She was not really happy that the guy tagged along. He seemed to be too excitable. "Anyways we should get moving." Rowena turned to Sylvia and gave the girl a smile.

JadeStar

Previously The Pikachan
"True!" Jade laughed, feeling a little embarrassed. "Okay, let's go!"

Jade ran over to the front counter and got her Pokemon back. "Thank you nurse Joy!" She smiled as she placed her Pokeballs in her pockets. She liked to keep her Pokemon at reach. She walked back to Lysia and Paige. "Okay I am rea-dy!" She looked really excited, barley containing the need to lightly stomp her feet. "A little cup! Imagine me and King winning our first little cup? I wonder what the prize is. Oh who cares! Just being in such an event is so exciting! If we do enter, I am so starting with my new little Spinarak." She began walking towards the exit. "This is so great!"

Lysia released an exasperated sigh as Jade was already headed for the door. The girl moved so fast! Yet, she had forgotten —they still didn't know where Sports City was! Not to put a rain on Jade's parade, Lysia went over to Nurse Joy, collecting her Pokemon while also asking for a few directions. With that done, she strapped her Pokeballs to her waist and then began jogging after Jade.

"Hey! Wait up!"

She also called out to Paige, who was getting left behind.

"Come on Slowbro, she'll leave us behind at this rate!"

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Paige heard this and took off running, with Jolt opting to jump off her shoulder and run ahead.
"Oi! Wait for me!" Paige shouted playfully, her athleticism beginning to come in a bit. She'd always been a fairly fast runner.
Relatively quickly, Jolt grew exhausted and hopped right back onto Paige's head. Paige slowed a bit, ensuring that she wouldn't knock Jolt off.

JadeStar

Previously The Pikachan
Jade loved waking with her new companions. It just felt right being with them. "Come on! We must be close! The big forest in the middle of the city, right?" She began running towards the direction of trees that could be seen over some buildings.

The different stadiums could be seen up ahead and Jade ran faster. "This is so great!" She yelled.

Charlie shook Sol's hand and walked to his spot. He waited until Sol was ready.

"Ladies and gentlemen! The gym leader Charlie versus the new trainer Sol. Let the battle... Begin!"

The crowd cheered as Charlie looked at the Pokeballs set on his belts. "Now let's, see...." He grabbed a Greatball. "You need some training." He threw it up in the air and a Teddiursa came out.

The small bear cub Pokemon looked around and smiled, it seemed to like the attention.

"Ready whenever you are!" Charlie called out to Wes.

Sol walked to his side of the field, adrenaline rushing threw his veins. “Alright! Let’s go Fletchling!” He launched a pokeball high into the air and the small bird popped out, fluttering around. “Use peck!” He shouted. The robin’s beak glowed white as it dove towards the cub Pokémon with amazing speed thanks to its gale wings ability.

Fletchling was slammed into the ground by the counter attack. “Guess I should’ve seen that coming.” Sol grumbled to himself. Thankfully, he knew how to counter a counter. “Fletchling keep your distance and keep using growl!” He ordered. The bird used quick attack to fly up in the air, out of range from the Teddiursa and began spamming growl. Sol smirked, he knew that eventually Teddiura’s attack would be lowered so much that counter would have little to no effect.

"Well...according to what Nurse Joy told me, this should be it."

Lysia trudged along at a slower pace than Jade, who seemed to abound with unlimited energy. The treck from Pokemon Center to Sports City was enough to leave the bookwormish girl winded, and she could only watch in exasperation as Jade picked up speed, running off towards the stadiums.

Completely floored, Lysia simply slowed to a brisk enough walk. She couldn't keep up with the girl's energy, and from here on out, she wouldn't even try. As their small trio entered Sports City, Lysia's eyes were easily attracted to one of the Tv monitors positioned around the stadium. Prominently displayed on it was the on-going match between Sol and the Gym Leader.

"Fletchling vs Teddiursa...interesting. I thought he would've gone straight for Tyrogue."

As Fletchling took to the air to perform its stat-lowering assault, Lysia turned away and began looking for where she could sign up for the Sport City Little Cup.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Paige tagged behind Lysia, not noticing the ongoing gym battle. She looked around, hoping to find somewhere to sign up.
Jolt tried to get Paige's attention, jabbing his paw at the screen. He obviously wanted to watch, his cheeks sparking in annoyance.
Paige, unfortunately, was completely oblivious, so Jolt decided to take.. measures. Summoning his internal electricity, he sent a small static bolt at Paige.
Paige flinched in shock upon receiving the tiny bit of electricity. It wasn't enough to injure, just enough to startle. She rubbed her arm, glaring at Jolt.
"Hey, what was that for?" she protested.
Jolt pointed at the screen again. "Pipi-chu!"
Paige looked at the screen, noticing it for the first time. "Oh."

Charlie smiled at Sol's strategy. "Interesting. Teddiursa use taunt."

The small bear smirked confidentiality and began taunting the bird Pokemon. He stuck it's tongue out and pointed at the Fletching, making a funny noise, as if making fun of the bird.

Maker began to look desperte. "Let's go! The battle between the gym leader and that one kid started. If we want to join the little cup, we have to sign up at the main stadium before the battle is over!"

Sol’s strategy had been countered, but he was okay with that. The growls he got in before the taunt should have been enough to do the trick. “Alright Fletchling, use quick attack!” The Robin chirped one agreement and dove towards Teddiursa, leaving streaks of white as it sped through the air.

JadeStar

Previously The Pikachan
Jade kept running until she saw the main stadium. She stopped however when she noticed the big screen outside displaying the GYM battle. "That guy looks really familiar." She thought out loud.

She turned to her friends. "Hey! Look! It's the guy with Tyrogue!" She pointed at the screen. "He seems to be doing really good."

Jade imagined herself being there, facing the GYM leader. She would start with her Ariados and then her Empoleon as back up. In case things got serious, she would use her Raichu. Then win the match with an amazing combination. She smiled as her fantasy ran on in her head.

Charlie smiled as the Fletchling attacked. "If you were trying to reduce counter's power, I'm afraid you don't quite understand how it works. Teddiursa, counter!"

The Teddiursa prepared its fist again, waiting for it to be hit so it could deliver the counter.

Maker ran ahead of the group, she wanted to see the battle and make sure they get there in time for the little cup. She saw two of the trainers she battled before up ahead.
"Hey! Are you guys here for the little cup also?" She asked as she caught up to Paige and Lysia.

“Now, return!” Sol shouted as a red light absorbed Fletchling and returned it to the Pokémon. “Now Tyrogue, Vacuum Wave!” He threw Tyrogue’s cherish ball out to the field. As soon as the fighting type emerged he kicked mid air and launched the wave towards the Teddiursa. Sol smiled to himself, he had successfully lowered the Teddiura’s attack so Tyrogue would have the 1v1 advantage, and he baited it into being trapped in a counter state so he could land a super effective vacuum wave. “I’m not a rookie, it’s called a bait!” He announced to the gym leader, irritated to be considered so simple minded.

Rowena walked at a more moderate rate. She wanted to get there soon as well, but she did not want to leave her new friend behind. "You know you do not have to go to this place if you don't want to. We can just hang out and talk. I just thought the little cup would be fun to see. I know not everyone is comfortable with battling as others, so please do not feel pressured into doing something you would not feel comfortable with."

The Teddiursa took the Vaccum wave and fell on it's back, unconscious.

"Teddiurse is unable to battle, Sol takes the first win!" The announcer said excitedly as the crowd cheered Sol on and some booed him.

"So, we are facing a Tyrogue and a Fletchling?" Charlie said as he returned his Pokemon. "I wonder who will I used next..." He looked at his Pokeballs. "You know, I'm a little concerned right now. I feel that if I choose this one..." He pointed at a moonball. "It would be too much, but then again, you look really confident and I didn't give it my all, it would be disrespectful..." He thought about his decision for a while and then picked up the Moonball. "Get ready, this one here might be your first gym loss."

He threw the Moonball in the air and a Wigglytuff came out. The pink Pokemon had a mean look on it's face as it scouted it's opponent and then analyzed him. It snarled and pounded its fist together, ready to battle.

"I decided to go all out. You sure you can take it?" Charlie said with confidence.

"Well I just do not want you to feel like you are going to be left behind." Rowena looked to the girl and smiled. She really did want to form a lasting friendship with her. Thinking for a moment, Rowena thought she might have the answer her problem. "Have you thought of research or coordinating. You could also think about becoming a breeder as well. There are a lot of things that you could become."

"What? You think my Pokemon would fall for the same trick twice?" Charlie shrugged and smiled. "Finish it, shock wave!"

The Wigglytuff sent out a jolt of electricity throughout the entire battle field. A sinister grin on the Pokemon's face as it waited for results.

Lysia was distracted by two different calls at once. On one end Jade seemed to have just noticed the on-going Gym battle between Sol and the Gym Leader, and on the other end, a new trainer had approached them and by the sound of it...

"Yes, we are. Are you also in the Little Cup?"

By the sound of it, the girl was also a would-be contestant. Lysia waved towards Jade, gesturing for her to come over. While she did that, she also decided to start up some small talk.

"You're one of the trainers who'd set off with us right? I don't think I got your name earlier. I'm Lysia-Ann, how about you?"

Lysia-Ann extended her hand for a handshake while her lips split in a soft smile.

Nate was awkwardly following Maker and her group, walking around the edge. He really wanted to talk to someone, or at least exchange a few words, but everyone seemed busy. He didn't even know anyone's name, so he didn't really feel like anyone knew he was there. He sighed and took Totodile of his head and began speaking with her. "Soooooooo... Totodile, how are you enjoying our journey so far?" Totodile shrugged, suggesting that she was bored. "Oh, come on, it's fun. Later on, maybe we'll catch some new Pokémon and play with them. Or maybe... Someone will come to us and you can play with their Pokémon!" Totodile didn't really look impressed, but she guessed that this quiet walk was relaxing enough for her not to really care.

Leon walked out of the lab slowly he already had a plan to make a name for himself as a great and with oshawott by his side it was possible, he knew he wasn't sticking around Chihuahua city the most he was going to do here was the gym battle but that would be much latter in the day after all what better way than to end the day with some fun. And, so with that in mind he went straight for route eight completely skipping the gym and ignoring the wild pokemon in the city after all they weren't on his ideal team he already had that planned out.

He wasn't staying for long on route eight he just had to catch one pokemon here that was on his ideal team do a bit of training and then challenge the gym and the fun thing was this would be the only none water type on his team afterall while he did want to be a water type master he needed an ace in the hole. And then after walking for ten minutes the pokemon he had been looking for came up from the ground a nincada. And, acting quickly he grabbed oshawott's pokeball and threw it whilst shouting "Make it rain, come out here and use water gun on nincada."

As soon as the oshawott was out he fired off his water gun doing super effective damage to the bug, ground type but not enough to knock it out and so it responded in kind with an absorb doing super effective damage to blackbeard. Then seeing this Leon shouted "Blackbeard charge it with tackle and don't let it leave your sight." Quick to follow orders Blackbeard did just that leaving nincada very close fainting and so Leon quickly threw an empty pokeball catching the nincada within a few shakes, and then picked it up and then started walking back to the city with Blackbeard by his side before saying, "Right the next stop is pokemon center then we have a bit of training to do and then the gym battle.". After hearing this Blackbeard just nodded and they countinued the walk back in Silence.

Last edited:
Maker grinned as she pulled Nate with her. "I'm really thinking about it! But I only have one Pokemon, so it would be difficult to win it. But, it must be a good experience."

She looked over to where Jade was and then back to Lysia and Paige. "I'm Maker by the way! It's very nice to meet you!" She extended her hand.

Lysia grasped Maker's hand in a firm handshake. She agreed with Maker's judgment, with only one pokemon it would be rather difficult to win the little cup. She herself had only been a trainer for a few hours, and yet, even she had two pokemon at hand, and she knew that she wasn't the only one among their group. Heck, Sol was even challenging the first gym!

A wry smile crossed Lysia-Ann's lips. "Well, its all about the experience at the end. I'm thinking after participating in this little cup, I'll be ready to take on a gym. Though, I heard there was a prize for winning the little cup. Would you happen to know what it is?"

Nate's eyes went wide as Maker began to pull him with her. "Wha?" He thought, confused. Totdile was about to burst out laughing, but she just held in the laughed and simply giggle. Nate had to listen to the girl introduce herself. "Maker... What an unusual name..." He smiled to himself, glad to finally know someone's name... but it made him think about the time when he'll have a chance to introduce himself.

Maker smiled as she shook the girl's hand. "The prize? I think it was a TM or an egg... I'm not sure." She grinned at her forgetfulness. She the pulled Nate closer. "This is my friend.... Um... What was your name?" She laughed nervously, realising she didn't know his name yet.

"Ladies and gentlemen, if you are to enter the tournament for little cup, please sign up at the stadium's reception. Sign ups end in 30 minutes. Thank you."

Rowena was waiting for a response from Sylvia when they arrived at the little cup. Hearing that signups were still happening, she walked over. "Hello I would like to sign up. My name is Rowena Blackwell." Taking the form for the contest, Rowena filled it out easily and handed it back.

Looking around, Rowena noticed others who were at the professors with her and the people she travelled with. Walking over she said. "Hey guys. Are any of you joining in? I think it will be a lot of fun. My name is Rowena by the way."

Nate suddenly was pulled closer to the girl, who claimed that he was her friend, even though she didn't even know his gosh darn name. He gulped and said.
"U-Um... Nathaniel Hark..." He felt a little awkward, since he basically got dragged into this conversation without him even having the choice to say no. Totodile, who was on top of Nate's head did a little cheeky wave to the other girls.