• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Mexico Region

Sylva was the last one to catch up. She huffed, being out of breath. Snivy looked unhappy, being carried there the whole way, but there was another reason for her displeasure. The fact Rowena caught a Pokemon. Snivy wanted to have her trainer to be the first, but that did not happen. Sylva, being a nice person, congratulated Rowena, and Snivy ran off herself, looking for a battle. It should not be that hard right? Just find a Pokemon to fight and have Sylva catch it? Snivy thought as she ran off to find an opponent. She ran from a Rattatta, Pidgey and Lillipup multiple times. Snivy could hear her trainer call after her as the human pushed the grass aside as she ran after her, but Snivy did not listen. No, she needed to be the strongest Pokemon out of the starters. She needed to have her trainer catch a Pokemon worthy enough to be on their team.

Tyrogue seemed a bit nervous as he got stuck to Fletchling. “That’s alright Tyrogue, just carry the whole thing!” Tyrogue embraces being stuck to Fletchling and wrapped his arms around the cocoon, keeping his legs free so he could quickly run back to his trainer. Sol immediately got to work with a pocket knife to free his Pokémon.

“Sicily, counter with 『Ember』!”

At Lysia’s order, Sicily launched her counter-attack. The ember overpowered the 『Poison Sting』 catching the purple Spinarak off-guard and blasting it from its tree-branch perch.

“Yes!!”

Lysia pumped her fist, have scored her first solid attack. Out of the corner of her eye, she could see Tyrogue in a sticky situation, but couldn’t help as she didn’t want to risk burning Tyrogue as well with Ember.

Her moment of indecision cost her, as the Spinarak was able to fire a 『String Shot』 from its mouth that latched onto another branch and then swing itself right towards Sicily. As the two pokemon collided, the Spinarak used 『Constrict』to bind Sicily up.

"Thank you though it was not really a big deal. I saw a moment and capitalized on it." Rowena said as reached up to pet Eevee. After a moment of peace, it seemed that Snivy had ran off as well. Running after her friend, Rowena caught up only to be tripped by a small sleeping puppy pokemon.

Who woke up and started barking. Rowena got back up, and Eevee jumped down from her trainer's shoulder. Ready for battle Eevee waited for the command to attack. "Eevee use tackle!" Eevee rushed forward and hit the Lillipup head on.

The lillipup was not happy being woken up and even more so when it was attacker. Taking a running start forward, it tried to tackle the Eevee, who barely avoided the attack.

"Eevee use growl." Eevee used a low menacing growl to intimidate the puppy pokemon. The lillipup backed off a little but still wanted to fight.

As Anna walked into the lab, she watched as the other person their choose pokemon. She heard him as he walked by her and showed him a smile. "Why thank you kind sir. I hope you enjoy your travels as well." She curtsied a slight bit.

Arriving at the selection of starters, she looked around at them. "Oh dear there isn't many left, if I had been any later I probably wouldn't even have gotten a choice." Observing the selection she had left, one particular pokemon caught her eye, a Mudkip who walked closer to her. "Hey there little guy, would you like to be my partner pokemon?" The Mudkip tilted his head, let out a few "kips" before snuggling against Anna. "I'll take that as a yes."

After the new trainer got the rest of her equipment and was a bout to leave, she heard Gary suggest they travel together. "Oh, of course. If you would be so kind as to have me how can I refuse?" She showed an innocent smiled with her head tilted.

JadeStar

Previously The Pikachan
"Are you okay King?" Jade asked her Piplup, who was stuck under webs from the string shot.

King struggled with anger, doing his best to break free.

"Try using peck!" Jade called out to her water Pokemon.

King's beak glowed and he began using it to cut himself lose. King posed proudly as he had freed himself.

"Yes! Good job!" Jade looked around. "King, protect Tyrogue and Fletching, with bubble!"

King ran over and stood in front of Sol and his Pokemon, using bubble to spray away any incoming attacker.

The 『Bubble』 prevented the Spinarak from ganging up on Sol's pokemon, even landing a few direct hits on the three remaining spiders. Meanwhile, Lysia was working on a predicament of her own, the purple Spinarak had tightly wrapped itself around Sicily.

"Sicily『Tackle』it into that tree!"

Risking all or nothing, the Cyndaquil struggled to push off, charging recklessly into the tree and slamming the spinarak between bark and body. The spider Pokemon crumbled, and Lysica immediately took the chance to toss a Pokeball. Seconds later, the Spinarak was caught, and the girl was elated.

"Now to help out the others. Sicily use 『Ember』!"

Attacking the group of 3 Spinarak from behind, Sicily scored a hit with ember on one of them, knocking it out in the process. Now, there were only 2 remaining.

JadeStar

Previously The Pikachan
"Follow up with Peck!" Jade shouted.

King rushed the Spinaraks after Pichu had finished her attack. King pecked both opponents as fast as possible.

"Yeah! Show them who the boss is!" Jade cheered her Pokemon on. "Bubble!"

King jumped back and sprayed bubbles towards the opponents.

"Hey!" Jade called out to Paige. "Combine our bubbles with your electric attack!"

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Paige looked unsure, but Jolt appeared to know what she was doing. Jolt gave Paige an "i-got-this" gesture, before firing another Thunder Shock forward.
The electricity collided with the bubbles, seemingly electrically charging the water, providing a lot more power to the attack.

The Spinarak found themselves overwhelmed by the impromptu combo. The electrified bubbles quickly causing the remaining two Spinarak to faint.

"Well then, seems like you didn't need any help from me after all."

Lysia came over just as the battle was finishing, throwing up her hands to give both Jade and Paige a high-five. She was pretty excited about the whole thing, having caught her second pokemon and gone through a good battle.

"Did either of you see any pokemon you wanted to catch?"

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Paige returned the high-five, grinning widely.
The battle had given her a sense of exhilaration that she hadn't ever felt before. She couldn't describe it, it just felt... like it was what she was meant to do.
"That.. was.. AWESOME!" she squealed. "I didn't see any Pokemon I wanted to catch, but congratulations to you! And such a pretty color, too!"

JadeStar

Previously The Pikachan
Jade high-fived Lysia. "Yes!" She turned around, took out a Pokeball and threw it at one of the fainted Spinaraks.
The bug Pokemon went inside, the ball wiggled a couple of times and then locked.

Jade jumped out of happiness and ran over to pickup the Pokeball. "Perfect! Look King!"

King walked over, looked at the Pokeball and shrugged.

"Well I think it's cute." Jade walked back to the other two trainers. "So, where to? I don't think I'm ready for the gym leader."

Rowena smiled as the lillipup seemed to growl at Eevee. After a few minutes of that, the lillipup seemed to start wagging his tail. It seemed like it had started to grow fond of the fox pokemon.

The lillipup ran over to Rowena and jumped at her. She caught the little puppy and spun him around. "Well I guess that settles it. Do you want to come with us?" The lillipup noded to Rowena. Who then held out a pokeball to him.

The lillipup booped his nose on the ball and was sucked into the pokeball. It shook a couple of times and then clicked. Eevee ran up to Rowena and hugged her. "Come on lets go find the others.

Snivy hissed at Rowlet as she ran around him. She wanted to find a new team member, and she had a feeling that Sylva would not catch anything unless she pushed her. Which Snivy fully intended to do. She found a fluffy sheep-like Pokemon and stopped in front of it. This was perfect. Something that she approved of being on the team. Sylva caught up to Snivy and picked her up, getting some protests from the grass-snake. Just like Snivy thought, Sylva was not interested in catching any Pokemon. This angered her as she tried to fight her way out of Sylva's arms to no avail.

Rowena had finally caught up to the grass type and her trainer, when Sylva picked snivy. Noticing how the pokemon acted, Rowena knew that the pokemon wanted some action.

"Um Sylva, I think Snivy wants to battle the sheep pokemon. Maybe even have you catch it for your team." Eevee was on her shoulder, and enjoyed the path along the route.

Sylva looked back at the Mareep. "But I don't want to hurt it." Snivy felt like she could strangle her trainer. She did not want to hurt the Mareep? Like she would! Snivy struggled some more. She thought this trainer would be easy to manipulate, but be an innocent flower bud! Sylva sighed. "Fine, but I don't really like this." She let Snivy back on the ground. "Vine Whip, please." Snivy sighed at the added word and attacked the sheep with two vines that came out of her neck-leaves. The poor Mareep, who was grazing at the time, got hit. He was rightfully angry and quickly charged up a Thundershock. Snivy waited for the order to move, but it did not come. Snivy got angry with her trainer some more, but she was battling right now. She had to stay focus. Fortunately, electric moves did not do that much damage to her due to her typing. "Um, Tackle?" Snivy hissed with anger and ran straight for the Mareep. He did nothing, thinking that the Snivy was done. Snivy ran into the Mareep and bounced off of his fluff. "Vine Whip?" Snivy attacked the Mareep with a whirlwind of vines, making an unrelenting attack. The Mareep bleated and used Tackle on Snivy, who was thrown back. She grinned. This was the fight she wanted, the fight that Sylva was denying her earlier. Snivy picked herself back up and Mareep was paying much more attention now. "Wrap?" Snivy used her vines to wrap Mareep up, sometimes squeezing on the sheep. Sylva tried to take out a Pokeball. She fumbled with it for a bit before she caught it to throw at the Mareep. She tossed it, hitting the sheep. Due to Mareep's relaxed nature about everything, she caught him, though if the Mareep was more motivated then she would have had to fight him more.

“Hmmmmm... no thanks! I wanna get a taste of the gym as soon as I can!” On that note Sol walked off in his own direction, hopefully he would stumble across the gym at some point.

After taking much more time than it should have, Sol was faced against the entrance of what appeared to be the gym. He knocked on the door three times loudly for good measure, then cupped his hands as he yelled, “Hello! My names Sol Erdrick and I’m here to challenge your gym!”

Sylva was startled from Eli's congratulations. By the time he appeared, she had the Mareep's Pokeball in her hand and she started fumbling with it again, this time failing to catch it. The Pokeball landed in the grass and rolled up against her worn black tennis shoes. Sylva picked up the fallen Pokeball. "Thanks," she said just loud enough for Eli to hear, though it could of easily been lost in the wind. She noticed that everyone gathered nearby and she shuddered. So many people. Sure, she had one friend. But only one. Everyone else here was a stranger. She felt tiny as she looked at the others. Snivy looked at Sylva and gave an experated sigh. Why could she have not chosen a more confident trainer?

A young boy wearing a cowboy outfit opened the door. "Hey. You here for a gym challenge eh?" He opened the doors wide. "Come on in, the leader will be with you within 1 hour."

A TV broadcast was sent across the city, to every electronic device in the area.
"The Chihuahua city GYM invites you to witness a GYM battle. The Challenger, Sol Erdrick! Versus! Charlie Perez, the Normal Type Gym leader! In one hour the match will start. Friendly reminder of the rules:
The GYM leader cannot switch Pokemon, while the challenger, can only switch once.
No items allowed! Single format! If you can't be there, you can watch it on Channel 5, the Stars Channel!"

Maker walked up to Sylvia. "Hey are you okay? You just got a new friend there! Are you going to nickname it? It's so cute! You lucky!"
She saw the broadcast on her phone. "Hey! Isnt that one of the new guys? Should we go cheer him on?"

“Alright!” Sol chimed as he followed the boy inside. Normal type, all right! That means Tyrogue will have an advantage. Sol pumped his fist as excitement swelled within him. His eyes sparkled when he heard the announcement “Wow! So cool! We’re gonna be on tv!” He cheered to himself as he sent out his three Pokémon who joined in on the celebrating. Tyrogue began stretching to prepare for the fight, Fletchling flew around the room, and Lillipup energetically ran in circles. Sol began to sit with his eyes closed, meditating and planning creative strategies for the battle.

"Well...more fun for us, right?"

Lysia shrugged her shoulders, watching as Sol rushed off to face the Gym. While she also wanted to take a crack at the Mexican Region's League challenge, she was in no rush. She'd just caught a new partner in Spinarak, and she now needed to nickname the spectacular spider, and then get some training in. It would perhaps be some time until she was really ready for a gym battle.

"Shall we..?"

Seeing as they all had an interest in the sports city and Sol was already rushing towards his own objective, Lysia saw no reason for them to lag behind. She began heading to the Sports City, using the travel time to mull over nicknames for her Spinarak.

"Rachnera..? It has a nice ring to it, but still no. Arachne..? No, way too simple...but that gives me an idea! Athena, the Goddess of weaving, Perfect! What do you think...? Do you like the name Athena?"

Lysia released her Spinarak from its Pokeball, the spider pokemon skittering up her legs. The girl shivered the feeling of several legs crawling along her skin far too creepy to describe. The Spinarak settled somewhere along her back, clacking its mandibles together in what, Lysia assumed, was approval.

"Great! Then Athena it is~"

JadeStar

Previously The Pikachan
"I think that's a lovely name!" Jade spoke as she followed Lysia. "I haven't thought of a name for mine, I plan on catching lots of Pokemon and nicknaming them all sounds difficult."

Jade heard the news about the GYM challenge, but preferred to follow her current group. Besides, Sports city sounded fun, maybe they could play some sports.

"Your Pichu is adorable by the way." Jade told Paige. "I'm a big fan of Pikachu. I hope to find one on this journey."

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Jolt puffed up in pride, cheeks sparking proudly. “Pipi-chu!”
Paige laughed. “Proud one, are we?” She gently tickled the Electric Pokemon behind the ears, much to his chagrin.
“So! We... should.. probably get to know each other better. Any... conversation topics?” Paige asked awkwardly. Her biggest weakness was starting conversations, and it was remarkably obvious.

"30 minutes until the Gym challenge begins! Our Gym leader is getting ready as we speak and the gym is starting to fill up!" The local battle news reporter said to the camara. "Word on the street is, we have a whole new group of trainers today and this young man, Sol, is one of them. We hope to see a great debut from this fresh new trainer!"

Now on the screen there was a lady reporter. "Come one, come all! Which little one will come on top, in this months Little Cup! Sports City main stadium, today! Hurry up and sign up!"

JadeStar

Previously The Pikachan
"That's a great idea!" Jade continued to walk to Sports City it seemed, along with Lysia and Paige. "How about what our goals are? I mean are we all going to challenge the Gyms? I mean, I am, for now, maybe later on I will thinking of something else to do. You know, many people change their minds throughout their journey. I'm hoping I will find my calling in this world, if it's not being the very best."

"Well, I plan to take on the Gym challenge, and maybe even become the Champion. But...I'm mostly here to travel and have fun. I'll join whatever looks most fun...I guess?"

Her own goals, much like Jade's, were uncertain. For now she was focused on the Gym challenges, however, if something else came up then she wouldn't hesitate to give it a shot either. It was all in the name of fun and a jolly good time. Things would work themselves out, or so she supposed.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Paige tilted her head. "I dunno. I guess I have a similar outlook. Obviously, all I really plan on doing at the moment is Gym Battles. But... it's really hard to make a solid decision, considering that there are always new things coming up. I guess I just can't commit to one thing." She chuckled.
Jolt seemed to have other ideas. He mimed punching a target and firing attacks, cheeks crackling. "Chuchu!"
Paige gave a small laugh. "Looks like Jolt's already made up his mind on what he wants to do though."

JadeStar

Previously The Pikachan
"Well then I guess we can all hang out together for a while." Jade looked around. "If that's okay with both of you, I think we would all make a great team. Where is this Sports City anyway?"

Had placed her hands behind her head as they walked. She acted relaxed, but in reality, she was really nervous. She was not ready for a Gym battle or any type of contest. Plus, she only caught a Pokemon because the others had helped out.

"Good question..."

It only occurred to her now, but it did appear that not one of them actually knew where they were going. Lysia furrowed her brow, features drooping into a frown.

"How about we go to the Pokemon Center first. Our Pokemon could use some healing, and I'm sure Nurse Joy wouldn't mind giving us some directions."

The Pokemon Center, with its characteristic red-roof, was one of, if not the, most recognizable building in any town. It wouldn't be hard to find, and in fact—

"Athena, go up and get a good view of the town. Find the Pokemon Center!"

Chitters came from Lysia's back, then a string of sticky thread as Athena web-slung to a nearby wall. She quickly skittered up the side of the house, disappearing onto its roof. Moments later, she peeked over the edge of the roof, pointing to the left.

Lysia turned to Jade and Paige, "Seems the Pokemon Center is that way, let's go."

JadeStar

Previously The Pikachan
"Great!" Jade called out. "Let's go there ASAP!" She began to run in the direction she was told, not looking back if the others were following her. S

She kept running until reaching the building with the red roof, she stepped inside, feeling a cool breeze. She located the front counter and ran to the nurse. "Hello! Two Pokemon need healing please!"

Jade handed over her Pokeballs and went to a nearby lobby to sit down. She took a deep breath and leaned back, smiling, since she always wanted to go to a Pokemon center to heal her Pokemon.

Walking out of the lab, Anna noticed that most of the people who were around seem to have scattered and were now going off in their own direction. “So, how about we get going too Kipper?” Kipper being the name she gave her Mudkip. The pokemon replied with a cheerful “kip”.

Anna began thinking where they should be heading before looking towards Gary. “Hey umm...” That was when she realized they haven’t introduced themselves yet. “Oh silly me, I didn’t introduce myself yet.” She knocked on her forehead with a giggle. “I’m Anna, Anna Twice. Pleased to meet you.”

Lysia lagged behind Jade, handing in her own two Pokeballs to the Nurse. She trotted around the hospital lobby, taking a seat beside Jade. She leaned back, looking around the Pokemon Center until she caught sight of a television. The pixels across it flashed rapidly, producing an unfamiliar scene along with an all-too-familiar face. As the announcer spoke, Lysia watched attentively.

"So his name was Sol...huh?"

She tapped Jade's shoulder.

"Look, that guy we met is taking on the Gym. It looks like its a normal type gym. He should have an advantage."

Rowena was not that interested in the gym battle at the moment. She knew neither trainer nor the gym leader. Yeah she would like to challenge the guy, but it would be better to do something a bit more fun.

Before she could decide what that was, the screen on her pokenav, shown a little cup being held in the city they just came from. It sounded like fun. She hoped they let in late comers into the show.

"Hey guys which would you rather do, go watch the gym battle, or go and see if we can join the little cup. That is where I want to go. I would love to see if Eevee can enter. I bet she would excel in the competition."