• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Mexico Region

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Gary woke up worried and looked around. It was a normal place to wake up in, a bed, furniture, window. However he felt like something was strange. He got up and began thinking.

Where am I? This isn't my room. Why did I wake up by my- wait. I forgot... I'm in another region now. I gotta get used to waking up by myself. Wait, I'm probably late! I'm supposed to go to the Professor's laboratory today.

Unlike his usual self, Gary looked panicked and rushed to get ready before heading out. While he was on the way to his destination he began thinking of how he could've let something like that happen, annoyed at his mistake. Eventually he reached lab and was even more saddened by the amount of people already there.

Damn, I'm even later than I thought. Well at least there are some Pokémon left.

He went towards Prof. Poncho and looked down in shame.

"Please excuse my tardiness, I'm not normally so... irresponsible. Would it still be alright for me to get a starter Pokémon?"

Color her surprised, but Lysia didn't expect Chimchar to stop Sicily by...grabbing her. But...that worked too!

"Sicily, light 'em up! Ember!"

Since Chimchar and trainer had paused for a moment, Lysia planned to take full advantage of it. An ember from point-blank was almost a guaranteed hit, and Lysia further hoped to stagger the Chimchar long enough to Sicily to take some more distance.

"Yes of course!" Prof. Poncho said. "Take your time! There's no rush!"

Maker watched as Chimchar fell backwards, fainted. That ember had landed a critical hit.

Maker sighed disappointed and returned Chimchar. "You did great! I made a mistake, sorry." She spoke to the Premier ball. She looked up at Lysia. "Great battle!"

"Eh..?"

Lysia was quite surprised that the Ember had put Chimchar down, but the surprise was pleasant in its own way.

"Thanks! You're not too bad yourself. You really had us on the ropes at the start."

Although elated by her victory, Lysia knew to show her opponent the proper respect they deserved for a battle well-fought and, of course, her Pokemon as well. Sicily had earned herself a few affectionate pats on the head, and if Lysia could find a set of equipment at the next Pokemon center, Sicily would've earned herself a freshly backed Poffin as well.

Turning to Jade, she threw up her hand for a high-five. All that was left would be to collect their pokeballs; she thought she'd heard the voice of the professor while they were battling, and figured everyone was finally here.

JadeStar

Previously The Pikachan
Jade high fived Lysia. "We did it! You were awesome! Let's go get our Pokedex!"

Jade ran inside and looked for her trainer card. When she found it she was amazed by the different Pokeballs.

"This is so cool! I can't wait to use these!" Jade picked up her Pokedex. "It's so simple looking, but so neat!" She went over and personalized her trainer card.

Jade waited on Lysia, wanting to ask where she would be going next.

“Nice battle!” Sol cheered from the sidelines. He was a little disappointed they lost but he knew each side gave it their all, next time he wouldn’t lose. He decided to return Tyrogue to his cherish ball before the small fighting Pokémon had a chance to throw a fit over their defeat.
“So, what’s next for everyone? I wanna complete the gym challenge.”

Maker rushed inside and obtained her things. She was excited to start and didn't want to waste time looking through things she could look at during her travel. She walked back to Sol.
"I'm heading to Sports City! Catch a few battles before going to the next thing" Maker spoke proudly. "We have to get better and maybe catch a Pokemon or two before challenging any Gym. Oh wait!" She ran back and approached Sylvia. "Hi! Sorry to ditch you suddenly, ready to go?" She noticed Rowena. "Hi! Who are you?"

Maker noticed Nate again and waved to him. "Hi!"

Last edited:
Lysia chose a light-purple Pokedex, bordering on lilac, before she set about customizing her trainer card. She didn't return Sicily to her pokeball, instead, she allowed the Cyndaquil to take its real place, stuffed inside her sweater.

"The Gym challenge sounds nice, but first, I think I'd like to catch some more Pokemon. I'm going to look around and see what I can find before taking on the gym."

Speaking of catching pokemon, she still needed some Pokeballs! She remembered the professor had said he'd provide Pokeballs right after everyone was here. She picked up 3 Pokeballs, as well as Tm 73 Thunder Wave. It seemed she'd earned the TM for being a go-getter, and starting a battle! She assumed Jade, as well as their two opponents, had gotten Tms as well...but she'd find out later.

Nate noticed a girl that said 'Hi!' and wanted to also say hi, but then another dude started talking to her about if she wanted to travel with him like out of nowhere. Nate rolled his eyes and looked away, disappointed. "It's fine." He thought, clearly not fine. "If someone does want to travel with me, they'll just come say hi. If not, then I'll just venture alone..." He sighed and hoped that someone will come to him.

Sylva returned to her shy nature when Maker returned and Eli showed up. She simply nodded to the question, though she did not remember what Sports City was. She did not go to the tourist places with her familia often due to how expensive it was. She knew that Maker was not talking to her then, but the girl was just so loud that Sylva had a hard time not overhearing. She looked down at Snivy, who did not look eager to go with Maker, now that the grass-snake saw that she could have a better fire-type to protect her. Sylva hoped that Maker would allow Rowena to travel with them, she got along with that girl and would rather travel with her.

Maker looked around confused and then looked at Eli. "I don't see why not. Excuse me."
She ran over to Nate. "Hi! Again. You look interesting. Want to tag along? Of course you do!" She didn't wait for a reply. She waved at Rowena's group. "This guy is coming too!" She dragged Nate over to the group. "So, want to check out Sport City? There's these drinks for Pokemon and I wanted to buy Chimchar one."

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Paige got to her feet, as her new Pichu promptly climbed onto her shoulder. She laughed, smiling at her new partner.
"Okay Pichu... Pichu. That's not really a name. Can I call you... Jolt?"
She got a proper nod. "Pi."
Smiling, Paige caught up with the group of trainers, after grabbing her Pokedex and marvelling at the Pokeballs.
"So... I was wondering... if anyone wants to travel with me and Jolt?" Paige asked awkwardly.

Sol wasn’t one to wait around for people to come to him or try to join a group. If he was going to travel with people it would happen organically.

He ran off on his own, ending up at the route that led towards Sinaloa. Sol instantly got to work training with Tyrogue. An Alolan Rattata appeared and attacked the duo for no reason. “Counter!” He shouted and the Tyrogue narrowly avoided the bite attack, then used his knee to slam into the rat’s stomach, inflicting extremely effective fighting type damage on the normal/dark type and knocking it out.

Sol and Tyrogue continued to train like this for quite some time, swiftly defeating alolan rattata’s with fighting type moves like Mach Punch and Vacuum Wave.

Amidst the training a lone Lillipup wandered onto the scene. “It’s so cute!!!” Sol’s eyes sparkled as his gaze set on the puppy. However, the Lillipup had a bit of attitude, despite its cute appearance. The dog lunged at Tyrogue with a tackle attack, blowing him back since Sol didn’t have the heart to demand a counter attack. “Tyrogue, let’s try not to hurt it too much! Use Fake Out!” Tyrogue jumped forward and clapped his hands right near the puppy’s face, emitting a burst of wind that blew the Pokémon back and caused it to flinch. Sol seized the opportunity to capture the Pokémon in its dazed state, hurling a pokeball directly at it. After a few moments of rocking, the pokeball clicked and confirmed that Sol had just captured his first wild Pokémon. “We did it Tyrogue! Our first wild Pokémon!” Sol cheered as he lifted Tyrogue up, repeatedly tossing Tyrogue into the air and catching him.

After settling down, Sol went over to retrieve the pokeball, only to notice it was no longer there. “What’s going on!? Did it roll away!?” Sol and Tyrogue began frantically searching the ground for the Lillipup’s pokeball.

Out of the corner of his eye Sol noticed a Fletchling perched on a tree not far from where the battle took place. The Fletchling was holding a small red and white spear in its beak, it had stolen the Lillipup!

“Tyrogue, Vacuum Wave!” Sol shouted as he pointed in the direction of the Fletchling.

Tyrogue jumped and immediately preformed a round house kick, sending a vacuum wave through the air that shot rapidly towards the robin Pokémon.

The wave connected and knocked the Fletchling back, clearly injuring it and forcing it to drop the pokeball it was holding in its beak. The angered bird flew towards Tyrogue with its beak glowing in a peck attack that hit Tyrogue in the stomach, sending him shooting backwards into a tree.

“Ugh.” He groaned, Sol knew it would be difficult to catch a flying type with his fighting type, but he deeply desired to win so the two could balance out each other’s weaknesses. “Mach Punch!” He shouted as Tyrogue’s fist flew blue and he charged towards the Fletchling as fast as he could.

Fletchling responded by using quick attack, flying towards Tyrogue and leaving a streak of white behind it. The two speedy attacks collided and sent both Pokémon tumbling backwards. Tyrogue slowly struggled to regain his footing, clearly looking injured, while the Fletchling had passed out, fainted. Sol seized the opportunity and threw a Pokeball at the downed bird. It rattled once, twice, three times, and then clicked, confirming Sol had captured his second Pokémon of the day.

“Way to go Tyrogue! You’re amazing, we’re two for two!” He shouted as he ran over to Tyrogue, hugging him tight. “Our journey is off to a great start and it’s all thanks to you! You deserve to get some rest.” Sol returned Tyrogue to his cherish ball and then walked over to the pokeball on the ground and picked it up, looking at it with pride before placing it in the front pocket of his backpack.

Sol proceeded to pick up the Lillipup’s pokeball and headed back into town, wandering around aimlessly until he eventually found the Pokémon Center and turned his Pokémon over to heal.

Nate's eyes went wide as this crazy girl suddenly grabbed his arm and dragged him. "Wait," Nate tried to protest, really confused by the situation he was in. "Wha--? But, I haven't agreed yet! Shouldn't we know each other's name first? I think it's a little inappropiate for you to make me tag along againts my own will?" But to no avail. This girl really didn't want to give up on the idea of taking him, so he let her drag him all the way to her friends. "But---I---Um---Ugh..." He couldn't think of anything else and blushed slightly as he looked away. He took a step back, not sure if he was welcome or not.

Yame watched the boy being dragged off and grinned. He followed them off, and called out to him. “Now do you really think that they are the best choice to go with? Dragging you into their world isn’t the ideal way to be traveling with someone isn’t it? Trust me, if you actually want to get somewhere on your travels, come with me.”
Yame walked off in the direction of the Pokémon fields out in the middle of nowhere, going slow so that if the boy actually decided to come with him, he could catch up. If not, he was fine with that.

Ohoho?

It seemed like their duo had bumped up to three, turning into a trio. Lysia didn't mind the new member but didn't want to drag things out at the lab for too long. She noticed that people were already moving out, in particular, the Tyrogue-trainer who'd battled with her and Jade. He had already run off, snatching a head start from the rest of their loosely connected group. Since they'd all got starters at the same time, Lysia considered them all one big batch...even if she barely knew their names.

The duo they'd battled hadn't really introduced themselves, but she'd remembered their faces, along with the faces of the other members of their batch. If they happened to meet up again, she'd be sure to get their names.

"Let's not get left behind girls, we can catch up on the way."

Calling to the two other members of her niche, Lysia headed off into the city. She could see flocks of Pidgey and Pidove flying overhead, but they were too high to catch, or, taking a step back, to even battle them. It looked like she'd need to lower her sights a bit. Taking her eyes off the sky, the next highest peaks were the leafy canopy of trees.

There, among the bracken branches, was a large white web, and inside it, a whole cluster of Spinarak. Lysia was —at first— a bit apprehensive, however, Sicily's typing and the two girls who she thought were still behind her, gave her the courage to take on the whole swarm.

"Sicily, 『Smokescreen』! Then pepper them with 『Ember』!"

She planned to confuse them at first with the smokescreen, before hitting them with a super-effective ember. Her secondary objective was also to get rid of their web. The group would be far less dangerous without their webs to skitter across.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Paige followed behind Lysia quickly, her short hair bobbing up and down. Her eyes widened when Lysia had her partner attack an entire swarm of Pokemon.
What is she thinking?
"Uh... Jolt, use.. Thunder Shock!" she tried, unsure of what her starter could do.
Fortunately for her, the gambit paid off. Jolt leaped into the air, before sending an electric shock at the Bug Pokemon.

Sol had collected his healed Pokémon and stocked up on healing items and pokeballs at the market stand before he began wandering around the city, hoping to find a place called sport city that he had heard some of the other trainers mention. An erupting battle between two of the girls and some wild spinarak peaked his interest. “Hey guys!” He announced, “Need any help?”

Last edited:
"Um guys we need to start heading out. It seems everyone else has already gotten a head start on us." Rowena wanted to leave the group to go after the others, but she did not want to leave Sylva behind. She had become protective of the girl.

Eevee however had gotten impatient and ran out of the lab. Rowena looked a little shocked as she had not done that in a long time. "Sorry guys I have to go see what has gotten into Eevee."

Rowena rushed out of the lab and follwed her pokemon. Only to find her being attacked by a caterpie. "Eevee use tackle!" Eevee charged at the bug type and hit. It sent Caterpie back a few feet.

The caterpie sent a string shot at eevee. Who was hit on the tail. Being hit with the string did not bode well with the normal type. She flailed around trying to get the string off her tail.

Rowena saw an opening as the caterpie watched Eevee run around and threw a pokeball at the bug type. It shock once, twice, three times, and then it clicked and stayed still. Rowena walked over to Eevee and got the string off her tail and hugged the fox pokemon. "Hey looks like we got a new friend."

"Eevee!" Eevee rushed forward and tackled Rowena in a hug. "I am glad to see you are ok with being hit. Come on lets get our new friend." With that Rowena picked up Eevee and walked over to the pokeball. Picking it up, she put it on her belt for now.

JadeStar

Previously The Pikachan
"Go King!" Jade yelled as she caught up to the girls and threw her Lureball in the air.

King landed next to the other two Pokemon. "Piplup!"

"Let´s support them King! Start with bubble!" Jade cheered her Piplup on.

"Pi PLUP" King shot a stream of bubbles towards the Spinaraks.

"The more the merrier I always say!"

Lysia agreed to the offer to assist, and there were clearly more than enough Spinarak to go around. The swarm of bugs chittered at their sudden assault. Peppered by Flames, Shocked by Thunder, Bombarded by Bubbles. Their nest had been utterly destroyed and they. were. furious!

Mandibles clicked together ominously, the scene made even creepier by the clouds of smoke that hid the Spider-pokemon from view. Without warning, a counter-assault had been launched. From high above a barrage of 『Poison Sting』came raining down on the Pokemon. Their aim was off due to the smoke, but that many Spinarak, firing that many 『Poison Sting』 were bound to hit something.

Sicily bobbed and weaved, attempting to worm her way out of the barrage of Poison Stings, however, her attempts were futile. After dodging three of the Poison Sting attacks, she was hit by the fourth, which sent her stumbling to the ground.

The Spinarak were greatly upset as the new addition to the battlefield, fletchling, easily took out one of their numbers. They turned towards the robin-pokemon, since it was now the closet toward them, and began firing ropes of 『String Shot』. The spider webs spilled over the branches of the tree, creating sticky criss-crossing nets in the air. It would be much hard for fletchling to fly around without getting caught in the webbing.

Perfectly timed, the 『Charm』 was making the Spinarak have second thoughts. Their numbers had dwindled and the opponents had only increased. A portion of the Spinarak no longer wished to fight and began to retreat. When the smoke had cleared there were only 5 Spinarak who still wished to fight, and leading them was a bold, purple Spinarak, who clacked its mandibles together, clearly challenging the trainers.

JadeStar

Previously The Pikachan
King ran around in circles avoiding the poison stings. It tripped and one just barley missed it. King puffed it´s chest, pretending that didn't happen.

"We will create the distraction while you guys attack!" Jade called out to the other trainers battling. "King! Peck attack!"

King´s beak began to glow and it rushed at the Spinaraks.

The 『Peck』landed, bringing one of the Spinarak to the verge of fainting, but it wasn't completely out of the fight yet. With the last of its energy, it attacked to capture the Fletchling with 『Constrict』, trying to hold the bird Pokemon hostage. At the same time is Swarm ability activated! Unfortunately for it, its only known bug move was String shot, however, it was perfectly adept at wrapping foes tight in silky cocoons, and that's just what it wanted to do to Fletchling.

From both its mouth and spinneret the Spinarak shot out 『String Shot』 quickly attempted to wrap the Fletchling in a spider-web cacoon.

Away from all the action, a girl with blonde hair walked towards the lab. “Oh dear, I saw a bunch of people running off awhile ago, I wonder if I’m late. I hope there is still a pokemon left for me?” She opened the door to the lab and walked in.

“Hello? I hope I’m not too late.” She saw another boy was inside the lab and walked over to join him.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Gary thanked the Professor and then went on to select his starter. He was planning on getting a Rowlet but unfortunately it had been taken by some other trainer that was there on time. He gave a sigh and made his way to the other Pokemon. One of them stood out to him, he didn't know why but he went close to the Charmander.

The Fire-type gave the trainer a curious look and then walked around him. When he finished completely going around he hesitated before stretching out his hand.

Does it want me to shake it? Huh, how interesting.

Gary took the offer and accepted the 'contract' provided to him.

"So I guess your my partner huh. Well, I don't have any issues. I'm gonna get my Pokédex now," he said, standing back up and heading to the collect his device and Pokéballs. The Charmander followed him and then the two headed to the exit when Gary noticed another trainer also came along.

"It seems I'm not the only one that was tardy. Well, I hope you enjoy your journey," he said. He then paused when he took another step.

I noticed some other trainers left in a group while I was picking my Pokémon. Maybe I should go with this girl? It would be kind of strange to leave all by myself I guess... well I have Charmander but still.

Gary turned around and looked at Anna. She seemed older than him, but that didn't bother the Alolan trainer, he preferred mature women anyways. Not that he was thinking of doing anything with the fellow trainer right off the bat.

"If you want, after getting your things and Partner... you could travel with me. I saw others doing it so it should be fine."

While the others were fighting their own battles, Lysia and Sicily were squaring off against the oddly colored Spinarak. There was a faint purple blush on Sicily’s face —she was poisoned.

Lysia knew she needed to wrap things up quickly;

“Sicily, use 『Ember』!”

Flames lit up on Sicily’s back and she belched out a volley of embers, however, the Spinarak was a tricky one, skittering behind a nearby tree that protected it from the Ember.

“You can’t hide forever Spinarak!”

The Pokemon seemed to be a haughty one, so Lysia taunted it a bit, hoping to draw it out from its hiding place. However, she’d miscalculated. When the Spinarak re-appeared it wasn’t from behind the tree, but from on top of it. The agile spider-pokemon had scaled the tree’s bark while it was out of sight, and now it rained down a volley of 『Poison Sting』 from its higher vantage point.

=========

Although the Fake Out was effective, flinching the Spinarak as well as knocking it out in the process, Sol had made one miscalculation. Spinarak's web was far stickier than he'd anticipated, and it would stick to Tyrogue's arms and body as the fighting type attempted to pull the Fletchling free.