• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Mexico Region

"Let's not get too ahead of ourselves. This is a team battle and not two 1 vs 1 battles. But...of course, we still plan to win this."

Although she cautioned her partner, Lysia still had a small grin on her face. She knew they had the type advantage, but while it would take them a long way, it wouldn't be enough to win them the fight. Teamwork was still a very important part of the battle. She carefully observed the two opposing Pokemon, Chimchar and Tyrogue, as well as King the Piplup. She felt Sicily could handle her own against either opponent, but she also needed to work together with her Jade.

"We're ready when you two are!"

“I’m Sol, nice to meet you!” He smiled at the girl. “I’ll cover the Piplup for you. After this move get ready to charge.” He smirked at Maker. “We’re good too! Let’s go Tyrogue, Fake Out!” The small humanoid Pokémon rushed forwards, jumping up in front of the Piplup and clapped it’s hands together to emit an orange shockwave that would stun and damage the penguin Pokémon. “Alright you’re up!” He said looking over at his new partner.

Sylva nodded, not wanting to tell the truth of her true feelings. She was unsure about becoming a trainer. She mostly did it so then her parents did not have to pay for her anymore. They were always running low on money. She just wanted to make them proud, however, she was not really interested in training a Pokemon. She did not like fighting, at all.

Even though she'd said she was ready, Lysia was still a bit surprised by how quickly their opponents began their assault. However, she reacted quickly, aiming to stop them in their tracks.

"Sicily, use Smokescreen!"

A stream of soot and ash erupted from Sicily's mouth, obscuring the area between the groups of Pokemon. It would be much harder to hit them if they couldn't see them. She hoped Jade would dish out some damage while the smoke was making it harder for their opponents to coordinate together.

Sylva looked at the ground. She was probably the least interesting person on the planet. Period. She thought of everything she liked doing, and it always seemed uninteresting. Some people played sports, but what did she do? Nothing. Well, that was not exactly true, but everything she did do, seemed uninteresting. She decided to answer truthfully. "I garden, and read. That's about it if you don't count helping my mom with her Pokemon." Snivy waved, uninterested.

JadeStar

Previously The Pikachan
King stumbled backwards as he was made to flinch.

"Aw no!" Jade said out loud. "Come on King shake it off!"

King tried to regain his balance but an ember came out of nowhere and hit him, knocking him down.

"Ouch! You okay? Come on you got this!"

King got back up and shook his head, tea to get back into the battle.

The scattershot of embers did indeed find their way home as Lysia saw one nail King. Another burst from the smoke, pinning Sicily, but the fire type shook it off, the flame on her back blazing even stronger in retaliation. Using the smokescreen to hide the ember truly was a good idea, but that had been Lysia's plan all along.

"Let me return the favor, Sicily, use Ember!"

A return volley of ember entered the smoke, and Lysia knew their opponents would find it just as hard to dodge.

"I love to read well. I tend to draw and paint. I have some of Eevee here if you would like to see them. You say you help your mom with her pokemon, is she like a breeder or something?" Rowena hoped she did not scare the girl off. She is one of the first to actually talk to her without running off.

Tyrogue flew out of the smoke having been hit by an ember. The Pokémon struggled to regain its footing, and it was clear Tyrogue had suffered a burn. “Heh, let’s go Tyrogue, Mach Punch!” Tyrogue flexed his muscles and let out a roar as his guts ability kicked in, raising his attack. Tyrogue’s fist flew light blue as it jumped forward as fast as it could to send a high speed punch at the dazed Piplup.

Sylva shook her head. "No, she just has a lot to do, with her two part-time jobs. I just help her with her Pokemon when she needs it." She looked down, feeling as if she was just a bore to listen to. Besides, she knew that Rowena was only talking to her to be friendly. Why else would anyone talk to a bore like her? She started to fidget with her bracelet while she held Snivy still.

"That is really sweet. My family has a ranch back in Kanto. I have helped with them all of my life. They let me come here to experience my own adventure." Rowena did not pay attention to the fidgeting that the girl was doing. To be honest Rowena thought thw girl was very nice and hoped she would go on the journey together.

JadeStar

Previously The Pikachan
"You got this King! Bubble!" Jade told her water Pokemon.

King prepare to shoot bubbles, but he was hit with a Mach punch. King cried out as he fell backwards again.

"Oh no! Again? You can do it!" Jade cheered her Pokemon on. "Go for peck!"

The Piplup struggled to his feet and charged at the Tyrogue with peck.

Jade looked over at Lydia worried. "King can't take much more! He is their main target!"

Sylva nodded. "Sometimes I wished my family could do that. But we're kinda poor. I mean, we do make it through each month, but it's a struggle sometimes." She looked at her bracelet. It was the most valuable thing she had. She always took great care of it, and always wore it. She was starting to enjoy talking to Rowena and started to believe that maybe she did not talk to her just to be friendly, but because she really was interested.

Lysia bit her lip, knowing things would end badly if she allowed their opponent to keep railing on King. She noticed as King went for a Peck attack, and immediately moved to provide back up.

"Sicily, hide King in a Smokescreen!"

Smoke swept in from behind the Piplup engulfing it and completely hiding its advance.

"Jade, we're switching. Leave Tyrogue to Sicily and me, you deal with Chimchar."

"I understand. What my family has is not normal for everyone. The ranch has been in our family for generations. It has been passed down from family member to family member. You know that is a lovely bracelet you have." Rowena smiled to let the girl know she was not making fun of her, but did want to know more about the girl.

“Counter!” Sol shouted to Tyrogue. When the Piplup emerged from the smoke, Tyrogue was hit by the full force of peck, almost knocking him out. Moments after the hit, Tyrogue grabbed King’s head and slammed down on it with a glowing orange elbow, dealing twice the damage it had just received plus the boost from his guts ability. The impressive move, however, was not a complete gain. The peck had nearly drained all of his health and the burned status kicked in, causing Tyrogue to faint. “Nice job buddy!” Sol announced as he retrieved his Pokémon, feeding it Oran and Rawst berries. “It’s all up to you now! Hopefully that was enough to at least get rid of that Piplup.” Sol smiled as he gave Maker an encouraging thumbs up.

Nate looked at the Professor as he came in and smiled. "Finally," He thought, grateful, "I can get my starter!" He walked really slowly to the Pokémon, not in any kind of rush. When he got there, he noticed that... He was the last one to come pick his Pokémon. "Note to self, rush in, push everyone out of your way and maybe get some exercise beforehand." He muttered to himself as he took a closer look at the remaining Pokémon standing. There were maybe about four Pokémon who have not been chosen, but one of them immediately caught his eye. It was the Totodile, who looked like it was on the verge of crying. Nate immediately kneeled beside him and pat his head. "What's wrong, little guy... or gal? You sad because nobody chose you?" The Pokémon, a little hurt that this random human just reminded her of that. "You know what?" Nate continued. "I think I'll be the one who will be choosing you! You're really cute." He began tickling her with one finger. The Totodile laughed, then bit his finger out of joy. "Ow!!!... Does that mean that you want to come with me?" The Big Jaw Pokémon nodded, which really made Nate's finger hurt. "Um, realease me?" Totodile slowly opened her jaw and he began kissing his finger. "We're gonna have to work on that." He got Totodile's Lure Ball and put it in his pocket. He looked at the other Pokémon. "Sorry, guys. Better luck with the next trainer." He scooped up Totodile and craddled her in his arms. He got to his feet and looked around, a little lost. "...So, what now?"

Yame watched the others pick up their pikemin and go out to battle. They were fools. Didn’t they even know the basics of Pokémon battling? When you first get a Pokémon it has the same power as others. You can’t have a level advantage over them, and the only advantages you will have is with super-effective moves. He shook his head in disappointment.
“Professor, how many more trainers do we got before the Pokédex?” Yame asked.

Sylva smiled. " Gracias, my Abuela gave this to me, as did hers and hers. I think it dated back to when my family were popular grass-type trainers." She laughed a bit. "Which was many years ago." She smiled at Snivy, who still looked uninterested. While it was true that Snivy did choose her, it seemed that Snivy was not ready to put her trust in her new trainer. Sylva did not say anything to her grass-snake, but she did frown with worry.

"That is so sweet. I only have one thing of my grandma's with me at the moment. It is this choker I am wearing. The charm is off of a bracelet she had. The chain on the bracelet broke, so I put the charm on this. I love how it looks, but I do wish the bracelet did not break." Rowena had a smile on her face. She was right the girl was very shy. Glad to see the girl come out of her shell, Rowena thought that it might be fun to travel with someone.

Maker nodded at Sol and looked ahead at the smokescreen. "Okay Chimchar, let's do this! Make fun of him!"

Chimchar backed away from the smokescreen and began jumping up and down, making noises as if making fun of the Cyndaquil. It was a bad version of taunt.

Prof. Poncho was watching the battle when he realized it was time to give out the Pokedexes. He raised his hand to get everyone's attention.
"Listen up! It's time to get your journey started." He pressed a button under a desk and a big container opened. On the container there was a different Pokedex for each trainer, along with their trainer cards. The Pokedex were very modern looking, they had a rectangular shape, with round ages and the entire surface was a touch screen. They were red and on the back had a Pokeball design and four different cameras. Along with each Pokedex, there were three pokeballs, two greatballs, one ultraball, one fast ball, one heavy ball, one love ball and a moonball.
"Those computers over there, allow you to personalize your trainer cards. I wish you all well and can't wait to see what Pokemon you will all catch!"

Last edited:

JadeStar

Previously The Pikachan
"No King!" Jade shouted as her Piplup fell to the floor unconscious. "Aw we barley got to show off our skills!" Jade looked upset, King only got two moves off, and had been ganged up on.

She returned King into his LureBall. "It's okay King, we will become stronger!" She turned her attention to Lysia. "It's on you now!"

Sylva nodded. Then looked behind her and listened to the professor. Seemed as if everyone was occupied with the battle. Snivy jumped down and pointed at the Pokedex's, wanting her to start out first. Sylva sighed, only giving in halfway. She picked up her trainer card, Pokedex, and Pokeballs, customized the background, pocketed everything, picked up Snivy again, then walked back next to Rowena. "So, what do you help your family with your ranch?"

Rowena smiled at Sylva and how her pokemon seemed to bring her out of her comfort zone. Walking over to the table, she picked up her pokeballs and pokedex and rearranged them into her bag. She was glad to see that more then just pokeballs were given. Though she had some of her own, it did not hurt to stock up on more.

Walking back to the girl and Snivy, Rowena answered her question. "Well you see my family is made up of pokemon breaders. We help to raise pokemon and bring in new generations of pokemon. I helped by feeding the pokemon and making sure they were clean and happy."

"I've got it."

With King and Tyrogue out of battle, it was down to the fire types to settle things. While her opponent took the time to use taunt, Lysia decided to dish out some more damage.

"Sicily, use Ember!"

Deciding to keep her range, Lysia ordered another barrage of embers. She would take this slowly and steadily, whitling her opponent down.

Nate heard the Professor's call and rushed to him, ready to get his PokeDex. He kneeled beside the container and got his things. The one aspect that caught his eye was... not the PokeDex, not the Trainer Card, but the different kind of PokéBalls he got only for being there and choosing a companion. "My gosh!" He muttered to himself. "I don't even know what half of these do!" He got up and showed his little Pokémon companion the things he got. He put them away and looked at all the other trainers, wondering if he should talk to them or not. He decided no, so he just took a step back and waited for someone to come to him.

Sol walked away from the battle to go retrieve the gear. “Thank you very much!” Sol was extremely grateful for the opportunity and gave an over exaggerated bow before grabbing his share of equipment. “Woah this stuff is awesome!” His eyes sparkled as he put all the new stuff in his back pack and returned to watch the battle.

Yame went up, and collected his things. He quickly customized the trainer card, making it black and white, and grunted as he saw the Pokeballs that had been laid before him. He knew what all of them did. Heck he wasn’t new to this. He put the items in his bag and looked over his Pokédex. Torchic was already logged in.
The small bird chirped gleefully.
Yame grinned.
He went back to his spot and silently watched the other trainers.

"Okay Chimchar! Fight back with Ember!" Maker called out to her partner Pokemon.

Chimchar fired a shot if ember, but was over powered by the Cyndaquil and hit Chimchar. The monkey Pokemon took a few steps back and shook his head.

"Okay now Chimchar, if we can't win with Ember, then scratch!" Maker told her Pokemon.

The Chimchar rushed at Cyndaquil, jumped in the air and prepare to attack Cyndaquil.

Lysia was pleased to see that they'd won the quick clash of fire-type moves, it vindicated her choice to keep her distance. However, realizing that she had the advantage, their opponent sought to close the distance. Chimchar was fast, leaping through the air with monkey-like agility, and launched a flurry of scratches. The little monkey's claws raked over Sicily's face, sending the fire-mouse staggering.

"Sicily, retaliate! Use Tackle!"

As the flaming mouse staggered backward, she steadied herself, digging in and launching herself head-first in an attempt to tackle the Chimchar to the floor.