• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Magpie's art

=0! So cute ~

Not clean my butt. D=< Your lineart is fantastic~ I really love your shading as well. It doesn't overcomplicate things and makes it just adorable to look at.

The hair on Secad's request is awesome. =D Getting the hang of hair, I see. =3

Keep it up, Magpie~​

Ahhhhh, I love them! Thank you!

They all look really awesome but I have to say Amphin is my favorite, I love his pose. And I really really like the bottoms of Kangather and Koalight's feet. Thanks again!

Wow! You're really good! If you don't mind I would like to request a group shot. :)

Lucario with blue eyes. Determined and normally either smirking (X-X) or glaring. A timid Luxray beside a brave Absol. A shiny Umbreon, an angry looking Houndoom, and an amused Mightyena...

If that even makes sense. X-X

Spudah! Espeon's eyes are FTW and the rest of them are cute as well. Aipom is definitely really close to the original, I loves it.
And I just gotta say that you did a wonderful job on Virgil's starters. They're so adorable, and the feet do look great on Kangather and Koalight.​

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Sami ~ I was thinking your drawing when I did the hair XD

Virgil ~ I'm glad you like them. Amphin was my least favourite before I drew him, but my favourite when I'd finished. I had no idea how he was going to fit in with the others, until I read your description about his little legs XD
So I'm glad you like his pose, I was worried it would be incorrect.

Killian ~ I'll do my best with your request, though for a large group shot it make take me a little while.

Rayn ~ Thanks for the lovely comments. I'll get round to drawing Rayn some day, along with a Solrock for LoN XD

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Well, I actually had very little to do today, so meh...

killianteam.png

I hope that captures some of the personality somewhat. I'm most pleased with Mightyena ^^
Luxray looks more surprised than timid... but with those serious looking eyes that was the best I could do XD

Oh my God, it's perfect! Thank you so much! I love it! They all look amazing, but my fave's probably Mitsuki(Umbreon)... Either that or Saimia(Mightyena)!

Thanks you!

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Woah, Magpie. You just keep getting more and more impressive with each new post.

Not only did this latest group shot turn out incredibly detailed, you had the request filled in record time. I'm really impressed by that alone. Otherwise, I love the bunched feel of that group shot and all the different poses and expressions you managed to pull off. It really does a great job at giving all of the Pokemon individual personalities. Nicely done coloring and shading as usual, too.

Now I'm even more curious about something... Do you have any sort of rules for requests, Magpie, or do you generally just take them as they interest you?

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Thanks for the wonderful comments ^^

Rules? I've been thinking about editing my main post actually, to incorporate a couple. I generally don't have any rules about what you can request, because I'm happy to give stuff a go and I enjoy the challenge.

*Goes to edit first post*

C

Celadon

I really liked your team shot. The Mightyena was perfectly cute. Actually, that is the first time I have seen Mightyena look so cute.:3

Keep up the good work! :)

C

Celadon

Ok, you said new members can request something simple, so here:
Can you make a picture of the boy below in the same pose with a flames (or similar) background? Just make him face the other side, though. Same clothes.
Please make it avatar size.

-screenshot removed by Celadon-​

Thank you in advance.

EDIT: Screenshot removed, because my original request was rejected and it no longer served a purpose here.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Celadon, I've sent you a PM about your request

Buneary-Boy ~ I only do Team pictures for members I know. Please read my first post for the explanation. Sorry about that.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Buneary Boy, please try to use basic grammar in your posts.

And maybe it's just me, but the fact that you requested pics from Magpie without even giving constructive feedback to the thread itself (or reading her request rules fully through) seems a little... rude. I'm sure people don't mind the requests, but it's nice to show appreciation for the time and effort they've put into their work, too. Just a thought >>;

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Thanks Secad ^^

My request status is now closed, I just realised how many I have to do ^^;

Celadon ~ Thanks for removing the picture, that was thoughtful ^^
I'll get working on your new request as soon as I'm able.

And Buneary Boy, I'll happily draw you a Buneary, just please in future read the first post in an art thread ^^

*Hugs Linkachu*

A few ^^s have been abused in this post XD

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
I know requests are closed, but I'd like to put one in by advance for when you have the time and inclination. ^^

Your team shots are gorgeous - almost anime picture quality (though, not as absolutely line-perfect as the anime style images come up with, if I were to make a criticism), so it'd be pretty awesome if you did one for one of my teams - Bayleef, Charizard, Electivire, Magmortar, Feraligatr and Lucario.

If you get around to it, lemmie know - I might miss it if you just post here, I don't generally check the submission forums that often. Thanks. :D

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
No problem, Alex ^^

Here are a couple of the requests I've done ~

For SoarKiari:

absoldark.png

I realise that he isn't black and white, but Absol seems more blue and white to me. I went for a happy medium.
So here's your inverted Absol ^^

For Celadon:

huntail.png

And an Avatar-sized version with a whirlpool background.

huntailavi.png

C

Celadon

It looks so darn cute!
I am going to put it in my avvie/sig as soon as possible!

Thank you!!! :)

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
I'm glad you like it, Celadon ^^

For Aura ~

aura.png
aurapur.png

Edit: I just realised you wanted him with a purple aura, so now you get both XD

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Wow. Aside from a few line-art touch-up issues (just a bit shaky along the arms, bottom of the tail, and legs), this picture looks great. The coloring and shading is very close to being spot-on with Anime style art, and the image/pose of Riolu itself is just really cute ^^

A two-for-one deal with the auras, lol. Nice one, Magpie XD

Looking at the two, I think the purple aura does the picture more justice. Very striking against Riolu's blue body =O

[quote author=Silver Magpie link=topic=4295.msg87997#msg87997 date=1233013711]
No problem, Alex ^^

Here are a couple of the requests I've done ~

For SoarKiari:

absoldark.png

I realise that he isn't black and white, but Absol seems more blue and white to me. I went for a happy medium.
So here's your inverted Absol ^^

Thank you Silver Magpie thankyou very much and the colour is fine. Its beautiful thanks again.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Linkachu ~ Heh, I just got a new mouse so I was a bit wobbly. I was hoping no one would be able to tell the difference but not much seems to get past you XD *Hugs*

Hopefully I'll adapt to the new mouse quickly ^^

Aura and SoarKiari ~ I'm glad you both like them ^^

Shado ~ Darn, I was hoping no one would notice the Dragonball Z-ish element... guess my current obsession filtered through XD

For Shado :D

shado.png

I tried to make Froslass look as ghostly as possible. There is some shading on her, but it's very subtle.
*Kills Drapion's difficult Lineart*

(The glowy thing can be removed if you'd like. It looked better on Photoshop... or at least I thought it did)

Both of them look really great, Drapion especially. And I think the glowy thing looks good. I'm not a huge fan of either of those Pokemon, but they look awesome when you draw them. :)

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Thanks Virgil ^^

Now, I must say I'm pretty proud of this one ^^

Alexteam.png

If Lucario is too much up there let me know and I'll place him elsewhere. I just couldn't resist... plus all your team members are pretty big, so space was an issue XD

Magpie, please.

Stop being so awesome at drawing. I especially love Alex's team shot, though if you are looking for a bit of critisicm,

Lucario does look a bit.....off being up above Charizard like that, but I wouldn't change it. It's still amazing.

Very very very awesome, Magpie. :D I love all of them, even Magmortar and Electivire, who are two of my least favorite Pokemon ever. Their poses make them look fierce, rather than ugly. I love how Bayleef is just sitting amidst all the action screaming. Lucario's always getting attention in one place or another, so I like that he's kinda hidden, giving the others a chance to be noticed.

It's hard to choose which one looks best, but I'm gonna say Charizard. I like all his little lines. You're so good at drawing. :p

The team shot for Alex looks awesome. Like awesome awesome. Like how Lucario is on Charizard's back. Like win.

As for Froslass and Drapion, win. And like, Drapion looks like, spectacular. Like how accurate it is.

So, like, total win Magpie.

Also, like has been overused. Don't mind the extra likes.

Stunning work as always Magpie. Charizard-surfing Lucario is made of awesome there ^^ You should really try smudging the edges of the shadow.I've noticed its one of the finer qualities of Sugimori art. I think it can be emulated well in your artwork.

... I should probably get a ticket for the next bout of requests... 'cuz you keep on improving. I love all the requests you've done so far, especially Doc's team shot. Charizard surfing Lucario is epical win, and I loves the Feraligatr. And you've managed to Electrivire and Magmotar look great (*Hates them*).​

...I could have SWORE I posted. >>

I agree with Virgil [for once], the glowing thing that Froslass is holding/manipulating, it looks fine.

I love Lucario's pose on the team shot, as he's riding Charizard!

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
As always, thanks everyone for the wonderful comments. They mean a lot to me ^^

For Linkachu ~

snorlaxfoot.png

*Phew* I had a few problems with this one, mainly size-related. Because I started with Steelix, it meant that when I came to draw/colour the smaller Pokemon, like Ivysaur, that detail was hard to achieve due to the pixels... hopefully it isn't too noticeable. You have a very varied team Linkachu XD

The transparent, or should I say Translucent part of Heracross' wings came out better than I thought it would. As did Steelix. The only thing I'm not too sure about is Charizard's eye. No matter what I did, it looked wrong. The current one looked fine in photoshop, but now I'm thinking it's a little bit too big...

So if you want anything changing, Linkachu, including another attempt at the eye, just let me know ^^

EDIT ~ Almost forgot, Buneary Boy, I haven't forgotten about your request, in fact I'd done it. But I installed Leopard onto my Mac the other day and it disappeared completely

Snorlax! yeah I can see the size issue most of those are humongous! Raichu looks adorable and I like the poses for everone. Steelix looks great and craggy there too.

Great work Magpie!