• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Magpie's art

I am so sorry, Magpie, for not commenting earlier. The dragon is gorgeous! You are very good at drawing Asian dragons. The only dragons I can draw well are quadreped Western ones. I love the color palette, too. It reminds me of sunset.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Oh I am very sorry for that, I didn't knew that you didn't like criticism. I really don't want to encourage you, you are really a good artist and I thought that you wanted to get better =(
I am very sorry if I was too harsh for you really.

No no, I like criticism and what you said helped me to fix a couple of details. So thank you. Your criticism helped ^^

Midnight and Secad ~ Thanks so much for the lovely comments ^^

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Requested by Cody ~

cody2.png

Hope you like it Cody ^^

Photoshop went a bit funny towards the end, it may be on it's way out again *Cries*

*glances around a bit before hug-pouncing Magpie*

It's epic. Thank you sosososososososososo much. It's funny though, when I pictured it during the request 'n' such, Absol was laying down with Tauros sitting. But they all look awesome in these poses. Especially love Totodile's little "TA-DAAAAAA"

Coming to a sig near you - soon.

Thank you Magpi- I mean, Manectric Lover > 9000!

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
9001! XD

Funnily enough, my original idea was Absol laying and Tauros standing, but with the size difference between them, Absol didn't have much room with Chimchar and Totodile in front. With him sat up you can see him more, and Tauros is large enough to be seen when laying. So yeah, that's the reason XD

Awesome as always Magpie. Looks awesome, as usual. Love the pose choices you used for Absol and Totodile.

Chimchar's expression is so amusing. So swell.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
*Pets the Absol* Pretty creature... You always look cool, don't you? The fur seems all shiny due to the shading. ^^

The Totodile/Chimchar poses greatly amuse me, too. I can just picture Totodile telling some sort of joke in an overly excitable Totodile way. Chimchar is either genuinely amused or humoring the crazy croc xD

Cute pic, Magpie ^^

MY ABSOL!!! *pounces*

The Totodile looks like it's pretending to be some kind of demon or ghost of doom, Chimchar's laughing at the patheic attempt, and Absol and Taurus are watching, completly unamused.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
For Midnight ~

drift.png

Why?
1. Because patience and perseverance should be rewarded
2. Because she'd awesome
3. To say thanks for a certain Shiny ^^
4. Congrats on Shiny Drifloon!

A couple of 'sketch' marks are visible, but other than that I likes it ^^

Yes, Fire, Magpie made that, just like every other piece of artwork featured on this thread.

It is her thread, after all.

Anyway, amazing job Magpie. Your art always astounds me.

It looks very awesome Magpie. Personally, I have run out of comments and adjectives to use now. Maybe I'll find a new word to use when you post more are for us to see.

Excellent job as usual by the way.

ONOES Middy's got herself an army of Ghost Balloons. I am loving the glint on the Shiny Drifblim, Magpie. Really gives it a golden touch.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Thanks everyone ^___^

Just a very quick doodle ~

charmsday.png

~HAPPY POKECHARMS DAY!!!~

Very sketchy lineart there, because I hurt my hand yesterday and it won't draw so well XD
+ Worst looking balloon ever XD

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
That would have been a really good idea... just shows my mind isn't as epically awesome as yours XD

You hurt your hand and you can still draw amazingly well? I envy you, Magpie.

I love the Bayleef! The balloon and wink were very nice, cute touches.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Thanks Secad ^^

My hand's not too bad now. Part of the reason for the hurting is right here ~

gar2.png

gar1.png

Meet Landroval, my Gargoyle that I made out of clay ^^
He was a pain to make, but I loves him. He's now the guardian of my room, in true Gargoyle fashion. The feather in his ear is a (European) Jay feather, from the flash of blue they have on their wings. I walk in the woods often and find lots of nice and unusual feathers. I make Dreamcatchers out of them occasionally, but I digress...

And here's a bit more painting ~

tiger.png

Scanner completely nuked the detail, he even looks a little fuzzy to me, but I tried three times and this one was the least nuked

:o

I don't have words for how good and awesome this is. Please tell me you put this gargoyle in a kiln, it is way too good to become mushy and disgusting!

The tiger is amazing! The color choices and shading were amazing, and I have no idea how you and your awesomeness can cope with how good this painting is.

*faints from Magpie's awesomeness*

*dies from her awesomeness*

Your Gargoyle is so cute, it makes me want one (though I've nowhere to put it). You're also very good at doing animals and painting, the tiger looks great. (Grrrreat! If you get the reference...)

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Please tell me you put this gargoyle in a kiln, it is way too good to become mushy and disgusting!

Yes, he was placed in a kiln. And then spray painted to look stone-ish. I did him in a Ceramic workshop thingy. For smaller things, I tend to use air-drying clay, which solidifies rather well. But larger just needs to kiln to be sure.
Thanks for the lovely comments ^^

Thanks Tatile. You know, I haven't seen Tony on TV for a while... hmmm.

They very adorable Charmy-Bayleef is very adorable. I love the cut on his leaf, rather than put a whole clover on his forehead, you got it so it didn't have to be so obvious.
Man, cool gargoyle. Landroval looks like a great guardian for anywhere. I love his face, it looks so genuine.
And I love the tiger. I couldn't tell it was watercolors, I thought it was like pastels/acrylics or something like that. But that just makes him that much more cooler.​

Totally adoring the cut in Bayleef's leaf. The line art also looks great, considering if you that with a sore hand.

The clay figurine/statute/whatever you want to call it is awesome. Love your taste in design.

As for the painting, the details look gorgeous, even if they got nuked by the scanner. Also, I didn't think those were water colours. I personally thought that they were watered-down acrylic paints. The tiger is quite impressive itself. Your painting skills are also extraordinary.

dang, that is a slick-looking Gargoyle, Magpie. I wish I could have some sort of lovely sculpture to grace my desk D:

The Tiger is lovely. And the fact that its Watercolor on Black Paper astounds me D: I'm an advocate of the washed technique so coming up with something like this is a tad difficult for me. Simply marvelous, Magpie.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Thanks for the lovely comments everyone ^^
*hugs you all*

I'm an advocate of the washed technique so coming up with something like this is a tad difficult for me.

I'm the complete opposite XD

Using watercolours properly is beyond me, they never come out right. Thus I stopped using them properly and used them my way, which involves very little water ^^

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Late to reply, but am doing so anyways XD

w00t for the Charms Day Bayleef! Makes me want to yell "HAPPY BELATED POKECHARMS DAY!" because I didn't get the chance to do so around here this year D:

I love the face on that gargoyle, but I'm more amused now by yet another art form you're good with. Digital, sketching, painting, and now sculpting... What else does our Magpie dip into? I'd be curious to see anything outta you :3

As its been said above, gorgeous tiger. The line art is very nice (looks like a proper tiger ^^), and the watercolor job is wonderful to see. All the different colors and tones... It turned out really good. The tiger has a cute nose ^-^

Wow, magpie, I apologize for not visiting 'Charms in so long and not commenting in this blossoming thread!

Well, since the last time I commented there have been ... many ... comments and posts. So, I had to go browse through the whole thing and it is...
Marvelous.
I think that you're little team shots are really cool, and that you, seems to me, are improving a great deal.
I especially admire the air dragon, some pages back, I think. It is superbly executed, and I LOVE it. I also thought that your painting with Poochyena and Buizel in it was really good as well.

Great work, Magpie. I promise to visit more often.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
I love the face on that gargoyle, but I'm more amused now by yet another art form you're good with. Digital, sketching, painting, and now sculpting... What else does our Magpie dip into? I'd be curious to see anything outta you :3

I think that's everything XD
I used to do loads of watercolour pencil drawings, but I rarely do anymore. I don't even have any older pictures to post up either, because I've no idea where they've gone. I may have a search for them. The only other thing I've tried is oil pastels, which I fail at. Thanks though, your comments made me smile ^___^

I think that you're little team shots are really cool, and that you, seems to me, are improving a great deal.

Thanks very much, 4pikachu4, though I don't think I can take all the credit for my improvements. What's been said by the good members of 'Charms have helped me the most ^^

:o

This is amazing, Magpie. The Pokemon World finally has a university, higher education! Woot! Yay!

Thank you for making this dream a reality. I will worship any more universities that come to your mind.

The crest is wonderfully designed, well-drawn, and the coloring doesn't hurt my eyes, don't worry.

Woah, Johto Crest looks amazing. The colors look nice, they don't hurt my eyes, but I wasn't working on it for a while. :p
I like the sparkly parts on it, looks interesting and I just like sparkly things... The four of them look really nice together and none of their personal elements overpower any other.
Great work on this one. (Thumbs up.)​

:O It's so good!

I love the shading on Entei's little head thing, and the little banner part on the bottom looks very nice. I'd attend Johto University just for one of those badges.

Swickedly Sweet Magpie.

I love the crest's details and how you arranged it. It looks fabulous. The design is quite ingenious, having the Legendary Trio with Ho-oh in the center. Quite ingenious.

That came out stupendously! ^^ I remember discussing this with Cody in chat and you nailed it pretty well. Great job!

Aura, I guess I can answer that, since I requested it xD

It's meant to be a crest for the University of Johto. They chose not ton incorporate Lugia into the crest when it was first designed, because Lugia has very little, if anything, to do with the myths pertaining Ho-oh and the legendary beasts.

That's pretty awesome. The way it's laid out is aesthetically perfect with Ho-oh in the middle and the three legendary dogs on the outset.