• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Magpie's art

Neat little sigil there, Magpie. Although Entei seems to overwhelm the balance between the three beasts, but since Ho-Oh is also a fire Type, I can see the interpretation is actually suitable. Awesome historical reference, and as always, the lineart is superb

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I keep looking at this and not replying. Not because I don't find it awesome - I do! But because I'd look at it and think "That's frelling awesome!" and didn't know what else to say... XD

Lessee, why it's awesome for me... I just love how the Pokemon merge together to create the crest. It looks as natural as it is stunning. I could easily imagine it up as an actual crest for a Pokemon University.

Great work, Magpie. As always, can't wait for your next pic ^^

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
munchlax.png

*Demands a Munchlax egg*

Wow, your art is really amazing, I love the Johto Crest you drew, the lines one it are so smooth and so are the colors, as well as vibrant. 8D
lol The most recent one you did is very epic, because you know everyone needs a Diglett. Munchlax are so hard for me to get my hands on... I wish I had one now.
Anyways, keep up the awesome work because I want to see more of your art as well. C:

Rai, I hate you for replying before I could! D:<
I'm joking, by the way.

But, Magpie, that's adorable xD E
Especially how Munchlax looks just...clueless and staring beyond. You captured the look perfectly. I think only an apple in the had\mouth could have made it more adorable xD
Also loving the purple fumes for some reason.... xD

Lolololololol. It's so true, there's way too many Diglett eggs and not enough of everything else. I like the way Munchlax is just being held there and he's staring off into the distance. :D it's cute.

Interesting style you have, it looks different from your other stuff, but I like it. :)

If I see any Munchlax eggs you'll be the first I tell :3

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Interesting style you have, it looks different from your other stuff, but I like it

It's how I used to draw comics for my friends ages ago... my style just never really changed. It's a nice simple style, that works rather well for expressions and stuff. The eyes are based off a toy cat I used to have when I was little XD

Thanks for all the nice comments everyone ^^

Oh Magpie, you're so silly =D

Humorous comic indeed. Although I think the ridiculous amounts of Diglett have something more to do with it being a viable partner for any Ground type and its readily available. If for some reason I ever encounter one I shall alert you to its presence :D

As I looked at the crest you made, all I could think that was semi-intelligible was "Holy cow." The shading is great, the layout was just perfect, and I just love the sparkles. They really make it quite real. You make this look so easily.

Now as for the comic, it's just utterly cute. At some point in their game, I think everyone can see themselves as the poor, depressed breeder. Now I want a Munchlax...

I can't wait to see more of your work!

Heh, this little bit made me laugh. This comic just makes the stress of breeder a little funnier. The style suits the tone, too, being light and comical.

Can I have a Diglett, too?