• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Magpie's art

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Thanks Virgil. I must say that I've never been overly keen on Spinda, probably because I don't like Pandas so much *is shot*

Sami, I'm so glad you like it, like I said in chat ^^
Psychotic Spinda = Win

The Psychotic Spinda is amazing! :o

I love the expression. Don't think the chainsaw is horrible, though, 'cause I am horrible at drawing. That chainsaw is not 'fail', but 'win'.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Sami gets the credit for Psychotic Spinda, 'tis her creation ^^

I was looking at my image of the Stel plush, and I thought it might be fun to do a few other 'Charms members in a similar way. When I logged on this morning, I figured I'd take the two first member names I saw. Here is the result...

pluahkin.png

It's King of Lucario, in plushie form XD
I don't know if he visits the Artworks forum, but what the hell. He's got a little patch because as with all soft toys that are hugged too much, parts fall off (In the case, the spike coming from his chest)

pluahpix.png

And Sami, drawn of course as Pixeity... with a mini Psychotic Spinda Plush XD
I tried to do a mini, mini plush of Nibbles, but to no avail. Sorry Sami.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Wow, I must say I like my Plushie Forme quite a lot. Thanks! ;D

Plushies! =D I love both of them, the stitches and patches make them look like they've been loved a lot. And the mini plush is cute too.​

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
I'm glad you all liked the pushies! I may do more one day. But for now, back to actual Pokemon!

arcanine2.png

A request from Mr. Scyther, for a proud-looking Arcanine. He looks a little proud, but I think Arcanine is a proud-looking Pokemon anyway, so I've done him in quite a normal pose, just looking upwards at the clouds.

I hope you like it, Mr. Scyther. I did try to get some steps to show you, but seriously they're aren't any XD
It's just line-art and then coloured on Photoshop. Sorry ^^;

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Arcanine! ^____^

The line-art looks a bit awkward in some places (most notably the feet), but overall a very cute image. I think it looks proud indeed :D

I like how you handled the shading for its mane, hair, and tail, too. Very nicely done ^^

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
^^

I really struggled with the feet. No matter what I did, they just didn't look right. It annoys me actually, because they're so simple. My mind wants to complicate them, so I guess the annoyance filtered through into the drawing XD

I've re-done his feet and posted the new image, but it still looks awkward. Alas.

;D OMG i love it! its soooooooo good. thanks. by line art do you mean that you just did it by hand then uploaded it to the comp and then used photoshop?

Thanks again, matt ;) x

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
I'm glad you like it ^^

I mean I just draw it with the mouse, straight into photoshop. No pencils involved.
I'm lazy, so I rarely sketch something first XD

You have very good control with your mouse then, I thought you used a tablet :p Very nice peice once again, the mane and tail parts look great and the overalll shading is lovely :d

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
I think my days of having nothing but the Windows 98 version of Paint may have done it, that or earning my Degree in Design anyway ;D

Thanks for the comments, I'm quite fond the the shading on his mane myself. It balances out the lineart of his feet ^^;

With out a tablet. All with a mouse. That has got to be some skill there if you can do it without a tablet. You must have a natural talent with the mouse for drawing.

Arcanine looks sweet too. Awesome job.

MANNNNN

That Arcanine is awesome o.O

are you taking requests? I'm too lazy to dig through the thread At the moment, I will in 10 seconds though XD

ok because the arcanine was sooo good would you be able to do me a scyther? scyther is a very close 2nd fav pokemon. if not npo worrys cos im gonna have ago at something like this myself just got 2 get a mouse cos i got a laptop with the touch mouse thing.

thanks x

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Does everyone use a tablet? I've never even seen one, yet everyone seems to have them XD
Thanks for the nice comments everyone ^^

~ Shado: I'm not 'officially' taking requests, but generally if anyone PMs me and asks for something, I give it a go. So feel free to PM me if you'd like something.

~ Mr. Scyther: If I have some spare time I will do, though I've got a couple of other projects to complete first ^^

scyther.png

Scyther is going to get you :p

Does everyone use a tablet? I've never even seen one, yet everyone seems to have them XD
Thanks for the nice comments everyone ^^

~ Shado: I'm not 'officially' taking requests, but generally if anyone PMs me and asks for something, I give it a go. So feel free to PM me if you'd like something.
... Well, they seem to be a standard for graphic art and junk... but your stuff looks better than when I do use a tablet.
Scyther is amazing, I love that pose on him. I wonder why he hasn't been in that pose before.
And you're taking requests eh... maybe I'll think of one later.​

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
I felt that the torn area added character ^^
Thanks for the lovely comments, they mean a lot to me, as always!

A request by Secad (Warning - Magpie is not good at people)

secad.png

Seriously, people are not my forte XD
I tried my best anyway, so I hope it's ok Secad. There's probably all sorts wrong with the anatomy and clothing. I'm happy with how Fi came out though ^^

As requested, here is an Avatar sized version, and just Fi in case you'd prefer.

avie.png
Fi.png

You know, Magpie, it's not that bad. The jacket is different from what I usually wear, but it's not that bad.

Fi is adorable! This is going to be my avvie, now.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
I wasn't quite sure what you meant with 'jacket', because of the hood. I've never seen a jacket with a hood
*Has lived a sheltered life*

Anyway, I'm glad you think it's ok, though I stick with my statement about not being very good at people. I like Fi though ^^

Hey Magpie, just like to say the Scyther looks so sweet! Your so good at these.

Ive got a mouse now so hopfully ill have some of my own pictures. Do you need to do so many post before you can post your own pictures? Or can you just post them?

Thanks again for the great picture, Matt x

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
You don't need a certain amount of posts to make an art thread, just make a new topic in the artworks forum and post your art there.

I'm glad you liked Scyther ^^

I apologize as I don't say this enough, but you are amazing at this. I think one of the works that really caught my eye was Mr. Scyther's Arcanine. It is just so awesomely done. The line art is nice and clean and the shadows and colors are spot on! I offer a salute to thee for thy mad coloring skills and excellent linework :D

You drew the people fine. Don't be so modest. Then again, I can't change how you think so, yeah.

Awesome job of the chibi for Secad. It looks sweet.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
*Hugs* Thanks for the comments everyone ^^

cody.png

Request from Cody. I hope you like it!

I will tell you how awesome this is, as soon as I wake up from my coma.

Amazing. The expressions are near perfect, I had always pictured Espeon as a watchful mother type. Totodile looks like he could do anything, Aipom goofing off, and Turtwig with that cute, goofy grin. It's simply amazing!

*sigput*

[glow=red,2,300][size=10pt]WOW[/size][/glow]
This group picture looks really good! I had a go at my own picture but it didnt go well :'(! But i think im going to get a graphics tablet and have another ago then.

Nice work, Matt x

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
I'm glad you like it Cody ^^
Espeon just seemed like she's be the mother figure of the little group, and Aipom would obviously be the trouble maker XD

Thanks for the lovely comments everyone ^^

virgil.png

A request from Virgil. Here are the starters from his region, which can be found here:
http://www.pokecharms.com/forums/index.php?topic=5207.0

Amphin, Kangather and Koalight.
The line art isn't as clean as it should be, but Photobucket keeps going down for maintenance, so I'll fix it when I'm able.