• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Journey through Alola RP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Evon had said "No problem" to Robby earlier, but had eyes glued to the front. I can tell she's not an experienced trainer like Robby or Landon. Formantis' weakness is in its power. It's strength is in its speed. If she could get to the blind spot I pointed out during Robby's battle with Steenee's speed, then she might be able to win. Steenee's speed is probably her best chance in this situation.

Crabrawler was hit hard by the Razor Leaf sending it flying back and knocking it out, "Return Crabrawler," Hala said as he re-called Crabrawler and pulled out a new Pokeball. "Go! Hariyama!" Hariyama instantly burst out of the Pokeball and slammed onto the field, "Use Arm Thrust!" Hala called out, Hariyama began charging at Steenee using Arm Thrust.

"Dodge it Steenee!" Hanna cried. Steenee slid under Hariyama and went behind him. "Now use Magical Leaf!" She said, Hanna knew how weak Steenee was, this could be her last move.

"Oh, sliding through its legs like Riolu eh?" Robby asked as he watched the battle continue on. "Hala is tough, but so is Hana, I believe that she can win." Robby said with a confident smile on his face. Robby then turned to Landon, "So, you up next?" Robby asked, "You'll probably have an easier time because of Rowlet and Mimikyu having an advantage." Robby said as he straightened his hat.

"You should know first hand that type advantages don't matter as much." Ry aid joining the group. He was covered in dirt stains. "So other then Hana, who else has battled Hala?" He asked them, giving off a large smile.

After having obtained Jeffrey's first Z-Crystal, Jeffrey went back and saw the Grand Trial battle. "Heyyy... This can be interesting. I can make some strategies before I challenge Hala to a battle myself. But I'd better go back and catch some more Pokemon. Could be useful." Jeffrey said, as he walked back with Raichu.

"Yeah, we both have beat him." Robby said as he turned to Ry, "Oh yeah, and where have you been?" Robby asked as he inspected Ry. Robby then looked at the time on his poketch, "Oh shoot, I gotta make a call. I'll be right back!" Robby yelled as he ran out of Iki town and headed toward the Pokemon center.

Jeffrey walked through Route 1 and saw a wild Litten causing trouble for a bunch of Yungoos. "Hey, stop that! That's not good!" Jeffrey exclaimed. He then caught the Litten with a Poke Ball because he thought it was a interesting Pokemon. "Alright. My first-ever caught Pokemon in the wild!" Jeffrey said, as he got back to Iki Town and said, "Kahuna Hala? I challenge you to a battle after your done with that battle!"

"Okay, after this battle," Hala said as Hairyama jumped up to dodge the attack. "Now use Arm thrust!" Hairyama charged at Steenee with his hands ready to go.

Ry gave a pout. "Aw man, I wanted to go next," he said.

TheStargazer

Previously LunaLuma
Charles sat at route 3 with Magnemite Levitating to his left. "We've had a fun journey so far haven't we," Charles said to his Magnemite.
He watched all the flying type pokemon fly past them. There were Pikipeks, Vullubys and Rufflets. Then Charles saw a different flying type. It was a small red bird.

"Fletch, Fletchling," It cried.

"I'll catch it, Magnemite, Spark now," Charles exclaimed. Magnemite suddenly started to charge at the Fletchling with Electricity all around him. The Fletchling got hit badly and was falling to the beach below the creek.

"Uh oh I guess I should throw the pokeball quickly," Charles said while he was getting his great ball. Charles then threw it at the fletchling. 1..2..3...Click! Charles caught the Fletchling but the Greatball kept falling.

"Uh quickly, Magnemite get it please," Charles said worryingly. If hits the ground someone might take it or the Greatball might break. Magnemite flew down to the bottom as fast as it could and just managed to catch the Greatball on its screw. Magnemite then carefully took it up to Charles who was jumping and cheering that Magnemite caught it. Magnemite gave the ball to Charles. Almost immediately he ran to Iki town to heal his pokemon.

Steenee slammed into the ground, she had fainted. "Steenee! Return!" Hanna said, "Let's go Fomantis!"

"Fo! Fomantis!"

"Use Razor Leaf!" Hanna cried. Fomantis conjured up a huge leaf bigger and sharper than Steenee's and threw it hard at Hariyama.

Robby enter the pokemon center doors with a smile on his face, "So, you followed me?" Robby asked as he turned to see Evon behind him. "I don't mind, I was just going to make a phone call to check up on everyone back in Kalos." Robby said as he went over the PC and dialed the number for Professor Sycamore's lab. Robby was waiting a few minutes before anyone picked up, then someone did, "Oh hey Profes... Oh, Serena? What are you doing?" Robby asked as his face lit up. "Hey Robby, I just stopped by the lab to pick up my pokedex, but it seems the Professor is having trouble with your Charizard and Donphan." Serena said as she awkwardly laugh at the Professor, being chased by Robby's Charizard and Donphan in the background. "So those two are playing again?" Robby asked as he smiled. "Yeah it seems like it -" Serena said as she looked back toward the two Pokemon roughly playing while the Professor tries to calm them down, Serena then turns back to the screen "So, how are things going in Alola?" Serena asks as she smiles at Robby. "Things are goin' great! I've caught some Pokemon and even got a Z-Ring with some Z-Crystals!" Robby exclaimed as he showed his Z-Ring to the camera, "Oh and this is my new friend, Evon." Robby adds as he points toward Evon.

Evon waved. "Yo. Wait, did you say Sycamore?" Evon went over to the monitor. "Nice to meet you, Serena. I heard the professor's busy right now, but I'd like to talk to him when I can. We're old acquaintances, and my uncle is one of his close colleagues." Evon held out an empty Pokeball, picturing the Eeveelution that had evolved in Kalos. "He also helped me further my exploits by helping me evolve a member of my team. He's great with evolution. Not as great as Rowan, sure, but still great. He's helped me a lot, and I've learned a lot from him."
Just then, the professor walked in to the lab. Evon and Robby only knew this because they could see it on the screen. Sycamore grabbed a fresh water and sipped some while heading over to the screen.
"Oh, hello Robby. Calling from Alola, are y-" The professor froze and spit out his water in surprise. It missed Serena, thankfully. "Evon?!"
"Hey, Sycamore!" Evon said with a smile.
"Why are you with Robby?" The professor asked, surprised. "I thought you had gone back to Garet! I had no idea-"
"I did." Evon replied. "I just decided to come to Alola to further my training. After beating Hala I encountered Robby and some others, so I've decided to tag along with them. They seem like pretty strong trainers. Well, most of them."
"Robby definitely is." Sycamore said. "Are you furthering your journey to evolve one of your Pokemon?"
"Not this time. It'd be cool if Eevee evolved during this trip, but I don't have him with me right now. The goal of this journey is to further my bond with Jolteon."
"Ah, yes. I remember that conversation just under two years ago. Jolteon is the Pokemon your father gave you, right?"
"Right. Since it's my father's Pokemon, it's harder to bond with. Also it doesn't exactly have the best personality. So I figured I'd come here to train it. To Alola, where above all else you need to have a strong bond with your Pokemon to achieve victory. I... think we've gotten better."

As Jeffrey entered the Pokemon Center, he healed up his Pokemon and released Litten from it's Pokeball. "So, Litten, will you promise never to harass a wild Pokemon again?" Jeffrey asked, while Raichu was getting pumped for his battle with Kahuna Hala. Litten nodded happily, and got back into it's Pokeball. Then he saw Robby and Evon. "I hope I can take those two on some time, they'll be both great companions and great rivals." He thought to himself. Then, he started writing down notes. "Hm... So his Crabrawler tries to block every attack, maybe... if... Ah! I got both a strategy for Hariyama and Crabrawler!" Jeffrey said, happily, then he went to a video phone, and called his brother in Kanto. "Oh! Jeffrey! Long time no see. How's it going in Alola?" His brother, Mike, said. "Good, I've trained Raichu a lot. I just beat the Normal-type Trial and I'm planning on beating Hala soon. What about you?" Jeffrey said. "Well... Things have been good in Kanto, I'm still missing you, but hey, me and Talonflame are doing fine." Mike said, awkwardly, then he hung up. Then Jeffrey called Professor Oak, who was friends with Jeffrey. "Oh! Jeffrey! Good to see you. I've heard that you just beat the Normal-type Trial. Congratulations. Now, your Pokemon from your trip to Kalos are doing fine... The only problem is, Gogoat keeps causing trouble." Oak said. "Yeah, that's what he can do sometimes, anyways, gotta go, I'm gonna watch the battle of Hala and a girl named Hanna, then challenge Hala himself." Jeffrey said, as he hung up, and went to Iki Town.

"Wow, you know Professor Sycamore?" Robby asked as he looked at the screen then back at Evon, "That's pretty cool." Robby said as he looked back toward the Professor, "Professor, I just wanted to tell you that I'm doing fine in Alola and I've already got some Pokemon and a Z-Ring with Z-Crystals!" Robby exclaimed as he lifted up his wrist with the Z-Ring on it, "Marvelous! It seems like you are doing very well in Alola! Also, your other Pokemon are doing well." Sycamore said as he pointed toward Robby's other Pokemon, in the immediate view you could see Charizard, Garchomp, Sylveon, and Electivire. "Well, it seems everything is going good other there as well." Robby said with a smile on his face. "Alright, I'll talk to you later Professor-" Robby said to the Professor then he looked at Serena, "See you later." Robby said with a wink. "Goodbye, Robby." Sycamore said with a smile, "Good bye, keep doing your best!" Serena said as she also smiled back at Robby. Robby then turned to Evon, "I'll let you finish up things with the Professor." Robby said as he ran off to get his Pokemon healed.

Evon gave Robby a weird look. I've got some suspicions about him. Good ones, though. Could make for an interesting discussion later on. The trainer turned to Sycamore. "I'm assuming Robby is one of the other trainers that you told me about?"
"Yes, as is Serena. They're quite strong. Maybe one day Robby could face you with his full team-" The Professor and Serena flinched as a crash was heard. "...which might just destroy my lab if I don't calm them down! ...actually, before I go. Have you told him about-"
"No, not yet."
"Oh. Why?"
"I feel it's best if I keep it a secret until I'm truly ready to take my title. I need to prove to my father - to myself - that I'm worthy. And that means bonding with Jolteon."
"I understand. *crash* Now I'm afraid I must be going. Farewell, Evon!"
"See ya, professor." Evon said, ending the call. He walked over to Robby. Hope he didn't hear that. "So... you've been to Kalos too, huh?"

"Oh, well I'm actually from Kalos, so it was the first region I took on. Professor Sycamore gave me a Charmander and I took off and made a bunch of new friends along the way." Robby said as he looked at Evon. Robby then leaned against the counter and asked, "So, how do you know Professor Sycamore? Are you also from Kalos?"
Hmmm, Evon seems like quite the interesting character, just who is he? Robby thought to himself as he straighten his hat. Robby then smiled, "I assume the Professor had to go because my Pokemon were causing trouble again? I heard some crashes all the way from here." Robby said as he looked back toward Evon, "Man, they're good Pokemon, but they just get a little rowdy.." Robby said with a laugh.

Landon continued to watch the battle in silence until he felt himself getting hungry, "I gotta get something to eat," Landon said to himself as he got up to get some food. 'Man I wonder how the Professor is doing?' Landon thought to himself as he approached the Pokemon Centre. Landon walked up to the first phone he saw and began dialing Professor Rowan, "Hello?" Professor Rowan asked as he picked up. "Hey Professor it's me Landon!" Landon responded. "Hello Landon, I assume you made it Alola safely?" Rowan asked. "Yeah and I've even caught two Pokemon already, Mimikyu and Rowlet!" Landon replied as he sent them out and they leaped onto his shoulders. "So you've been travelling alone so far?" Rowan asked as he was pushed to the side by Lyra. "If you're alone I can fly down there," Lyra said. "Thanks Lyra but you said that you wanted to help with Rowan's research," Landon replied. Landon continued to talk to the Professor and Lyra and explained that he was travelling with some friends and he would soon be taking on the Kahuna, then hung up. Landon began walking back to Iki Town when he saw Robby and Evon ahead of him Landon ran up to join them, "Hey guys how's it going?" Landon asked them as he caught up.

Hariyama took the attack and took a stumbled backwards.
"Go Hariyama use Arm Thrust!" Hala yelled. Hairyama charged forward, with his hands ready to strike down his oppponet.

"Dodge Fomantis!" Hanna shouted, "Alright let's do this!"
Hanna and Fomantis arms came up, crossing over their heads. "Alright! Breakneck Blitz!!!" Hanna yelled. Fomantis ran super fast towards Hariyama, slamming into him. Fomantis then fell to the ground panting, Hanna rushed over to her. "Be strong Fomantis, you can do it" Hanna said softly.

TheStargazer

Previously LunaLuma
Charles healed his pokemon at Iki town. Charles watched as some trainers talked to some of the famous Professors. Charles couldn't believe it. These Professors were his parents idols. He was intrigued to talk to one of the them but decided not to.
"I don't need to make myself look like a complete weirdo," Charles mumbled as he walked out of the Pokemon Center.

Charles decided to study the Ruins of Conflict. He was interested in the Tapus and the ruins however when he was walking past, he saw a young girl doing her Grand Trial. He decided to watch the battle first. He was always interested in battles because after they were done, Charles would give advice although most people found it rude or annoying.

(Sorry for not responding sooner, but I needed sleep)
"Hey, Landon." Evon said. "We're doing good. So for your question, Robby, I'm not from Kalos. My uncle is a close associate of Sycamore, and when I told him I wanted to further my training he sent me there. It helped two of my Pokemon, not counting Jolteon, to get stronger and allowed me to evolve another. Sycamore helped me on my travels, but I also helped him whenever he needed assistance."

"Hey, you guys, I know you from before. I haven't clearly introduced myself yet, name's Jeffrey, and this is my partner Raichu." Jeffrey said, then, Jeffrey's Alolan Raichu came along, and let out a proud "Rai!". "Me and Raichu are new trial-goers, we're gonna challenge Hala to a battle soon too, but I'll need a bit of support for that." Jeffrey explained.

"Oh I see, that sounds pretty interesting." Robby said as he walked out of the Pokemon Center with Evon. Robby then saw Landon, "Hey Landon, yeah, we're good. I just had to call the Professor and Serena." Robby said as he looked toward Landon. "Woah, a floating Raichu." Robby said as he saw Jeffery, "So your name is Jeffery, my name is Robby, and this is Riolu." Robby said as he looked toward Jeffery and his Raichu.
"Bwa" Riolu said lazily as it sat on Robby's head. "You're still pretty wiped out from that battle, right bud?" Robby said as he rubbed Riolu and the head. Riolu shook its head gingerly began to fall asleep.

"Heh, you must love your Pokemon a lot. I like that! I like you. Perhaps we can have a 1v1 battle after I beat Hala? My Raichu vs your Riolu!" Jeffrey said, looking pretty happy. "And also, Hala must be tough. I guess I'll watch Hala's current battle with that Hanna girl." Jeffrey said, as he walked out of the Pokemon Center, going towards Iki Town.

Evon smiled. "Yeah, he's definitely tough. But we still beat him. Anyways-"
Evon froze. He saw a shadow, heard a noise. Then the source of what he had noticed began to leave. They had been sneaking around, spying on the group - perhaps specifically on him. Definitely suspicious... Evon decided to follow. "'Scuse me for a minute, guys."

"What?" Robby asked as he watched Evon start to walk away, "Sorry, Jeffrey, just head to Iki town without us. We'll be there soon." Robby said to Jeffrey before he began to ran over to Evon, "What's wrong Evon?" Robby asked as he caught up to him. At that moment Riolu perched up, "Bwa Bwa." Riolu said as it looked around, "What's wrong buddy?" Robby asked as he looked up at Riolu.

"I feel like someone was following us." Evon said. "I saw a shadow and heard a strange noise that sounded like footprints. Light, trying to remain hidden. I've hung out with Shade enough to know that that was someone trying - and failing - to be stealthy. I feel like they're following me. I don't know why, but it can't be good. It looks like they were headed towards Route 2." Evon dashed off towards Route 2, knowing that Robby would follow him.

Arriving at Route 2, they saw a shadowy figure in a black overcoat just over the hill.
"Hey! You! Hold up!" Evon shouted. The man started to run. Evon gave chase. The man went into Route 3, the one place that Robby and the others (as far as I'm aware correct me if I'm wrong) hadn't been yet. Evon followed him in, taking a scarf from inside his pocket and tying it around his face.

Robby followed Evon all the way through route 2 and onto route 3, "Well, I haven't been here yet, but we need to stop that guy!" Robby exclaimed as he and Evon ran after the man. Robby through up Pichu's Quick Ball, "Go Pichu, use Thunder Shock and try to hit that guy!" Robby yelled to Pichu as they ran after the man.
"Piiichuuu!" Pichu yelled as it glew yellow and shot a Thunder Shock toward the man. Robby then turned to Evon, "We'll catch him, and find out what he wants." Robby said as he ran beside Evon.
This seems like some ninja stuff or something. Robby thought to himself as he continued to run, Hopefully that Thunder Shock hits.

The man turned around, a black mask covering his face. However, Evon did see some white lines. It can't be...! The man dodged the Thunderbolt, running into Melemele Meadow. Evon skidded to a halt before running in. Why did I not get the others?! he thought to himself.

Entering the Meadow, Evon looked around. The Man had vanished. Evon walked into the flowers, scanning for hiding places. "Where...?"
Suddenly, an Alolan Graveler leapt up behind him.

"Man, he dodge that like it was nothin'!" Robby exclaimed as he recalled Pichu. "Never been in there either, but let's go!" Robby exclaimed as he followed Evon into the meadow. Robby searched around a bit to find nothing, but then noticed the Graveler leap out at Evon, "Evon watched out!" Robby yelled as he pointed toward the Graveler.
"Bwa!" Riolu yelled as it rushed over to the Graveler and shot a Force Palm right at it, hoping that it will send it of course.

The Graveler was flung away, bashing into the wall. It broke the wall open, revealing a secret passageway.
"Whoa... If he's not here, then he must have gone down there!" Evon said. "The Graveler must have been his Pokemon, left to distract us. Let's go!" Evon ran forwards, but barely dodged the Rock Throw of the Graveler. "He's still not done. Great. We don't have time to battle him! That man could escape! Any ideas, Robby?"

"Good job buddy, nice shot!" Robby said to Riolu as they ran toward Evon, dodge Rock Throws, "Secret passage huh. This is getting really fun!" Robby said as he and Evon entered the passage, "Ideas? I have plenty tricks." Robby said as he pulled out a thin wire, "Before I came to Alola, Riolu and I trained in Ninja Village, in Kalos." Robby said as he smiled at Evon, "Let's just find this dude."

Last edited:
"Trained with an actual ninja. Get on my level." Evon said smiling before dashing downwards. "I've heard rumors of a hidden cavern accessible from Melemele Meadow. I believe this place is called Seaward Cave. It connects to Kala'e Bay. He might escape from there!" Evon jumped down a ledge, rolled, leaped down another, and flipped down another level. He saw the exit of the cavern, and the black figure running towards it. "There he is! Let's go!"

"Oh come on, there are plenty of actual ninja in the ninja village." Robby said as he smirked at Evon, "This just keeps getting better and better." Robby said quietly to himself as he grit his teeth, he then jumped to the level Evon was on in just one jump, and landed softly, "How's that for you?" Robby asked with a joking laugh as he ran beside Evon toward the exit of the cave. Robby then smirked and raised two fingers, "Now!" Robby said to himself, and a thin wire gleamed on the exit of the cave. The trap was set right as the man was about to exit the cave.
Hehe, that's a ninja art I was taught in the Village. Robby thought to himself as he smirked.

"Alright Ember!" Nate called, "Use, well, um, Ember!"
Nate's Tepig nicknamed Ember reared back and let embers fly from his nostrils. The wild Pikipek they were battling flew backwards to avoid the flame. The Pikipek flew down and used Fury Attack. Ember collapsed with scratches all over his body.
"Get up Ember!" Nate yelled, "Use Take Down!"
Ember shook Pikipek off, and tackled Pikipek. Pikipek shrieked, and Ember rolled back.
"Come on Ember," Nate bit his lip, "You can do it!"
Nate loved his Pokemon. Even more than other people. He'd always had a special connection with Pokemon. Him and Ember... In it together. In it to win the Alola Pokemon League! They had already beaten Ilima, and now they had to get through these other battles together if they ever wanted to succeed in the League.
Ember grunted, and got back up. He huffed, and unleashed deadly flames toward Pikipek. Pikipek crashed into the ground, dizzy. Nate grabbed a Pokeball, and flung it at Pikipek. It shook once. Twice. Ding!
"Nice going Ember!" Nate grinned, hugging Ember, "We caught a Pikipek!"
"Tep- Tepig!" Ember cheered.
"I think I'll call it Ace," Nate smiled at Ember. Ember nodded in approval. So, Nate and Ember headed to Hau'oli City.

TheStargazer

Previously LunaLuma
Charles watched as the small Fomantis versed the Huge Hariyama. It was David vs Goliath and right now Charles couldn't tell who would win. Fletchling was on Charles' head and Magnemite was levitating right next to Charles. Fletchling and Magnemite were cheering for the challenger while Charles thought of How Hala and the challenger could battle better.

Hariyama was struck hard by Fomantis's z-move. He slammed into the ground, Fomantis had knocked him out.

"Hariyama, return" Kahuna Hala called. He walked over to Hanna, with a fightium z in his hand. "I present you with the reward of this grand trial, the fightium z" He said.

Hanna grinned and took the z-crystal from Kahuna Hala's hand. She put it in her z-ring, it looked amazing. Hanna walked over to Fomantis to pick her up, but Fomantis started to glow. She was engulfed in the light as she suddenly changed form.

"Lura! Lurantis!" Lurantis exclaimed. Hanna gasped in amazement, "Fo- Lurantis! You evolved!" She exclaimed.

TheStargazer

Previously LunaLuma
"WOW!" Charles exclaimed. Lurantis Evolved! Charles was happy for the Girl and her Pokemon for winning her Grand Trial. Charles clapped on the sideline as Hala presented the Girl her own Fightingium-Z.

Status
Not open for further replies.