• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Journey through Alola RP

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Good job at beating Hala!" Robby exclaimed as he looked at Landon. "So, once we all beat Hala what are we going to do next?" Robby asked as he feed a pokepuff to Riolu. "I heard there is another island called Akala, maybe we should head there next." Robby added as he sat back in his seat.

TheStargazer

Previously LunaLuma
"Akala is where i'm heading next, somehow," Charles said to Robby. "The thing is, I don't know how to get there yet," Charles said quietly. Charles returned Fletchlig so he could give a PokeBean to Magnemite. This time is was a green PokeBean. Magnemite ate it quickly.

Returning to the group, Evon arrived just in time to see Landon receive his Z-Crystal. "Congrats!" Evon said, giving him a thumbs-up. He was still holding the piece of the mask in his hand. Gripping it tightly, he decided to get his team right now in case others of the same nature showed up. Giving a wave of farewell for now, Evon walked down to the Pokemon Center. He decided to let Jolteon out, so they could walk together.

"So... It's been a while, huh?" Evon said, turning to Jolteon while they were still walking. "Two years since I left Garet... and you were left for me. I understand why. Dad told me that if I could bond with you, then I'd be worthy of taking his place. But for me to do that... you need to work with me. Can we try that, buddy?" Evon extended a hand to Jolteon, who turned its head the other way. "Come on. You need to cooperate at least a little bit." Evon said, sad. "No matter. I'll prove myself to you. No matter what." Evon tugged at the collar of his vest. He kinda liked this garb, but he still preferred his regular gear. Arriving at the Pokemon Center, Evon walked over to the PC. Scanning his Pokedex, he was able to access his personal PC from across the ocean. He decided to take out his four partners. His two oldest and strongest partners he clipped to the left side of his belt. The other two, his most recent and more averagely leveled for Melemele, he clipped to the right. He placed Jolteon's ball to the right side. Looking down at his Pokemon, he smiled. "It's good to have you back, guys." Evon headed out of the Pokemon Center and started heading back to Iki Town, where the others were.

"I heard that you can hire an air or water ride Pokemon to take you their" Hanna said, "There are Pokemon like Lapras and Pelipper"
Professor Kukui had once taken her on a Sharpedo Ride when she was about 9, it was the funniest thing she'd ever done. They could take a ferry to Akala, but riding a Pokemon would be so much fun.

"Thanks guys," Landon said as he tightened his grip on a Pokeball, "So Akala Island is next, I hear there are Pokemon there that can't be found on Melemele Island." Landon placed his hand on his pocket and began thinking, 'Soon enough you'll see how strong we've become since you last saw us' Landon continued thinking in silence, "Hey guys where's Ry?"

Last edited:
"I don't know." Robby said as he looked around, "Isn't it his turn to fight Hala?" Robby asked as he leaned back into the seat he was in. Robby then looked at Hana, "Ride a Pokemon? That sounds fun." Robby said with a smile,
Maybe I can withdraw Charizard. Robby thought to himself, he wanted to show Alola to his first partner.

"Well shall we get going?" Landon asked everyone as he got up. Landon was eager to get to Akala Island and try out riding on a Ride Pokemon, "Rotom how far is Akala Island anyway?" Rotom sprung up and changed it's screen and showed two islands, "Akala Island, it would be faster to go by boat but by Ride Pokemon I recommend an Air Ride Pokemon such as Pelipper," Rotom answered.

While his friends discussed their plan of action, Ry was finishing up his battle with Hala. "Use Breakneck Blitz and finish this!" Ry roared as Munchy charged and wiped out Hala's Crabrawler, winning the Z-Crystal!
"Oh yeah! I won!" He exclaimed, giivig a smile. He stuck the crystal in his pocket and rushed over t join his friends. "How about we swim?" He suggested jokingly. "Nah, I'd prefer a ride Pokemon."

"I'd be fine with a Ride Pokemon." Evon said, appearing out of nowhere. He was right behind Robby, having somehow snuck up with no one noticing. Smiling, he took out a map he had. "But a boat's kinda safer, and I don't have any Alolan Pokemon registered for my Ride Pager. Plus, Ride Pokemon can only fit one person at a time. If we all want to go together, we can catch a boat at the marina across the islands."

"I think I wanna call upon an old friend to get to Akala!" Robby exclaimed as he ran toward the Pokemon Center and ran over to the PC to withdraw a pokemon. Robby at choose the Pokemon he wanted then added the pokeball to his belt. Robby then ran back over to his friends, "Well, I've got my way to Akala!" Robby exclaimed as he held out a pokeball for them to see.

"Well I'll meet you guys at the Marina so I can get the best Ride Pokemon first!" Landon said as he eagerly left for Hau'oli City. Landon finally made it to the Marina when he looked on the beach and saw some Mareanie on the beach, "Wow look at the Mareanie," Landon said as he grabbed a Pokeball, "I think I'll catch one of them, Go Roten!" Landon threw the Pokeball and Roten burst out full of energy, "I'm glad you're feeling better after that battle with Hala," Landon commented as Roten landed on his arm, "Now I need you to use Solar Beam on that Mareanie!" Roten nodded and sprung into the air. Roten began charging a Solar Beam but upon firing was launched in the other direction and missed the Mareanie. "Roten!" Landon called as he went after the falling owl. Landon dove and caught Roten before it hit the ground, "Maybe you need a bit more practice with Solar Beam," Landon said as the two made their way to the Pokemon Centre. Landon quickly made a phone call to Professor Rowan asking him to send over a Pokemon for a bit, within seconds Landon was holding the Pokeball of an old friend. Landon walked up the the Marina with the Pokeball in hand and Roten by his side, "Ride Pokemon are to expensive for us to rent," Landon said as he threw the Pokeball, "Go Xenos!" The Pokeball burst open and Charizard landed happy to see Landon, "Hey there buddy how have you been?" Xeos grunted in response, "Well I'm happy to see you again," Landon petted his old friends head, "Listen I need a huge favor from you I need you to get me to Akala Island as fast as possible," Xenos roared in response and turned to let Landon and Roten on, "Thank you," Landon said as he got on and within seconds they were off to Akala Island. Landon turned back and saw Robby also leaving the port.

Sighing, Evon turned to Hala. "Any chance you could hook me up with a ride?"
"Well, I do have this old boat that I've been keeping in good shape... Sure, why not? It's in the marina right now." Hala said, starting to head off.
"Awesome." Evon said, smiling. "Anyone else want to come along?"

"So he has a Charizard as well." Robby said as he threw up the pokeball to reveal his very first pokemon, Charizard. The Charizard roared as it saw Robby and gave him a hug. "Hey buddy, long time no see!" Robby said as he hugged Charizard back. Riolu jumped onto Charizard's head. "Hey buddy, will you take us to Akala Island?" Robby asked his Charizard, Charizard nodded his head and they were off to Akala. Robby had caught up to Landon, "So, when did you get your Charizard?" Robby asked as he looked over a Landon.

"You see Charizard was actually a gift from Lyra when she came back to Sinnoh from Kanto," Landon said as he re-called his time with Xenos, "Originally it was a Charmander that I used during my journey through Kalos, after our win at the Cyllage City Gym Xenos evolved into Charmeleon, and after our battle at the Lumiose Gym Xenos evolved into Charizard." Landon scratched underneath Xenos' chin and re-called his journeys through Kalos, "You along with everyone else really got me through some tough battles" Landon turned back to Robby, "So that must be the Charizard I've heard so greatly about."

"Yup, he was my first partner. I received him as a Charmander from Professor Sycamore and we've been together ever since." Robby said as he patted Charizard on the head. "I felt bad that I didn't take him with me to Alola, so I decided to withdraw him." Robby exclaimed as he laid against Charizard's back as they flew over the sea. "You've probably seen this guy once or twice when we were in Kanto." Robby added as he looked up into the sky, remembering the day he first set off as a Pokemon trainer.

After all the trainers that didn't have Ride Pokemon all gathered onto Hala's old boat, they set off. Being the adventurous type, Evon was up on the front edge of the bow. The boat was fast for being so old - it could have out-sped a Tauros. Looking up to port, Evon saw Robby and Landon flying on the back of Charizards. "HEY! CATCH UP, SLOWPOKES!" Evon shouted to them in a friendly competitive manner as the boat zoomed by them. Hala, seeing Evon's look, decided to increase the boat's speed.
"HOLD ON, FOLKS!"

"Yeah I remember seeing Charizard in the Indigo League, and the Sinnoh League on TV," Landon said as they continued to head for Akala Island ahead of them, "There's Akala Island!" Landon commented as he marveled at the island, 'We're almost there soon you'll see how strong we've become' Landon looked down and saw Evon shouting at them to hurry up, "We'll just see who's the Slowpoke!" Landon called back with a smile, "Now Xenos descend and let's get to Akala first," Xenos descended and began gliding across the water next to Evon.

"Hey wait up!" Robby yelled as he sat back up on Charizard and held on tight, "Faster buddy!" Robby yelled as Charizard also descended to the level of the boat and raced to Akala island, Charizard roared as it sped up even more. "I wonder what kind of trials will be on Akala." Robby said as he held his hat from flying off.

"HAHAHAH! Now THIS is FUN!" Hala roared. "They'll get ahead soon, though! We don't have enough juice to keep up!"
"As in... electricity?" Evon said, releasing Jolteon. "THUNDERBOLT!" The electric attack supercharged the ship engine, and Jolteon kept feeding it a constant supply of power. The ship blasted ahead at a speed the fire-flying type Pokemon just couldn't keep up with.
"YEEEEEEEEEEEE HAW!" Hala roared as the ship blasted towards Akala Island. The ship slowed down, docking at the port. Turning around, Evon saw the two dragons and their trainers at least a kilometer away.

Ry returned a little later, to seem his friends riding ahead of them. He smile and sent out Star, his Staraptor. Then he noticed the boat had left with out them. "Okay Star, you know what to do." Ry jumped on Star's back and they raced after everyone. "Who hoo!" Ry yelled as he raced ahead, and flew over the boat. "How's it hanging!" He shouted before racing ahead. But he still was a good distance away from the others. "Quick Attack!" Ry roared as they boosted speed. "I'm coming for you!" He yelled.

"We just have to hope they don't damage the docks or the boat," Landon commented as he and Xenos watched the boat speed ahead of them. Landon looked up and saw Ry flying on his Staraptor with Quick Attack, "We'll see about that!" Landon patted Xenos signalling it to go faster. "Well that was fun," Landon said as he landed on the port after everyone else, Landon pulled out a Pokeball, "Thanks Xenos, I'll see you soon," Landon said as he re-called Xenos. "Your Charizard seems as strong as ever Landon!" called out a familiar voice. Landon turned and saw Kiawe walking towards them, "Hey Kiawe, long time no see," Landon replied. "You still have the gift from our last encounter right?" Kiawe asked as he smiled. "Yeah I do, which is why I'm here," Landon replied with a determined look on his face. "Well then you know I'll be on Wela Volcano's Peak when you're ready," Kiawe said as he began walking off.

Robby landed a few seconds after Landon, "Man, I wasn't ready." Robby said as he re-called Charizard, "Eh, who's this guy?" Robby asked as he looked at Kiawe, "This dude is the guy you've been talking about!" Robby exclaimed as he made the connect, "So that's the fire captain huh." Robby said as he watched the guy walk off.

"Captain Kiawe, keeper of the Firium Z and the Fire-type trial." Evon said, coming up to them. "I've heard things about his trial. One of the three trials on this island. It's just off Route 7, I believe. But I'd recommend we take care of his trial last. On the way there we can hit the other two trials - Lana's trial over at Brooklet Hill and Mallow's trial at Lush Jungle. I'm fine with doing them in any order, though."

"Yeah Kiawe is a Fire-Type expert, he gave me this after the Hoenn League," Landon said as he pulled out a small red crystal, "It's Firium Z, Kiawe gave it to me after he saw my Blaziken battle and told me I still have a ton of work to do." Landon gestured for Roten to hop onto his shoulder, "I'll meet up with you guys later, I'm gonna go send Xenos back, then I'm headed for Wela Volcano," Landon said before walking off, 'It's been to long for me to wait any longer, soon Kiawe you'll see how strong we've become' Landon thought to himself as he made his way to the Pokemon Centre. Landon sat down and quickly called Professor Rowan and sent back Xenos, "So I presume you're off to challenge Kiawe's Trial," Rowan said. "Yeah," Landon said unsure of how Professor Rowan knew what he'd do next, "But how did you even know about Kiawe Professor?" Lyra soon came running in behind the Professor, "Because you're as easy to read as a book!" She commented with a smile. "So you told the Professor!" Landon smiled. "Yep and I just wanted to wish you the best of luck!" Lyra said before leaving. "Anyway would you like me to send Spike?" Rowan asked, Landon sat and thought for a minute of whether or not he should ask for Spike. "Nah, it's fine Professor I'll show Kiawe how strong I've become in Alola!" Landon said with determination before hanging up. Landon left the Pokemon Centre and looked at the huge volcano, he turned and saw everyone else wasn't that far away, "I'LL SEE YOU GUYS SOON!" Landon called out while waving before heading to Wela Volcano.

Ry shrugged "I guess, I'll go with you," jogging after Landon. "I feel it's best to go all out. And besides. I know fire type Pokemon." Pax climbed his shoulder, and tapped his chest. "I might challenge Kiawe next." Ry gave a big grin.

"I'll probably hit up Lana's trial next. It's the closest, after all." Evon said. He turned to Robby. "Want to come along? It's always more fun to travel in a group than alone." Evon clenched Jolteon's Pokeball as he said this, knowing just who would be the most useful in the coming battle.

Landon smiled as the two continued walking to Wela Volcano. Landon thought back to the day he met Kiawe, when he had left the League after he lost he met up with Kiawe who challenged him to a battle, Landon chose Spike and Kiawe chose a Pokemon named Salazzle, it wasn't long until Landon was defeated. Landon looked ahead and saw a Wela Volcano and the path to the peak, "There it is!" Landon exclaimed happily as he ran for the path. When Landon reached the path he was surprised to see so many Fire Type Pokemon in one place. Their were Magmar, Magby, Fletchling, Fletchinder, some Pokemon that looked like a smaller Salazzle and two Marowak that looked different that the one he knew. "Hey Rotom what are those Pokemon?" Landon asked. "Leave it to me!" Rotom said as it took quick pictures, "Marowak (Alolan Form): The Bone Keeper Pokemon: Fire and Ghost Type: The bones it possesses were once its mother's. Its mother's regrets have become like a vengeful spirit protecting this Pokémon." Rotom gestured Marowak's Bone before changing the screen. "Salandit: The Toxic Lizard Pokemon: Fire and Poison Type: It burns its bodily fluids to create a poisonous gas. When its enemies become disoriented from inhaling the gas, it attacks them." Landon watched in amazement as they all gathered together.

Hanna had hired a Sharpedo to ride on and was catching up to the boat rapidly. "This is the best!" Hanna exclaimed. She could see Akala in the distance. "There it is!" She cried.

TheStargazer

Previously LunaLuma
Charles took a Lapras to Akala. He thought it would be the safest pokemon to ride. He took glimpses at some of the pokemon. There were Seel, Magikarp, Finneon and Frillish. "Maybe I should fish for a water type," Charles thought to himself. He found a pokemon he liked and quickly scanned it as he went by.

"Mareanie, the Brutal Star Pokemon, It plunges the poison spike on its head into its prey. When the prey has weakened, Mareanie deals the finishing blow with its 10 tentacles. It's found crawling on beaches and seafloors. The coral that grows on Corsola's head is as good as a five-star banquet to this Pokémon," The Pokedex said.

Charles landed at HeaHea City Charles then tried to figure out which trial to go to.
"Well, Magnemite is weak to fire, Fletchling might not be the best for water so, I guess i'm heading to Lush Jungle," Charles said.
"Anyone want to tag along?" Charles asked.

"Yeah! I really need to find a new Pokemon! Who knows what I'll meet in the lush jungle" Hanna exclaimed. She looked around the city and saw an area with a bunch of Mudbray. "Maybe we could ride those Mudbray there" Hanna suggested.

TheStargazer

Previously LunaLuma
"Good idea!" Charles said to Hanna. Charles looked around and found where Hanna was talking about. Charles tried to get on the Mudbray that was closest to him. Unfortunately, Charles fell off almost immediately. "How am I supposed to hop onto to one of these?" Charles said frustratedly.

Hanna was already on the Mudbray. "Oh yeah, here" Hanna said. She tossed him a few berries. She gently kicked the side of Mudbray, he started to walk slowly. "I used to ride Mudbray all the time with my... my... F-father" Hanna said, the last part was hard to say.

TheStargazer

Previously LunaLuma
"That's cool, I've never had much experience," Charles said. he wasn't good at riding pokemon but he liked to when he could. Charles found another Mudbray he liked. He slowly approached and hopped onto Mudbray. Strangely, Charles didn't fall of like he usually did.
"Lets go," Charles yelled.

Hann was rushing towards the lush jungle on Mudbray, she loved ride Pokemon and she hoped she could have her own one day. She could see the treetops in the distance. "We're close!" She exclaimed.

"Sure, I'll go with you." Robby said as he looked at Evon and began walked off toward Brooklet Hill, "So, what kind of trial is this gonna be?" Robby asked Evon as they continued walking. "I've heard there various amounts of new Pokemon here, I think I would like to try and catch one like a Rockruff or something like that." Robby said as he scrolled through information about Akala island on his Poketch.

"I think I'll try catching one of them," Landon said as he pulled out a Pokeball. Right as Landon was about to throw the Pokeball he heard a loud Roar. Landon looked closely and saw a huge turtle-like Pokemon walk in front of all the fire-types, "Is that their leader?" Landon questioned quietly as he watched them all gather together. "Leave it to me!" Rotom exclaimed, Landon quickly pulled Rotom down and told him to be quiet. Rotom took a quick picture, then changed the screen to the Pokemon's data, "Turtonator: The Shell Armor Pokemon: Fire and Dragon Type: The shell on it's back is chemically unstable and explodes violently if struck. The hole in it's stomach is it's weak point." Rotom pointed to the small hole on Turtonator's stomach. "A fire AND dragon type," Landon smiled as he turned to the Pokemon, "That would be a great Pokemon to catch." Landon began walking towards the large crowd of Fire Type Pokemon, "Turtonator I challenge you to a battle!" Landon exclaimed proudly. All the Fire Pokemon turned to him and launched a Flamethrower at him. Landon ran back and pushed Rotom and Ry behind a rock to hide from the angry Fire Pokemon, "Something tells me they don't like humans," Landon said with a worried look.

"Uh... a Rockruff?" Evon said, feeling sorry for Robby. "As far as I know, you can only catch them at Ten Carat Hill back on Melemele. But maybe Olivia might give you one... Anyways, Akala has a lot of new Pokemon. Brooklet Hill's a great place for catching Water-type Pokemon, just like Wela Volcano is great for Fire-types and Lush Jungle is great for Grass-types. Might try to evolve a Pokemon at the latter location later on." The two arrived at the entrance to Brooklet Hill, casually strolling down Route 5. "This is Brooklet Hill. Lana's trial should be down there-"
Evon was interrupted by a shout. "HELP!" The trainer, a man of action, dashed into Brooklet Hill.

Arriving, Evon saw a young girl looking out at the waters. Something was splashing in the water. A backpack could be seen just above the surface.
"Hey! Are you alright?"
"Y-yeah... but my bag...!"
"Aw, crud." Evon said. "I'd get it back, but I don't have a Pokemon that can carry me over the water...!"
"Ah!" the girl said. "You have a Ride Pager, right?"
"Yeah."
"Let me see it!"
Evon handed his Ride Pager over to the girl. It looked weird, different from the Alolan Ride Pagers. The girl input something, and the Pager beeped. She handed the Pager back.
"There. I've registered Lapras to your Ride Pager." the girl said. "Now please get my backpack!"
"Alright!" Evon said, calling Lapras. The majestic Pokemon appeared, and Evon leaped on. Surfing ahead, Evon reached out to grab the backpack... but instead grabbed a Wishiwashi. "What the...?!" Evon looked, seeing that the bag was now farther away. A whole school of Wishiwashi emerged, forming together. "Aw, crud!" Evon said, urging Lapras onward. The Wishiwashi chased behind, trying to Tackle them. Evon released Jolteon. "Thunderbolt!" Jolteon released a crackling bolt of electricity, shocking the Wishiwashi. Evon knew better than to think it was over, though. The Wishiwashi reformed, blasting a Water Gun. Evon recalled Jolteon, stopping it from getting hit. This meant he would take the full brunt of the Water Gun. Evon urged Lapras around the Wishiwashi, fast enough to get fully behind them. Then he returned to the front, circling it. He then raised his arms in direct view of the Wishiwashi. "Come on! Give it your best shot!" The Wishiwashi were about to attack Evon... but then they were electrocuted by Jolteon, who was behind them. The Electric-type grabbed the backpack, and Evon steered Lapras around to pick him up. Seeing the Wishiwashi reforming, Evon had Jolteon use Thunderbolt one more time to finish them off. With the Wishiwashi defeated, Evon drove Lapras over to the shore, where the girl and Robby were waiting. Returning Jolteon to its Pokeball and stepping off of Lapras, Evon held the backpack out to the girl. "Your backpack."
"Thank you!" the girl said, putting the backpack back on. "I'm still kinda worried about that Wishiwashi, though. Do you think one of you might be able to try and track it down?"
"I've done my part." Evon said, turning to Robby. "You're on clean-up duty."

"Oh man, that sucks, hopefully she'll give me one." Robby said as they entered Brooklet Hill, Robby then got distracted by something as Evon saved the girl's backpack. A few minutes later, "Wait what?!" Robby exclaimed as it seemed he wasn't paying attention. "Oh, right!" Robby yelled as he jumped onto to the Lapras, even though it wasn't his ride pokemon. "Oh Wishiwashi, where are you?" Robby called out as he looked around, "Oh yeah, Popplio come out on help me search!" Robby said as he threw up Popplio's pokeball, Popplio emerged from it and began to swim around. "There!" Robby yelled as he saw the outline of Wishiwashi in the water, Robby and Popplio chased after it. Robby and Popplio chased the Wishiwashi until they passed a gate, "Oh, this is the trial gate." Robby said as he looked up at the gate as they passed it. "Wait! Come back!" Robby yelled at the Wishiwashi as they chased it even further into the trial grounds.

Last edited:
"It's seems so natural," Ry commented. "Like people don't mess with them or anything like that."
"He pulled out a pokeball and sent out Burn. "Use Ember on the ground!" Ry exclaimed. Burn fired small flames in the rocks, creating a large dust cloud. "Run!" Ry exclaimed, breaking off into a run, past them, with Burn close behind.

Robby and Popplio finally corner the Wishiwashi, and calmed it down. Robby and Popplio turned back and returned the Wishiwashi to the girl, "So, is this area some sort of trial?" Robby asked as he pointed at the trial gate, "If it is, I would like to request one." Robby said as he made a determined fist

Status
Not open for further replies.