• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Journey through Alola RP

Status
Not open for further replies.
To sign up click the following like (https://pokecharms.com/threads/journey-to-the-alola-league-rp.15365/ ) everything you'll need is right there.

Landon stepped off the boat and onto the sandy beach of Melemele Island "HELLO! ALOLA VACATION!" he screamed out of excitement. He pulled out a Sport Ball, which was just a pokeball with a small pokeball symbol on the top half, "Let's go Swift!" an Eevee burst out of the Sport Ball and onto the beach "Eev" Swift started running around in excitement to be on vacation, "Swift come on, let's go check in at the hotel." They began walking to the Mareanie Hotel Hau'oli City to check in, "Hello and welcome to the Mareanie Hotel, named after the Pokemon Mareanie," just the a Pokemon with a purple body and blue hair-like strands with purple spikes leaped up "Mareeee" Landon leaped back clearly surprised "Is this Mareanie?" he asked, "Yes Mareanie hear is a Poison and Water type." Landon looked around the lobby more and saw Mareanies almost everywhere. After Landon had put his belongings away he and Swift ran to the beach, they found a red shovel in the sand, "Hey Swift let's make a sand castle," he grabbed it and tried to pull until a pile of sand raised under neither the shovel, "Gast" it was a Pokemon in the shape of a sand with the shovel in it's head and a hole through the sand pile for a mouth, "Oh um I'm sorry... whatever your name is," Landon tried to apologize, but the Pokemon was not happy and launched a Shadow Ball at Landon which sent him flying.

Last edited:
Robby stepped off the plane, very tired. "So, this is the Alola Region huh?" Robby asked in an exhausted voice. Robby and his partner Riolu walked down the road of Hau'oli City. "Man, I've never been in such paradise!" Robby said as he looked around. "Well, we should probably look around to try and find these so called Trial Captains, so we can get a step closer to making our way to the league." Robby said as he and Riolu munched on pokepuffs. Robby then looked over to the beach, "Well, I guess everyone has time for the beach, right buddy?" Robby asked Riolu. "Pwa Pwa." Riolu says as he shook his head. Robby then walked down to the beach and saw a kid lying on the ground, looking like he had just got hit with something. Robby went over to him and said, "Hey, are you okay? You look like you just got hit or somethin'." Robby then did a double take. "Wait? Are you? No.. I haven't seen him since Kanto." Robby said, confused as he looked down at the kid.

"Yeah, I'm fine," Landon said as, he tried to open his eyes. Landon looked above him to see a familiar face he shot up, "Robby!" Landon got up and brushed the sand off of him, "Hey, haven't seen you in a while," Landon said as Swift ran to make sure he was okay, Landon knelt down and patted Swift on the head, "Yeah I'm fine buddy."

"Wow it really is you!" Robby exclaimed. "I never thought I would find anyone of my old pals after I left Kanto!" Robby said as he helped Landon up. "So, what are you doing here?" Robby asked as he looked around. "I'm personally here because I lost in the Sinnoh league and I wanted to try out the Alolan League." Robby said as he patted Riolu on the head. "Is anyone else here with you, or is it just you?" Robby asked as he looked at his Guide To Alola book.

"After I left Kanto me and Lyra came here for a while, then I spent some time at home with my family in Sinnoh," Landon replied, as he got up, he reached out his hand to shake with Robby, "By the way congratulations in the Sinnoh League."

Robby shook Landon's hand. "There's no need to congratulate me haha, I didn't win." Robby said with a sigh. "Any way, is there even an Alolan League? I know there are trials and everything thing, but I just came here on a whim." Robby said as he continued to flip through the pages of his guide book, then immediately threw it into the sea. "Man that thing was useless." Robby said with a laugh, then he looked down at the Torchic, "Who's your new friend?" Robby asked as he looked back up at Landon.

Landon reached down and picked up Swift and turned to Robby, "This is Swift the Eevee, I caught him as a Christmas Present from my mom," he continued to pet Swift softly, "And they so have an Alola League, but it's still under construction, I'm gonna go explore the town wanna join?"

"Oh I see, nice to meet you Swift." Robby said as he and Riolu waved at the Eevee. "Sure I'll join you." Robby said as he and Landon began to walk down town. "Well, I might as well introduce you to my partner, Riolu. He hatched from an egg right at the end of my Sinnoh journey. As for my other pokemon, Charizard, Gallade, Electivire, Donphan, Aegislash, and my Sinnoh Pokemon are with Professor Sycamore." Robby said as they continued to walk down the street. "Oh yeah, and Greninja. I found his original trainer and returned it." Robby explained to Landon, trying to catch him.

Landon continued to walk through Hau'oli City with Robby and listening to the adventures Robby had through. "Well sounds like you had fun in Sinnoh, I'm gald," Landon said with a smile, "I'm glad Greninja is back with it's trainer, and I'm sorry you two had to part ways." They continued to walk down the street until they could see something up ahead, they saw two people in black jump suites and white caps harassing a trainer, Landon turned to Robby, "Let's get a closer look."

"It's alright, but those two belonged with each, and it was simply my mission to return Greninja." Robby said as he continued walking. Seeing the the two people, "Right, let's see what's up." Robby said to Landon with a kind of an excited look on his face. "I'm always up for stomping on bad guys." Robby said, putting his fist into his palm. "Get ready for a fight Riolu." Robby said, trying to prepare him.
"Bwa." Riolu said with a nod.

"Hey, you two!" Landon called to them, as he and Robby ran towards them, "Leave her alone!"

"Yo, Yo, this ain't none of your business," One of them said. "Yeah like my bro said, this is Team Skull Business!" The other Grunt replied. The two grunts pulled out Pokeballs, "If you win then maybe we'll let you leave," they said as they tossed out a Zubat and a Mareanie, then ordered both of their Pokemon, "Use Venoshock!"

"Ready Swift," Landon asked, Swift nodded and leaped into battle, "Dodge that Venoshock with Quick Attack! Then use Double Team!" Swift quickly avoided the Venoshock then followed up using Double Team to confuse the two Pokemon, "You're up Robby!"

"Hey back off," Ry Burst shouted at the guys claiming to be Team Skull grunts. They wanted to take Pax. Pax the Pancham stood on Ry's head and made a face. "I've never even heard of Team Skull," Ry said.

"That's it," the Grunt on the left muttered, reaching out to grab Pax. Instinctively Ry reached for Fuego's Pokeball and grasped only air. Then last minute, he side stepped out of the way.

Then two boys he recognized challenged the grunts to a battle. After a few seconds, he recognized the two boys.
"Landon, Robby, that you?" He asked.

"Alright, this reminds me of the old days! Riolu Use Swords Dance then Quick Attack back to back!" Robby yelled out while making a fist.
Riolu raised it's attack with Swords Dance, then sped at both Pokemon with a powerful Quick Attack, hitting them both. "Alright Landon let's send these guys back to where ever they came from!" Robby yelled with a smile on his face.
Man! I really do love crushing bad guys! Robby thought to himself.
Robby then looked over at the person Team Skull was attacking "Woah! Is that Ry?" Robby asked Landon, trying to get a better view.

Last edited:
"You got it," Landon replied making a fist, "Swift use a double Quick Attack with Riolu!" Swift and Riolu began charging at Zubat and Mareanie sending them flying into the grunts.

"You haven't heard the last of us right B!" Grunt A said. "Yeah you're right, A!" Grunt B replied in pain. The two grunts got on there motor bikes and began speeding away with their fainted Pokemon on them.

"You'd think those boneheads would re-call their Pokemon before speeding off," Landon said as he watched the two speed off. Swift ran back to Landon, "You were great buddy," Landon re-called Swift. Landon and Robby ran over to check on the trainer, when Landon heard the trainer calling them, then it had hit him, as he ran over, Landon called back, "Ry is that you?"

"I guess it is," Ry said walking over. "What are you guys doing here?" He asked. Pax looked around confused. "Oh yeah, i forgot to introduce you guys, this is Pax, he'll be traveling with me for a while." Ry explained. Pax slid down his arms and made a goofy face to the other trainer's Pokémon.

"Team Skull.. Bone Heads hahaha I get it." Robby said as he watched the two run off. "Man, those guys are even weirder than Team Flare. Did you hear them talk?" Robby said as he walked with Landon toward Ry. "Hey man! It's been a really long time, what are you doin' here in Alola?" Robby asked Ry as he reached out to shake his hand.

"Vacation, i've been training hard with Gurkkin for a while and my team convinced me to take a vacation." Ry said smiling. "Me and Jet, got the hang of Mega Evolution too," Ry exclaimed.

"That's awesome, good for you guys! I am here to challenge the Alolan League because why not?" Robby said as he smiled, he was happy to meet some old friends in a new region. "As for my partner here, this is Riolu, I hatched him from an egg just before I finished up my Sinnoh journey. Also, I returned Greninja to his original trainer, and the rest of my team is helping out Professor Sycamore." Robby said, catching up with Ry.
"Bwa!" Riolu said with a smile as it waved to Ry and Pax.

"Congrats Ry on Mega Evolution," Landon reached his hand out to congratulate Ry. Landon then turned to Robby, "Well then we should go see Professor Kukui, so we can learn about the trails."

"Ah, Professor Kukui. Professor Sycamore he works on Pokemon Moves. Well, let's go." Robby said with a smile. "Oh and Ry, will you also want to join us?" Robby asked as he looked a Ry with a smirk, "It can be just like old times." Robby then thought for a moment, "Do you even know where Kukui's lab is Landon? I really don't wanna get lost." Robby asked as he turned to Landon.

"I'll go," Ry said, "But what do you mean Alolan Leauge? I thought they didn't have gyms here." Pax looked around and climbed onto Ry's head. "Pan," Pax yawned.

"Hey! I'll have you know my sense of direction has improved!" Landon called back, immediately tripping over a rock soon after. Landon got up slowly rubbing his head in pain, he turned to Ry, "You're right Ry, Alola has no gyms it has trails instead, once you defeat all of the trails you're aloud to challenge the Alola League, but it's still being built at the moment."

"Okay, but I'll have my pokegear out just in case we get lost." Robby said to Landon just as he tripped over the rock, "Well it seems you don't know how to step over rocks!" Robby said with a laugh, then helped Landon up. "I wonder if Kukui will give us anything special or maybe even a Pokemon?" Robby asked aloud as they walked down the street toward Kukui's lab. "I've had my eye on this Pokemon native to Alola named Popplio, I hear it's final evolved form is super strong!" Robby exclaimed.

"Sweet, i guess i could challenge the leauge," Ry said, "Maybe i could get a starter too," He added.
"And beside, Landon, your sense of direction, could get any worse," Ry joked. Ry began to follow them.

"Yeah personally I'd like to get a Rowlet!" Landon replied as he got up, "Now onto Professor Kukui's Lab!" Landon cried as he marched towards Professor Kukui's place. "There it is!" Landon called out pointing at a house that looked like it had been broken into, Landon walked up to the house and knocked on the door. The door creaked open at inside the house was Professor Kukui, "Hello there, can I help you?" he asked. "Hello Professor, my name is Landon," Landon introduced.

"Well I guess you're right about that, Ry." Robby said with a laugh. "Wow, this house is a mess it looks like multiple Hyper Beams have been shot through it." Robby said as he walked up to Kukui with Landon and Ry. "Hey Professor, my name is Robby, and this is my partner Riolu." Robby said to Kukui as he introduced himself. "Professor, why does your house look likes its been destroyed and rebuilt multiple times?" Robby asked as he inspected the house.

"Dudes, what happened?"Ry asked walking inside. "Oh yeah, My name is Ry Burst and this is Pax"
"It's like a ninja went nuts." Pax made a face at Ry. "What? I ran out of ways to describe the house." Ry looked around it was a mess. His mom would kill him, if his room was this messy.

"Oh that?" Kukui replied, rubbing the back of his head in embarrasment, "Well I feel that the best way to study Pokemon moves is to experience them head on, but that comes at the expense of my house and lab coats." Kukui walked over and quickly made some food for everyone, "Here eat up, this is an Alolan Plate it's popular here in Alola," Kukui said as he set down the food, "Now Robby I heard you'r hear to register for the Pokemon League?"

"We all are," Landon added, as he began digging into the food.

Ry looked at the food and grinned. he started to stuff his mouth full of it. "This is really good," He mumbled in between bites. Within a few seconds it was gone. "Delicious," Ry said licking his lips.

"Thanks for the food!" Robby said as he and Riolu dug in. "Yeah, that's right, I actually want to win this time!" Robby exclaimed with a mouthful. "Also, Professor do you happen to have any starter Pokemon, you see me and my friends want to make friends with Alolan Pokemon and we wanted you know.. Catch them." Robby said as he tried to Persuade Kukui to let them have a starter Pokemon.

"Well would you look at that love at first bite," Kukui laughed as he watched Ry, eat everything on the plate, then turned to Robby, "And as for that question I have a solution for you, now once we're done here we'll take off with Agility towards Iki Town!" Kukui sat back with a cup of coffee in his hand.

"Well we better get going soon," Landon said before stuffing he and Swift's mouths full of food. "Done!" Landon exclaimed proudly not to long later, "Man was that good!"

"What took you guys so long, I'm ready to go," Ry joked standing up with Pax on his shoulder.
"We're ready as Freddy," Ry said trying out his own pathetic excuse for a joke.

"Oh come on guys you have to actually taste the food!" Robby said as he hurried to finish his food. "Take off with Agility, I get it haha." Robby said as he finished his food. "Shall we now head to Iki town?" Robby asked as he stood up with excitement. "Maybe we can even see Tapu Koko, the guardian of Melemele Island!" Robby exclaimed as he began to walk out the door.

"Alright then let's get going," Kukui said, "And when we get to Hau'oli City we can call a Pokemon Taxi! Now let's get going with Extreme Speed! Woo!" Kukui began running out the door and towards Hau'oli City.

"Come on Ry, we can't let them get away!" Landon said with excitement as he ran out with Swift, towards Hau'oli City.

"Alright let's go!" Robby yelled as he ran after Kukui. "This region is awesome!" Robby exclaimed as he threw his arms up in the air. "Hey Professor, do you know anything about those Numbskulls from Team Skull? They attacked me and my friends right before we got to your lab." Robby asked Kukui as he was now running right beside him.

"Wait, what's a pokemon Taxi," Ry asked. But then he realized he was falling behind. "What for me!" He shouted chasing after Kukui. Pax followed close behind. "You aren't gonna beat me!" Ry shouted beginning to pass Kukui.

"Team Skull, yeah I know a thing or two about them, they enjoy messing up trials and stealing Pokemon, though they aren't very good at it," Kukui said as he stopped at a sigh with a blacked out Tauros on it. "That's a Pokemon Taxi," Kukui pointed to a carriage with a small roof, seats that could fit three people at a time, all attached to a Tauros with a saddle on it.

"Alola! Tourists, that's how we greet people here by saying, Alola" a man wearing sunglasses and a T-shirt walked over, laughed, "Kukui, I take it you want to go to Iki Town!"

"You've Locked On with that answer," Kukui replied giving a thumbs up.

"Alright then three of you can ride in the carriage and one of you can ride with me on Tauros!" The man smiled.

"Yeah, they're as dumb as I thought then. At least their not like the Fashion Police, Team Flare, man those guys were about as annoying as their glasses." Robby says as he climbs into the Pokemon Taxi. "By Pokemon Taxi, I didn't think you meant a literal Pokemon Taxi." Robby said with a laugh. Robby then turned to his friends, "Alright guys are you ready to ride this thing?" Robby asked nervously unsure if it's actually safe.

Ry raised his hand and jumped, "Pick me, I call the Tauros!" He turned to face his friends. "Sorry, but it seems so cool." He said climbing on top of the Tauros.

"Alright then let's get going you guys," Kukui said as they all got into the Pokemon Taxi.

Landon hoped into the carriage, it was quite comfortable, the drive told Tauros where they were going and Tauros nodded in response and began walking at a moderate pace, "Wow," Landon said marveling at Hau'oli City.

"We'll be at Iki Town before you know it," The cab driver told them all, and he wasn't lying.

Landon was so taken by the view he didn't realize they'd come to a stop, Landon got off the Tauros and took in the view of the small town, there was a large platform in the middle with an intricate deign on it and a forest that lead somewhere.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.