• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Journey through Alola RP

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Close Combat hit Roten hard. "Hang in there Roten," Landon muttered, Roten quickly grabbed on of Lucario's fists with it's claw and began dragging it high into the air, "Now throw it down!" Landon ordered as he clenched his fists, Roten spun around before releasing Lucario from it's grip.

Lucario managed to slow its momentum by go into a sky diver’s form, but it still crashed into the ground with a lot of force, damaging the Pokémon.

“Barrage it with Aura Spheres!” Robby yelled out frantically. Lucario cried out and shot spheres out of its palms at Roten as the Decidueye flew through the air, some of the Aura Spheres even appeared to be tracking Roten.

The Barrage of Aura Sphere's hit hard sending Roten falling straight towards the ground, "Hang in there Roten, I know you can do it!" Landon shouted, Roten quickly straightened out seconds before colliding with the ground, but due to the damage from the Aura Sphere Roten slid across the field from the damage. "Roten can you get up?" Landon asked Roten slowly crawled up and gave Landon a nod. Landon smiled and looked at his Z-Ring which was starting to radiate heat. "Alright, Roten what do you say?" Landon asked, Roten nodded in response as it got into position. "Then let's go!" he cried as he made an X with his arms, he straightened his arms outwards soon after, before making a ridiculous face alongside Roten, "Now Roten go!" Roten sprung high into the air at Landon's command, "Sinister Arrow Raid!" Roten became surrounded in arrows as it dove straight down towards Lucario.

Robby quickly pulled out a Z-Crystal from his bag and placed it in his Z-Ring, it would be do or die.

The trainer and the Pokemon moved in sync as they crossed there arms and formed an X in front of them then in front of their faces. "This is our full power!" Robby yelled as he and Lucario began punching the air. "ALL OUT PUMMELING!" Robby yelled at this top of his lungs and a barrage of giant fists shot at Roten as it swooped in for the Sinister Arrow Raid.

The attacks causing a huge explosion when they collided, the screen in the arena blacked out and the people in the crowd took cover as the shock wave sent anything it could pick up flying. The energy in that arena was off of the charts it was almost like 10 Ultra Worms holes had opened up there was so much.

Robby stood, his hair blew in the wind violently as he awaited the results of the clash...

The collision had caused a large cloud of smoke that covered the entire field blocking the sight of the two trainers and Pokemon. The crowd waited in suspense as the smoke was cleared revealing the field was nearly destroyed. The referee ran into the field past the ruble to find both Pokemon lying on the ground, not long after Lucario slowly made it's way up, while Decidueye remained on the ground. "Decidueye is unable to battle Lucario wins, which means the winner is Robby from Vanivelle Town," the referee declared. The scoreboard blacked out the last of Landon's Pokemon before focusing on Robby's picture and Pokemon. Landon walked out onto the field and helped Roten up, "Thanks Roten, you all did amazing," Landon thanked as he walked over to Robby, extending his hand, "Congratulations Robby, and thanks for the great battle," he commented.

Robby stared in disbelief at the battlefield, had he actually finally won a league? "No way..." Robby said as a wave of relief and excitement rushed over the trainer. Lucario slowly stood up and limped over to Robby and jumped/collapsed into the arms of his trainer.

Robby patted his partner on the head, "Thank you for everything." Robby mumbled to his friend, "You really have grown." Robby continued to with smile, he wiped his eyes and helped Lucario as they met Landon in the middle of the battlefield.

Robby shook Landon's hand back, "No, thank you for the awesome journey. That was the best battle I've ever had." Robby said to Landon with a smile.

Evon and Mallow both smiled, happy at how the battle had gone. Evon gave a thumbs-up towards the two while Mallow joined the crowd in a massive cheer. The Pokemon belonging to the two cheered happily as well. Before Evon could stop it, his Eevee jumped over the boundaries and ran to the two. Every n was forced to run after it. The cute creature playfully yipped at the two a bit before Evon picked it up. "Congrats on your win, Champion Robby." Evon said with a smile. "That was a great battle, both of you. You're definitely some of the strongest trainers I've ever seen. Now, Robby, you ready for the ceremonies?"

After sometime to swap the field for one that wasn't destroyed, all the trainers and kahunas gathered to congratulate Alola's first Pokemon Champion. Professor Kukui stepped up and handed a trophy to Robby. The ceremony lasted until sunset where Landon decided to meet Robby. "Well you gave it your best shot," Lyra commented, Landon nodded as he waited for Robby, he didn't want to leave without saying goodbye. Landon smiled as he stared at the sunset, with Lyra and the Rotom Dex, but out of the corner of his eye he saw a dark figure race across some rocks that stuck out of the ocean, "What's that?" Landon quickly turned to look at it but before he could get a good look, it was gone.

"Hey, Landon!" Evon said, running over with Mallow. "Hold up! You left before I could ask you about this, but we were going to have a battle, right? I might not see you for a while after this, so I wanted to make sure we could have it now if you'd like."
"And I wanna watch!" Mallow said with a smile. "I want my last experience here in Alola for a while to be a good one, after all."

"You're on," Landon commented as he threw his stuff aside and quickly pulled out a Pokeball, "Just don't hold back because we won't!" Landon called out as he threw his Pokeball up releasing his Decidueye, Landon smiled as he waited for Evon's Pokemon.

"Oh yeah for sure!" Robby exclaimed, responding to Evon, "Thanks for being apart of this journey, Evon it was great." Robby said before turning toward Kukui and accepting the trophy, "Thank you so much!" Robby exclaimed.

Serena ran up to Robby and gave him a huge hug, "Congratulations!" She exclaimed before jumping back, "Now let's start this party!" The two yelled at the same time and the party exploded to life and lasted a long time until Robby managed to sneak off.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Robby yawned and began walking up the crystal blue stairs to his tower, "Wow, Kukui. You out did yourself." Robby said before reaching the top, the battlefield was a crystal blue and there was a throne of the same color, but the view of Ula'Ula island was incredible.

The newly crowned Champion leaned against the railing and looked over the horizon as the sun set and appeared to go under the ocean. Robby looked up into the starry sky but something was odd... There was something flashing and then it happened, a crack in the sky appeared and looked like it was about to open.

Robby rubbed his eyes and it was gone, "What was that just now?" Robby asked quietly to himself before Serena tapped him on the back and also leaned against the railing, "You alright, Champ?" Serena asked Robby.

"Yeah, but you don't have to refer to me as that." Robby said with a chuckle, "Just enjoying the few." Robby said with a smile as the breeze blew Serena's long hair in the wind.

"Right." Evon said woth a smile, sending out his Eevee."
"Wait, you're opening with Eevee against Landon's star team member? Why?"
"Because Eevee can do this." Evon responded with a smile. "Your move, Landon."

"Sadly you won't be fighting my star team member," Landon smiled, he had sent Mizu, his star Pokemon, back to Professor Rowan's Lab earlier. "Alright Roten use Steel Wing!" Landon called out, Roten flew up before diving down straight for Eevee, 'Eevee's a nimble Pokemon, it can easily dodge some attack from a larger Pokemon like Decidueye but I've got that figured out already' Landon thought to himself.

“And after that smashing battle, the Alolan League comes to a close. Now we’ll be back for the closing ceremonies after this commercial break.” The announcer said happily upon the screen, before a hand switched the TV off.

After Aether Paradise, Ry knew his vacation was up and needed to head back to Gurkin’s to train. And while his friends finished their journey, Ry finished his training. He had actually just finished yesterday, and was spending a day with them to teach the Alolan Leauge tournament’s finals battles. The young man was surprised to see his tow fiends competing for the championship title.

Ry Burst stood up off the couch. He didn’t need to see the ending ceremony. The battles were the part he prefered to watch. As a trainer watching as many battles as he could, would help him. Pax, Munchy, Fuego, and Jet stood up after watching with him. Ry grabbed his bag off of the Pokemon Center couch and slung it over his back. He was ready to head back home to Sinnoh. Alola was great but he would travel it at a later time. Better travel the region when he wasn’t crunched on time. But now a new journey awaited him. After visiting Mom, he would take on the Sinnoh Leauge. A blast from blast. The challenge he had failed a while ago. Time to go for it again.

Evon smiled. “Bite it!” Evon shouted, and served leaped in to Roten, biting down hard on its wing. Eeveechu151 took damage, but was carried along with Roten while dealing more damage than it was taking.

"Sorry but that won't do much to Roten," Landon commented with a smile, "Throw it to the ground." Roten quickly soared up into the air before swinging it's wing throwing Eevee down to the ground, "Now Solar Beam!" Roten quickly soared higher into the air before summoning a small ball of light.

Evon smiled, he had been expecting this. As Eevee was thrown off, it fired a Shadow Ball at the ground while spinning. The ball of energy combusted, sending Eevee forwards. Eevee then powered up another Shadow Ball, holding it in front of it and jumping straight into the Solar Beam while it was still forming. Light and darkness both mixed at a critical point, causing another powerful blast. As Eevee hit the ground it healed itself using Refresh before charging up another Shadow Ball.

"Dodge it!" Landon shouted, Roten tried to dodge but ended up being hit by the Shadow Ball, "Roten!" Landon called out. Roten sharpened it's vision as it's eyes began to glow a deep read. "What move is that?" Landon wondered before Rotom flew in. "That move is called Foresight zzt, when used on a Normal Type, Ghost attacks are able it hit Normal Types," Rotom explained. "Alright, then Roten let's go Spirit Shackle!" Roten smiled as it drew back an arrow and fired it directly at Eevee.

"Move!" Evon shouted, and Eevee tried to jump out of the way... but it was too fast. The arrow hit Eevee's shadow, and it found itself unable to move. "Damn!" Evon replied, trying to think of a way out. "Try Toxi- URGH!" Evon was going to swing his hand out to order the attack, but a sharp pain went through his side. Evon fell to the ground a bit, but caught himself. Mallow and Eevee looked at him, worried.
"W-what happened?! Did the injury not fully heal or somethin-" Mallow was saying, but was interrupted.
"I'm fine." Evon said, getting back up. "Eevee, Toxic! Spread out the shot!" Upon Evon's orders, Eevee fired off a large Toxic towards Roten, covering a wide radius that it would have a tough time dodging.

The Toxic struck Roten hard and began draining it's energy a lot. "Roten are you okay?" Landon asked, Roten nodded as it landed, "Great then use Steel Wing!" Roten ran straight towards Eevee as it's wings became coated once again with steel.

Eevee was hit hard, being unable to dodge. It was still stuck, so was hit hard. It didn't budge, though - it couldn't. Without Eevee's maneuverability, it was stuck. Landon had Evon at the biggest disadvantage he had ever seen, and that was saying a lot considering what Evon had seen.

"Alright now Roten let's go!" Landon shouted as Roten flipped back in front of Landon. Landon quickly made an X with his arms as his Decidium Z flashed a bright green, Landon and Roten both wiggled slightly before making some silly faces, "Now Full-Power!" Landon shouted as Roten leaped high into the air as it summoned a ton of arrows around it, Roten quickly turned to a nose dive as the arrows followed it, "Go Sinister Arrow Raid!"

Evon had no way out of it. Eevee took the full hit. Smoke spread throughout the area, with the heavy impact taking its toll. As the smoke cleared, Eevee was somehow still standing. It was breathing heavily. One more hit would easily finish it, and it still couldn't move...
"That's enough." Evon said with a smile, walking into the middle of the battlefield. "One important trait of a gym leader is knowing when you've lost. This is it. Any one attack could finish me, and you've got me stuck in a position where I can't escape. Guess Decidueye is the perfect counter to Eevee because of that arrow. Good match." Evon then picked up Eevee, who had a slightly confused look on its face. "Good match, pal. You did great."
"Wow, you totally had him on lock-down..." Mallow commented from the side, rubbing the back of her head. "Ah, well. This was still a great thing to see before I leave Alola behind."
"Oh by the way, Landon. Take this." Evon said, tossing him something from a bag in his pocket. Something small, metal and shiny.

"Thank you Evon," Landon commented as he took the small metal piece, "So two questions, one is this a gym badge? and two, are you okay, not dying right?" he asked nervously as he stared at both Mallow and Evon.

"Yeah, it's a badge from my city. Under a technicality, you did beat a gym leader. I only used one Pokemon, but I think you've earned it. Use it if you ever come to Garet. And I'm fine." Evon said with a smile.
"That pain you showed indicates you're not..." Mallow said worriedly.
"I'm FINE." Evon insisted. "Anyways. That there's the Spectrum badge. Even though you've already got the badge, I'd still like for you to challenge my gym if we ever get around to it. Bring Robby as well. Hey, speaking of Robby, where is he?"

"He's at Mount Lanakila's summit," Landon answered as he pointed to the peak of the mountain, "I would have liked to say goodbye to him but the Champion's busy I guess." Landon smiled as he stared at the mountain's peak before feeling a slight tug against him he turned to see Lyra and pointed towards the docks, "Oh right the ship, see ya Evon, I'll take you up on that offer some day!" he called out as he ran towards the ship. Landon stopped in front of the boat and turned to see Rotom, "Well Rotom Dex what's next for you?" he asked. "Well I'll help Professor Kukui create the next generation of Pokedex's with all of the data we collected on our journey," Rotom answered as it help up a rectangular wrapped gift for Landon, "That's for you, Robby should be getting his from Professor Kukui and I'll be bringing Evon's right now."
Landon held the gift under his arm as he stared at the Rotom Dex, "Rotom thank you for being there for us," he commented as he extended his hand.

After parting ways with everyone Landon found himself alone with Lyra on the boat back to the Sinnoh Region. "Well, now what?" he asked himself as he leaned against the railing. "I hear the Sinnoh League will be starting again soon," Lyra commented as she leaned against the railing with Landon. "Then I'll become the Champion of Sinnoh," he smiled, "I haven't been there in years." Lyra smiled, "Hey what did Rotom give you?" she asked. "I don't know, let's see." Landon replied as he quickly unwrapped the gift to find a portfolio filled with photos taken during their journey in Alola, Landon smiled as he flipped through the photos remembering his journey.

Evon and Mallow waved to Landon. "Guess he never noticed about your inferences of you leaving Alola." Evon said. "You sure you're okay with this?"
"Of course." Mallow nodded. "I've been wanting a change, anyways. And I really want to see the sights of your homeland!"
"Well, sure." Evon replied. "Let's go find Robby before we head out and say our goodbyes."
"Are you sure you'll be able to get him?"
"He can't deny a gym leader and his friend, right?" Evon replied, running off. Mallow followed.

As he reached the top of Mount Lanakila, he looked around for Robby. Now where would he be...?

Robby and Serena continued to look off of the summit of Mount. Lanakila into the night sky; the view was absolutely beautiful. The newly crowned champion glanced toward Serena and smiled before looking back along the horizon.

"I wonder if Landon and Evon have already left." Robby said as the breeze blew his dirty blonde hair, his black shirt flapped along as well. "I was kinda hoping to say goodbye, but I know we'll see them for again for sure." Robby finished before standing up straight.

"I mean, I think Landon already left but I don't know about Ev--" Serena stopped herself when she saw Evon and Mallow below them on the ground, she had to lean over the railing just a bit more but called up to them, "Evon! Mallow! Up here!" Serena yelled from above with a wave before standing up straight again and looking toward Robby.

Robby smirked as he walked over to the Champion Chair and sat upon it, "Watch this." Robby said to Serena. The teen then proceeded to look all high and mighty in his throne before bursting out in laughter and slouching a bit in the seat.

"You just can't be serious can you?" Serena asked with a giggle before walking a bit closer to Robby's 'Throne'

Evon heard a cry from Serena, and looked up to see the two heading further inside. Evon grabbed Mallow's hand, pulling her along.
"Wh- hey!" Mallow said, being dragged with Evon. The two ran up to where they had seen the group. Evon couldn't help but laugh when he saw Robby acting pompous in his seat.
"Thank god I'm not a gym leader of this region - I don't want to have to bow to your lordship." Evon cracked, smiling at his friend. "I'm glad I was able to find you before heading out. We're not going to be able to see each other for a while, so I wanted to make sure you'd know where to find me if you needed me. I also wanted to say goodbye to a friend."
"Yeah, we're going to be heading to Evon's homeland for the next while." Mallow continued. "It's a bit of a sail, but it's not too far. We should be there by tomorrow, and then Evon can check up on how his new gym plan's construction is coming while I figure out exactly what I'm going to do there."

Robby stood up from his chair and chuckled at Evon's comment, "I think I'd make an awesome boss." Robby said with a smirk before extending his hand for Evon to shake.
"Thanks for everything man, all the help and stuff throughout this journey. It was awesome being able to meet you." Robby said, beaming at his friend.

Robby nodded as Evon and Mallow spoke, "Hopefully I'll be able to make it out there sometime and check up on you crazy kids." The older teen said before leaning in to whisper into Evon's ear, "Make you sure you behave yourself with Mallow, she is one of my trial captains now." Robby said before patting Evon and the back and laughing.

{Back at the foot of Mount Lanakila}

"Weaklings," a voice commented, it was from a boy, he looked to be close to 15, he wore a leather jacket with spikes and a black shirt, he also used a red mask and goggles to cover his face, "Soon this world will bow down to me, I will take the throne as Champion." The boy began walking away from the Mountain alongside a Midnight Form Lycanroc. Covering his wrist was something that looked like a black Z-Ring but the crystal inside was much different than any crystals seen before.

{In Iki Town}
"Kahuna Hala, what's the matter?" Kukui asked as he ran to the Kahuna. Hala reached into his sleeve with a distressed look on his face before pulling out a strange black rock. "What's that?" Kukui asked. "It's supposed to be Z-Ring ore," Hala answered as he pulled out a similar rock but this one was white instead, "I found this on Mahalo Trail in the ground, while the Z-Ring ore is not particularly rare to begin with, this one is much different," Hala explained. "Right, I'll get some researchers to take a look at it," Kukui commented before running off. "Could this be a sigh of good fortune or something much worse," Hala muttered before putting the rock away.

(OOC: That's it for my posts, neither Landon or this new mysterious Character shall interact with anyone until the sequel. This RP has been so much fun and the story line for the sequel is already in production, anyway stay safe everyone, stay awesome, and I'll talk to y'all later!)

"W-well, actually, that's not true… Mallow said, her hand behind her head. "I'm actually going to be giving up the position of Trial Captain for a while in order to go to Garet. My sister will be taking over for me in the meantime."
"I'll make sure she's safe, don't worry." Evon replied, shaking Robby's back and doing the same. But when Evon let go, a can of fizzy water had been placed in Robby's hand. "Try it - it's good!" Evon smiled.
"We should probably get going now. It was great seeing you guys." Mallow said.

Robby was surprised at first but nodded his head in understanding, "Alright, you guys have fun in Garet. And uh, thanks for this drink." Robby said with a smile.
Robby and Serena waved and said their goodbyes to Evon and Mallow, "Man, that one was heck of a journey." Robby muttered to Serena, "I bet, but now, Mr. Champion. You have to spend the majority of your time in Alola." Serena said almost with a bit of sadness in her voice.
Robby glanced over to her then back up into the sky, "Don't worry I'll visit Kalos often." Robby said with a reassuring tone.

(The Next Day)
Robby watched as Serena sailed off the port of Malie in a giant ferry. He sent her of with smiles and waves but when the ship was out of sight his smile turned to a frown, he was now alone in Alola, but then he remember, he wasn't alone. He had his Pokemon with him, his partners that have been with him since the beginning. Robby put his hands in his pocket and released his Lucario and lightly smiled as the two began to walk together, remembering their journey through Alola.

Last edited:
Evon and Mallow went over to the harbor they had departed from last time, and saw the man there.
"You two ready to go?" the sailor asked.
"Yeah." Evon nodded. The group all got onto the boat and sailed away.

When the trio arrived at Prism City's port back in Garet, they saw a boy there looking around. "Hey, you looking for someone?" Evon asked.
"Not really. I'm looking for a boat." the boy replied. "I'm looking to further my journey overseas. I was thinking Alola would be a good place to start, but there's no boats going there..."
Evon and Mallow looked at each other. "Well, why not talk to our guy right here?"
"Wait, really? Alright!" the kid said, fist-pumping. "Excuse me, sir! Can you take me to Alola?"
"Sure! What's your name?" the sailor asked.
"Alex."

Alola, a region that is know as a tropical paradise has finally crowned a new champion. A first one and bringing the world into a new age of Pokemon Training. But as time moves on, we must look back to the trainers who began their travels here. All full of excitement and joy. Now as their journey end and they all go their different ways, to their future, to their present, to their roots, they all will remember the feeling they had when they first came to the region under the sun and felt the heat dance across their skin.

Until next time, Alola.

Status
Not open for further replies.