• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Journey through Alola RP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hanna smiled, "No problem" She said, "I have an idea... Why don't we go to the beach and practise our z-moves?!"

"Ste Steenee!"
"Fo! Mantis!"

"Thank you very much Ilima," Landon said as he received the Normalium Z, Swift jumped onto his shoulder and smiled, "Check it out bud, Normalium Z!" Landon showed Swift the Z-Crystal, she cheered in response. "Thanks Ilima for allowing us to take on your Trial it was a great challenge," Landon said as he placed the Z-Crystal in his Z-Ring.

"Now that you've completed your first Trial, I'd be glad to take you on in my Grand Trial," Hala said as he walked into the cave applauding the trainers who had just completed their first Trial in Alola.

"That would be great Kahuna!" Hanna said, "But could we maybe have a little by of time to practise our z-moves?" She glanced down at her z-crystal, she wondered how many different z-crystals there were.

"That would be a great idea, some training just before our grand trial!" Robby exclaimed with a smile. "I can't wait to try out our Z Quick Attack, right buddy?" Robby asked as he rubbed Riolu on the head. "Oh and sorry I didn't let you battle here, I wanted to let Popplio battle." Robby said to Riolu
"Bwa Bwa" Riolu said, like it was saying 'it's okay.'
"I also gotta train up Pichu and Popplio too so this beach training trip will be very good!" Robby added as he recalled Popplio.

(I've already asked to join for this one, but I'm a little late. Sorry!)

Jeffrey ran around, racing his Alolan Raichu. "Come on, Raichu! You can do better then that!" He laughed. While almost losing, Raichu actually won the race. "So you win again..." Jeffrey sighed. Raichu let out a small "Rai!" as he cheered Jeffrey up. "Oh, thanks Raichu!" He said. "Y'know... Raichu... I was thinking... Maybe we could become a trial-goer! I know it'll be fun. For sure! We'll beat all those Totem Pokemon down!" Jeffrey said, making his Raichu extremely happy.

"You'll need all the training that you can get to defeat Kahuna Hala." A trainer said, appearing from behind the Pokemon center. He wore the gear of an Ace Trainer, but had uncommon brown hair and blue eyes. He also only had one Pokemon with him. "Trust me, I took him on not too long ago. Ilima, too. And let me tell you - he's tough. Especially for those with little-to-no battling experience. He's a veteran."
"You've been standing there waiting to make your dramatic entrance for a while, haven't you, Evon?" Ilima said.
"Yep."

Another boy ran into the Pokecenter, with a Alolan Raichu. "Oh! Are you Ilima? I'd like to have both a battle and a trial!" The boy exclaimed. "Oh, I forgot to introduce myself, name's Jeffrey, and this is my partner Raichu!" He said, showing his Alolan Raichu to all. "So, who are all of you? Trial-goers, like me?" He asked.

Robby looked over to the trainer, "Yeah, and who might you be?" Robby asked, a bit annoyed. "I know I can defeat Hala, I've been on my journey for about three years now. Competed in three different leagues, but now I'm here." Robby added, then he turned to Landon, "When are we heading out? I can't wait to try out the Z-Move." Robby asked.

"With just a low-level Riolu? I mean, dedication can get you anywhere, but still." the Trainer said, smiling. "Name's Evon. I'm a trial-goer as well, but I'm just in it to improve my bond with my partner. The Z-Crystals are a nice bonus, though."

"Well, nice to meet you Evon, the name's Robby. I would also like to say this guy is stronger than he appears, I hatched him from an egg just before I left Sinnoh, which was quite a while ago." Robby said as he looked at Evon.
Man if only I had brought Charizard or Gallade. Robby thought to himself as he grit his teeth.
"Bwaa.." Riolu growled as it sat upon Robby's hat. "Woah, calm down buddy. I know that you're strong." Robby said as he rubbed Riolu on the head.

"I'm not saying that he's not strong." Evon said. "Just that people normally don't take on entire Pokemon Leagues with one Pokemon. I should know." The trainer turned to Ilima and the newcomer. "So, Ilima. You want to take on this guy's challenge? Might as well, so that he can catch up with the rest of this group. Not counting me, of course."

Jeffrey was waiting for the answer in excitement, he was daydreaming about if he became Champion of the Pokemon League, he thought that would be great. "So? Will you accept my challenge, Ilima?" Jeffrey said, happily.

Robby then turned and whisper to Landon, "Is this guy stupid, does he really think I entered the leagues with just Riolu?"
Robby then turned toward the exit, "Alright, guys lets get of move on!" Robby exclaimed as he started walking.
I smell a Paul like guy here. Robby thought to himself as he remembered back to Sinnoh. This will make things much more interesting.

"You can win any battle no matter how strong your Pokemon," Landon said as he set his Pokeballs in the tray for Nurse Joy to take care of, "And these Z-Crystals are proof of that." Landon showed the Z-Crystal in his Z-Ring. Landon waited in the lobby until he heard the song go off signifying his Pokemon had been healed, he grabbed the Pokeballs from the tray and walked over to everyone, "Now Robby how about we have a 1 on 1 battle and try out our new Z-Moves?"

"Of course I will," Ilima replied he smiled as he gestured Jeffery to follow him. When the two got into the cave Ilima called out, "Let this Trial begin!" The Totem Pokemon Gumshoos leaped down across from Jeffrey and roared as an orange aura flared around it.

"Exactly." Evon said. "Mind if I have a battle with the winner of your match?" he asked. He felt a vibration on his wrist, realizing it was going off. He put his right arm behind his back before anyone noticed the strange device.

"Sure, let's do it!" Robby said with a smile. "Riolu, ready?" Robby asked as he also picked up his pokeballs from the tray.
"Bwa!" Riolu said with a determined smile. "Alright Landon, let's have this battle on the beach." Robby said as he started walking out of the center. Robby then looked now at his gleaming Z-Crystal, "I hope everything works out with this." Robby said as he looked back up toward the beach.

"Whoa... That's one big Gumshoos. Alright, Raichu, you know what to do! Use Volt Tackle!" Alex exclaimed, then, Raichu used Volt Tackle on Gumshoos, to hit him back. "Now, use Thunderbolt!" He exclaimed, while Raichu used Thunderbolt. "Alright! Nice going!" Alex exclaimed.

"Then let's do this, go Swift!" Landon threw the Sportball and Swift burst out ready to battle. Landon stared at his Z-Crystal quickly, 'Z-moves' Landon thought as he stared at the crystal, 'I can't forget what Kiawe told me.' Landon calmed himself and was ready to battle, "You may have the first move Robby!"

"Alright, we won't hold back! Riolu use Swords Dance, then rush it with Force Palm!" Robby yelled as he threw out his palm.
"Bwa!" Riolu responded as blue swords danced around it, sharply raising its attack, then Riolu ran straight at Swift with Force Palm, ready to strike.

The Gumshoos reeled back from the Volt Tackle, and took the full brunt of the Thunderbolt. The Gumshoos had been Biding since the start of the battle, and now unleashed a powerful attack. The Gumshoos bashed into Raichu before battering it. It then used Bite, grabbing Raichu and holding it high.

"That trick won't work twice, use Double Team!" Landon called, Swift quickly began making copies of itself to avoid Riolu's attack, "Now use Swift!" All the copies of Swift began shooting a Swift attack at Riolu, "The fake Swift's attacks won't hurt but the real one's attack will!" Landon exclaimed proudly.

"Raichu! Are you okay?!" Jeffrey asked, panicking, and Raichu stood up and got angry... and used Volt Tackle on Gumshoos, leaving a explosion.... And, of course, letting Raichu be free to attack... Using Electro Ball.

"Riolu concentrate your aura and try and find the real one!" Robby yelled to Riolu with a confident smile.
"Bwa!" Riolu responded as it sat down, and ignored the Swift that was hitting it.
"Hang in there buddy you can do it!" Robby yelled as he started get worried.
Riolu then got up and look right at the real Swift. "Good job buddy now use Quick Attack!" Robby exclaimed as he wiped the sweat from his brow.
Riolu shot up toward Swift, ready to hit it.

Gumshoos used Mud-Slap after regaining his balance, sending the Electro Ball back at Raichu. He then used Sand Attack, lowering Raichu's accuracy. He followed up by letting out a cry, summoning a Yungoos to help him.

Evon looked at the unfolding battle. "Not how I would have done it, but still impressive. I see now how you got to those leagues."

"Raichu! Use Thunder on yourself!" Jeffrey exclaimed. Then, Raichu used Thunder on himself, leaving the mud gone.... And Raichu getting EXTREMELY super-charged and powerful. "Thunderbolt on both! Let's goooo!" He shouted, leaving Raichu using Thunderbolt on the two of them... And making a super-powerful attack.

Swift was sent back from the Quick Attack, "Time for us to do a combonation move, use Quick Attack and Iron Tail!" Swift dashed towards Riolu with Iron Tail and incredible speed towards Riolu. Landon could feel his heart racing with the heat of the battle, Landon could also feel his Z-Ring heating up, 'We can win this.'

"Lets try and overpower it! Riolu use a Swords Dance Force Palm combo and meet it head on!" Robby yelled as he made a fist.
Swords danced around Riolu again, raising its attack once more. Riolu then Speed toward Swift with Force Palm, and met it head on, an explosion was created as the moves clashed.
Robby then looked down at his Z-Ring, and thought to himself Woah, is this thing heating up?

Hanna was practising her Z-Move with Fomantis. She wasn't battling anyone as Fomantis wasn't very strong yet and could get seriously hurt.

"Alright Fomantis! Let's do this!" Hanna yelled as she and Fomantis danced. Fomantis ran faster and faster and faster until she was running across water! She ran back to the beach and slumped to the ground. Hanna ran over to her and picked her up. "It's tiring, isn't it" Hanna said.

Landon and Swift began breathing in sync with each other, he could feel the energy emanating from his Z-Ring, "Alright Swift let's use our Z-Move!" Landon said with confidence. Landon put both his hands in front of his face then moved them both down and finally one arm went above his head and one just below his chest, Swift had been doing the same movements in sync with Landon. Landon could feel a burning passion inside of him, "Let's go Swift!" Landon called out, "Breakneck Blitz!" Swift began charging towards Riolu with increadable speed.

Hanna watched from the Beac as Landon and Swift did their Z-Move. Swift went so fast, just like Fomantis. She couldn't believe she already had her first z-crystal.

"Raichu! Dodge and use Thunderbolt once again! You'll be charged because of that Thunder you just did!" Jeffrey exclaimed. "Use Volt Tackle after you've hit it!" He exclaimed, leaving Raichu using Thunderbolt.

The Totem Pokemon dodged the Thunderbolt, but couldn't stop himself from running into the Volt Tackle. The powerful attack threw Gumshoos off its feet. It hit the ground hard, defeated.

Last edited:
(OOC: "The Raichu dodged the Thunderbolt"? Sorry, I just think it's a funny typo)

"Yes!! We did it!! We beat our first trial!!" Jeffrey shouted happily. "Raichu, you were the best!" Jeffrey exclaimed, hugging Raichu. "Man, you did great. We'll go to a Pokemon Center as soon as we can." He said.

After she had healed Fomantis, she decided to try the z-move again.

"Fomantis! Breakneck Blitz!!!!" She yelled.

Fomantis ran faster and faster and faster until she was running across the water. She looped back round to Hanna and then fell asleep.

"Alright Riolu, let's do the same!" Robby yelled as he made an x in front of his body, then brought it down to about his waist level. Robby then did the arm movements of the Normalium Z, then shout, "This is everything we got! Breakneck Blitz!" Robby yelled as a yellow light surrounds him and Riolu.
"BWA!" Riolu yelled as it ran at Swift with incredible speed and power.

Ry watched as his friends used ther Z-moves. He stuck his newly acquired Z-Crystal into his Z-Ring and said, "Munchy, let's practice." The Munchlax nodded and Ry sent out Pax who took te field ready to go. "Pan," he said waving his hands at Munchy.n
Ry touched his Z-crystal and said, "Breakneck Blitz!" he mimicked the movements his friends had done, along with Munchy. Munchy who was now surrounded in energy charged at Pax knocking him back. "Pan," Pax said sticking his thumb out, trying to act like he was fine, but in retaliate, he was stumbling around.

Hanna smiled as she watched all 3 of her friends use their z-move. She was pretty sure they were all ready for the Grand Trial.

Riolu and Swift charged at each other head-on the look in their eyes was the same as their trainers. Riolu and Swift collided creating a large explosion, "Swift!" Landon cried as he watched the cloud of smoke clear. When the smoke had cleared it revealed both Riolu and Swift unable to battle, Landon ran over and grabbed Swift, "Thank you Swift you did great," Landon said as he re-called Swift, "Well Robby looks like this one ended in a draw!" Landon reached out and shook hands with Robby. Landon walked over and sat on a nearby bench and rested up quickly, 'Z-Moves should not be taken lightly, they are a way for both trainer and Pokemon to further bond with each other' Landon thought about that for a while, he clutched his pocket, 'Z-Moves really take it out of you' Landon got up and addressed everyone, "Well guys lets get going back to Iki Town!" Landon said as he began walking.

Hannah ran over to Robby, Landon and Ry and started to walk, "Are we all ready for the grand trial?" Hanna asked everyone.

She brought out Steenee and held her as they walked, she hadn't practised the z-move because she wanted to give Fomantis a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.